Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 07:51:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 66913 times)
suem

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:38 pm »

Hi to all AJ fans,
Hope all is well and safe for everyone here and your families.  Praying for the people of Japan.  Such a sad story developing there.
After a stressful week at school; it's spring break.  I'm off to Fort Lauderdale today.  So need the sun and warmth- still lots of snow and cold where I live.
Take care all,
Sue

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

Sue,

Enjoy your Spring Break, you need the rest..I hope your Dad is improved..Think of you always and all the AJ Fans w/illiness

Here in Sunny Florida has been cold, using heat today. I hope where you go is warm , but it is only high 60's here in day and lower at night.

I pray for the people of Japan too, seems it's really could get worse if that coolant for the reactor doesn't work.. I wish them luck with that, radiation is dangerous and I'm sure we and other countries will help with that.. a Meltdown would he horrid.. I Pray for the ones with homes gone and relatives..it's just so sad , I had to stop listening a while.. several countries are sending help already..I hope CA & Oregon will be ok..

Everyone have a good weekend and It's been great this week hearing about Alan In Australia with the Strayhorns.. I also read somehere that Jo Nichols opened for him one night, good choice! I'll be glad when I can see Alan now, but thus far, he has no dates I can attend. we don't drive over 13 hrs lol..Take care to Everyone and I hope you are all feeling ok and will have a great weekend! Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 05:11:52 pm »

My prayers go out to all those people in Japan.
So many disasters happening all over the world.
Teresa and Jess come over for dinner last night.
We had a fun girls night. Jay and Kelsey get home
from the basket ball finals today.Kelsey got her knee
hurt in the first game. Just thankfull that is the end
of the basketball season.
It is getting warmer each day. Only have patches of
snow left where they piled it during the winter.
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:22 pm »

OK, checking in like Dot asked me to.  We are inland about 100 miles from the coast and thanks for the concern for us here.  I have a lot going on right now but do try and read the board a few times a week.   Hubby and I were watching Super Nanny last night and he said "I wonder if she has an age limit on kids!!" (ours are 28, 27, and 25)...LOL

Prayers for those poor people of Japan, a double whammy and now the nuclear problems. 

I'm so excited to read all the news and reviews from Australia, I'm so happy Alan went "down under" for his thousands of fans there.  I'll bet he will return now that he has seen how popular he is and how the Aussie's treated  him, his band, and his crew, with such hospitality. 

Spring is springing here in So Cal.  It's been in the 70's this week and the cottonwood trees are starting to come out.  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hugs to everyone!!

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 12:45:41 pm »

Nice to see you posting, Terry!  I'm glad you were safe from weather issues.
I hope things will calm down soon for you.  I laughed at your comment about
the Nanny show!   Our kids are ALWAYS our kids no matter how old they are.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 03:34:31 pm »

Terry - great to see you post.  Keeping busy is a good thing - keeps you out of trouble! LOL!
My sister in Northern CA didn't have any trouble with the tsunami either.  She is inland as well and not close to the ocean.  They've been having a lot of rain though.

Although it's still cool here, the air feels different and more like Spring is finally around the corner.  Still the possibility of snow, but at least it won't last long if it does grace us with it's presence. 

I've loved reading the Australian concert reviews and I'm thrilled with the warm reception that Alan & the Strayhorns have received from the fans 'down under'.  A great time was had by all.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 05:35:02 pm »

Terry, glad you are okay and checked in.
Good Grief Girl, when you children were small they were so close in age it was almost like you had triples.
I love Super Nanny. I always wonder if things go as smooth after she leaves.

I am glad A. J. went down under too, but, I would certainly love to see him in concert this year. Just keeping my fingers crossed he will have one not too far from me.
If he goes down under again, some of us will have to make that long trip too. lol

"Gone Country"  From KY
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »

Good evening, AJ Friends. It is warm here- up in the 70's today. I'm doing well.

BHR- hope you made it home safely- time to rest.

JeanB- glad you're getting to ride your bike now. Japan was the most prepared nation for earthquakes but this one was too strong even for them.

Jeri- hope it's warmer for you now that it is for us.

Anita- hope you get a good report from yout tests. I also like Miranda's Revolution Album- every song is good.

Gwen- The situation in Japan is tragic- now over 10,000 lost thier lives. Glad you have a date now for the 2nd surgery.

Sue- glad you're getting a break at an opportune time. Get some rest.

Elaine- glad your snow is melting. It does seem like world disasters are increasing.

Terry- Thanks for checking in with us. Glad you were far away from the tsunami.

Dot- also keeping my fingers crossed for an Atlanta concert. Don't know if we will get one- Alan has such a busy touring schedule already but one can hope.

Kathy- agree with you. It is wonderful that Alan got such a great reception in Australia.

Hello to Jinx, Jean-AZ, Sherry & all the rest of Alan's wonderful fans.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 07:35:50 pm »

Good evening, AJ Friends. It is warm here- up in the 70's today. I'm doing well.

BHR- hope you made it home safely- time to rest.

Harriet, thanks for thinking about me. We got back home safe and sound early last evening and hubby went back to work today. Had my rest but it takes me couple of days to fully recover from a long travel lately. Hubby's conference went well and we had a good visit with his parents and two of his siblings and their family. Lots more to tell. . .be emailing you. Take care and thanks again.

Anita, glad to hear your mammogram test went well. Praying for a good result on your stress test.

Sue, hope you're feeling better. Fainting spells could mean a lot of things. Better be on the safe side and consult with your doctor about it. Prayers for you too.

Sharon, continued thoughts and prayers you and your family.

Terry, good to see you posting. Glad to hear you and your family live far from the coasts of CA that were affected by the tsunami.

Take care everyone.

BHR

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2011, 01:36:44 pm »

HI FRIENDS, TIME TO TRY TO "CATCH UP" WITH ALL OF YOU!  I DO HOPE THAT SPRING IS SPRINGING WHEREVER YOU ALL ARE.  I CHECK THE PAPER EVERY DAY FOR MY BELOVED HOMETOWN, MINNEAPOLIS, DENVER WHERE TWO OF MY GIRLS LIVE, AND RAPID CITY IN SD, CLOSEST I CAN GET TO THE AREA WHERE THE RANCH IS, AND L.A. WHERE DOUG IS.  ITS NOT EVEN VERY ACCURATE, I GUESS!  THE HORROR IN JAPAN BLOTS IT ALL OUT, DOESN'T IT.  I SO ADMIRE THE WAY THE CITIZENS THERE ARE HANDLING IT, LONG LINES FOR THE BARE ESSENTIALS, BUT ORDERLY AND PATIENT.  I WONDER IF WE WOULD DO AS WELL, I LIKE TO THINK SO.  I TRUST WE WILL BE, AS WE USUALLY ARE, FAST AND FIRST WITH ALL THE AID THEY NEED.  THE NUCLEAR THING IS VERY SCAREY, NO MATTER HOW CLEVER WE GET, MOTHER NATURE HAS A WAY OF REMINDING US JUST WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL.  IF ANYTHING GOOD CAN BE SAID TO COME OF IT, AT LEAST IT WIPED CHARLIE SHEEN OFF THE NEWS FOR A WHILE.

ON A HAPPIER NOTE, I SIGNED UP YESTERDAY FOR THE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PACKAGE ON TV, SO I CAN BEGIN WATCHING MY MINNESOTA TWINS AS SOON AS OPENING DAY.  IT WON'T BE LONG NOW AND WE'LL HEAR THE SOUND OF BATS, BALLS, AND CHEERING.  HOPE TO GET UP TO MPLS AGAIN THIS SUMMER WITH MY BOYS AND GRANDBOYS TO SEE A COUPLE OF GAMES.  WE ALWAYS HAVE SUCH A BALL.

SAY, DID YOU KNOW I HAVE AN INVITATION TO THE ROYAL WEDDING??? MY NIECE LAURIE IN DOOR COUNTY CALLED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SUGGESTED I COME FOR IT...WE WILL GET UP AT 4AM, TAKE IN ALL THE FESTIVITIES, NAP LATER, (HER CONCESSION TO MY ALMOST-80-YEARS) AND GO TO AND ENGLISH INN FOR DINNER!!  NOW IS THAT A DEAL OR WHAT??  I AM BRINGING WHITE GLOVES, PEARLS, AND A TIARA (TOYS R US)  FOR MY OFFICIAL PICTURE....IN MY BATHROBE, HOWEVER, GETTING ALL DRESSED UP AT 4AM???  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.   I AM PRACTICING MY "ROYAL WAVE".  SHOULD BE GOOD FOR A GIGGLE OR TWO!

HOPE IT REMAINS WARM AND SUNNY WHERE EACH AND ALL OF YOU ARE, STILL NOT QUITE MORNING COFFEE ON THE PATIO WEATHER HERE, BUT SOON, MORNINGS STILL A BIT NIPPY, OR MAYBE ITS JUST MY "OLD BONES".

BE WELL AND HAPPY!

jean/az allALANalways
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »

Hi everyone , Terry and Dot and anyone , I think we should all get gether and go if Alan goes back to Austriiale.Sound like they had a great time .
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2011, 07:16:32 am »

Good Morning Y'all,
Thought I would say hi before I got started with my day.  I have Meals on Wheels this a.m., and I'm gonna drop the flash drive by the CPA's for our corporate taxes.  We had him give us an extension. 
We had rain yesterday, supposed to be warmer today and 82 deg. by Saturday.  Love it!
We've got a trip to Nashville the end of the month.  On our new Southwest Airlines flying out of GSP!  I gave Jerry the tickets for Christmas and at first he thought I was taking him to see a concert, then when he realized I just bought them for us to go and visit family, he began making family reunion plans.  If all goes well, we will have a great time.  We are planning on staying in Franklin.  (I didn't tell him that AJ lived there!  LOL).  I hope to have a meal at Dotson's, go to the Factory and make a trip down to Leiper's Fork. 
Also have a week planned at Myrtle in April.  I have a group of ladies from church that I have invited and I think we will have a great time.  The unit sleeps 12 and I've invited 10.  Enough beds for everyone, that's the kind of slumber party I prefer.  We are all coming in at different times, my friend Linda and I are planning on staying the whole time, but some of the others are only staying a day or two.
March Madness began last night and Clemson is still in the dance. 
Jean/AZ enjoy your baseball package. 
I went to see Grant participate in the Academic challenge in Lockhart last Friday and his team won.  Boy those are some smart 5th graders. 
Betty, include me in on the next trip down under.  I'll have to really save my money for that trip and reapply for my passport.  But would love to go.
Prayers for the country of Japan. 
Don't watch the "Nanny".  I'm a Biggest Loser fan.  Did hear this morning that the Bachelor's pick is from Charlotte, NC. 
Y'all have a wonderful Wednesday.  Thank all of you for your good thoughts for us and please continue to pray for us.  Jerry has had to take over the company, so that part of our life has changed also.  We need wisdom in the weeks and months ahead. 
Love y'all. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »

Terry Thank GOD you are ok.. Jean/Az so nice to see you posting again.. I hope you are fine, you sound Great!
Sharon, it's strange that you are going with your Church group, after my Sister & Brother in law lost theirs, they went on a Church retreat for Couples. It did them a world of good. You seem to have a great outlook and going on with Plans is very good to hear, that will be great for you! That Family reunion is going to be Great for you All.

Hugs to You Sharon and My husband and I will still keep you & yours in our prayers.
Enjoy Nashville too! We did all of the places you mentioned and enjoyed it so. Also maybe you could add on "The Palms" You must have reservations, but it's great & it's by the Bridgestone Arena and walking distance to other places like the Ryman etc.. Try and Enjoy!
God Bless, Jerrie
PS-Take care Everyone. I must call my sister, her cancer results from tests, she was upset about..Sue say Prayers..

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

The snow is nearly gne.Only piles where the
plows piled the snow are left. It is sunny
again today.I am so excited for Kelsey.She got
a scholarship for volleyball in Edmonton. I
will miss her as that is a 11 hr drive from here.
The coach is flying her there when she gets back
from her trip to Cuba.He said the girls were excited to
meet her and will show her around the campus.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »

The snow is nearly gne.Only piles where the
plows piled the snow are left. It is sunny
again today.I am so excited for Kelsey.She got
a scholarship for volleyball in Edmonton. I
will miss her as that is a 11 hr drive from here.
The coach is flying her there when she gets back
from her trip to Cuba.He said the girls were excited to
meet her and will show her around the campus.
Elaine

Elaine,
So excited for your "Kelsey"! It's wonderful that she got a scholarship! I know you will miss her, my grands do not come over as much as when younger, too busy w/their studies & sleep overs @ friends. I want to tell you so much about them
but promised their Mom I would not..I am so proud of them being  Honor Students! I played volleyball in school but was
not good enough to take it further. I know you are so proud. Nashville where my son lives is about 12-14 hrs from here &
we are tired when we get there. Now we stop half way w/hubby not as well. I have been freezing all day today, I have a cold though, but it gets in the 40's at night, but that is warmer than it has been..I think of you w/snow!Take care!

I hope all of you AJ Fans are fine. It's been Great reading about Alan and his trip "Down Under" Betty I would go with you
 and other AJ Fans in a NY minute to OZ, but with my ear problem & past surgery, I can't fly.I have to wear a certain ear
plug to go to Alan's Concerts, if he only knew how wonderful it was for me to be there! I have gone to some Concerts and had to leave, they let us sit in back until it was over..I took the plug out when I met Alan, I wanted to hear EVERYTHING said.In Jr HS, they told me I might be deaf later.. but with two new surgerys, I am good, Thank God! All of you Take care
and I'm still praying for the people in Japan and our world. God Blessings to all of You, Jerrie-MS

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: