Alan Jackson
September 27, 2024, 05:42:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 73210 times)
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:54:10 pm »

Dee - a long legged Country Joey - that is too funny, I can just picture you trying to get past security!!!  You and Nan have fun - she was so excited about the trip last fall when I saw her.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »

Good idea Dee, but how could I help you smuggling Alan out??? LOL
Especially with those long legs, I'd be caught by the Border Security long before I even pass the customs..

Thanks JeanB, I arrived safely yesterday here in Sydney, after a 21 hr long flight..huh
enjoy the cycling race, I'll sure bring Alan back to our low countries..LOL

Hi to all, better take my breakfast before I go explore Sydney!!
Dee, enjoy Nan and say hi to her from me.. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:13:55 pm by kimberly » Logged

AJ IS THE BEST
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 12:54:34 am »

Dee.......how about telling them he is your (Idon't know how to spell it) DIGERIDO dressed as Alan for early Halloween?  Those things are l o n g aren't they? LOL

Gwen
Dee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 01:00:14 am »

Good one Gwen!  I could TRY it.
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

Can anyone tell me which of the 37 songs on the CD of Alan's 34 Number One Hits are NOT #1's.  I was trying to
do that word search and don't know which songs to eliminate.  That is sure hard.  But I need to end up with 34,
and not 37 and don't know which 3 to eliminate if I ever get it done.

HELP!!
Alanfan

The answer is As She's Walking Away (which is a #1 now) Look at Me and Ring of Fire.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »

Kimberly glad you had a good flight there.
Enjoy touring and the concert.
All of you lucky ones to see Alan down under
have a great time.
Went to Kelsey's grad fashion show last night.
They really did a great job.Had fun watching it.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »

All going to the Australian concerts - ENJOY!!!   Reviews please when you can!
Hope Alan & Denise get a little sight-seeing in while they are there.

We are having typical Spring weather - temps going up & down, sunshine one day, rain the next.  That's fine with me as long as it ends up with some beautiful flowers & beautiful weather.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

All of you going have a blast in Australia.

Working on the word search for 34 #1's. It's not easy.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 10:27:37 pm »

AlanFan

I think you are right..I found this on amazon

It's Plus 3 songs never on any Alan Jackson CD:
"As She's Walking Away," with Zac Brown Band featuring Alan Jackson
"Look at Me" (previously available on the 2008 soundtrack to Billy: The Early Years)
Alan's Never-before-released take on the classic Johnny Cash hit, "Ring of Fire"

(He must have added these as a special, as the one I won from Nashville Country Club had these on it)

...(I guess this CD was his last hits with Arista too..)

I loved "I'll Go On Loving You", "Blue Bloodied Woman", "A Woman's Love".Some of my favorites are on the cracker Barrel CD
also, "Rainy Day In June", For a Love Song, I still love "Like Red On A Rose" as Alan did that Song the night I got to meet him, so it will always be special to me. It also reminds me of "The White Rose" Poem, by ..John Boyle O'Reilly.. I also liked "Monday Morning Church", Alan's voice sounded so great in this one, but it didn't get much airplay here.
Going home to MS to see my mom , the last ten years, I have to say Alabama plays much more of Alan Jackson Music on Radio, than most states . His older and newer Songs..we stopped at Cullman .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:18:36 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:00:21 am »

Dee, I think you are right about the three songs that are not #1's for Alan.
I don't blame you for holding on to Alan as long as you can.  Enjoy him while you can.
Kimberly and everyone else who travelled to Australia to see Alan have a great time.
AnitaMartina

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

suem

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 09:39:44 pm »

Hi all AJ fans,

Dee, good to see you posting here!  Nan should be there now.  Hope you two don't get into too much trouble.  Have a great time together.
On facebook, Storme Warren says he's in Australia....not sure if it's vacation or if he's following the country concerts down there. 
Wish I was there, seeing the sights with Alan and Denise.
Oh what a week.  Spent most of it at home because of the flu.  Went back to work Friday....Lasted at work ten minutes and I fainted causing a big commotion.  Fortunate it happened this week as in a week we'll be in Fort Lauderdale for a week.
Have to work on the invitations for my mom's 80th birthday.  They are returning from Arizona two days before the party.
Sue

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 12:36:32 am »

Hi all AJ fans,

Dee, good to see you posting here!  Nan should be there now.  Hope you two don't get into too much trouble.  Have a great time together.
On facebook, Storme Warren says he's in Australia....not sure if it's vacation or if he's following the country concerts down there. 
Wish I was there, seeing the sights with Alan and Denise.
Oh what a week.  Spent most of it at home because of the flu.  Went back to work Friday....Lasted at work ten minutes and I fainted causing a big commotion.  Fortunate it happened this week as in a week we'll be in Fort Lauderdale for a week.
Have to work on the invitations for my mom's 80th birthday.  They are returning from Arizona two days before the party.
Sue

Sue the girls seem to be having a blast w/ our  Alan.lol Denise must stay backstage. I hope they enjoy Australia! The Fans here Love our Guy LOL Bring him HOME here Dee LOL You are way funny! I needed a laugh, thanks!

Sue, sorry you fainted. I hope you are ok now.That flu must have been rough for you. take care and get well. You have so much on your plate now w/the wedding and your Mom's day. Be sure and Take care of You hon!

My sis stopped by and spent the night with us, she's having her six month check..we had a great time but I can't handle sitting up late and was sick today. She is older than me and she was up til 2 am and bed made at 7 am & gone LOL.

Take care Sue. It would have been nice to be there to see Alan but w/my ear problem, never happen now..

Get some rest Sue and get well soon! My wishes for your Mom to have a great Birthday! I still miss mine and had she lived a while longer, she would have been 91.Enjoy your Mom's Day! Take time for YOU! Rest Up, Hugs, Jerrie-MS & Florida

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »

Sue hope your feeling ok now.Enjoy giving
your mom a birthday party.
Jeri nice you had a visit with your sister.
Jess is playing volley ball this weekend.
Will find out later how she did. Kelsey has the
weekend off. Nrxt weekend they go to the
coast. Having a beautiful sunny day.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 11:16:33 am »

Rainy Wednesday today in the South.  Storms coming our way.  I'm sure you've already gotten them Harriet.

I have so much to do, and I'm still in front of the computer....Oh well.

Hope you're feeling better Sue.  Enjoy your time in Ft. Lauderdale.   Wish I could go down with you.  I have family there.  You do too, right?  We'll have to plan on going down sometime when AJ is playing at the Hard Rock! 

Dee and you other Aussie fans, so glad you're enjoying the concerts. 

Just wanted to give y'all a shout out.  We're hanging in here in SC!  Keep lifting us up in prayers.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 02:07:26 pm »

Sharon keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Got up to snow this morning.Only snowed enough
to make the ground white. I sure can't wait for
spring to come.Teresa Jay and the girls are going
to Cuba for the spring break.
Elaine

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: