Alan Jackson
September 27, 2024, 05:49:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 73217 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2011, 01:49:49 pm »

Jeri George had to put a ear plug in at concerts.
If he didn't it would be so painful.When he had
chemo he lost the hearing in that ear.
Having a sunny day and it is in the 60 this morning.
Georgie has started spending more time outside.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2011, 03:33:35 pm »

Jeri George had to put a ear plug in at concerts.
If he didn't it would be so painful.When he had
chemo he lost the hearing in that ear.
Having a sunny day and it is in the 60 this morning.
Georgie has started spending more time outside.
Elaine

Elaine,
Thanks for responding.That is sad when they lose their hearing. My mom lived to be 91 and she lost her hearing at the last
but we wrote messages to her on a chalk board mostly I Love you Mother.Also to ask her if she was in pain or hungry.
 She never lost her faculties, up until the end almost..She smiled @me when we entered the room and died with me
Holding her in my arms.I went to Alan's Meet and Greet while we were Home, for her being ill. It was so healing for me.
Yes, My ear could not take the Loud Concerts but with the plug, I once sat on from row at the Opry and  for my Meet and Greet we sat on row -3. I removed it as I wanted to hear EVERTHING Alan said.. It was clear and not visable anyway.

Elaine the 60's sound better..Our high today is only 70. My Sister is freezing in MS and her report was not good, sorry to say. She will find out more later this week if the cancer has returned. It was only located in her area it was before. B----T.
Say a Prayer for her and we will go when she has to have radiation again and /or Chemo..
Sharon you & yours are still in our Prayers..Sharon we all need the Nanny for advice, even after they leave home LOL I
think my children will like the book "Love You Forever" says, "They will always be my baby." My own Mother said that to me once and I never forgot it. I was the youngest. You meantioned "The Bachelor" on TV, I can't for the life of me , watch that show. It seems to demean  Marriage , that I feel is sacred. "It is not to be entered into lightly" and I took this literally.
I watch little TV unless it's Country shows or Alan is on and the News only twice daily. I do read a lot , it is relaxing.

BHR, glad you got home safe and sound, I thought of you too.

Jean/az, I just now noted your saying"DID YOU KNOW I HAVE AN INVITATION TO THE ROYAL WEDDING??? MY NIECE LAURIE IN DOOR COUNTY CALLED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SUGGESTED I COME FOR IT...WE WILL GET UP AT 4AM, TAKE IN ALL THE FESTIVITIES, NAP LATER, (HER CONCESSION TO MY ALMOST-80-YEARS) AND GO TO AND ENGLISH INN FOR DINNER!!  NOW IS THAT A DEAL OR WHAT??  I AM BRINGING WHITE GLOVES, PEARLS, AND A TIARA (TOYS R US)  FOR MY OFFICIAL PICTURE....IN MY BATHROBE, HOWEVER, GETTING ALL DRESSED UP AT 4AM???  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.   I AM PRACTICING MY "ROYAL WAVE".  SHOULD BE GOOD FOR A GIGGLE OR TWO! " Did you mean this, or has your neice got
connectionsLOL. I can just see you at the English Inn, in a white Bathrobe with long white Gloves and pearls,and Tiara, doing that "Royal wave" LOL . You must have been an excellent Mother and Auntie, your children & Family are so good to you . I have to admit, Our children have been wonderful to us too! Mostly by not giving us problems when younger.LOL
Take care all you AJ Fans , Think of you always.Stay well all of you and those who need prayers, you are always included in Ours here. Terry had  25, 27 , 28. Hey she skipped a year!(26) Perhaps going to Alan's Concerts LOL Sue enjoy your trip!
Everyone reading this, I am so glad Alan is back safely,But so Happy Australia got to see him!
 Take care, Jerrie-MS
PS- Jean/az Post a photo of your famous wave & outfit LOL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 07:25:02 pm »

Good evening, Friends. The past 2 days have been up to 82 degrees, now that's a litlle too warm for me- like it in the 60's & 70's. Just to let all of you know I have completed my implant process a year after it started & am pleased to have all new upper teeth. Am gaining in strength & doing some exercising.

Elaine- Know you are so proud of Kelsey & you will miss her too. Hope you are having a wonderful birthday. I tried to send you an e-card but it won't go-says your mailbox is over the limit. I will try again later.

Jeri- Continued prayers for your sister. Hope it is warmer for you there. I'm also glad Alan is back safely.

Jean-AZ-The countdown is on.11 days til my Braves open the season in Washington. Glad you got the MLB Package.

Sharon-Know you have enjoyed the warm weather. Enjoy Nashville & Myrtle Beach. Love both places. Continued prayers for you & The Japanese people.

Hello to all you other Alan Fans & Love to All. I think Spring has sprung.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:55 pm »

Hi all AJ fans:

Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of spring and had an opportunity to see the bright and huge moon last night.
Jeri, sorry to hear your sister is not doing well.  Will continue to pray for her.
Spring break is over and back to reality and the very cool weather.  Last trimester of school is left!
We had a wonderful time in Fort Lauderdale and it was hard to leave at 6AM this morning!  Shopped for bridemaid dresses--Jana's having eight bridemaids----one is from New Mexico, two from Texas, two from Minnesota, one from Colorado, one from Kentucky, and one from Florida.  Four of them are girls from her college volleyball team.  Such a fun group of young women.  Jana's dress is beautiful...will share pictures after the wedding.  I bought her veil.  We ordered the invitations and linens for the reception.  Very fun.   Thrilled I got to share in her wedding plans.
Bill and I hit the beach everyday.  The weather was 80 degrees everyday and sunny.  Ideal!
The engagement party was very lovely and elegant.  Our oldest daughter came down for a few days and was able to attend it.  She was having a great time. 
Well I should visit the sandman as morning comes early and back to the routine.
Hope all is well.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 12:55:01 am »

Sue,
Thanks to you, we saw the beautiful moon!! Lovely!

Thanks for the prayers for my sister. She will need them. She went w/us to see Alan for my M&G right after having radiation, and now sorry to say, it's back.I am so concerned and have been online a lot due to getting this off my mind.

Harriet also thanks..and don't bite anyone now lol. It's been a long haul for you & I'm so proud for this & you are getting stronger Yea! Now you might get a chance to see Alan this year.My hubby just told me he has to have a cap too. one,,,

Sue sounds like you had a great time In Ft Lauderdale! It was no fun for me, my back went out later( never had a back problem before) ha! wedding plans sound wonderful & eight Bridesmaids wow! we offered to buy our Bridesmaids dresses
so we cut down the number. Your daughter is off to a great start, she is beautiful! My daughter's was a size 6 and she kept it in case her daughter might wear it someday. They are tall & already wear a bigger Size as Teens lol. Her wedding was victorian with all the same color, an Ilissa. The color was in the flowers they carried.all the things you have to do, but the Grooms parents usually does the rehearsal dinner, so that helps. Considering you have to do the reception and the
wedding w/planner. Her Bridesmaid had her Bridesmaid luncheon in her home. The reception was in the Country Club..
She married in her Church w/an Interfaith ceremony.. His priest was there for his part and her pastor for his.Flowere were
all Beautiful. Part of a symphony group did the music( as her organ was struck by lightning earlier)It was great!Her Jr
Bridesmaids was my sister's grand daughter, so cute & little & the grooms little neice.She is the one almost to graduate to be a nurse and had a inoperable brain growth and later radiation that took six hours to do. her head was held and she could not move..she is doing ok but doubtful she will ever be able to be a nurse.

You were speaking of buying the veil, we did that too. Her train was so long with a  button dress back, they advised a tiara veil with babypearls around the veil.It was beautiful and the cheapest thing bought, except the ring pillow maybe lol
She looked beautiful, but as they drove away, my heart broke. I thought things will never be the same exactly, but as Mom said, "you maintain that relationship with a daughter, if you do not give advice without having been asked" and that is so true! we are so close and hug and kiss each time she visits us. she is a daddy girl and I love that! My relationship w/Dad was more formal w/respect in the old days. I often wish we had talked more but that era, men didn't seem to share anything much. I thought maybe i was adopted for years lol
Sounds like you had fun in that warm weather! It is just now starting here.I know you needed a break and wished it could last longer. Oh Yes Sue! don't forget the attandants gifts, we almost did. we only gave the Bridesmaids a small gift as we
bought the dresses, they could wear later. The guys gifts are easier.Sounds like you are off to a great start..we payed ours all along, as we bought the dresses etc but when the bill came for the Country club food and champagne fountain, punch etc and FOOD, I nearly fainted lol. The beautiful cake was so good, the real Roses around it , we should have eaten them too, they were imported roses lol. One advice i can give you, it's so irritating but have a little talk w/the photographer before, and have him make himself/herself more discreet & stay in the bckgrnd more.The album was beautiful but Artistic and to me it would have been more appro,being Victorian to be not so artsy ha!
I hope you get rested before going back to work..Nice vacation sounds like, however..I know you are good at what you do, you are so kind.Oh yes! The reason for my back problem was shaking 200 people's hands. I have more respect for politicians now lol..or Alan when he has to do this..
Take care everyone, I've stayed up long enough, I can't sleep from thinking of my sister.. Not to worry, she has much Faith and so do I..Sharon you are still in my thoughts and prayers and Tammy if you're reading this , you too.
Take care Everyone and I want to see Alan , now that he is back! Nelle I hope you enjoy your Concert & do fine..
God Bless, Jerrie

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:38:09 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 11:55:27 am »

Hope your all having nice spring weather.
Our snow is finally gone and it is nice
and sunny.Kelsey is going to have to make up
her mind on which school she will go
to.She has offers from two schools each
offering scholarships.Glad it is not me who
has to decide.
Elaine

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 01:02:19 pm »

Jeri my prayers go out to your sister and your family.
That is so hard on all the family.
Sue spring break started this week and they are off
until April 3.
Cloudy this morning.So far no rain.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »

Jerrie, So sorry about your sister; Say prayers for her.

Elaine, hope Kelsey make the right choice. Congrats.

What's hapening in the world? Earthquake with nuclear disaster in Japan, and war in the Arabian part of the world !
I hope it turn to better.

We have still beautiful spring weather. I've been working all week in the garden . I love spring, for me it's the beautifulest season of the year. All those fresh green hues and nice flowers.
I started allso a genealogical three of my family. That take a lot of recherche but it is very interesting.

Well wishes to those who need and have a GOOD TIME everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »

Good Afternoon,
I have potatoes baking and I'm gonna fix steak tonight for Jerry & I.

Thank y'all for your continued prayers.  I think I'm doing pretty good, then WHAM, the grief hits me by surprise.  Each morning we wake up with unbelief. My first waking thought is of my son, Jimmy.  I hope it gets better with time.  My poor daughter calls and I know she doesn't need to hear it, but we both end up in tears.  I am functioning, but my heart isn't in it.  Does that make sense? 

Jeri, your sister and family are in my prayers. 

Elaine, let us know if Kelsey decides to go to another university.  What a dilemma, which college to choose.  Glad she does have that choice.  Nicole declared her major, business.  I think her dad had something to do with that choice.

We had 84 deg. weather today and it was great.  Supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow.  The warm weather does not bother me in the least.  I'm still in long sleeves.  I didn't get to see the moon Saturday night as it was cloudy.  We had storms and tornado warnings.  None hit close to us, but one did hit about 50 miles away.

Jerry will be home soon, hope each of you has a very nice evening. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:28 pm »

Sharon,

I am so sorry for you going through this. I know this will not help you, but there are many stages of grief, so my sister said "and go through it all and you will feel some peace later". My Sister lost her son Jeffry after seminary , he was preparing to be a Lutheran minister. he made the highest grade in  his class -Greek. He wrote a Hymn at his Church and they put the music to it and now it's in their Hymn book. She and her husband both said Involving yourself with relatives and friends will help and they took grief classes, at their Church..They still miss him and each time they go to Memphis Memorial Gardens, they put flowers on his grave..Remember anger is a part of grief too. Sis said someday we will understand why Jeffry died, but we loved him too. He was here for my daughter's wedding and died soon after..He had a seizure after brain surgery.. Now, she and her husband go out to eat on his birthday and make sure they never forget him. remember the happy times,,, they seem to calm. my prayers continue for you and Yours. I know you have deep Faith, as I do..so this will help.
God Bless, Hugs, Jerrie and my Husband Jerry too.. PS- My husband remembered your going to the stage w/me at the Concert.I towered over you Sharon,so tall, but you got me up there! So you have much strength, Keep The Faith!
Thanks for all the prayers offered.
[/size][/i]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:00:24 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »

Sharon I am so glad you have your faith to help you
through the pain. I found you never get over it you
just learn to cope and live with it better.I keep you
in my prayers.
Having a wonderful sunny spring day.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 02:04:30 pm »

Hello, Friends. Things are going well for me. I am almost back to normal.

Sharon- Still praying for you & your family. You will eventually work through your grief & things will get better with the passage of time. It sounds like what I went through after my father died in 2002. Believe me I understand.

Elaine- Your weather sounds gorgeous. I know you will miss Teresa & her family while they are gone.

Jeri- Still praying for your sisiter.

Sue- Sounds like fun planning the wedding.

JeanB- Glad you enjoy working in the garden. So does my hubby.

I am so pleased that Alan has found a record label- Capitol/ EMI. I hope he releases some music soon.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »

Lots of cold, rainy weather but no snow, yet.  Lots of snow just to the north of us, but missed us this time.  Still calling for snow at the end of the week.
Trying to get things together for my trip to California to visit my sister.  I start making lists and setting things out early - one thing I'm organized about.   But really if I have my medicine & my money (& ID of course), I can buy anything else when I get there.

So glad to read about Alan's new record deal.  New music soon!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »

Harriet so glad things are finally getting
back to normal for you.It was a long haul
for you.
Kathy enjoy your trip to your sisters.Should
be nice weather there .
It is cloudy and only in the 40 today.I don't
time my shopping very good when it comes
weather (LOL)
Elaine

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2011, 01:48:51 am »

Hello everyone,

Sharon - I am sorry you are having lots of difficulty,  This is very normal and will take a long time so do what you need to do to get thru it.  You are still grieving my dear.

Jerrie - I am so sorry about your sister....sending prayers your way.

I had my second part of my eye surgury done yesterday.  Everything went well.  Thank goodness.

We lost a family friend this week.  Heart attack-50 years old.  It makes you wonder you just never know.  very very sad.  That is around my age so when I snuggle with my hubby at night, I hope he wakes up the next day.....I know silly I am.

We got lots of snow and wind here on Wed.  Winter all over again in Ontario.

Hope you are staying warm and safe.

Gwen
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: