Alan Jackson
June 26, 2024, 02:22:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 70829 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends.It has been raining heavily all day with loud thunder. One thunderclap was so long & loud it shook the house & hubby thought we were having an earthquake.
I'm doing well & feeling almost back to normal. Actually started doing some aerobic exercise this week in addition to the shoulder rehab which continues.

Sharon- Yes, these storms are headed East & we had them most of the day & kept the computer off. They've stopped for now. Will comntinue to lift you & your family up in prayer.

Sue, I'm so sorry you fainted at work. Maybe you needed more rest before going back.

Elaine- Glad your snow was light. I really believe Spring is on the way with all this unstable weather.

Jeri- I can't sit up til 2 AM either. I consider myself a night person but go to bed between 11 PM & 1 AM. Like to watch some of the late night talk shows if they have good guests. I know you enjoyed being with your sister.

Hello to Dee, Kimberly, Anita, Alanfan, Gwen, Sherry & Jinx. Love to All.

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

Hello HariAJfan & everyone else.  We are getting a huge snowstorm right now.  This is suppose to go on until later tonight and then change to rain.  Then the next couple of days we are suppose to get rain.  What is it with this weather?  I am tired of it.  Hope this is the last of it.

Boy I wish I could get on here more because I am so far behind in all the news.  I hope all is well. I see from HariAJfan, that Sue you have fainted.  I hope all is okay.  I have to consider myself lucky until now that my health has been great.  But two weeks ago, early Monday morning I asked my husband to take me to hospital emergency.  I had such unbearable pain in my chest.  They did blood work, chest xray and other tests, (not sure of all the terminology).  But all the tests came back okay.  I wasn't having a heart  attack they told me.  Then a few days later they wanted me to do a stress test.  I went and did that and my doctor got the results on Monday and called me to come in. He wasn't happy with the results.  It was borderline, so he is sending me on another test next week (Exercise M1B1)-it is a procedure where they put radiation in your body and then you have to exercise.  It takes about 6 hours total.  I think it is all stress related to do with my new job. Tomorrow, I am going for my yearly mammogram.  Boy sometimes getting older is not all that fun.

It sounds like the concerts in Australia are going well.  I hope they are all going to have fun.

We got to babysit my grandson on the weekend.  We had a lot of fun with him.  He is so adorable.  I can't believe that he will be  3 months next week.  The changes that you see in him week by week.  He is so alert and smiles alot.

Take care all and talk to you soon.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 01:48:59 pm »

Harriet sorry to see your were having storms.
Hope the weather is good today.
Anita I pray all your tests will go well.You are
so right.The older we get the more things go
wrong with our health.
It is sunny today.Snow is nearly gone. Now the
fun begins with Georgie. I have to clean his feet
every time he goes outside.Its that or washing
floors(LOL)
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »

Harriet,

Last night we had the same thing happened here. It had rained some but all of the sudden it thundered and shook the house.several times too. If this had lasted long, I would have been afraid.. I shut our airconditioner off( just in case)
Our house is brick but it sounded so loud! Now it's cooler and no more storms I hope.. Geeze MS is having storms there. we had planned to go there, and right where we go through Alabama , it was hit by a tornado. i'm staying here a while ha!

Elaine, you will have to put little boots on Georgie lol My sister was talking about her daughter's huge cat, it is a purebreed and huge..it has these beautiful green eyes. Sis wont allow animals in her house now , allergy.

Anita,
Sorry you are not feeling well.. I am glad they did a followup on your tests. My husband they did also & that last one is to see if any artries are blocked etc.. His was fine..But later they ran another and it was still fine..I hope yours turns out well too!
When My husband had bad chest pain, they tested him and it was his pancreas, the inflamation. They are still checking on changes in it etc..Keep up on the testing , it is best to be sure.. You may have to get a less stressful Job ,if possible.
That is the only thing bad about getting older is right. We enjoy our lives but things seem to pop up faster..
Take care now, I have to go for my yearly also..Hubby has to go all the time it seems. Feel better soon, Jeri
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:29:58 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 08:43:07 pm »

Just a comment here. We have a vent section in the Atlanta Newspaper & one person wrote "Retirement consists of an endless succession of doctor's visits".lol In my case you can throw in dental visits too. Anita, I hope your tests turn out OK & glad you are having them.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 12:53:27 pm »

It's a beautiful sunny day - hurray for the sun!  It should finally take care of those last little piles of snow we still have.

The pictures & videos from Japan are just mind-boggling.   My prayers & thoughts are with all those affected.  Hard to believe that they are concerned about a Tsunami on the US West Coast.   

Sue, sorry to hear of your fainting.  Take care of yourself - get better.
Anita, be careful with that stress - glad you took yourself to the hospital right away.  Nothing to fool around with.  Hugs.
Harriet, glad to hear you are getting along better.  You deserve a break from all things medical!

Hi to everyone reading!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 01:50:34 pm »

After an earthquake measuring 8.9 on the Richter Scale Japan is in the throes of a horrible situation with devastating events & large loss of life. Prayers going up for the Japanese people. I don't remember hearing about an earthquake of this magnitude in my lifetime.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:59 pm »

After an earthquake measuring 8.9 on the Richter Scale Japan is in the throes of a horrible situation with devastating events & large loss of life. Prayers going up for the Japanese people. I don't remember hearing about an earthquake of this magnitude in my lifetime.
Harriet,
I think this is the biggest ever in Japan. I am so sorry for the Japanese people and I shall pray for them also. The devastation really is horrible.We will have to help with cleanups, many of our Military are over there,but they are safe. I am concerned about the nuclear leak possibility and pray that they can control that. our ships are going there w/coolant and the Japanese are very good at dealing with this, but thus far the coolant is not working. WE need prayers for that for sure, if you remember Chernobyl...
Then CA is on the list for a possible Tsunami...also a ring around Australia, I hope and pray All will be safe there & CA.
I hope Terry lives further Inland and any of our friends wont be affected.
LOrdy, I bet Alan will fly out, if there is a warning. I hope he took his Jet..Prayers for all..
We need some good News, It seems to be a too long period of nothing but bad News. I Pray this changes soon.

Take Care, Jeri
PS- Has anyone noted Jean/az posting recently I hope she is ok.. miss her great posts..Nelle, I hope you are ok too & Everyone!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:32:53 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

My thoughts and prayers are also with the people of Japan who suffered the devastation, injuries and deaths from today's horrific tsunami and earthquake. About 19 provinces in the Philippines were affected by the tsunami waves and people were put on alert for evacuation. Some of those were my close family relatives. They're all doing ok and will report to those of us who are already here in US any changes. Meanwhle, I also have close relatives in San Francisco, one in particular who lives near the coast. No word yet how he and his family are doing. I would guess they're probably doing ok too. We also know people in Guam, another country affected by the tsunami, as well as Hawaii that gives us a little bit of concern, but again I'm guessing that they're all fine too.

I thought about Alan also being in Brisbane, a coastal city/town in Australia. Prayers for his and his crew's safety as well as all of the people from all the countries /states affected by the tsunami.

We're on our last lag of our week travel visiting with hubby's parents and siblings. His parents turned the tv on this morning to the news of this devastating and horrific news. My mind went immediately to my family and relatives in the Philippines and then to our friends in Guam and Hawaii as I know all three places will also be greatly affected by this tsunami. We are, indeed, having strange weather happenings and catastophes lately. Scary!

Hello to everyone of you and have a nice weekend.

BHR

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 04:34:49 pm »

Harriet, What a horrible earthquake. I think that the one in Haiti was close to 8.9 too. Of course the houses in Haiti aren't build so strong as they are in Japan.
Jeri, I met Terry in the place she live and that's far away in the desert. So no danger for her.

Boy I wish I could get on here more because I am so far behind in all the news.  I hope all is well. I see from HariAJfan, that Sue you have fainted.  I hope all is okay.  I have to consider myself lucky until now that my health has been great.  But two weeks ago, early Monday morning I asked my husband to take me to hospital emergency.  I had such unbearable pain in my chest.  They did blood work, chest xray and other tests, (not sure of all the terminology).  But all the tests came back okay.  I wasn't having a heart  attack they told me.  Then a few days later they wanted me to do a stress test.  I went and did that and my doctor got the results on Monday and called me to come in. He wasn't happy with the results.  It was borderline, so he is sending me on another test next week (Exercise M1B1)-it is a procedure where they put radiation in your body and then you have to exercise.  It takes about 6 hours total.  I think it is all stress related to do with my new job. Tomorrow, I am going for my yearly mammogram.  Boy sometimes getting older is not all that fun.

Anita, i hope you doing well. Stress isn't good for the heart. I had a bad experience with it.  Take care and succes with the test.

Hello to everybody, still nice Spring weather in Belgium. Go ride my bicycle tomorrow.
This week i bought two albums. "Play On" from C Underwood and "Revolution" from M Lambert. I like them both. I didn't like Miranda before, but i've been nicely surprised whit this one ... fantastic!!! Carrie's too.
Hope Alan's new album come out soon. New album record company ... new album !

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:14 pm »

BHR, we're OK here in Brisbane and so Alan and his crew I guess, I just saw him performing last night..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:58:51 pm by kimberly » Logged

AJ IS THE BEST
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 08:00:18 pm »

I think Terry is a long ways from the west coast. I know the times I have gone from LA to Vega and call her on the way there or back she has told me where she lives. But I never did have time to stop by. Hey Terry check in and let us know what is going on, on the east coast.
I have another friend who used to live in Nashville and move to CA, hope she isn't close to the coast either.
Also, have a first cousin who lives in CA half of the year and MI the other half. I know the city he lives in but not sure how far from the coast it is.  
Really sad situation for all the people who got hit with the earth quake.

Sorry about all you people who aren't feeling well, maybe things will get better for you soon.
Let us know about the test when you hear the results.

Don't mention SNOW, we have had our share this year, starting in Dec and didn't let up until about two weeks ago.
Hopefully it is over for now.

I don't get on here very often but seems I'm posting a lot today.

"Gone Country"  From KY
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 08:56:32 pm »

BHR, we're OK here in Brisbane and so Alan and his crew I guess, I just saw him performing last night..

Thank you, Kimberly for letting us know.

I e-mailed my cousins who live 4 blocks from the coast in Washington State & they said it was a long night for them but the danger had passed & they were OK. I heard there were tsunami waves in California with 1 fatalty- a man was swept out to sea. We atched 2 evenng news broadcasts & it was really hard to watch.

BHR- I hope all yout family is OK.

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 03:12:14 am »

Hello everyone..........guess we are lucky with just snow, slush and cold and wind here in Ontario...........god love those poor people in Japan.  It is just horrific.  This world is getting worse.....with all the bad news.

I have a date for the second part of my eye surgury.  It is Wed. March 23.  I shouldn't worry too much as I have had it done but I don't like 18 drops in my eyes.  Nine in each......a big baby I know.

Anita...........keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.  You are too young, sweet and beautiful to be having stress problems.  I know.......take a vacation somewhere warm and sunny and also enjoy that beautiful grandson every
chance you get.

Guess Alan will be coming back home soon.  YIPPEE and I hope some of you get your fix sometime this year.

Everyone take care, stay warm and safe............best wishes to all my wonderfu AJ friends!

Gwen
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 09:26:13 am »

Hi everyone.  Thank you for all your kind words.  Went for my yearly mammogram on Thursday.   My exercise M1B1(some kind of stress test) is scheduled for Thursday, Mar. 17.  I will find out the results the following week when I go see my doctor.  Otherwise, I am feeling okay.  We will just have to see what the doctor says.  Jeri, you are right about finding a different job, but there is not much out there right now.  I do think about it, but I will have a good pension if I can work for another eight years where I am.  My husband says to give it a couple of years and if I still don't like it, we will have to see what to do.  He can retire in another month if he likes to.  He will have worked 30 years at GM in the skill trades.   But he is only 48 years old.  He would like to work until he is about 55 years old.  I just have to stop worrying about everything.  But that isn't always that easy.   

Gwen, good luck with your 2nd part of the surgery in the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully all will go well.

JeanB,  I got Miranda Lambert's CD Revolution for Christmas.  I like it too.  I remember when she was on Nashville Star, the first season. This was a show like American Idol, but it was all country music.  I thought she was awesome.  But she was 3rd place.  She should have won.  But it looks like her career went further than the winner, Buddy Jewell.

Well I better go.  I have been on the computer for a couple of hours.  I better get some work done.  Take care all.  Anita

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: