Alan Jackson
September 27, 2024, 05:48:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 73216 times)
Dee

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:47:25 am »

I know, I know, I'm jumping the gun by 7 hours but I'm about to log off and wanted to acknowledge the new month before I go.  Tomorrow will begin Autumn in Australia - my favourite season.

What will make Autumn even more special this year is Alan's about to come visit us Down Under.  Don't worry, we'll look after him for you all ...... but we might not send him back for a while..... I think we should keep him for a while.  You American gals have hogged him long enough.  Share!  LOL.

Later,
Dee.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:35:40 am »

Dee,

It's the end of winter here in Indy...we had severe storms last night and lots of flooding all over the state. I can't wait till Spring. It seems weird that it's fall there, but you guys are sooooooooooooo very far away. Ya'll can only borrow Alan for the duration of the tour, and whatever time he is taking for R&R there...then he MUST come back home. We need our Georgia boy back in the USA eventually. LOL....I am so happy for all of you that get to see and here him. Truly, an awesome experience awaits you!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

How perfect, Autumn and Alan Jackson together!   Enjoy all that you can.  Leslie
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:41 pm »

Dee Hi !
I got tickled at your saying you are Keeping Alan. I don't blame you at all. Happy March to you all. I just heard that they have tornado warning in Nashville again & I need to call our son. The paths change now, used to run in certain areas.

I hope Alan has left for Australia already, it's near his area where the storms are, but he may have a basement. I would not live there witout one, however water and flooding you would have problems w/that.. we had planed to move there maybe a long cabin, but after the Historic Flood, we changed our minds .
Please enjoy Alan, all of you who are seeing Alan, but please send him back lol. I haven't seen him in Florida in ages it seems. last time was at Nashville & not getting up to the stage was no fun.

Harriet, if your are reading this , please read your message I sent you ok..and reply if possible.

You Guys get ready for the Best In Country Music..Alan!!!!!!!!!! Oh I'm so sorry Miranda is ill & they had to reschedule. It sounds like your locals, I have not heard of this group.I hope she will be fine, upper respiratory infection is bad and I know as I just got over one.Plus I am asthmatic...She needs rest for sure.Get Well Soon to Miranda,,,
Great way to start the month off with someone who is going to Alan's Tour In Australia! Congrats to all of YOU!

Enjoy! Take care, especially of Alan , Jeri_MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:21:36 pm »

Oh Dee, you are waayyyy too funny..
How about I'll take Alan along with me to Europe after the Brisbane concerts..LOL

AJ IS THE BEST
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »

Hello, Friends. We are OK, some strong storms went through & the tornado alarm went off so we were in the basement for about an hour until the storms passed through our area. There were downed trees & power outtages in some places but we dodged a bullet again & this will go on all Spring- it always does. So for us March is coming in like a lion, much as February did.

Dee, I can feel your excitement & understand it. You, Go Girl.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 02:12:33 pm »

Harriet glad you didn't get the worst of the
storm.
Dee enjoy Alan's concert. Please send him
back.we need him here.(LOL)
I wish I could say spring was here but
we are still cool and had snow over the weekend.
Elaine

Dee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »

Hi everyone.  Great to hear from my friends again.  

I have visions of grabbing Alan after the concert and stuffing him in the pocket of my jeans - kidnapping him so that we can keep him in Oz a little longer.  I'm all of 5'2", LOL.  Do you think anyone would notice those looooooong legs hanging out of my pocket?  What explanation could I give?  "Ah, it's just one of those life-sized cardboard models, Mr Security Person.  I had hoped to get Alan to sign it."  That would work...... unless he started kicking.  

Nan's coming to stay with me for the best part of the week but I guess you already know that.  This time in 2 days I'll be halfway to the airport to pick her up.  CAN'T WAIT to meet one of my K&W buddies face to face at last.  Wish it could be all of you.  

Kimberly - wait your turn!  LOL!  It's out turn right now!  Don't wish it away on us.  Better that you stay here longer.  Hey!  You could help me smuggle Alan out.  Snicker.  Help me by thinking up excuses for those long legs of his waving about.

You know why Alan timed his trip for March?  He wanted to avoid all that scary weather you guys are having.  Glad to hear you're all doing OK and dodging those 'bullets' the weather is throwing your way.  We've had a really weird summer too but the worst of the heat has gone now, I think.  One day it got up to 44 degrees Celsius in the shade here.  That converts to 111 degrees Farenheit.  That is unprecedented in this area!  Gets much hotter up the Top End of Oz so I shouldn't complain.
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:03 pm »

Harriet, glad to hear that the worst weather missed you.  Yeah, Spring has sprung with some more wild weather.
It's been sunny & in the 40's here today.

Dee, have fun with your visit from Nan and enjoy the concert by our boy Alan.  But, sorry you must send him back to us.  In your pocket - that's hysterical!  But, I can totally understand you wanting to do that!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 03:40:27 pm »

Dee, have a fantastic time with Nan and seeing Alan.  We are so jealous!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »

Dee have a great time.  Everyone here, watch out for the storms.  Leslie
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:22 pm »

Can anyone tell me which of the 37 songs on the CD of Alan's 34 Number One Hits are NOT #1's.  I was trying to
do that word search and don't know which songs to eliminate.  That is sure hard.  But I need to end up with 34,
and not 37 and don't know which 3 to eliminate if I ever get it done.

HELP!!
Alanfan
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 06:11:59 am »

Happy March to you all.
I readed that some have receive my Christmas card in February! Well better late than never. I posted them all the first week of December. By airmail, not with a pigeon. lol.

Dee, have fun at the concert and hope you meet a lot of fans. About Alan's long legs hanging out of your pocket. I have the explanation: .... I'm A KANGAROO !!!

Kimberly, have a save trip and take Alan with you back to the Law Countries.

Yeehaw ... spring is in the land. Still a little cold but what a splendid sun. Same forecast for the next week.
I see that everybody is doing well. Isn't that great!
Gone leave now, ther's a bicycle race on tv. (blink)

Take care everybody and don't worry ... spring is on your way too.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 09:55:30 am »

Hi everyone!  March came in like a lamb here in NW Ohio.  Hoping the rest of the month is as beautiful.
Hope you are all in good health.  Praying Alan and the crew are safe on their travels.  And I'm looking forward to reading some great Aussie reviews.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Dee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »

VERY FUNNY Jean B!  "Long-legged joey (name given to baby kangaroos) in my pocket Mr Security Person.  You're asking me about his boots?  Well, he's a 'Country' joey of course!"  He MIGHT believe me.  LOL.

Thanks for well-wishes everybody.  This time tomorrow I'll be about an hour along the road to the airport.

I wonder if Alan and the Strayhorns are still sleeping off their jet-lag.

Alanfan, I'd imagine the three songs not #1s of Alan's would have to be: 'As She's Walking Away' (if that's become a #1 wouldn't it be attributed to Zac Brown rather than Alan?); 'Look at Me' (I don't think that was a #1); and 'Ring of Fire'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: