Alan Jackson
June 26, 2024, 02:09:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy March everyone!  (Read 70826 times)
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

Hi All,

I am glad that everyone had fun at the Australian concerts.  Lots of good reviews.

I go to my doctor on Tuesday for the results of my stress test.  But the ladies that did the tests said everything was fine.  They really don't know why my doctor would of sent me.  I think he just wanted to be sure there was no blockage in the arteries.  I have been feeling better lately.  It was probably alot of stress that I was dealing with at work.  It is getting a little bit better at work. I still don't like the work.

The snow is all gone where I live in Ontario Canada, but it is still cold.

I took today and Monday off work just to get some things done at home.  I have a Stitch and Bitch party to go to tomorrow, but I will have to see how I feel.  My throat feels a little sore today, so I could be getting a cold.

Jeri - I agree with you about The Bachelor.  I can't watch that show. 

I have been watching American Idol.  They have alot of excellent talent this year.  I really like James and Pia, but they are all quite good.  I like the judges this year too.  I don't think anyone misses Simon.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »

Gwen so happy all went well with your
eye surgery. Sorry your still getting snow.
Anita hope the stress at your job is getting
better. Makes for a long work day.
Having a beautiful sunny day. Sisco comes to
stay today.Georgie will love that. Kelsey has a
volleyball tournament Sat and Sun and at nine
on Sunday they fly out to Cuba.It is going to be
a long week without them.
Elaine

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS, I AM EAGERLY AWAITING 4PM THIS AFTERNOON...BECAUSE I WILL GET TO SEE MY TWINS PLAY THE RED SOX ON THE MLB CHANNEL!!!  GUESS YOU KNOW I SIGNED UP ALREADY FOR THE MLB PKG REGULAR SEASON, THE ONLY WAY I CAN HOPE TO SEE MY TWINS PLAY DOWN HERE, BEING "DIAMONDBACK" COUNTRY.  AND OF COURSE, AT THE SAME TIME, WOULDN'T YOU KNOW, U OF AZ PLAYS CONN IN THE COLLEGE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT, SO I WILL HAVE THE" FASTEST THUMB IN THE WEST", GOING BACK AND FORTH!  SATURDAYS ARE MY" MERRY-MAID" DAY WHEN I TRY TO DO MOST OF MY WEEKLY CLEANING STUFF, SO I REALLY WHIZZED THRU IT TODAY SO I WON'T HAVE ANYTHING LOOKING AT ME WAITING MY ATTENTION.  MY PLACE ISN'T VERY BIG, AND I LIVE ALONE, SO ITS USUALLY PRETTY EASY. 

JERI, MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR SISTER AND FAMILY, AT SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME FOR ALL OF YOU. OH DEAR, FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ARE DEALING WITH GRIEF AND LOSSES AND WORRIES, MY HEART JUST GOES OUT TO YOU .  AT MY AGE, I'VE SEEN PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT, AND I CAN ONLY SAY THAT TIME AND FAITH ARE THE ONLY HEALERS.  AND EVERYONE WALKS HIS OWN PATH THROUGH THAT EXPERIENCE.  WHEN I THINK OF THOSE I HAVE LOST, AND I DO SO OFTEN, I REMEMBER THE LOVE, AND THE SWEET TIMES.  AND HOW THEY CAN STILL MAKE ME SMILE.  ITS NOT EVER "FAIR", IT JUST IS WHAT IT IS.

ALSO JERI, I WOULD LOVE TO PUT A PICTURE ON OF MY ROYAL WEDDING MOMENT!!  HAVEN'T EVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT, NOT A COMPUTER WHIZ AT ALL, BELIEVE ME.  I'M GRATEFUL I CAN JUST GET ON AND VISIT WITH YOU ALL ONCE IN AWHILE!!  WE WILL HAVE ALOT OF FUN, FOR SURE, AND YES, I AM BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH DEAR NIECES AND NEPHEWS AS WELL AS MY CHILDREN AND "GRANDS".  NO, I WON'T BE IN LONDON OF COURSE, BUT IN DOOR COUNTY, WISCONSIN, WHERE LAURIE AND HER DEAR HUSBAND STEVE LIVE.  ITS BEAUTIFUL THERE, AND I AM HOPING THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS WILL BE OUT AT THAT TIME.  OH, BY THE WAY, LAURIE TOLD ME SHE FOUND ME A TIARA...AT WALMART!!!  NOW, WILL I BE "STYLIN'" OR WHAT?  AND YOU KNOW...WITH ALL THE TURMOIL AND TRAGEDY IN THE WORLD, HOW NICE IT WILL BE TO ENJOY A TIME OF, HOPEFULLY,...HAPPYILY-EVER- AFTER!
THEY ARE A LOVELY COUPLE.

WE HAVE HAD SUCH GLORIOUS WEATHER LATELY, IN AND AROUND THE 70'S.  WISH ARIZONA COULD JUST HOLD THIS THOUGHT FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS OR SO, BUT I'M SURE THE THERMOMETER WILL BE DOING ITS DESERT THING ONE OF THESE DAYS.  YOU ALL ENJOY WHEREVER YOU ARE, HOPE YOU ARE SOON PLANTING/ENJOYING FLOWERS ETC.  ITS BEEN A LONG WINTER, HASN'T IT, FOR SO MANY OF YOU.  BE WELL AND WARM!

jean-az/allALANalways
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2011, 12:06:57 pm »

Last night I got the GREATEST call from my sister! She had another TEST done they had insisted on and it said NO CANCER!!!!!!!!!! Thank God! She goes back in six months to re-check.. Her doctor hugged her and she was so happy..
Her husband was the one scared to death. she has so much faith.. They found it was some huge medical word in the
scar tissue, from the burn of the radiation before. NO CANCER!!!!!! She called me this AM and said "Jerrie you and My Husband were more worried than I". she said" I just had this feeling it was nothing" Perhaps all the prayers worked, who knows..But I feela  huge relief off my heart today! Thanks to Everyone for your prayers and concern.
we had planed to go to Nashville this weekend but changed our minds due to rain etc... Now I found I have missed getting tickets to see Alan perform for the American Cancer Society, I am just sick over it.. we always give but this would have been nice, after my Sister had it..and all she's been through. I took her with me to my Meet and Greet w/Alan in Tupelo/09
and she was so amazed at sitting so close to the stage.. She and her husband both enjoyed it..She has just had her radiation and it made her feel better.. So Thank You to Alan for this.
Thanks for your prayers and well Wishes to ALL of you, Jerrie from Florida and MS!!! Thanks again , Now Let's Get HAPPY!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:03 pm »

Jerri -  This is GREAT NEWS - so happy for you all -  I'm sure it is a big relief for you and her husband. and all concerned.

Prayer does help!

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2011, 08:59:16 am »

That is wonderful news Jerri about your sister.  Prayer does work!

Too bad you canceled your plans for Nashville.  It's is supposed to be nice Sat. and Sun. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2011, 11:52:18 am »

Jeri, I'm so happy for your sister & her family & you too. This is wonderful.

Kathy- Enjoy California.

Elaine- Yes, I'm so glad to have made so much progress.

Jean-AZ-Watched your Twins & my Braves play an exhibition game last night. They are going to play again today.So glad it's time for baseball season.

Hello to Sharon, Lou, Anita & Gwen.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2011, 11:59:14 am »

Jean it sounds like you are going to have
a lot of fun watching the Royal wedding.
Jeri I am so happy to read that everything is
ok with your sister.
having lots of fun with Georgie and Sisco. It has
been raining and trying to catch two dogs at once
is not easy so needless to say my kitchen floor needs
a good scrubbing.
Elaine

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2011, 12:03:01 pm »

Jeri...that's great news. I have been at the hospital most of this week with my own sister who had congestive heart failure. Doctors have completed their tests and she does not need surgery, but can be treated with meds. Miracle's do happen!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »

Praise the Lord, Jeri!  So gooood to hear your sister's cancer-free!!

We haven't made a plan yet, but I knew about that Rogersville show
early on and of course the tix were gone immediately.  Now hubs
is saying we should go to TN in April...  I wanna say ggrrrrrr   LOL
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2011, 07:11:50 pm »

While the weather is still cool (& cold at night), Spring is in the air and the baseball season is about to commence!!  Rooting for my Cubbies again this year, as always cautiously optimistic.
I will miss seeing them play at their home opener this Friday (I'm winging my way to California).  Good Luck Cubbies!
JeanAZ - enjoy your baseball season with your beloved Twins - I hope they do well in the American League.

Jeri - great news about your sister!!
Harriet - glad to her that you are still progressing and getting better every day!

I've been at the office the past two days cleaning everything up before I leave.  Tomorrow will be running around to the bank, store & all the last minute stuff I need to do. 
I'll be away from the board for awhile - may be able to check the AJ news, but probably will not be posting.  When my sister and I get together, there's no time to stop & post. 
I hope everyone has a great week and that Spring is springing in your neck of the woods!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 12:09:16 pm »

Jeri...that's great news. I have been at the hospital most of this week with my own sister who had congestive heart failure. Doctors have completed their tests and she does not need surgery, but can be treated with meds. Miracle's do happen!
Thanks Everyone for your nice comments..BB I'm so sorry about your sister too. Congestive Heart failure can be serious.
I'm glad she is doing better now.My mom often got too much fluid around her heart, so when they put her on Fluid meds
it helped. I know you feel better now that your sister is better.Prayers are answered.
Kathy enjoy your Sister and your time away..
I hope all of you are ok, and Harriet you sound so much better, prayers were answered for you for sure..Sharon still is in my prayers..and all who need them..Take care to all. I wanted to go to the Rogersville show too,m but it sold our right away.. My son lives nearby near Franklin. Nice of Charlie Chase to ask Alan to sing..& participate..for a great cause..I like Charlie and his partner on radio too.They dedicated a song by Alan for me, to my husband on our Anniversary..this was a while back..we have been married for eons lol Take care all of you, Elaine be careful & do not fall, that is my thing recently and apparently Jimmy Buffetts too! His was off the stage, I think he must be well now, he is still scheduled to Tour..
Bless You all, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 08:13:44 am »

Jeri, Wonderful news.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: