Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 01:44:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64533 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »

Kathy It wasn't until I was talking to my son
that I realized I hadn't changed my clocks.
Our Sunday morning paper always has the
big clock reminder but for some reason they
didn't this year.
Harriet so glad your healing well so you will
enjoy the concert.
Sharon sorry you had a lot of rain to drive
in on your trip for Jerry's sil.
Jean(AZ) It is always so nice to have the
windows done.Glad your weather has turned
nice.
Jean do you not have minor hockey leagues
their for the young kids?Here they start at
5 years old.
Sue glad that Jewels had a good report.THat
is so long to be bedridden.
Terry happy you had no new injuries to report.
Hope the memorial helped Sara start to heal.
It is sunny today
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:29 pm »

I just had to get on a moment to Thank all of you for your prayers for my husband and me. we got such great news
after going through so much, they found no cancer.. Thank GOD! He does have to take medicine for the inflamation for his pancreas but we can live with that..Just have to eat low fat diet and he has to take care of himself more. I've never felt so relieved in my life.. maybe it was a wakeup call for us. It sure got our attention for sure.
He still has other tests to go through, but this one is fine.Thanks for the prayers again, I'm sure they helped. I know they helped me deal with not knowing.
Harriet, I read somewhere on here, your mouth was sore or something. They told my hubby to use ice and later warm salt water to heal the area & cleanse. not sure if it was the same procedure. I hope it gets well to see Alan, maybe a M&G!!!

Sue, don't you wash away on us now.. that water sounds a bity close. areas are flooding that never have before, so I get uneasy if it gets close. Take care, did you see the panels they are exporting from England now for beach flooding, they work much better than sand bags, and definitely hold back the water..

Sharon sorry about your Bil's passing.. glad you got back ok.. Take care going to see Alan but enjoy it!
Terry, hope your hand is better and all is well. I'm like wabbit's daughter, when I was younger I was forever going barefooted in the house and I think I broke about every toe at one time or another. I had some reset but taped some to
the other toes. Can't say I'm accident prone either.  I have never broken any big bones ha! Just lucky with that last fall perhaps. Terry be careful traveling to see Alan but Enjoy! So happy you are near CA & can go see him get his Star!!!...
I hope all the rest of you are well and take care, must get in bed..Hubby is still home a lot now..

I downloaded all the links on here for Alan's new Songs.. I like the first one especially well.Can't wait to hear them LIVE! I will miss all the goodies with my husband not being as well.I sure hope some of you get to meet Alan, he is super!! I would love to win the tickets to the Letterman show but we just got back from NY a while back & I Loved it! can't wait to see Alan visit ole Dave! I hope some of you win this trip!
Have lots of TV to look forward to at least, to see our Guy sing!
Take care all of you and thanks again for your concern, prayers, thoughts and know that it meant the world to us..
I told my husband that Everyone of the Alan Jackson Fans were praying for him,and when the Dr told him, he winked at me and said "AJ Fans" ha!( He said "Thanks too" We were so relieved w/the cat-scan.( actually all our Churches were praying for him and family..too.)
God is good! Thanks Fans, Jerrie-FL&MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2010, 10:42:22 pm »

Artsy so good to hear you hubby got a good report...As for prayer I am a strong beleiver  in prayer...So sorry that the two of you won't get to go to UCF//Maybe he will come back to Jax on his way to WPB this year I hope. Good to see you posting I know you missed visiting on the board...Dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 11:02:49 pm »

Artsy Paula would like to tell you she was happy to hear you hubby got a good report...she was trying figure out how she could let you know ..I told her I would be glad to let you know...she is posting on the message board if you are still here.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 06:46:53 am »

Morning y'all!

I'm slowly getting use to the time change.

Thank you all for your condolences for my sil.  Jerry is the youngest of 11, and he only has 2 brothers and l sister still living.  I think I have told y'all that I am the last surviving member of my family.  Not a pleasant thought.  The pastor that conducted the funeral, made a statement that stuck with me.  He said, "We are all saddened by Elsie's passing, and funerals are thought of as times of "Goodbyes", I want you to think of her death as a time of "Hellos".  Elsie is saying "hello" to her family and friends.  It really was quite profound, I thought.

Jeri, that is wonderful news about your husband's medical report.  Prayers were answered.

Watched some of the basketball games yesterday, haven't checked all the scores yet, Clemson, Wofford, and Duke play today.  Y'all be rooting for Wofford, first time they have ever been chosen for the tournament. 

Jean/AZ, good for you getting your windows clean and also excited about the baseball season started.  The most I watch baseball is when my gs, Grant plays.  He is having practice and played a scrimmage last night, but I didn't get to go.  My bowling night. 

Speaking of bowling, I am so out of shape and my bowling scores show it!  So aggravating.

Jean/B, did you say the program you have in Belgium is "Meat and Wheels".

I'm getting excited about the Greenville show next month.  I had decided I was not going to CMA Fan Fest this year and the line up looks wonderful.  I have already planned a road trip to NM, so I know I can't change my plans, but it sure looks like a good line up.

Dot, sorry you messed up on your tickets, but hope it worked out okay anyway.  Did you get them?  Let me know.

Sue, I saw on the news about the flooding up your way, sure hope you don't have any flooding. 

Y'all have a good Friday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2010, 02:51:50 pm »

Jeri so happy you got good news about your
hubby.The waiting sure can take a toll on
you.
Sharon sorry you had to miss your gs game
because of your bowling.
Teresa Jay and the girls are taking me out to
dinner tonight.Jess and Sisco will come stay
with me for the weekend.Teresa Jay and
Kelsey are going to Kamloops for Kelsey's
city volley ball tournament.
Having a nice sunny day
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »

Hi All,  I would like to say God Bless to Terry and Sara, Jeri and husband, Suem and Jewels, Harriet, and everyone else who needs some healing or help right now.  I wish all a very nice weekend and Elaine a great Birthday!  Hi to BHR, Dizzy dean, Sharon, Jean B., January, Kathy, and anyone else that I missed.  I am so sorry that I can not keep up, I am not a typist.  
Take care Nelle
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:47:00 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:02 am »

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Elaine, enjoy your birthday dinner out with your family. 

Nelle, thanks for the good wishes, things are looking up around here.

Sharon, that was a good thing to say at your SIL's funeral, very true.  Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Jeri, good to hear your hubby is getting good test results.

Sue, how is your ankle?  Has the river gotten any closer to you?

It's been beautiful spring weather here.  At least this year we are having a spring and not just jumping from winter to summer like we usually do.  Had the windows open the past few days and no fire in the wood stove in the evenings.

Sara is doing well, thanks to all of you for your prayers and concerns, we appreciate it very much.  AJ fans are the best people in the world.  She passed her second nursing exam and is excited about that.  She had to perform CPR on a patient at the hospital yesterday during her clinical day.  He coded while she was in the room and the doctor told her to start CPR till they got the cart in there.  She was excited she helped save a life and said doing CPR on a real person is so different than on the dummy we did it on for our CPR certification. 

This semester is hard but I think I got all caught up and a little ahead.  I finished one class yesterday except for the final essay (which isn't due until June) which will give me extra time for the rest of the classes.  I sure like the classes the teacher's let us do at our own pace.   

My toe is a little better (or I'm just getting used to the pain) and my finger is healing.  Think I might lose the nail on the one next to the cut one, it's all black...lol 

This phase of the census here is over and hope to get rehired for the next phase.  They certainly are not as organized as they were in 2000, at least not our main temp office.  Don't know if it's the management at this office or the whole system but as long as all the people get counted, that's all that's important. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.  Remember to ENJOY LIFE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 08:16:57 pm »

Typical March weekend, weatherwise.  Saturday morning - work up to a snow storm.  We got maybe a couple of inches, but it was cold & windy all day.  Today a little warmer and sunny, so most of the snow is gone.   50's this week.  

Will be watching for my e-mail from the fan club to find out about my seats for the Chicago show.  The charge has hit my credit card, so I know it won't be long now.

Enjoyed the Buffett/ZBB Crossroads on CMT!   They really sounded good together.

Back to work tomorrow - a little over 4 months, but who's counting?

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

Had a great birthday dinner with Teresa Jay and
the girls.Jess stayed with me for the weekend.
We really had a good time.Georgie loved having
Sisco here to play with. He his missing him today.
Having a nice sunny day after Saturdays rain.
Elaine

wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »

I would like to say God Bless to Terry and Sara, Jeri and husband, Suem and Jewels, Harriet, and everyone else who needs some healing or help right now
I second that emotion.

Finally got a working computer at my home.
Hope to get caught up here.

Won't happen tonight though.
It's 10pm and my alarm is set for 4:10am.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »

Wabbit glad you have your home computer
working.
I has been sunny all morning people are
getting their gardens ready to plant.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:59 pm »

Hello, Friends. Doing well & got the stitches out today. The dentist is very pleased with my healing.Been watching college basketball. My team, GA Tech won Friday but lost Sunday so they had to come home.

Jeri- So glad you got a good report on Jerry.

Hi Dizzy, I believe in prayer too.

Sharon-Sorry to hear about your Sil. Guess both our teams had to go home from March Madness. Duke is the only ACC team left to advance.

Nelle & Lisa- Thanks for the well wishes. Lisa, glad you have a home computer.

Terry- Glad you're getting some work in the Census. Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta.

Kathy- Glad you're going to the Chicago concert.

Elaine- Glad you had a nice birthday with family.

January

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:40 pm »

Lovely weather today in NW Ohio - sun, upper 50's - Happy March everyone - 6 days until the train pulls in the station - maybe the mail will cooperate and it will be at  our houses right on time!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »

I hope so too January.  Terry you are welcome For the good wishes, they are right from my heart. I am glad your toe and finger are better. Also that Sara is doing well.   Kathy 4 months will go fast. I am glad you are going to a concert.  wabbit101 thank you for seconding my emotion. Good luck with your computer.   Elaine I am happy you had a great dinner and a good time at you Birthday with your family and Georgie.  Harriet I am so happy you are doing well with your healing. My wishes are from my heart and you are welcome.  I hope you will feel real great for the concert so that you will have a real great time.     Take Care Everyone   And to all AJ friends.        nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: