Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 11:34:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64158 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »

Hello Friends, it is March already. Come on in & join us. Alan's album will be out this month- already pre=ordered it.

I left this post on Feb 27 so will just bring it over here:

Hello,Friends. It's been a busy few days. I have posted a review of the George Strait Concert under this Off Topic section. It was Thursday night & I was up til 2 AM. Then last night I stayed up to buy tickets to Alan's Atlanta Show. Thought they would come up at Midnight but they didn't so I e-mailed BHR & she suggested we had to wait til 1:00 AM since we are in Eastern Time & the fan club is in Nashville which is Central Time. Thanks, BHR, for your help. Got a ticket confirmed but don't yet know where it is. And since I have been up til 2 AM the last 2 nights hope to turn in earlier tonight. I really enjoyed that concert & wish all of you were with me.

Elaine- You really haven't had much snow this year have you?

Nelle,I tolerated the concert & the weather pretty well.

JeanB- Have fun cycling 'on the road again'. Weren't the Olympics great?

Jeri- Just like Denise said in her book,we have to put it all in God's hands. Praying for you & your hubby.

Sue- You sound busy. Glad you will make it to a concert.

Terry- That's great you're doing the Census. See you on the concert trail.

AntaMartina- Tomorrow is the Gold Medal Hockey game between Canada & the USA. I heard tickets to the game are costing $10,000.

Jinx- I think you have your priorities in order.

Sharon- Glad you got tickets confirmed also. Did you have to wait til 1:00 AM also?

Hi AJ Texas fan.   

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »

Harriet your right we have had very little snow.
About 6 inches all winter.The paper is starting to
talk about our water as their will very little run off
from the monutains this year.
It is nice and sunny.Went grocery
shopping this morning.Kelsey 's basket ball team
had a heart breaking final game.They lost by four
points.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »

Happy March!  Snow is predicted for tonight and tomorrow.  We are right on the edge, so we may not get any.

Harriet, glad you got your confirmation for your tickets.  Wish I could make the Atlanta show too, but just can't this time.  I did have to stay up until 1:00 a.m. to order my tickets.  Hope I get good seats.  One of my friends ordered from ticketmaster and she is FL -5!!!! I know the fan club tells us we may get better tickets through other avenues, but I just like to order through the fan club.

Elaine, sorry that Kelsey's basketball team had a heartbreaker for their final game. 

BHR, are you going to the Atlanta show? 

JeanB, sounds like you have been really busy since your retirement.  Too busy for the computer?  LOL!

Not much news this way.  Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:47 pm »

March is coming in like a lamb - weatherwise, which means it will go out like a lion.   All I care about is that it's going out with an AJ CD arrival! 

No snow is our forecast, for a change.  It supposed to warm up this week to end in the 40's this weekend.  Won't that be nice?   

I guess I need to invest in a new garbage disposer - mine has completely died.  I hit the reset button and used the wrench that comes with it to unclog it.  Neither of those things worked - when I turn on the switch, I just get a low hum.  It's almost 12 years old - which I guess is pretty good for a garbage disposer.  They don't cost very much, but I will definitely have to have someone install it - I know I can't do it and neither of my sons wants to tackle it.  As long as I'm having someone in to install a new one, I think I'm going to get a new kitchen sink and they can put both of them at once. I always find ways to spend my tax return!

So excited about ordering tickets for the Chicago show on May 1.  I'll be staying up Friday night for that.   Since I haven't ordered with the new system, please tell me it's easy.  Faxing in was easy enough - hope this is equally easy.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:56 pm »

Hi all,

I'm so pumped for the new AJ CD and tour.  Will get to the Rosemont concert date.  Hope to meet up with AJ fans.  Hope to get to more in the fall.
Love reading all the concerts fans are signing up for.  Another good AJ year to celebrate.  Congrats Harriet on getting the confirmation! 
Hope all has been well.  Hubby took care of the little man and will have him tomorrow as he has strep.  So much illness going around.
Jewels had another doctor appointment today------still on very restrictive bedrest but she is now at 31 weeks , so thankful for every day the baby doesn't come.  She's hoping to make it four or five more weeks.  Keep praying.
Elaine, sorry about the heart break loss for Kelsey.  I remember those days.  Enjoyed the olympics.  Canada did a great job hosting and wow had the most gold medals too.
Felt so bad for the Canadian skaters whose mother died.  It was a heart wretching story but so proud of her for performing and taking the bronze.  I wanted her to win something!
Take care all.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:57:46 am »

Evening everyone,

I think I broke my toe yesterday, figures, today was the first day of field work for the census.  I am crew leader assistant so had to go out with some of the new ones to make sure they've got it right.  Tomorrow is more of the same, then all their training should be done as long as all goes well. 

Sue, make sure Jewels follows her doctor's instructions!!!  She is in my prayers.

I haven't mentioned this on the board but did email many of you.  Sara lost her baby on Feb 13th.  She is devastated and had to go through the whole labor and delivery.  He lived for about 4.5 hours but was just too early, only 18.3 weeks.  She had gone to the emergency room the Tuesday prior with minor cramps.  They did an ultrasound, said the baby was fine, and basically sent her on her way.  She also had a UTI which they didn't catch either.  From the reports from her regular doctor, if the hospital had done their job on that Tuesday, she most likely would not have lost the baby.

Off to bed, got to get up earlier than normal (for me....NOT a morning person)  Take care everyone and have a great day tomorrow and rest of the week.  I doubt I'll get back here with work, school, and my other work.

Livin' On Love in California
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:51 am »

Terry, so sorry to hear about Sara's baby.  I will keep her in my prayers.  Hope your toe heals quickly!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 10:42:13 am »

Terry, that is heartbreaking about Sara's baby.  I am so sorry.  You have had a lot on your plate as of late
and I hope things get better soon!   Take care of yourself....including your poor broken toe!  Hopefully you
will have some good Alan fixes in your future!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
caz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 03:47:53 pm »

Happy march to everyone sorry i have not been on board lately but been so busy with study i start cardiac rehab training this month so got to swot up on my heart theory hope you all are well terry so sorry to hear about the baby looking forward to the cd release preordered mine in january not too much longer to wait thank goodness great to hear mattie's idea was acceapted by record company it's turning into a real family bussiness lol you all take care and be good and if you carn't be good be careful
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:38 pm »

Sharon glad you got your tickets even though
you had to stay up so late.
Kathy hope you get some good seats.
Good luck with the diposal and sink.
Sue Jonnie was very brave to skate after
losing her mom.I think maybe it won't hit
her until she gets home and mom is going to
be there.
Terry sorry you broke your toe.Good luck
with your job and studies.
Caz nice to see you posting.Good luck with
your studies.
It is warm and sunny here this morning.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »

Hi to all,
Counting the days until I order my Illinois tickets.

Terry so sorry to read about Sara's baby miscarriage.  Pray for her.

Another sunny day.  Enjoying the sunlight.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:54:19 pm by suem » Logged

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »

So sorry to hear about Sara's baby. You are in my prayers.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:55 am »

Good Morning,
South Carolina sunshine and climbing temperatures.  Goody, goody!
I have meals on wheels today, payroll, and an eye dr. appointment.  I do have some prescription glasses, but mostly use the inexpensive magnifying ones around the house.  I'm thinking I'll have to get another pair of prescription ones.  The others just aren't working as well. 
Terry, sorry to hear you may have broken your toe.  My neighbor was called by the census, but I haven't heard anything.  So I'm still only working from the home office.
Terry, also please tell Sara she's in my prayers.  Sorry to hear that the hospital may have been negligent.
I'm about finished reading "Twilight".  I have the dvr set to record the movie Saturday.  Just couldn't ignore the hype of it anymore!  LOL!  The book is pretty good.  Not my usual read.
Hope I hear today where my seats are for Greenville.  Did speak with Monty's cousin and she will be going to the Greenville show.  Hopefully, I'll get to say hi and get a hug from Monty.  Would love to win the M&G too. 
Y'all have a good day.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:32 pm »

Hi all - Seems springy lately here in NW Ohio - going to be in the 40's for the next week or so - and sunny - NICE! 
Terry - I am so sorry to hear about the baby - my heart goes out to all involved.
Sue- I just read about your daughter too - I hope all is well there - my niece was on bed rest before the quads and they came at 30 weeks anyway - my daughter-in-law was with the twins and they were a little early too but over 5 pounds and good - it does make it hard when there is an older child who needs Mom too tho - are you getting a granddaughter or grandson this time? 
Sharon - take heart - F5 at the Greenville venue is the second row back of the floor section - I can imagine that you will get better tickets than that.  I will cross my fingers for F2 center for you!  I put in for front row at Ft Wayne but if I don't  get them I will probably hope for summer or fall - still hoping he will come a little closer - my husband doesn't want to go so it is easier if he gets closer to me since I will go alone.  BUT it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind and I wouldn't mind a spring and fall sighting!!!
Jeri - I hope things are going better for you and your husband - what a fall and winter you have had!
Hello Elaine, Caz, JeanB- my birthday buddy!, Harriet, Nelle, Ann and anyone I missed - happy spring and my best to you and yours!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »

Sue hope you get really good seats for the
concert.
Sharon my granddaughters have read twilight.
I will have to get the book from them .I usualy
don't read those kinds of books.
January glad your weather is getting nicer.It is
time for winter to end.I can't complain as we never
got very much snow this year.
Having a nice sunny day.Georgie is spending a lot
of time outside now that it has warmed up.
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: