Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 03:40:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64568 times)
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »

Youch Terry!
Those fingers sound bad.

Think my daughter has broken every toe, but a couple, at one time or another.
Some even twice.
She isn't so much accident prone either,she just has long toes. LoL
I tease her that she could peel a banana with them.

Hope the ice helps the lip Harriet.

The rain didn't last much longer after I
posted Marilyn.
Just long enuf to soften the ground to bury the librarian.
She calmed down when more people started coming in.
It looked like te fog was gonna roll in earlier.
Guess that means it will be around when I go to work at 5am.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2010, 03:06:14 pm »

Harriet hope that you get a M&G for the
concert.
Terry so sorry to hear you hurt your hand
Ooch that must of hurt.Did you have to
get stitches?
It has been raining all morning.I won't complain
as we need the moisture.Kelsey and Jess started their
two weeks spring break. Evie is feeling good and got
home from the hospital.
Elaine

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:08 pm »

Hi Everyone.  I am so behind in all the news that is happening to all.  I am so glad that the Olympics are all over.  That was taking alot of my time after work.  I really enjoyed them this year and I am glad that Canada did as well as they did.  That Men's Hockey Game was awesome.  I don't think I was sitting down for the last few minutes of the last period.  Then when the U.S. tied  with 24 seconds, I thought they blew it.

I see there are a few new people on the site.  Welcome to all the new AJ Fans.

I hope everyone is having luck getting the tickets they want for the concerts coming up. 

Jeri, I hope everything will be okay with your hubby.

Everyone take care and talk to you soon.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »

Terry,
 so very sorry about your Fingers, lordy, that is awful. I hope you are able to do all you have coming up ok.. So sorry about your little Sara also..that is so sad when it happens , on the mom especially. It is a terrible loss, just as if she had lived for years. I had a relative recently to lose a baby & it took a while for her to get past it. I wish your daughter and whole family so much love and sympathy going through this, Bless them and You.Take care.

Sue yes, hubby is till going for tests, but we should know more next week, so that will help some..He is feeling better at least, just tired from tests.Sue not sure what you could take her, according to what she likes. I love to read but she may not.she needs a distraction perhaps.My dil went through a bit of this & she had the twins.Thanks for caring to all of you..

Harriet, can't imagine going through that many at once..bless your heart..I hope you heal up really fast and get to see Alan.. That I will never forget! It has helped me so much to think back, while waiting for all these tests etc.. He has such a calming effect , just like in his music..Just so super nice..I sure hate to miss his concerts here,(FL) but hubby is too weak now. I will post later on.. He should know more next week.. ( wabbit, glad you posted the comment.I knew a girl from home that died with it , that is why it scared me so much, but I feel more hope now, after having talked to the Drs)
Thanks for all your concern and prayers,
 Jerrie PS- my thoughts are with all of you here.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 02:18:12 pm »

Anita I think the U.S and Canada game was the
most exciting game of the Olympic hockey.
Canada winning made it even better.
Jeri glad to read you will soon get the test
results of your hubbies.The waiting is the
hardest part.
Having a beautiful sunny day.Jess will be
spending the weekend with me.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 07:05:14 pm »

Windy & cool here, not cold.  Staying in the upper 40's & low 50's - Spring is just around the corner.

Hope everyone remembered to turn their clocks ahead.  Still a bit off today - takes a week for me to catch up.

Terry, so sorry about your hand - OUCH! 

Jeri, still saying prayers for your hubby.

Loving hearing some of the new songs from Alan - what a gorgeous singer & man.  WOW!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:40 pm »

Hello, Folks. I'm hanging in there. Went back to the dentist & he said that after 1 week I had 2 weeks worth of healing. I have been feeling lightheaded & unsteady & not really taking that much pain medication so he changed my antibiotic & pain meds to see if it will help. I just want to get healed up for Alan's concert in Atlanta. I have 3rd row seats- thank you, Cindy. That's great.

Terry- Oh that sounds very painful- I hope you're healing.

Lisa- my swelling has gone down- still have to keep the stitches 1 more week.

Anita- I sort of miss The Olympics- it was an exciting time.

Jeri- Thanks, I'm healing well. Glad you are going to get some test results soon.

Elaine- Yes, it was a very exciting Hockey game.

Kathy- I love the new songs too.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:00 am »

Time is flying by.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We had to make a trip to Birmingham, AL last week because of the death of Jerry's sister.  She was 86 and had been sick for several years.  We drove through that horrible rain Wednesday going over and Friday coming home.  Jerry did most of the driving.

Jean/AZ: enjoy the baseball.  We will be watching most of the March Madness.  One of the schools here is playing for the first time ever, Wofford College from Spartanburg.  Clemson will be playing Friday at 2:30! 

Harriet, hope your 2 week healing will go by quickly and painlessly.

Terry, you have had one thing after another.  So sorry about your fingers!  Ouch!

Glad the time changed as far as being light later, but do not like the dark in the morning!  It will take me a week to get use to it.

Jeri, good to hear your husband is feeling better.  I pray the test results will be good also.
Well, I have bunches of work to do, so better get busy.

Y'all have a great day.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2010, 11:42:17 am »

I'm a little late with the things going on here.
Terry, sorry about your accidents, maybe things will get better for you. Tell Sara I'm thinking about her.

Sharon, sorry about your S-I-L, I know you told me about her when I talked to you on the phone last week. Thanks for the info about ordering tickets, even tho I still messed up.

Harriet, hope you are better soon too.

Jeri, hopefully eveything goes well for you hubby.

"Gone Country"  From KY
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2010, 12:23:01 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS...I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT A WHOLE NEW WORLD THAT OPENED UP FOR ME YESTERDAY....I GOT ALL MY WINDOWS WASHED!!!  ALL THE RAIN MIXED WITH DUST WHICH=MUD...GONE.  EVERY TIME I THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING IT DONE..IT WOULD RAIN AGAIN (BELIEVE ME, I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE RAIN, ITS MORE THAN WELCOME HERE), BUT FINALLY WE ARE HAVING AN EXTENDED SPELL OF SUNSHINE.  THE NICEST PAIR OF YOUNG FELLOWS CAME AND FINISHED ALL THE WINDOWS IN NO TIME AT ALL, TIME WAS WHEN I COULD DO ALL THAT MYSELF (EVEN STORM WINDOWS BACK IN THE DAY). YESTERDAY IT REACHED 80 DEGREES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 190 DAYS, THE WEATHERMAN TELLS US.  JUST THINK OF THAT!  TODAY IT PROMISES TO BE IN THE EARLY 80'S TOO, AND I CAN ACTUALLY SEE IT.  BEFORE LONG I SUPPOSE WE WILL START GRIPEING ABOUT THE HEAT, ETC, THOUGH I TRY TO TAKE THAT WITH A SHRUG, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOVEL HOT.  AND I'VE SHOVELED PLENTY OF THE WHITE STUFF IN MY 78 YEARS.  
ALL YOU BASEBALL BUDDIES OUT THERE, I CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 11TH AND I CAN WATCH MY BELOVED TWINS, HARRIET, ONE OF MY FRIENDS HERE IS FROM THE EAST AND A GREAT RED SOX FAN, SO WE ROOT FOR EACH OTHES TEAM..EXCEPT WHEN THEY PLAY EACH OTHER, THAN ALL THAT GOES OUT THE WINDOW!  CUBS DRAW HUGE FANS HERE FOR SPRING TRAINING, AND THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF CONTROVERSY ABOUT BUILDING THEM A NEW STADIUM (OR THEY THREATENED TO LEAVE AND GO TO FLORIDA), ANY HOW THE EXPENSE FOR THE CITY OF MESA WILL BE HUGE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO GET IT BUILT.  GOOD IN THE LONG RUN, I THINK, BECAUSE THE CUBS BRING IN ALOT OF REVENUE, THEY DRAW THE BIGGEST CROWDS FROM OUT OF STATERS, FOR SURE.  THERE ARE ABOUT 12 OR MORE CLUBS THAT TRAIN HERE.  
THOSE OF YOU LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET TO AN ALAN CONCERT...THROW THE TALL FELLA A KISS FOR ME, WILL YOU???  CAN"T WAIT TO GET HIS ALBUM, WOULDN'T IT BE LOVELY TO GET A SIGNED ONE.  YOU ALL BE WELL NOW, AND I HOPE SPRING IS SPRINGING WHEREVER YOU ARE...

jean/az  allALANalways

PS, I THOUGHT THE OLYMPICS WERE ABSOLUTLEY WONDERFUL.  THE US/CANADA HOCKEY GAMES WERE THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN, DIDN'T MATTER IF YOU WERE A HOCKEY FAN OR NOT, SURE, I WAS ROOTING FOR THE U.S., BUT GLAD TO SEE CANADA WIN, TOO..IT IS THEIR NATIONAL SPORT, LIKE BASEBALL HERE, IT WAS JUST A THRILL TO WATCH.
BRAVO, CANADA...YOU "DID GOOD!!"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:29:21 pm by luvthataj » Logged
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »

Sharon, so sorry to hear about your SIL's passing. Thoughts and prayers.

Harriet, glad to hear you're making progress with your recovery. Continued prayers. Get well real soon and really looking forward to seeing and meeting you at Alan's concert. Aren't we lucky to be seating next to each other?

Tammy, looking forward to meeting you at Alan's concert too.

Jerri, continued prayers for you and your husband. Hope the test results are good.

Terry, OUCH! That must have really hurt. I can only imagine. You take care of yourself and hope and pray that your fingers and toe heals soon without further damage.

Jean-Az, good to see you posting again. I can't wait for the baseball season to start too. Although we're GA residents now, our family is still in support of our previous hometown team, the Seattle Mariners, and we've been hearing a lot of good/exciting things happening with their ball club lately. We'll be watching the Braves too, Harriet.

Hello, Elaine, Anita, Jean, Caz, Nelle, Jinx, Dizzy and everyone else I had amissed to mention. Take care all and HUGS.

BHR

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:37 pm »

Hi AJ Friends,

Jean A, congrats for the clean windows; lol. I can imagin what red desertdust and rain do with a window.

Sharon, so sorry about your sil. My deepest condolances.
We have "Meat & Wheels" here too. Very nice initiative of you.

Harriet, great seats you've got. Hope the toothpain is gone when you go see Alan.

Kathy, in Europe we turn our clocks ahead next month.

Elaine & Anita, i watched US - Canada too. We don't have ice-hockey on that level here. So ice-hockey is never on tv. But i was realy exited . What a game!

Wabbit, Your daughter isn't playing soccer i hope! lol.

Terry, it isn't you year. You can say that! Please be careful.

Jerrie, i still send prayers to your husband.

Hi Becky, BHR, AJTexasfan, Marilyn ,...  everybody

Everything oke with me. I'm training twice a week now for a tough cycling rally next month. The weather is splendid ,...still ?.
Take care everyone and enjoy Spring

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Just got done with my corned beef & cabbage dinner.  Yummy!  Cooked in the slow cooker - made some corn bread too.  Very Yummy!

Another beautiful day - sunny & 60's.  Have to enjoy it while it lasts.

JeanAZ - can't wait for the baseball season to start.  Cubs aren't doing too good in Spring Training, but that doesn't mean too much - gotta try out all those young guys.  Glad the Cubbies are staying in Mesa, I know their ST games always sell out.  They do bring a lot of revenue to the area.

JeanB - good luck with your bike training.

Take care everyone!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 07:54:46 pm »

Hi to all

Happy St. Paddy's day.  Didn't do any celebrating but did have a little drink tonight.
Jean B...way to go with your bike training.
Jean AZ----warm and sunny in Minnesota today but that won't last.   Waiting for the hot days of summer.
Harriet,  thinking of you-- you've been through so much with your teeth.
Terry,  take care of yourself.  Alan will be expecting to see you on his tour.
Jeri,  I continue to pray for you and your hubby.  Wish I could give you a hug.
Hope all is well with everyone.  Jewels continues to hang in there.  She's at 32 weeks and the doctor will make bedrest less restrictive if she goes another 3 weeks without having the baby.  She got a good report today.  Helped her mood because she has been so down lately.
Jana started a new job. 
The river is high.  Hubby went and put some heavy things on a dock so hopefully it won't float away.  The river hasn't crested yet and the water is already at the top of the dock and the level is higher than summer levels.  My area isn't in danger of flooding, so I have much to be thankful for.
Tomorrow I'm going to the doctor to have my ankle checked.  It's been hurting and I have no idea what I did to make it hurt so bad.  If I sit for any length of time, when I get up it's so painful and I walk with a limp and this has been going on for a week and not getting any better.  Oh well, the pains of growing old I guess.
Hugs and hope all is well.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 01:18:28 am »

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone,

Been working up to 12 hours a day getting this phase of the census done by the end of this week.  Been having to do a lot of 4 wheel drive areas as we only have a couple people that have 4 wheel vehicles.  At least the weather is co-operating, it was 79 here today, LOVE IT!!!  At least I have no more injuries to report...lol  I sure will be ready to see Alan in a few weeks in FL, GA, and SC. 

Hope everyone had a safe day. 

Sue, hope the river doesn't put you in any danger.

Jerrie, prayers to your hubby, hope the tests are all good.

Jean, have fun training for your cycling.  Any more remodeling to do?

Kathy, hope your nice weather continues.

Hi BHR, how do you like living in GA?

Sharon, so sorry about your SIL.  I know we talked that day but still wanted you and Jerry to know I was thinking about you.

Dot, I told Sara you were thinking about her, she said to tell you thanks.

Harriet, good to hear your mouth is healing well.

The memorial service on Monday was really nice. 

Well, off to finish some homework, then to bed.

Livin' On Love in California
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: