Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 09:27:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64155 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2010, 06:58:38 am »

Good Morning Y'all.

Thought I had written lately, but I guess I was just reading the posts.  All the beautiful blooms here in SC have given me hay fever!  So glad I don't have a lot going on today.  I didn't sleep very well last night, nose is stopped up and I'm sneezing. I'm taking antihistamines and it's helping.   But I LOVE SPRING! 

I entered a contest to win tickets for the Star of Fame, would be wonderful if I won.  But even if I don't, it's fun to enter.  I posted the website on the Tours/show section.  Hope that's ok, Cindy.  The contest is only good for a week.  Artista is sponsoring it through radio stations.  Check out your local radio stations to see if they offer it.

I got my Freight Train cd yesterday and also an autographed cover, or whatever it's called.  I'm gonna leave the cellophane on it and put it in here (computer room).  This is where I have most of my Alan Jackson stuff.  Of course, I do have something of his in every room of the house but the bathrooms. 

One of the men at church is such a good artist.  I asked him if he thought he could air brush a body pillow case of Alan Jackson.  We'll see how that goes.  Hmmmm, wonder what Jerry will say?  LOL!  The guy from church asked me if I wanted to snuggle with Alan.......silly question!  LOL! 

I'm taping the Today show.  I'm glad I got upgraded on Directv to DVD receiver.  Makes it so much easier not to miss any performances or appearances.  After I watch 'em, I just delete it when I want to.  Dizzy, he seems a little nervous to me on the ones this past weekend. 

Jerri, glad Denise's books helped you.  I learned some stuff about Denise from them and also Alan's great sense of humor!!!

Y'all have a great Tuesday! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2010, 07:29:15 am »

Sharon, it must be allergy season..My sister came by last night after beeing in MS in the Country House  and she never has allergy but she was sneezing and saying she was going to the Dr for it, after getting home.
(Yes Sharon Denise's book did help me get through so much, turning the grief of losing Mom over to God. She has that deep Faith in God that is Important to me in my life. Would love to meet her)Sharon you had to learn about Alan's sense of humor when reading the first book, remember when Alan got the leaf blower out, to help Denise dry her hair, now that's Alan. a funny guy!

Every year , whether it's cold in Florida or not we get this yellow junk all over our outdoor things. It's pollen from trees
and I'm allergic to pine..I take medication. I have an airclearner in my home, wish it would clean my house LOL

Lordy, got to run , they just said on "The Today Show", "Super Star , Alan Jackson is next! YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! later
Jerrie-MS-FL

Just had to edit this after having seen Alan on "The Today Show!" Alan was so relaxed, the Band smiling and he was in
his teasing mood. Love the Song "Hard Hat & a Hammer"and how he did it..adding "and Woman" on the end of song. Cute! !!he looked terrific..In Background I saw Matt watching Alan sing, Ann introduced him and she's super nice .

Love the fact they told about his Star in Hollywood and Alan's response, " now family can walk all over me" lol  He was so relaxed and that teased comedy side was coming through. He said "if they sent him a good review he might read it, but other than that, he doesn't pay much attention to them" ha Loved that! Can't get over how happy and relaxed Alan looked!  Not one bit nervous..  When I met him @ my M & G, to keep from getting antsy, I talked to him like I would anyone alse, and it helped the ole nerves....maybe Alan teased for this reason.. he really did a great job, better go !
might be more Alan on.. He looked marvelous!  What a rainy Day to be in NY! by Alan having to wait, they played other Songs in between other sequences, so we got to hear more of the Album, Yea!!! Matt talked about Alan  in between .
Better go it might be more songs! Loved this  and Alan being so relaxed and funny was great. Like he takes his work serious but at this point, he can relax and feel confident with his career. He got a good amount of time with Ann and that show is so rushed , but with Alan, she asked him a lot of questions and told about his Star! Considering the time they have.
Got to run, just in case Alan is on again at the end.. The Band looked happy too, Roger was smiling and others!

Love this CD! Did I say that Alan looked super when he smiled up Real close to the camera, I laughed( what a handsome face up close) Ha! Alan also said, when  they said" he had been married for 30 years and Matt said he looked 18", & when  Ann talked to Alan he teased" they married at 10" ha! strange that is the same thing I say LOL about being married so long..
Oh my!! Alan is coming back!!!, he was singing "It's Just That Way" later got to watch! he looks so Great! Sings so great too!
Enjoy this show! Can't wait for "Letterman"!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh MY! I just saw Alan's Black Bus outside the Studio  and also a huge long Limo waiting for Alan , I guess, who else lol
rain also, Be careful Alan and Guys, sounds like bad rain in NY today.. he will be coming up!!!!!!!!!
Oh My God, Kathie Leigh just showed a shot of Alan sitting on the couch with  Densie. Denise looked great w/Alan and perhaps that is why Alan was so happy and relaxed. can't wait to see the rest! Alan and Denise talked even more to Kathie Leigh and Hoda, they talked about marriage, keeping it strong, the girls , his career & music. Much more than ever before on the show.Love these sessions where they talk with Alan & Densie.Alan is really into keeping his marriage
fresh and Denise told about Alan having her coffee ready for her, when she came down the stairs. My husband does this for me too! we really work on our marriage to have fun & keep it fresh and sounds like that is exactly what Denise & Alan do. Alan likes to tease & have fun( not so much as to be tacky) but just enjoy his wife.. This has been our secret to a long marraige and we have so much fun. So nice to see Denise so happy and looking so sweet and happy.  Alan too!!
He will Sing another Song Next..YeeHaw! Alan did the Song "It's Just That Way" and it was fantastic! He did appear more seriuos with this.. but I love it when he acts more free to just enjoy and have fun. I suppose it was beacuse this was a serious song..Love to see the Band smile more! Just a great appearance on The Today Show!
I may not be able to go to Alan's Concerts here due to my husband being ill, but to see Him perform on Live TV is the next best thing. We will be going later on and taking our Family with us, when hubby gets better, I pray.. Please make it soon!
Jerrie-MS & FL

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:15:39 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 11:41:59 am »

Sharron i love the azaleas in S.C. ...I didn't get my c.d. today either...The one thing I like about the dvr is you can go back a see it again and again...don't know but I thought that Alan was more relaxed on his interviews this time that any before...The pine tree pollen is really bad now..I will be able to see Alan in Orlando the 9th...sorry you can't make it here also...we could all have a M & G ourselves.  I wil see Terry I feel sure.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2010, 01:32:56 pm »

Sharron i love the azaleas in S.C. ...I didn't get my c.d. today either...The one thing I like about the dvr is you can go back a see it again and again...don't know but I thought that Alan was more relaxed on his interviews this time that any before...The pine tree pollen is really bad now..I will be able to see Alan in Orlando the 9th...sorry you can't make it here also...we could all have a M & G ourselves.  I wil see Terry I feel sure.

Dizzy,

I agree, Alan was much  more relaxed on the Today Show. Perhaps he was happy Denise was there or he was having a lot of fun.. Note he got serious when he did "It's Just That Way", so maybe he gets into his work, he is totally concentrated on it.
Dizzy, I found out on Gator Country when you see Alan in Orlando @ UCF, guess who is with him  Special Guests: Josh Turner & Chris Young. I love Chris Youngs new Song & Josh is a good Guy! You know who my favorite Singer is ha!
 a lot of Singers are touring and having Guests, maybe  it helps fill the Venue's. easier..
Enjoy the Concert.
To have a Fan Club meet and greet sounds nice..
I just downloaded Alan's CD from I-Tunes and  also did a review, after hearing it..I did the countdown and had bought a few and when you buy the last one it goes to the Album. I could not resist it, even if I got my copy yesterday..Dizzy
perhaps yours being late means your will be signed by Alan.

PS Wondering why he had Leeann womack sing with him? Alan should go for a new Country Girl singer and give them a chance at stardom.I like Emily West..Carrie Underwood for the touching songs.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2010, 01:48:01 pm »

Kathy congrts on getting a CD that is
signed.
Sharon sorry to hear you have hay fever.
The pollen drives me crazy every year.
Jeri I saw Alan and Denise onthe Today
show.They both looked so relaxed.
Dizzy I hope you get your CD soon.
Having a wonderul sunny day here
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2010, 03:12:11 pm »

Alan did seem more relaxed on the Today show.  I didn't see the interview with Kathy later, or Denise.  Loved seeing Monty and Roger is really letting his hair grow! 

April is the time to come to Charleston, SC and see the Azaleas.  We have a few in our yard.  My cherry trees are just beginning to bud and the dogwoods are ready to bud also. 

I finally got a chance to listen to the new cd.  I love it.  I really like "Freight Train".  Hope he sings that at the concert.  Makes me dance.

That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 03:20:57 pm »

Sharon - are you perpetually cheery?  I always smile when I read your stuff.

Spring is springing in NW OH too - the crocus are up, the lilac is budding as are the trees - grass is greening up - saw some deer eating winter wheat today - been awhile since they have had anything green to eat.  I love the new CD - Every now and then is my favorite but I agree - Freight Train makes me want to dance.  One more day and we are in April - my oh my - I need to go get a ham for Sunday and my baby turns 32 on Good Friday - he is moving away in 6 weeks - far away and I am not happy but I am trying hard to keep a happy note and a smile so he will miss what he is leaving behind.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 05:08:47 pm »

HI DEAR ONES!  GOT ALAN'S NEW CD FROM THE CLUB, AND ISN'T IT WONDERFUL!  AND THE COVER STORY ON COUNTRY WEEKLY..SO GLAD THE CLUB LETS US KNOW ABOUT THAT, BECAUSE I DON'T ALWAYS SHOP AT THE SUPERMARKET THAT CARRIES IT, BUT I SURE DID HUSTLE RIGHT OVER THERE TO GET IT!  WHAT A TALENT, AND WHAT A GOOD MAN OUR ALAN IS.
HAVE GOTTEN TO WATCH 2 OF MY TWINS SPRING TRAINING GAMES FROM FLA. SO FAR. I WAS OVERJOYED THAT WE GOT OUR JOE MAUER SIGNED TO AN 8 YR CONTRACT, THO SPORT CONTRACTS IN GENERAL ARE  WAY, WAY OVERDONE.  HE IS A "HOMETOWN BOY" AND A REALLY FINE YOUNG MAN, QUIET, POLITE TO ALL, AND A ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS.  LET US HOPE HE WITHSTANDS THE TEST OF MONEY AND FAME!!!  BEEN WATCHING THE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT GAMES TOO, BOY HAVE THERE EVER BEEN SOME UPSETS THERE..LOVE TO SEE THE SMALL WHO-DAT TEAMS COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND WIN AGAINST THE BIG BOYS...EVEN THO MY FAVORITE "BIG BOY", KANSAS, FELL EARLY AND HARD.  THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!  I LIKE MOST SPORTS, EXCEPT MAYBE CAR RACING, BUT BASEBALL IS TRULY MY LOVE.  GUESS YOU HAVE GUESSED THAT BY NOW!
GOING TO HAVE WENDY AND FAMILY FOR EASTER DINNER, DON'T DO MUCH "BIG" COOKING ANYMORE, BUT THIS WAY I CAN CATCH UP ON SPENCE'S COLLEGE NEWS, AND AARONS HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES.  OH...AND SPENCE WILL SURELY CLEAR UP SOME OF MY COMPUTER GLITCHES.  THAT BOY IS A GENIUS!!  AND SO SWEET ABOUT MY BLUNDERS.
YOU ALL KEEP WELL, AND WARM, AND ENJOYING ALL SPRING HAS TO OFFER...

jean-az/allALANalways
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »

Alan did seem more relaxed on the Today show.  I didn't see the interview with Kathy later, or Denise.  Loved seeing Monty and Roger is really letting his hair grow!  

April is the time to come to Charleston, SC and see the Azaleas.  We have a few in our yard.  My cherry trees are just beginning to bud and the dogwoods are ready to bud also.  

I finally got a chance to listen to the new cd.  I love it.  I really like "Freight Train".  Hope he sings that at the concert.  Makes me dance.

Sharon, I just love to read your posts, telling about the flowers etc..All we have now is pollen from the trees.I can't get out without getting sick.. even inside the pollen drifts & I have an air cleaner. Sharon I noted that monty's hair looked cute, I shook hands with him in St Augustine , last time. Roger I said hello to, at my meet & Greet..His hair was nice and short then but styled looking. he is nice looking in person. My husband said "is Roger trying the Albert Schweitzer Look for NY" LOL, you have to know how he teases to understand that man.ha! well Albert was a Musician etc as well. ha!
The interview with Alan and Denise was with Hoda and Katie Leigh at the last. Alan was so relaxed & sweet and so was Denise.I'm glad Kathie stayed nice  while talking to them, you know how she always teases, but Denise is so sweet, she set the conversation. It was a nice surprise to see them on the couch waiting and Alan waving ha!
Harriet, you were saying you forgot the code, I think I left it out also. I don't remember putting it on the order. Like someone sadi, the Music is the main thing. Harriet, I am not a fan of leeann's exactly, I wish Alan had done that one with another lady singer.I like "It's Just That way" but can't decide on a favorite..some are more uptempo..I'll have to listen more..I called and heard the Alan message, it sounds like he is on a boat  ha! I ordered the whole album from I-Tunes, to listen to as I'm on the computer..I wanted the Ipod, I don't have one that works now ha! my grand Teens have all of that
 Gotta go do my husband's dinner. late  too. Take care all and enjoy your concerts, wish my hubby wasn't ill.
later, Jerrie-FL-& MS

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:47:39 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:17 pm »

Sharon, I'm like you - I keep reading all the posts and think I have posted and when I look later, I guess I didn't.  I like the reading part!
Taped the Today Show to watch tonight - but didn't tape far enough to the see the last song, I'll have to watch the links that someone posted.   Alan & Denise looked so cute together - they are a beautiful couple.   It was funny to hear their reactions to the old prom picture.
I will be staying up late to watch Letterman - hope they talk a little.  They don't always - just the music.

Baseball season starts next week!!  This Cubs fan's hope springs eternal!  JeanAZ, glad to see your Twins got Maurer aboard.
Only one more day of March - time really does get away from me any more.   Looking forward to retirement so I won't have to go so fast!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 11:10:58 pm »

Hi to all AJ fans,

Busy, busy day.   Had K registration so I had to man the support staff table.  Very good turnout tonight.  Long day, so I'm typing to stay awake so I can catch Alan on the Letterman show.
Was hoping Alan would appear on the Today show before I left for work but that didn't happen.  But I was fortunate he appeared before school started, so a couple of teachers and myself watched him perform.  Sorry I missed the Alan and Denise interview but did see it online.  Alan was exceptionally relaxed and so funny.  Love his light-hearted side.
My ankle continues to give me pain....especially when I'm so tired and have been going full speed today.  But tomorrow is a work day and no kids.
Jewels had a scare yesterday , false alarm, but the baby decided to stay in mommy's tummy and we are so grateful.
Jean,  be careful with all your work and remodeling.
Elaine, great you had company.  Love it when my kids are home.
Congrats to all who got signed items.  I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one who didn't get anything special.  Really enjoying the album and so looking forward to the Chicago concert.
Jerie, so sorry to hear about your nephew's friend.  That is the worst.  So sudden and so hard to understand.
We had a gorgeous day today....mid seventies.....and a very warm evening.  Oh summer is on the way!  Loving every minute.
Take care all.
Take care all.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:13:03 pm by suem » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2010, 08:15:11 am »

Just got up & had coffee with hubby after staying up to watch Alan on Dave Letterman last night. AS usual they never leave enough time to talk to the Singers but Alan and The Strayhorns were great. Dave did have time to shake hands with Alan. They all looked great as usual. Not a very good show on "Letterman", his part..

Is anyone planning a nice Easter weekend thus far? I decided to maybe cook a Honeybaked ham and buy potato salad at  also cook green beans or get them at the deli and rolls. a dessert and take it by my daughter's for their dinner. It would be on our way to Church and she works. we need to do something different, hubby has tests again this week.Still not up to par..
Soon will be selling the Country house, too far in MS for us to go a lot.. Hubby brought in for me the Country weekly
Funny but I was reading it, (the April Country weekly I guess it is w/Alan's photo,) that he often goes driving down the Natchez Trace in one of his old cars and enjoys the drive. Great Photo of Alan on this one! Has Alan bulked up some?,I think so. When I saw him in MS last of last year, he was tall & thinner. He looks in great shape, so does Denise..
we went back through Natchez Trace from MS to Nashville and it's so nice and no traffic much. I wanted to stop and see the natural springs, so we got out of the car and strolled across a little path through the woods , it was so lovely. Hubby said
"This is like we used to do with the children and go camping out." I love anything nature and write Poetry about it, but this day we had walked a good way & it the birds chirping and butterflies & suddenly it sound like a  rustling coming near us. I told hubby quietly to head back to the car & we backed out & opened the car with the key fast from a distance.. I said" what if it's a Bear" Hubby said " well we're not going to be his dinner" ha! I'll never forget that.
So thankful we took our grand Teens to NY before hubby got ill. If you ever get a chance , see the NY Met Museum. It was a great showing when we were there, my Teens like Vemeer's work & it was on exhibit.I could have stayed there longer but time was limited. At least the Teens will remember that trip w/us..I wish our children's children could have know how times were when I was young, so much different today.No crime much then, just a whole different culture. But they will have their own time to discover and that will be exciting. One teen is great in Art, must have gotten that from my husband.neither are musical but honor students, so that is wonderful.

I hope April will not be pollen month too, this month has reeked havoc for one w/allergy.. wabbit we were thinking of building a log  cabin to visit on weekends in TN as my son lives near Nashville, but since hubby has suddenly gotten ill, we wont be doing that..I really hate the Florida Hurricanes and the humidity, but at least we are near family.
Is anyone else thinking of downsizing or just making your home more convenient for laterto enjoy!.Since hubby got ill it was a wakeup call for us, to not wait & enjoy his retirement more.Sue I guess you are pretty much settled there, since your daughter has another addition coming. Good luck to her. You can always visit your pretty daughter in FL..most people have time shares here, if they don't want to buy a condo on the beach. my son does.

I can't wait to hear about all the Concerts in MY STATE and this will be our first in years to miss. I can't go without my husband, being ill he needs me here..He does go back and work a few days a week.
Terry be sure to tell us all about Alan getting his Star! I wish he would get a few nominations and awards, he certainly deserves them..I write and ask why he isn't included always and they answer. His work certainly is worthy, why wait until he is old to give him  awards, makes me so angry.

You guys make lots of photos and show us of all the concerts in Florida, I will so miss this. I usually make a few to post..
too busy watching Alan sing. Sharon do you know Monty's family well? He is super nice, shook hands with him last concert here, those guys work, his hands were  so huge and strong, with my skinny fingers..Did you guys ever notice Alan has such nice hands.He must get manicured, heck Dad was a farmer but he always washed his hands and put some kind of cream on his hands, they had to look good as he served communion on Sundays. I always love my husbands hands as we hold hands a lot.why in the heck am I telling this LOL having my morning coffee, got to get busy, all of you take care!
Maybe I'll get a life soon & not bore everyone, sorry.Sue, mother hen here, please have that ankle checked out hon..Sue don't feel bad, I din't get anything signed or a Print or an I-Pod. I would have loved the I-Pod filled with Alan's music..&I bought the music of Freight Train plus give him a review on I-Tunes and at Alan's Store early on..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:56:04 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2010, 11:16:00 am »

Almost noon, so Good Afternoon,

Gayle, I'm mostly cheery.....when I'm not, I don't feel like posting, lol!

Watched the Letterman show this morning with my coffee too and the Biggest Loser.  Anyone else watch that?  I'm not watching AI this season, just couldn't get into it.

Jeri, I know some of Monty's family better than others.  His cousin Patti & I have been friends for about 20 years. I didn't know Monty until he started playing with the Strayhorns.  I had heard of him, because the local news published what he was doing in Nashville.  This is a fairly small county and if you live here long enough, you get to know one another.  I'm not originally from Union, but have lived here for 38 years.  My children went to school here and my son was just 10 months old when we moved here from FL. 

Jeri, liked your husband's comment about Roger having the Albert Schweizer look for NY.  Either that or Einstein.  I also noticed how nice Alan's hands are.

My allergies are some better, taking a small dose of benadryl (sp)  It's warming up and I turned off the furnace. 

I'll be watching the NCAA basketball games this weekend.  Hope Duke holds on.  All the teams look good.  Not planning anything special for Easter.  We're having sunrise service and I know my son & family will be going to their church and probably over to his MIL's for dinner.  I am baking a ham and plan to have macaroni/cheese and potato salad.  My husband is very easy to cook for and sometimes he even does the cooking. 

Sue, glad your grandbabies are staying put for a while.  Y'all are in my prayers.

Y'all have a good Wednesday.

That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2010, 01:47:54 pm »

Sharon I love Azaleas they are so pretty.
January it is hard to see our kids move
away.My son and Deb lived with me for
nine months after my hubby passed.Then
they moved to Alberta.I hated seeing him go
but he had to go where the work was.I still
have my daughter here plus all my family except
one sister.
Jean enjoy having your family over for Easter.
My daughter is doing the Easter dinner this
year.
Jeri sorry the pollen is getting to you.I
think I am one of the few that like Leeann's
singing with Alan.
Sue I pray you will find out what is causing
the pain in your ankle.It must be very annoying
to you.
Having a beautiful day.The buds have now popped
open on the trees and the grass is green again.
Elaine

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »

Hi Alan fans.  We are having beautiful weather here in NW Ohio.  March is going out like a lamb.  It is so warm I have my windows open for some fresh air.  Our lilacs and roses are developing buds, the iris are shooting up and the grass is green.  I love spring.  It's such a hopeful time.

I've been enjoying Alan's promotion of Freight Train!  And looking forward to the concerts in Rosemont and Ft. Wayne in 1 more month.  I'm hoping to win front row or a meet and greet.  Congrats to all those who have been so blessed.

Our children and grands will be here for Easter Sunday dinner and celebrate our Savior together.  But I'm just a little sad because the timing didn't work out to get together with my dad and sibling's families.

Also asking for prayer for my uncle Ken.  He has stage 4 cancer and tumor on his spine that they couldn't get and the cancer had already spread to his lungs before they discovered it. I don't know all the details but he is undergoing radiation treatments, just trying to do whatever possible. Please lift him up.

Happy Alan sitings everyone.   

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: