Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 04:53:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64544 times)
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:43 pm »

Garsh!
Will I EVER get caught back up here?
I STILL have no computer at home Angry

Have very little time for the library here. Don't know why they won't keep it open the hours that I need it.

Got here just in time looks like,Alan is coming to Lexington and tickets go on sale in 4 days! I almost missed it.

Got my pre-order in though. Cheesy

Hope everyone's weather is to their liking. We FINALLY have some sunshine. Don't think it gong to last long,rain for tomorrow I believe.
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 05:03:03 pm »

HI FRIENDS, MY GOSH I FEEL ALMOST LIKE A "STRANGER IN THESE PARTS", I MEAN TO GET ON OFTENER, AND TIME JUST GETS AWAY FROM ME. 
WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT IN THE FIRST 2 MONTHS OF THIS YEAR, WE HAVE HAD MORE RAIN HERE THAN ALL OF LAST YEAR...AND WE ARE WAY AHEAD OF WHAT WE NORMALLY WOULD HAVE.  IT JUST BUSTS OUT RAINING EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND!!  NOT COMPLAINING, YOU UNDERSTAND, BUT BOY, IS THIS RARE FOR THE DESERT.  ITS CLOUDY, CHILLY (OK, BY ARIZONA STANDARDS ITS CHILLY) AGAIN TODAY.  I DO FEEL FOR THE SNOWBIRDS THAT COME DOWN FOR AWHILE TO GOLF ETC.  AND THE WILDFLOWERS ALL OVER THE PLACE WILL BE GORGEOUS, ITS ALREADY GREEN EVEN ON THE SURROUNDING MOUNTAINS...COURSE, WHEN IT FINALLY DOES HEAT UP, THEY WILL BE BROWN AND DRY AS TINDER, SO THE FIRE DANGER WILL BE UP.  AND IT WILL HEAT UP AGAIN....WON'T IT??
ONE GREAT THING THOUGH!  I SIGNED UP FOR THE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PACKAGE ON OUR CABLE TV, IT WILL START BROADCASTING THE GAMES ON APRIL 11TH...AND I WILL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW MY OWN "BOYS OF SUMMER", MY MINNESOTA TWINS.  SO PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR MY USUAL BASEBALL BLABBING! 
WASN'T THE OSCAR BROADCAST FUN LAST EVE, LOVE TO SEE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL (AND A FEW NOT SO) GOWNS ETC.  GLAD TO SEE JEFF BRIDGES WIN, THOUGHT HE WAS JUST GREAT IN "CRAZY HEART" , AND THOUGH I REALLY LIKE SANDRA BULLOCK AND "BLIND SIDE", ITS HARD TO COMPARE IT TO HELEN MIRREN'S PERFORMANCE IN "THE LAST TRAIN", BUT THEN I SOMETIMES FEEL THEY SHOULD HAVE A SEPERATE CATEGORY FOR THE BRITS...AND DIDN'T COLIN FIRTH LOOK HANDSOME..AS ALWAYS.  HOPE YOU ARE ALL "HANDSOME AND HEALTHY" TOO!   Grin 
BE WELL AND STAY WELL...

jean/az  allALANalways
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:06:59 pm by luvthataj » Logged
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 07:34:58 pm »

I got my e-mail from Cindy saying I have tickets for the Chicago show!  WOOHOO!!  Can't wait - hope I get a M&G, too! 

JeanAZ - I'm so excited that the baseball season is starting again.  They have been televising some of the Cubs spring season games already on WGN.  It's so nice to see the sun when they play - sorry you are getting so much rain.  The weather has been weird everywhere this year.

It was foggy here today - pea soup stuff.  Warming up though - mid 40's today.  I know it'll get cold again, but it won't stick around and that's a good thing.

Watched the Oscars last night - I haven't seen any of the nominated pictures.  I'll have to order them On Demand & watch some of them now that they are being released to DVD.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 08:17:25 pm »

Jeri, I heard your song request being fulfilled on the Crook & Chase
Top 30 Countdown this weekend.  You might be able to catch a
live stream of it somewhere still.  It was towards the end...around
the time they played the #6 song...where they added "Remember When"
for you.  I was sure it was you...and then when it was an AJ song, I
knew for sure.

Yes! It was me.. It was Sunday here and I was feeling blue and asked them to do this Song for my husband, However, I didn't say "he was fighting for his life", I said he was diagnosed with pancreas Inflamation & they sent him to a cancer center. I have been so nervous with all the tests etc.  So Sunday Morning we could not go to Church and when I heard them say it was a request coming up, for us by Alan Jackson, I told my Husband to come sit in the study & listen with me. He did, then they played it for us... It is one of about the first times I have seen my Husband cry. he hugged me for doing it. We are going to be ok, Drs still are doing tests and aren't sure yet, the cat-scan should show more clearly..coming up this week.He has lost weight but is not in bad pain now.. he takes meds and always will for the pancreas problem.. we are Giving it to God, as we are true believers..We have lived our life this way. Glad you caught it, thanks for telling me. I love that Song when Alan sings it. It's so much a  memory of our life.. we would definitely be at Alan's Concerts here if we could but my husband is too weak. we have driven there many times and even further. I hate not being able to see him. But as someone said the memory of the M&G was wonderful for me..I'll never forget that one. It was Heaven!
Listen I hear the strange food combo's, I might have heard yours too ha!
I hope all of the Fans going, enjoy the Concerts. Perhaps someone from here will get a M&G too. Everyone reading take care and thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. Hugs to all, Jerrie-FL-MS
PS- The Song by Alan, I  requested on Crook & Chase Show was "Remember When". They were so nice to do it. Lorianne loves that song also.Something healing about Alan's Songs. and his voice.
Jean/AZ so gald to see you back too.( So sorry to note about Evie,will pray for her, bless her heart..Elaine, thanks for posting, hope you are fine and all of you, Harriet, I hope all goes well at the dentist etc..Hubby only has a few at a time done. hugs to you too..Sue I hope you & family are fine. Kathy, Terry, Sharon, Louann and all of you regulars who post..
all reading.. Thanks for telling me you heard it ok..mar4aej
God Bless, Jerrie-FL-MS
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:33:48 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:08 pm »

Lisa sorry you don't have a home computer
The library hrs are not good for a working
person.
Jean(AZ) Nice tha tyou are having enough rain
to keep everything green.Glad you will get  to
enjoy all your teams games this year.
Kathy I watched the Oscars would love to see
Jeff Bridges movie.
Jeri sorry to hear your hubby is still going through
a lot of tests.I keep him in my prayers.
Harriet thinking of you today.Praying all went
well with your surgery.
We are having a sunny day but not that warm.Only in
the forties this morning.
Elaine

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:01 am »

You are welcome, Jeri.  It is amazing... I was driving home alone from
an overnite stay with a friend after seeing Trace, Martina and Sarah
the nite before...  And when they sd this song request is from Jeri with
an 'i' to Jerry with a 'y'...and Jacksonville, FL... and Thennnn Alan's song
was played I just Knew for sure it was your request.
That is darling that you two were able to take that time together to
hear it.  So sorry it made him cry...but that makes him a keeper, too. Wink
Hope he improves steadily and this is just a glitch on his journey thru
Life.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 05:11:25 pm »

Hello Friends. Just to let you all know I am doing well after implant surgery yesterday. They placed 8 upper implants & used conscious sedation. It went fine & I am having much less discomfort today. Have to take it easy for awhile & eat soft foods. My stitches will be removed in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will be fine for Alan's concert.

Jeri- How sweet that you dedicated Remeber When to Jerry. You are so thoughtful & kind.

Hello, Marilyn, nice to see you post.

Elaine- Thanks for your prayers. They worked.

Lisa- Sorry to hear of your computer frustrations.

Kathy- Glad to hear your tickets are confirmed.

Jean-AZ- I share your excitement about the coming baseball season. As you are watching your Twins I will be watching my Braves as many games as possible.

Becky- Glad you had fun in Nashville. I love to go there.[

Again thanks &  love to all of you for your thoughts & payers regarding my dental surgery. So far I am pleased with the results./b]

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 05:50:08 pm »

Harriet, so glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are doing good.  Nothing like a good Alan Jackson concert to make you feel good whether you do or not - but sounds like you will be in great shape by concert time!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:50 pm »

Harriet, glad to hear everything went well with your surgery.  Take it easy & rest up for the AJ concert.  Go over to YouTube and they have the track by track interviews with Alan (just like they did for Good Time).  Today he is talking about Hard Hat & a Hammer.  That will make you feel much better!!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:21 am »

Hi to all AJ fans,

Jeri, I am praying for your husband and your family.   This is a very scary time for you and your time.  Putting it in God's hands that all will be well.
Harriet, good to read the news that your surgery went well.
Jean-AZ,    will be keeping track of the boys of summer too.  We cheer for the same team!  My parents have enjoyed their winter in AZ and haven't complained about too much rain so that's good. 
Kathy,  I have tickets for Rosemont.....hope to see you again!
Jewels continues to hang in.....she's at 32 weeks now and we are thankful for every day the little guy doesn't come.  She's bored and restless.  Anyone have any creative ideas of things I could take to her to break up the boredom....done meals, books, puzzles.
Take care all......special prayers for Jeri....
Stay safe and I know we are counting down the days until the album and our next AJ concert.

wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 01:50:24 pm »

Hullo Everyone!
A rainy day here in Tennessee.
Of course,my day off.

Back at the Ol' Library.
This librarian,she is working my last nerve.
They have it posted everywhere,"No talking on cell phones".
You are to take them outside and have them on vibrate inside.

I think that should inc. the employees.
She keeps going in and out,talking and laughing on her phone and not even trying to be quiet.

Everytime someone enters or exis,the door dings.

I have to walk past her cigarette smoke when I came in.
She was outside under the little awning because it was raining.
Right in the doorway.

Thoughts to you dealing with the pancreas issues.
A friend has those.

Continued good luck with the dental surgery.

I watched some of the Oscars.
Haven't really seen the movies that got the noms though.
I mainly watched to see the gowns and My George. Wink

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:31 pm »

Thanks, Harriet.

Jeri, is your husband finished yet with this week's tests?

Sue and Jean in AZ, have fun with those baseball broadcasts.
It always takes me right back to a neighbor's admiration for the
Cards and only having radio broadcasts 'back then' to hear them.

Lisa, sorry it is raining there... we are to have t-storms later and
see how bad things are southeast of Indy today on the radar.
Of course, I thought of you when I saw a celeb newscaster mentioning
George's new haircut... for his fiance'...

Sorry not to address each of you but am about to go offline here.
Still have it all crossed that Alan keeeeps that Champaign date and
that the sale date is shown soon.

Take care everyone.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »

Harriet I am so happy you will be ok
for the concert.
Sue happy to read that Jewel is still
doing ok.I oray she will make it to the end.
Mar4 sorry to hear your getting storms.I hate
them .Georgie followes me around when it storms.
It is not as warm as it has been.Suppose to
get warm after the weekend.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:03 pm »

Hello, friends. Today I wrote to the fan club to see where my seats are for the concert but haven't heard back yet. I know they are confirmed. Still making my way through this recovery from dental surgery. My upper lip is still swollen so today started putting ice on it.

Thanks, AJTexasfan & I am really looking forward to the concert. Applied for a Meet & Greet too.

Kathy- Thanks & yes, anything Alan makes me feel good.

Sue- Glad Jewels has made it this far. Sorry she is so bored & restless. As one who has been told to take it easy for my dental recovery I can say the iPod & the cable TV have helped me.

Lisa- Hope that librarian gets off your last nerve.

Terry- glad you are going to Alan's Hollywood Star of Fame ceremony.

Hello to Elaine & Marilyn.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 10:54:20 pm »

Evening everyone,

Harriet, good to hear your dental work went well. 

Lisa, good to see you on here.  Sorry the librarian is being such a pain.

Jeri, hope your hubby is doing better.

I think the census is trying to kill me.  First I broke my toe, and today while out in the middle of nowhere, the wind caught my truck door and completely shut on my right fingers, cut the middle finger to the bone, right at the knuckle and my ring fingernail is purple.  (So typing is once again a challenge) I really am not accident prone!!!!  This phase of the census will be done the first of next week and sure hope to be hired for the next phase.  I'm checking the areas that need 4 wheel drive now.

The memorial service for Sara's baby is Monday so I hope that helps her get some closure.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Livin' On Love in California
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: