Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 01:13:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64525 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:28 pm »

Hello!!
Looks like we will have a lot of TV with Alan and that is Great since we can't go to his Concerts here...a first with him this close. Due to illiness we can't but we can watch all the shows and get the CD. I got an Email saying it was on it's way and I downloaded it on I-Tunes also. Love the music! I thought the CW Review said nice things about Alan and really pegged his career and how it has been. The only mistake was about the "Taylor Swift" comment.. Not knowing the song was about Alan's" Mattie" a sweet song..We all go through this and it is a huge change for parents..The children enjoy seeing
and doing things and discovering the world, it is not always as beautiful and nice as one thinks, that's why they return home to see us LOL j/k..
Nelle, not to worry about your typing, I'm the world's worst...Your caring thoughts are from the heart and done so eloquent
I'm so grateful to have had you AJ Fans during my husband's illiness etc.. it meant the world to me to know your were praying for him.. Thanks so much...
BHR, I will keep your neice in my prayers also and you & your loved ones..so sorry..Bless your heart..

Harriet, thanks for your kind words and from all of you..
Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes and thoughts. More tests but he is doing better..prayers were answered.

All of you take care and please keep us informed about Alan's upcoming Concerts and how much you enjoyed them!
Stay safe all of you traveling..Terry, I know you will be flying. Oh I hope some of you get that Meet and greet, also front row..!! I want another Meet and Greet someday, just to tell him how I admire his work etc.again ha
Take care ALL OF YOU and God Bless, Jerrie-MS-FL

PS- Denise's Books were such a  comfort for me to read during my hubby's hospital stay..Her faith was so inspiring for me.
I wish she knew how I literally cried and turned it all over to God, as she had done..with the Love of my Life ill. l had the kind of Peace, she explains in her book.. Thanks Denise! GOD BLESS!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:58:12 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2010, 08:29:59 am »

Good MorningEveryone!
It appears to be a windy start to the day here in East TN.
Weatherman said last night our best chance of rain was for this evening/tonight.
I think he got it wrong because the roads are wet outside.

Hope the weather is nice where ever you are.
Gotta run to Knoxville,
my son needs a new scout shirt for our trip to Washington DC this summer.
We tried to get past not having to buy a new one once he made Eagle last August but
guess we gotta bite the bullet now.

The birds are chirping despite the wind,might turn put to be not so bad afterall.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2010, 12:54:23 pm »

Jeri so glad your hubby is doing much better.
I am glad Denise's book helped you through
the rough times.
Wabbit hope you start getting some nice
weather.
We have a nice sunny day.In the 60 so
far this morning .Suppose to get in the
7o this afternoon.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »

Hi all,
Happy concert going to all who are going to the April AJ concerts.
Elaine, I'm so sorry I didn't post on your birthday.  Hope it was a special day for you.
Wish I could join the fans who will be attending Alan's hollywood star event.  What an honor and it would be so special to watch alan receiving this special award.
Work is very busy.  My last afterschool class was last night.  Spring is in the air, and the students are showing signs of restlessness.
Jewels continues to do well, so I thank everyone who was so kind to include her in their prayers.  It meant a lot and she is now 34 weeks.  We are starting to feel confident all will end well.
Jerie,  happy to hear the news about your hubby.  Giving all to God does make situations bearable.  Prayer works miracles.
My parents are flying home Wednesday from Arizona.  Talked my dad into leaving the car there.  I always worry when they drive long distances.  Good to have them home for a while.
Take care all.  Am looking forward to all the Alan events.

sue

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2010, 11:47:09 am »

Hi everyone.  Jeri thank you so much for your kind, nice, sweet, and understanding words to me. I am praying for your husband and you with all my heart.     Suem I am so happy to hear Jewels is doing well.    Elaine sounds like you are having a heat wave, enjoy it, it was 33 degrees here this morning.      To Harriet and all those going to concerts in April have a great time.   Take Care    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2010, 06:55:22 pm »

What a wonderful weekend of Alan sightings on the TV.  Both Top Twenties & CMT Insider were great interviews.  AJ looking GOOD!!!   
And tonight (and this weekend) Aquapalooza - Tuesday is Today Show & Letterman.   Love it when he's out there promoting a new CD!!   And there is still April to come with more appearances.  May 1st is the concert in Chicago.  I'm in AJ heaven!
Tuesday the CD comes out - WOOHOO!!  Got my e-mail that my copy is being shipped today - can't wait to listen to the whole thing.  This smaller sampling on Soundcheck sure is A Good Thing!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2010, 03:01:55 pm »

Hello to all of you great AJ Fans. This is a good time for us with the album release comng up. I am doing well & continuing to heal now that the stitches are out. Thanks for all your well-wishes.

January- Now just 2 more days til the Train pulls into the station.

Nelle- Hope you are doing well.Thanks for requesting Alan's single at radio.

Jeri- Glad to hear Jerry is doing better.You two have a very strong bond.

Lisa- How close are you to Pigeon Forge- one of our favorite vacation spots & trying to find a week we can go soon.

Elaine- I'm with you & Jeri- Denise's books helped me so much.

Sue- glad Jewels has reached 34 weeks- that is excellent.

Kathy- also looking forward to Alan's TV appearances.

Love to All.
[size]

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2010, 04:54:44 pm »

He seem so relaxed on all his interview so far...I love the samples of the album on Amazonmuusic.///

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »

Lisa- How close are you to Pigeon Forge- one of our favorite vacation spots & trying to find a week we can go soon.
I am about 65 miles north of Knoxville.
Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to Pigeon Forge.
Am going there next month for a Food Service Show for work.
Hope to hit the Scrapbook Super Store & Clearance Store at Governor's Crossing that weekend.

Now just 2 more days til the Train pulls into the station
I would be happy if the train stopped here tomorrow.

Been raining here on and off today.
Thunder and lightening earlier.

Went to Cracker Barrel this afternoon.
Service was waayyyy slow.
Had to go ask what was taking our food so long.

Waitress ask if everything was O.K.,told her yes.
She said ,"Just O.K., not wonderful?" Told her nope,just O.K.
Think she was surprised.

Only some of Alan's things were on sale there today.
I forget which ones.
No shirts or cookbook though.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »

Hi all,

Had a good weekend with catching Alan on CMT and GAC.  Getting me pumped for Chicago!  Also received an email from Cindy informing me that my tickets were processed and I could request to find out my seat assignment.  Promptly replied!
My weekend was very sweet as we took our favorite little man shopping and out for pizza Saturday.  Oh my he is busy but sooooooooo  fun.  Sound like a broken record but he just melts my heart.  I can't imagine what the second little guy is going to do to my brain----probably turn it into mush!
Also visited my neighbor.  Her daughter and family are home from New York for a few weeks.  Hubby is in the military.  She had a baby girl three weeks ago..  So cute, all dressed in pink!
I erred in my previous post.  Jewels is 33 weeks but measuring at 34 weeks.   Can't keep things straight.  Thanks for your prayers.
Two days of teaching and one work day......lots of Alan on Tuesday. Mom and Dad return from their winter Arizona home to MN. Looking to be a great week.
Terry, hubby starts his census work Thursday.
Jerrie, still praying for your hubby as he regains his strength.
Harriet, hope you are on the mend now.
Elaine, warm weather is suppose to come back here this week.
Take care all,
Sue
Hope all is well.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:49 am »

Helo AJ Friends,
Sue, how is your ankle doing. Hope it's better.

Kathy, enjoy the Chicago concert.

Terry, good news about the injuries.
Enough remodeling for me this year! I have a lot of work outside now.
Congrats to Sara about her nursing exam and helped saving a life.
Have a good time at the concerts.

Elaine, we haven't much ice-hockey teams (+/-10). They play in a competition with Dutch (The Netherlands) teams. Most of the players are Canadians or Americans who live and work in Belgium.
Glad you had a great birthday. Don't you miss your garden?

Jerrie, so glad your hubby haven't cancer. Great great, great !!!
As you said: with medecins and diets you can live!

Sharon, every Belgian village or town have a program like "Meat and Wheels". But it isn't for free. They pay a minimum of contribution.
Enjoy basketball and the Greenville show.

Nelle, Dizzydean, Wabbit, Harriet, January and eveybody reading, hope you are all oké.

Looking forward to the new album too. I didn't listen to any samples of the album. It would be a surprise!
The weather is nice with some showers. Normal for the season.
Have a nice week everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010, 07:47:34 am »

Sue,
With you calling yours"Little Man" it makes me miss my grand ones.. we call the Oldest boy that too LOL. The twins are so cute and sweet. With hubby going for test and still not up to par, energy wise.. we can't see them as often.. we did see
them at the funeral. It was so sweet to hug and kiss them when your heart is broken, so healing. I know you enjoy yours but the energy goes when  you get more babies at my age LOL. I rasied my daughters teens, now they are bigger than me.
Sue , so happy your daughter is doing well. You will really be stressed with all the babies, take some time for you, my sister has to do that after having been diagnosed w/cancer..she is doing good , however..
My sister is coming by from GA where her daughter lives. she has been staying at the Country House in MS going to DRs at Memphis.She & her hubby will be by here tonight, so I have to get busy.. Her daugher's teen son just Lost his best friend in an accident in GA, he was an Eagle scout and his sister was killed with him too. so sad.. They were best friends and her son is so upset.. they got Their Eagles together..and he had just been accepted into GA Tech.. now the parents have no children left.. such good children, sister a teen and in the band- straight A honor student & he was also. He also played in the band. He were taking his sis to school and somehow in a curve pulled into the other lane, maybe over corrected..Not really sure yet..His cell phone was in his back pocket, so it wasn't that.. it was a bad curve where accidents had been before and they want speed slow downs to be put at the start of the curve to warn. he wasn't going too fast,noted the police. so they are still working on the cause..( my sis said now they think a woman was backing out of her drive & they went around her, and hit the man head on. They were not going too fast. he had taken his Sister to school every day)
 They hit a man head on & they were both Killed. The man is ok.. but he was upset.. They had grief counselers for the school.Just so sad to be so young & great young people. The Church has been wonderful for the Family. It's near Conyers, GA

Jean/B we are trying to re-do our house inside but hubby got ill, so we had to stop a while.I was cleaning closets to make room for new clothes. I am just giving away my formals and other clothes that haven't been worn, just to make space.
There are people who need them & I don't.. never have enough closets for me..The kitchen re-done is next..can't decide on marble counter tops or what..I used to go home while my husband did this work, but Mom is gone now, and my husband is ill and having tests. so I can't go anywhere.. we had a great weekend, just being together..
Hope everyone is doing great and planning for the next AJ concert..I will miss him so much.. want to catch the TV shows coming up for sure..and anxious to get my new CD & goodies. They are on the way..maybe today!
Terry be careful traveling, crazy drivers you have to watch & definitely be  a defensive driver now days. My teen is taking drivers ED and she dreads it. ha.  My daughter and her children have avoided three wrecks already driving around town just by watching the other crazy drivers.we avoided on recently, this car started to pull over on us and lucky for us the other lane was free & we almost got hit in the side..They need more hWY patrol out to slow the traffic..
Take care everyone and I must get busy and clean some , having my sister coming & cooking for them tonight. maybe I will get a decent meal, I usually cook lowfat for hubby and starve with him. Going to enjoy tonight..ha!
Don't forget Alan will be on TV tomorrow ok..Enjoy it..I know I will,
Jerrie-MS&FL
PS- Sue school teachers are so stressed out, how do you do it with the grand ones! Take some time for YOU!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:58:57 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2010, 01:49:20 pm »

Haven't been on the computer all weekend.
had Todd and Deb here.We had a really good
time.The weather was not very nice this
weekend and today it is still windy and pouring.
Will come back and read all the posts I have
missed.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »

Loving the new CD - I've only listened to it all the way through once, it's so nice to have new music from THE MAN!    I was so excited to get the signed print & got my e-mail from Cindy about the Chicago tickets, waiting to hear back from her with my seats.   I'm in AJ heaven!
Will be taping the Today Show tomorrow and of course, staying up late to see Letterman.   

It's still cool here, but we are supposed to get into the 70's later in the week.  WOOHOO! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2010, 10:14:50 pm »

I didn't get my c.d. today maybe tomorrow will be a better day...Now I am just waiting for April 9 and the concert in Orlando.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: