Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 09:00:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: March Thread=This will be a great month  (Read 64154 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »

Hi to my AJ Friends. Things are going well in general. I'm about to take the plunge & get full upper implants. The surgery will be next Tues the 9th- that will give me a month before Alan's concert to get healed up.Today I had a Cat Scan of the jaw to see if they will need to do any bone grafting first. I am going into this with a positive attitude that all will go well.
I am so excited because Alan is coming to Atlanta in April. Looking forward to getting the new album in the mail too.

Terry- So sorry to hear of Sara's loss. Did you tape your broken toe to the one next to it- that's what the orthopedic guys recommend. I'm not a morning person either.

Sharon- Also waiting to see where my seats are. Hope they're close to some of you that will be there in Atlanta.

Elaine- Outside is a good place for Georgie- glad he is happy.

January- the weather here is improving, inching up a little each day in temperature. I don't want to see any more snow.

Sue- Hope Jewels is doing well- it must be hard to stay on bedrest.

Kathy-Hope you get that disposal fixed. We've replaced ours once in 30 years in this house.

Hi Jinx & AJTexasfan. Love to All.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:31:26 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 05:01:19 pm »

Harriet, good luck next week!  That sounds like a huge endeavor but I am sure it will be well worth it.
My husband has had 2 single implants.  You have to be in good form when Alan comes to town
!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »

Just reading up on the news here for a minute. Terry so sorry about the baby, God bless all concerned. I hope you are well doing your work.About your toe, my sister just broke hers too and they said to tape it to the other toe until she came in.

Harriet, so happy to hear about your getting to see George Strait etc.. that concert you will never forget, so happy for you

All of you coming to FL enjoy your great seats..wish we could go but Hubby not able this time. nothing much here to say
except it seems we go for his tests about every day.Still not sure about what procedure they will do yet.. just day by day

Sue , I hope you are getting some rest and less stress. Hope your daughter is ok.. think of you always.

So sorry to miss Alan right here( never have in ages)I hope great seats for all going & maybe some of you will get a meet & greet...Dizzy , Sharon or both, anyone who is lucky..I still relive my night meeting that wonderful Singer!
God Bless, all reading, Hugs, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 11:12:20 am »

Jerrie, so sorry you can't go to the concert; Hope hubby is doing well soon.

Harriet, good luck at the surgery next week.

Elaine, sorry Kelsey lost the final Basket ball game. Not bad to lose sometimes; Enjoy the nice weather with Georgie.
Congrats to the Canadians for the excellent organisation of the Olympic Games.

January,enjoy the nice sunny weather in NW Ohio. My favorite internet radio on this moment: Buckeye Country94.3 NWRN Ohio. Great radio!

Sharon, What are you mean with: meals on wheels today?
I'm refraiching my computer room. Almost done!

Terry, So sorry about Sara.Hope she's oke.
Take care with your toe.

Sue, I keep Jewel in my prayers.

Kathy, If i wasn't living so far ... i came instal you a new garbage disposer.(blink)

Everything's alright with me. Sunny weather but still cold. But ... warm enough for bike riding!

AJTexasfan, jinx47, caz, Betty , ... all reading have a nice weekend
take care,
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54:19 am »

Harriet, I wish you all the best on your dental surgery next week. Be praying for you. Looking forward to finally meeting you at the concert.

Terry, sorry to hear about Sarah's losing her baby. My thoughts and prayers to and for your family. Hope your toe heals fast enough that it won't cause you any problem doing your work. Yea, I'm with others here. Tape it together with the toe next to it, if you haven't done so, until you can get to the doctor to have it checked, if you haven't already been to one.

Jerrie, continued prayers for you and your husband.

Hello to all I have not mentioned here. You're all in my thoughts.

Take care, everyone. Got some things needed to get done. HUGS.

BHR

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

I got my garbage disposal, new sink & new faucet installed this morning - it looks so nice!  Now the task of putting everything back to rights.   JeanB - wish you could have helped out with the install, thanks for the offer!  I must say that the young man who came to install everything was so nice & very professional - he checked everything out and made sure everything was just right before it he left.  I was very impressed.

It's a beautiful day here - sunny & into the 40's.  So glad I took today off work.   I'm so excited to be ordering my AJ concert tickets tonight at midnite (Sue - hope we can meet up there).  That makes it all the more real.  Will be trying for a M&G & front row seats too!!  YEEHAW!!!

Terry, so sorry to hear about Sarah losing her baby.  My prayers & thoughts are sent for you & your family.  Also sorry to hear about your toe - OUCH!  Just when you need it the most.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jeri - all the best to your husband.  Thinking about you & sending prayers up that everything turns out ok.

Harriet, good luck with your procedure.  You've been through so much - continued prayers for you.

Time to go clean up my kitchen.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »

Harriet I pray all will go well with your
surgery.
Jeri praying your hubby is doing well.
Jean glad your having warm weather so
you can go biking.
Kathy glad all went well installing your sink
and disposal.
Having a nice sunny day.Georgie is spending a
lot of time outside now that it is nice.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 10:31:45 pm »

Hi all

Excited to be ordering my concert tickets tonight!!!!

alanjacksonfan1967

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 01:26:30 am »

fatal error for me also
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 10:12:14 am »

Finally got my tickets ordered about 7:30a this morning.  It was so frustrating last night - and I'm not the only one.  Started trying at midnight and it kept showing an error with the web site.  Kept trying until about 12:45a.  Realized it wasn't getting fixed and went to bed.  Got up at 6a and tried again - still showing error.  At 7:30a I decided to give it another try - SUCCESS!  Don't know what the problem was, but someone should have been monitoring the site when tickets are on sale.   Anxious to find out where I will be sitting, but not sure of the procedure with this new way of ordering.  Anyone have any ideas?  What you guys who have already ordered tickets?
Thanks for any insight.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 11:17:40 am »

So sorry to hear you had so much trouble with ordering your tickets last night, Kathy and others.  Hope Cindy can straighten it out for y'all.

Went to breakfast with my hubby this morning.  I think I told y'all about ordering 2 H2O Turbo vacs on t.v. when we had snow in January.  Well, I was gonna return them, had called and got the return confirmation number and then my son decided he would buy them for the shop.  When I called back to tell them I had canceled, they gave me a 25% discount for keeping them!  How about that?

JeanB, Meals on Wheels is a program that provides meals Monday through Friday for individuals who are not able to prepare their own meals.  It may be a temporary situation after surgery or more permanent because of disability.  The drivers are all volunteers.  No paid staff, and if the participants are not able to pay for the meals they are given to them.  It was started about 30 years ago by a local church and we now deliver over 200 meals in the city a day.  There are different routes and my route consists of about 6 meals.  I deliver every other Thursday.  I have been doing it for over 25 years.  We do not get any government money for the program, it is funded by some charities, churches and individual donations.

JeanB, you have been busy with the remodeling.  Good for you.  Is your wife helping?

Harriet, hope all goes well with you dental surgery next week.  You will be in my prayers.

Jerrie, you and your husband are also in my prayers.  Sorry you are not able to go to the FL concerts, but so glad you did get a M&G last year and also your book autographed.  I know that is a special memory for you.

Elaine, I enjoyed Twilight and then bought New Moon.  I started reading it yesterday.  I don't usually read those kind of books either. 

Did anyone see Avatar?  I haven't, but my son saw it at least twice.  With all the hype and the Oscar nominations, I'm tempted to go see it. 

Oh, my eye exam was fine.  Not much of a change, the dr. did see something with my iris and retina that he wants to check in a couple weeks.  Also I do have cataracts, but they have not changed much either. That's always good news.

Hello to the rest of you too!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 02:23:06 pm »

Hello, Friends. Thought I would leave a post before I have my dental surgery on Tuesday. Fortunately the Cat Scan showed that I do not need additional bone grafting so they can proceed Tuesday with puttung in the implants. Then I will have to wait 4 or 5 months to get the crowns & finish the process. I want to thanks all of you for your well- wishes & prayers & good thoughts. Trying to get all my housework & laundry done ahead of time.
I'm pleased to see Alan's song proceeding up the charts & am eagerly awaiting the album & the concert.

Jeri- so sorry you won't be able to go to a concert. It's great that you got a Meet & Greet last year.

JeanB- Enjoy your bike riding. I agree Canada did a great job on the Olympics. I really enjoed them.

BHR- Looking forward to meeting you too. Wonder when we'll know where our seats are.

Kathy- sorry you had so much trouble ordering tickets. I had the same problem but finally realized I was in the Eastern Time Zone & would have to wait til 1:00 AM. But you are already in the Central Time Zone so don't know what happened there.

Sharon- Glad your eye exam was OK. I have cataracts too but so far they are not a problem.

Terry- Thinking of you.

Greetings to Jinx & alanjacksonfan.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:24:41 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 03:36:40 pm »

Kathy after all the trying to get tickets I
sure hope you get some really good seats.
Sharon I will have to get those books from
Kelsey.I think she has a series of three.
Harriet will be praying all goes well with your
dental surgery.
Say prayers for Evie.Her son phoned me and said he
found her on the floor.The Dr's think it was a blood
clot.I phoned her this morning and she said she was
still getting tests.
Elaine

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »

Jeri, I heard your song request being fulfilled on the Crook & Chase
Top 30 Countdown this weekend.  You might be able to catch a
live stream of it somewhere still.  It was towards the end...around
the time they played the #6 song...where they added "Remember When"
for you.  I was sure it was you...and then when it was an AJ song, I
knew for sure.

I should add that I was given a phone interview by them, too, and it is
during the first 15 mins or so of the 2nd of the 4 hr program.
I heard it streamed on an Iowa station today..as I had to miss my reg.
listening experience on Sat. morning on our station here that carries their
show.   My weird food combo was the topic.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:16:28 pm by mar4aej » Logged
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 11:24:15 am »

Hello Alan fans.  Spring is finally on it's way.  We are having higher temps than normal and sunny skies.
Enjoyed my long weekend in Nashville a couple weeks ago but it was cold there then.  It's always fun to go to the Opry.
We got to see Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert among other greats too.
Looking forward to the holidays with family and later two concerts with Alan in May.  I'm blessed!
I'm off work for 2 more weeks while the doctor I work for recuperates from her knee surgery.  The days can seem very long.  I need to develop a hobby, I guess, so I have something to look forward to in retirement someday. My hubby is always finding something to keep him busy on his days off but I have a lazy bone I guess.
Hope you all keep healthy and happy.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: