Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 10:13:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 103600 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2009, 11:15:06 pm »

Jean/AZ.....I am so sorry for your loss.  You just never know anymore in this ole world.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  God Bless you and your family.

Gwen from Canada
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2009, 02:45:48 pm »

Sharon hope the weather is nice and you have
a great time in Marysville.
Keely how do your family like the Island? Have been
there lots but don't like the ferry ride there.
Gwen happy to see another fellow Canadian posting.
I am form the Okanogan Valley in B.C.The last place
I lived I could see three lakes from my patio.
It has been raining all morning.Got a late start to
my house work this morning.I read for a few minutes
before I turn out the lights.Last night I hit a real
interesting part and never turned the lights out until
after 12.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 11:54:55 am »

Jean/B , I can certainly identify w/your FIL and your having to care for relatives.So sorry for your wife having to care for such health problems. diabetic,rheumatism & epilepsy. My mom has cancer & we drive a long distance to check on her. My sister is there anytime we are not, but her husband is retired now. It's still difficult for family to care for older adults. it means you can't always take trips and do as you would like. So sorry. Maybe sometime you can return to see Alan.I work out on treadmill in my home, your
idea w/your bike is a great workout!
Jean/az, I hope you are ok, thinking of you & yours w/prayers.
Terry , Sharon, Dot is already there in TN for Alan's Birthday & Concert! Sounds like they are having a good time. A Big hug for all of Alan's Fans! and Happy Birthday!
Elaine it is cooler her today & will be in NY while we are there looks like. can't imagine it being that cold. I will have to drag out my coat to go to NY. we will be seeing the Vermeer paintings which is 17th century dutch I think. just missed the  Michelangelo exhibit
but I love Vermeer's "The Milkmaid"
Terry Tn might be a bit cooler now. I hope you took a coat. I know it's a front coming down from Canada & my sister in MS says it's cooler there now. It's even a bit cooler her in FL evenings. I love the cool but lingering cold , I do not like.
Elaine sounds like you had a great view the other place you lived. can't imagine seeing threee lakes from a patio. we are more inland here in FL and I like that better w/hurricanes. welcome Guen, Alan is supposed to be in Canada again soon. maybe you might see him then. I hope the weather will be ok for him to travel there.
Take care everyone and let's remember Jean/az in our prayers.
Oh I forgot, if you look at the photos of Sue and myself, I sat by a guy that looked a lot like Trace Adkins when he came to sit down.,by me. he was real nice when I told him, really tall but not as large as Trace. he took it as a compliment, he said ha! His lady with him said they had not seen Alan before, so they seemed to have liked him. I hope they didn't mind my screaming lol Thye clapped loud at Alan's "Remember When". I also met a couple from Germany there going in at St Augustine.
Take care, Jerrie aka Artsy-FL-MS

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:25:03 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 01:43:52 pm »

First to Jean-Az- My heart goes out to you & your family.

Those going to Maryville enjoy. Take warm clothes- cold in the SE.

Have a flareup of tendinitis in my Rt shoulder- keeping posts short.
The doctor says there is still some pneumonia on xray but it looks better. Now using an inhaler & mucomyst & trying to be patient.

Elaine- congrats to Kelsey.

Hope Alan is having a great birthday.

Jeri- I know you can relate to using inhalers. Air quality here very poor right now.

Love to All.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:47:40 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 03:43:34 pm »

Jeri Alan is here in Nov.Not even for him
would I drive those roads at that time
of the year.Lost a friend last year to those
roads.
Harriet hope the inhaler is helping.Praying
your shoulder pain doesn't last very long.
I thas been raining here since I got up this
morning.Whe Georgie went out this morning
he went into the dirt by the shrubs.Wow
what mess he was.had to give him a bath.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »

Still cool & overcast here.  Supposed to warm up tomorrow though.

Hope everyone going to the concert tonight has a great time - how could they not!  An Alan concert on his birthday = heaven!!  Sing Happy Birthday from all of us!!

Harriet, sorry about your aches & pains - take care.

Elaine, driving on the winter roads is tough.  I don't blame you for not wanting to do it.  I only do it because I have to get to work - but I take it slow & easy.  Don't care if I'm late - as long as I make it!

Went out for the drinks last night after work for Bosses Day.  It was bitter sweet because my boss will be leaving soon - not of his own accord either.  Sad times!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2009, 07:38:41 pm »

Hi everyone I hope you all have a good weekend and ALAN and all that went to see him have lots of fun at the Concert/party.       

Hi Harriet I am sorry you are in pain and my heart goes out to you that you are still sick.  I will pray for you everyday that you will be well real soon.       Take Care Everyone          nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2009, 08:29:01 pm »

First to Jean-Az- My heart goes out to you & your family.
Have a flareup of tendinitis in my Rt shoulder- keeping posts short.
The doctor says there is still some pneumonia on xray but it looks better. Now using an inhaler & mucomyst & trying to be patient.
Jeri- I know you can relate to using inhalers. Air quality here very poor right now.
Love to All.

Harriet, so sorry you have tendinitis now.seems like they should have given you a big shot or kept you there a while. Yes, I use two inhalers each day and even when speaking to MontyAllen, I was horse being out in the open air Venue and he said "do you use albuterol" and that is one of mine. They gave mom's sister breathing treatments for pneumonia  I sure will be glad when you get over this. Thinking of you, glad it looks better on x-ray. Take care , even if you have to keep going back. you have been sick a long time. I use my inhaler a lot during this type weather, where it's hot one day and cold the next. someone said Alan had allergy too at St Augustine. So glad it had gotten slightly cooler at night, for the Concert. Get well soon Hon..Hugs, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2009, 05:11:57 am »

Harriet, tendinitis is a painful thing! Good to read the pneumonia is better.
Take care and like you said, be patient !

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
suem

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2009, 12:59:58 pm »

Hi to all AJ fans!

I've been reading a bit lately but so busy with work, I haven't been able to post.  But then again most of my posts are dribble anyway as my hubby says.
Jean_AZ....sad to read about your niece's son.  It so sad and such a shock.  Last year, I lost my cousin to depression.  My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Harriet, I want to hear you are well.  Worry about you.
Elaine, love hearing about Kelsey.  Good luck to her and her team.  Wish I could watch her play as volleyball is my favorite sport.  What a stud!
Terry, Sharon, and Dot were great sports celebrating Alan's birthday in the cold.
Jeri, have you recouperated from your twins visit.
Kathy, sorry to hear about your boss.
BHR, hope you are unpacked.
My daughter sold her house and will be out in five weeks...Now they are looking.  They want a house with all bedrooms on the same level.
Other daughter went to a Brad Paisley concert in Tampa....had a great time.  They got seats up close....one of the chosen ones.  It pays to be young and beautiful...LOL
Didn't get to see grandson this weekend as I have been feeling punk....with so much illness going on at school, I can't risk giving him anything.  We had a young boy less than 5 miles away die from the swine flu and we have a first grade student in the hospital with it.  She has missed so much school.
Finished my powerpoint presentation for Monday.  So that's stressing me out as I'm presenting to some teachers in our district.  I presented this summer and then got roped into doing this again.  So Tuesday will be a happy day.
Take care all.  Watching the Vikings!  Go Vikes.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2009, 04:16:53 pm »

Kathy I drive around town but don't drive
on those mountain roads in the winter.
Sorry to hear another person (Your boss)
is leaving.Their isn't much security in jobs
these days.
Sue hope all goes well with your speech on
Monday.The swine flu is a real worry this
year speacialy for the young.
It is cloudy again today.No rain so far.The
skiers are happy as it is snowing in the
mountains.The ski hill is only 12 miles
above me.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2009, 10:17:04 pm »

Just a quick note here. It has been a whirlwind weekend with us attending ballgame gathering and doing and running errands. Unpacking continues. We just got back a littler over an hour ago from our weekend grocery shopping and I'm beat. Doing too many things and, of course, it's also way past my bedtime. Won't be able to answer all your posts right now but just thought I'll stop by and say HELLO! to you all.

Harriet, sorry to hear about your tendinitis. That's is painful. Good to hear your pneumonia is clearing up. Hope you do get well and really feel better soon. As Jeri said, you've been sick for much too long. Continued prayers for you. BTW, thanks for the phone call. I enjoyed our chat. You will be getting an email from me sometime tomorrow in regards to the change of my cphone number and our new home phone number as well (you too, Terry).

Better head for bed. My eyes are so heavy I can barely read what I'm typing here. Take care everyone. HUGS!

BHR

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2009, 05:50:42 pm »

DEAR FRIENDS...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND THOUGHTS, WORDS AND PRAYERS.  BRITT WAS MY NIECE'S ONLY CHILD, AND SHE FOUND HIM.  I HAVE HAD MY TICKET TO GO ON WEDNESDAY TO WISCONSIN TO VISIT ANOTHER NIECE AND HER HUSBAND IN THIER NEW DOOR COUNTY HOME, RETIRING THIS YEAR FROM BOTH TEACHING IN THE CHICAGO SCHOOL SYSTEM.  I TOLD MY SON CURT I FELT GUILTY AND A LITTLE WEARY, GOING NOW, BUT CURT ALWAYS HAS A WAY OF PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE FOR ME, AND HE SAID "MOM, WE HAVE TO TAKE EVERY CHANCE WE CAN GET TO FIND JOY AND HAPPINESS, BECAUSE LIFE HAS AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF THE OTHER STUFF TO HAND OUT."
I WILL TAKE MY CAMERA, AND RECORD AS MUCH AS I CAN OF THE BEAUTY OF THAT AREA, FALL COLORS ETC, NATURE TO ME, IS GOD'S BEST CATHEDRAL.  THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE SUCH DEARS.

jean-az/allALANalways
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2009, 11:14:01 pm »

I'm home after a long day of traveling.  I almost missed my plane in Nashville but at least I got home.  My bags didn't make the flight and were suppose to be on the next plane from Nashville.  They weren't so they will deliver them tomorrow or give me travel funds if I'll go back to the airport to pick them up since they were guaranteed to be on the next flight. 

Jean, I agree with your son, go enjoy yourself, there's nothing you can do about your niece's son except give your niece support during this very difficult time.

BHR, I'll be looking for your email tomorrow.

Kathy, sorry to hear about your boss.

Elaine, bet you wish the snow would stay up on the mountain all winter.

Sue, hope your presentation went well tonight.  So sorry to hear your area is having a bad time with the swine flu.  We all have to be extra careful these days.  I have never washed my hands so many times during the day as I do now.

nelle, we did have a great time at the concert, despite the cold.

Harriet, hope you're felling better.

I had a great time with Dot and Sharon this weekend.  Of course Alan's birthday concert was the highlight.  Sunday we went over to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for the day which was a blast.  Now back to the real world for a couple weeks.  Hope there's better weather for the next round of concerts. 

Livin' On Love in California
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2009, 04:33:18 pm »

Terry I am glad you had a great time with Dot and Sharon at the concert/ Birthday party even in that oh so cold weather.  Now all you need is to get your bags back and rest a little.   Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: