Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 12:52:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 103542 times)
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »

HI KIMBERLY  Don't be sorry to ask if I am new and thank you for saying you are glad to see me here. I have been a loyal fan of ALAN's since the start.  I joined in March after getting a lap top as a birthday gift in February from my 2 sons.  I did not know how to work one and I don't type much. MY son answered all questions and told me to keep playing with it and thats how you learn.  I wanted one so I could vote for ALAN.  It took a while to post, but so nice when fans  like you say hi to me.  Thank you, JeanB and Harriet also.    Take Care            nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 06:24:12 pm »

Nelle, don't you love your laptop?  How nice of your sons to give it to you. I don't know what I would do without
mine.  And it's so much fun to be in touch with other Alan fans!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »

Hi Jinx47   Yes I do love my lap top and keeping up with ALAN's fans.   It feels like family having fun. I am very lucky to have two great sons who are very nice to me and it was a big, big, big birthday.          Take Care         nelle
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:23:29 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 09:13:40 pm »

Nelle, I love my laptop too, don't know how I got along without it now.  You sure have some nice sons to give you a laptop for your birthday.  Where do you live? 

Harriet, we're suppose to get lots of rain the next couple of days.  Great news for our drought situation, but very bad news for those living beneath the burned hills and mountains.  Mud slides are a real danger now with no growth to hold the rain back.  They've already set mandatory evacuations in some areas, telling people they need to be out by tomorrow.  Good to hear you're getting lots of rest and are feeling better.

Elaine, nice to hear you had a great Thanksgiving dinner with Teresa, Jay and the girls.  A big congrats to Kelsey for being picked for the all star team.  Will Jess be bringing her dog to play with Georgie?

Jean, sounds like you've been really busy since your retirement.  Maybe you need to go back to work to have more time...LOL  Any plans on coming to the USA again?  Did you talk Nina into coming back yet?

Kimberly, good to see you posting, we miss you here.

Jeri, sounds like you had a good visit with the grandbabies and family.

Not much new here, think I got everything done except a little homework assignment that's due Wednesday. I've tried to stay on somewhat of Eastern time, getting harder everyday...LOL 

Hope everyone has a great week, hello to all reading.

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 09:43:50 pm »

Stopping in to say to all my AJ friends!!
Still cool here - overnight cold, in the 30's. 

JeanAZ & Sue - sorry about the Twins.  I was rooting for them.  I can't believe the Cardinals got swept by the Dodgers - now they know how the Cubbies felt last year!.  The Cubs filed for bankruptcy today to speed their sale along.  I don't understand all the legal stuff about this sale, but it sure seems weird to me.  Let's get on with the show!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 08:11:55 am »

Good Morning Y'all.

Nelle, are you the lady I met in St. Augustine who won the M&G?  We met at the Conch House.  Welcome  Nice of your sons to buy you the laptop. 

Harriet, glad you're getting lots of rest.  We got your torrential rains yesterday, foggy today and cooler.  I'm just not ready for cold weather.....boo hoo!

Terry, hope the time change won't be too hard on you....

JeanB, you are keeping busy since retirement!  Good for you.  I'm semi-retired and love it.  Hubby will probably never retire. 

Jeri, I bet those twins are beautiful.  Glad you had a good visit with them.

Teresa, you enjoy those granddaughters.  Wish mine were closer.  I do keep up with Nicole on FB.  She is sweet enough to not be too embarrassed by "grandma".  She is beginning to get acceptance letters and is under a lot of stress with decisions she has to make for college.  I told my daughter, how fortunate that this is her stress.  I know it must be stressful.  I am very proud of her. 

Kathy I heard about the cubs filing for bankruptcy on Jay Leno's monologue.

Have tons to do, so I best get busy, just wanted to give y'all a shout-out!  Have a great Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 11:54:22 am »

Hi AJSCALIFFAN  My sons and I were always close and became even closer after my husband died. They are very nice and I have two nice Grandchildren also.    It was my 70th. birthday and we all went out to dinner and they gave me the laptop. I live on STATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK in the same house for 48 years.  Take Care     nelle
Hi Luckylady44   I am not the lady at The Conch House.   I don't get around much because of my well being which I don;t have and that is why sons gave me the laptop.  Thank you for welcoming me. You and ALAN's fans are so nice and kind. Take Care          nelle    My name is really Ellen. There was an Ellen on the board so I am using my name backwards. If  you meet another nelle that's not me.   ellen is nelle

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 12:50:58 pm »

Terry, I just heard about those storms & e-mailed you- should have looked on the board first. I never heard of a typhoon coming back across the Pacfic & hitting the West Coast.

Sharon- More rain is on the way for tomorrow. I can see it on the radar- a big blob of it in Arkansas now.

Nelle- So glad you got the laptop & can be with us. We welcome your voting for Alan & being here. I use a laptop most of the time too.

Kathy- Heard about that bankruptcy on the news but don't understand all the business angles either.

I am doing just fine & hope to get a clean bill of health Friday when I go back to the doctor. Thanks to all of you for your support & kindness.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »

Harriet hi!
I hope you get a good report also. I hope you feel better by now, you have sure been ill a while now. I thought of Terry when I heard that on the news. I hope she is ok. Has anyone heard if Bill & Sabrina got back ok yet.I hope so.
Nelle, we are due to come to NY soon. Hotels in Manhattan are so high & we got the one near the museum, they park our car and we will take a cab places we go..I hope our Hotel is ok.. expensive yo! we got two rooms as we are taking our teen for her sweet sixteen gift! we have to go to MS to see my Mom first. My Sister will be there. Nelle wish I had asked you where to stay while there. we have been there many times but not recently. we go to the museums and out to eat etc.. It will seem sad not to see the towers there, they were there the last time we went.
Sue and Dizzy must be busy now, haven't seen them posting much. I am still
getting rested after two concerts close ha! How does Alan and the Guys keep from getting tired. Monty Allen was so nice when I spoke to him, His CD is good. Love "Soldier coming Home" and all of the whole album is good.
Take care everyone, my babies got home ok but now I miss them.. I hope all of you are resting up and doing good. Elaine and
all of you..Terry be careful traveling ,celebrating Alan's Birthday! Give him a hug for me.ha! mine is soon too. Wish I was his age  ha! all of you reading take care..Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »

Terry I sure hope you don't get mud slides.
They are terrible.Jesss bromgs Sisco when she
comes to stay with me.Georgie loves it.
Kathy I hope the sale of the Cubs will turn
the Cubs into winners.
Sharon I know you meant me.Yes I am so lucky
to have my two granddaughters here.Kelsey
is like Nicole not embrassed to have me on her
FB.
Nelle I lost my hubby three years ago and am so
glad I am close to my two kids and the grandchildren.
Enjoy the lap top.In 1999 we toured New York and
loved the city.Hope to get back there sometime.
Harriet glad you are feeling ok now.It has been a
long haul for you.
Jeri I was glad we were in New York when the towers
were still there.
It is cloudy this morning
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 03:01:09 pm »

Getting ready to take some clients bowling.  The storm hasn't hit here yet, just getting to the LA area, and has been slamming NO CA all morning.  We've had some wind gusts, but not too bad yet.  Had to get out some warmer clothes.  Then it's suppose to be in the 80's over the weekend.  No wonder my trees are so confused!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day, will try and pop in later.

Livin' On Love in California
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »

Hi Jeri_MS    I am home bound and don't get around much any more. I have not been to the City in many, many years. I am so sorry that I would not be of much help.   Take Care     nelle

Hi Harriet   Thank you for your kind words and for welcoming me.  I do love my laptop and voting for ALAN.  Good luck at the Doctors and Take Care     nelle

HI Canadiangirl  I am sorry you lost your husband. I am glad you are close to your kids and your grandkids. That and they are a blessing.   I am glad you loved N.Y.     Take Care           nelle

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:32 am »

Hi AJ Fans,

Brr, it's cold today!! Freezing already! 0°c or +/-30°f i think. But the sun is shining. I rode my "tacx" bike for half a hour this morning. A kind of machine where you have to put your bike on. I lost a lot of sweat. Excellent for the fisical condition.
Here's a link to the "Tacx":www.tacx.com

Seems that Taylor Swift gona make it in Belgium and Europe. She's on all the radio stations with the song "You Belong With Me". Funny is that almost nobody know she's a country singer ... i know !!!lol. Hope she come to Belgium, Germany, France or The Netherlands next year, but i have my doubts. She's touring in Australia and Canada next year.

Elaine, "Wild Roses" is a show about oil, cattle, cowboys & cowgirls and land in and around Calgary. Comparable with "Dallas". Love !t. It make me thinking when i was at the Calgary Stampede. One day i will go back.
Is Kelsey's all star team the national Canadian team ?

Nelle, congrats with your lap top. I can imagin you have much to find out. Good you get help from your sons but try it also by yourself. Something you find out by yourself, mostly you don't forget ! Good luck.

Terry, sometimes i miss my work but not for long. lol.
I don!t think we come to US soon. Sinds my mil past my fil needs a lot of attention. He have reuma, diabetic and epilepsy. Every other week Nina or one of her two sisters stay with him until he decide to go to bed. She work from 7,30am till 4pm and is back at home at +/- 9,45pm. Very fatiguant for her.  US holidays for two weeks are too short. We shall see !

Harriet, good luck Friday.

Jerrie, enjoy NY and your Birthday (Thu,15th.) I know you prefer it in intimacy on this board, that's why i don't start a birthday thread.
Happy Birthday Jerrie !!!

Sharon, Kathy, Jinx, all reading, have a nice day,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2009, 01:09:58 pm »

OH MY FRIENDS, MY HEART IS SO HEAVY JUST NOW.  YESTERDAY I RECEIVED THE HORRIBLE NEWS THAT MY DEAR NIECE'S 39 YEAR OLD SON COMMITTED SUICIDE ON MONDAY.  HER ONLY CHILD, AND SHE FOUND HIM.  A HANDSOME, CHARASMATIC YOUNG MAN, HAD LOST HIS JOB RECENTLY, BUT HAD A GREAT SUPPORT GROUP AROUND HIM, HE COULD HAVE, AND SOULD HAVE MADE IT THRU THIS BUMP IN THE ROAD.  MY HEART IS JUST BREAKING FOR MY SWEET NIECE.  NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LOVE SOMEONE, WE CAN'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS.  PLEASE SEND YOUR PRAYERS FOR HER, LESLIE, AND BRITT'S FATHER, JIM.  BLESS YOU ALL...
jean-az/allALANalways
January

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2009, 01:11:42 pm »

Oh how awful - you all certainly have my prayers and sympathy.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: