Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 08:39:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 103575 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »

Jean enjoy your trip to the door country.
Hope you bring back some great photos.
Terry I found Pigeon Forge a great place
to visit.When I went Alan still has his cafe
their.
Crazy weather here.Yesterday it was warm
and sunny today we are back to rain.Had to
go for a breathing test at the hospital yesterday.
The Dr thinks I might have asthma.Found the test
easy but found it hard going to the hospital.I haven''t
been there since George passed away.The memories
all came flooding back.Was happy the test didn't take
very long.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:16 pm »

JeanAZ, enjoy your Door County trip!  I'm so jealous!  My most favoritist (is that a word?) place in the world.  The colors are so beautiful there in the fall.  Where does your niece live? 

Terry, glad to hear you are home safe & sound again.  Are you going to any of the Canadian concerts?

Harriet, I'll just keep wishing you well until you get there!  And after you are feeling better too, so it won't come back!!

Elaine, I know it had to be hard to go back to the hospital.  Glad the test was short.

I'm like Sue, I'm always reading (mostly in spurts), but don't always get a chance to post. 

Went to the foot doctor yesterday and he gave me a higher heel rise to wear for a couple of weeks & some exercises to help stretch that tendon.  It is much better and icing it sure helps.
Also went to my regular doctor for my blood pressure and everything is fine there - all my blood tests came back good.  That's always nice to hear.

Has anybody heard any more about the AJ CD that Cracker Barrel is going to be selling in November?  I've heard nothing since the Aquapalooza concert.  I'm wondering if it's new music or a compilation album.  There's nothing on the Crackel Barrel site and no mention here.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2009, 09:26:09 pm »

Hello Folks. Am recovering slowly but getting there. Appreciate all your words of encouragement.

Kathy-Glad your foot is better & glad you got good reports at the doctor.

Elaine- know that trip to the hospital was hard.

Nelle- Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.

Jeri- Will be using the Albuterol Inhaler for 3 weeks then another xray.

JeanB- Thanks, I am a patient person.

Sue-Don't worry. I have a great hubby & a great doctor taking care of me. Hugs.

BHR-Thanks for phone #'s. I enjoyed our chat too.

Terry-Sorry about your bags- glad you got visit Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge.

Jean-Az- You need that trip to Door County. I like your son's advice.

Love to All.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2009, 11:38:05 pm »

Evening everyone,

I got my bags around noon today, that's a relief. 

Harriet, good to hear you're feeling better each day.

Kathy, no I'm not going to any of the Canadian concerts, just wasn't thrilled about going to Canada in November, never know what the weather could be.  I'm going to the next set Nov 5-8, then I'll be done for the year.

Elaine, I'm so sorry it was so hard for you to go to that hospital.  Hugs!!!

Nelle, I don't know how much rest I'll get before the next round of concerts, but I'll try.

Took kids bowling today and did hubby's laundry.  Tomorrow will be spent doing homework and housework....oh fun!!!

Have a great day everyone, and hello to all reading.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
!
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2009, 11:39:27 am »

Hi Guys! I am very busy getting ready for NY! I will be cold for sure ha!

Terry, so glad you made it back ok and finally got your luggage . If this is your first time , you have Indeed been lucky, as much as you travel. So happy for you & so glad you enjoyed TN. Sounds like you ladies had a great time.Hi to Sharon too & Dot whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

Harriet, sounds like you are coming along ok, but sometimes it takes time to get over things. I really count on Albuterol for
helping with my asthma. My Dr. says if I have an attack to not use it but come to emergency.I use two. I hope you feel well soon.
Hugs to you!
Elaine I'm a lot like you, I do not like Hospitals, but I understand your being upset.. hope all of you who are ill, will be fine soon. Elaine I hope you will be fine.. Jean/Az too.My prayers for all.

Sue, Yes, I recovered quiet fine from my GB being here LOL . Just sore, but they make you feel so loved inside. I miss them actually the moment they left. My son was changing his son and we were alone and he said "Mom I love my baby boy" the one he was changing. I told him "I know, that the way I love you & especially when  you were that age." a sweet moment. Little  girl is a sweetheart too! The one boy your GB's age, we can't keep up with, he has more energy than the sun LOL I can't wait to have time to shop for them some warmer clothes. They have so much toys & clothes whew!

Terry, Alan seemed to pick bad times to go to Canada, others have had problems traveling there. I hope He and the Band and crew will be fine. he may fly in with band. I will say prayers for them traveling.

Sorry, no time to address every name but all reading, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Alan had a GREAT BIRTHDAY!

Be safe all of you, as winter is in  Florida too ha. it may be 80 up in the day but tonight it cools off. The change, so drastic is a killer!
God Bless, Jerrie Aka Artsy-FL-MS
Nelle I enjoy your posting here, Take care.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:43:07 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2009, 12:44:59 pm »

Hi Everyone,
Just realized I hadn't written since getting home from TN!

I had fun with Dot & Terry, seeing the concert and going to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.  The weather was warmer on Sunday.  Bought a few things, but wasn't in a shopping mood.  Can't believe I attended that concert in the freezing weather!  Talk about dedicated fans.  Either that or completely CRAZY!!!!!

The trip home was good and I haven't really gotten started with anything.  Grant had a football game Monday night and I had a Sr. meeting at church last night.  Our county fair began yesterday.  Mandisa (don't know if I'm spelling that right) will be singing tonght. A group from church is going.  I would like to go, but still haven't made up my mind. 

Got home from the meeting last night and Jerry was sitting in the recliner with the t.v. off.  The receiver wasn't working which we just got about 3 weeks ago.  I called Directv and they will be sending one out today.  Moved the 13" from the back room since it has a converter and we're peering at that little thing! 

My cat got out yesterday and the dogs next door tried to get him.  Poor thing wasn't hurt, but was traumatized.  He doesn't have front claws and so he's at a real disadvantage.  Just glad he wasn't hurt.  Silly cat, keeps sneaking out the door when he can.

I'm sure it was hard to go to the hospital Elaine.  But you did and that is now behind you. 

Glad you got your bags Terry.  The 5th will be here before you know it. Enjoy the concerts. 

Jean/AZ, enjoy Door country.  I've never been but have heard so much about that area.  You have a wise son too.

Harriet, glad to hear you're improving. 

Y'all have a good day.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2009, 02:18:27 pm »

Harriet happy to see you are recovering.
You will be so happy to see the end of
it.
Terry I don't know why Alan would come
to Canada in Nov.The roads can be terrible.
Jeri why Alan picked Prince George to go
to  is beyond me. It is 600 miles or
more north of me.
Sharon how scary for you that your cat got
out yesterday.
Dreary here today.Has been raining all
morning.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:59 pm »

Jerri-MS   Have a great time in N.Y..The weather is up and down.  I know how much you love your Grandkids and miss them when they leave. Me too when mine visit and leave. Thank you so much for saying you enjoy my posting here. It really warmed my heart.    Take Care

Elaine   Oh how true it is that the memories come flooding back. I am so sorry. GOD BLESS YOU.     Take Care

Kathy    I am glad your foot is better. When your feet or foot hurts it seems like your whole body hurts. Icing is really good, I use it on my two bad knees.  CRACKEL BARREL is in ALAN's news today OCT.21     Take Care

Harriet   Please get well real soon and then I'll be so thankful.    Take Care

JeanAZ  Please take care on your trip and I think you need it too.     GOD BLESS YOU

Terry    I am glad you are not going to Canada. There might be snow and ice. I am glad you got your bags back. I hate to lose anything. Now just try and rest.     Take Care

Sharon  I am glad you got your cat back safe and sound.  You must have been so scared.  They are a little helpless without their front claws, I had one. She was so lovable.  Take Care

Hi to everyone I forgot and please excuse any mistakes I made. I am new at this and oh so slow.    Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2009, 02:21:49 pm »

Nelle where Alan is going in Canada it has lots
of snow at that time of the year.I am happy your
enjoying posting.It is so interesting all the news
the girls give us.Where I live we don't get much
news on Alan.
Georgie is going crazy this morning.They are working
on the creek behind me with a big machine and it is
so noisy.We are getting a day with no rain .Its cloudy
with the sun coming in and out.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2009, 06:27:17 pm »

Hello Friends. Progressing well in my recovery. Finally got my hair cut today- it was hanging down in my face.lol

Elaine- It's a good thing you come to the board so you can get news about Alan.

Nelle- Don't worry- am on the road to recovery.

Sharon- So glad you enjoyed the concert & got to visit Pigeon Forge.

Jeri- Enjoy your NY trip.

Terry- Glad to hear you got your bags.

We expect a lot of rain tomorrow. The ground is still saturated here.

caz

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2009, 12:21:40 am »

Hi Folks a belated happy october don't have much time these days to post but am still around and try to catch up when I can

Harriet sorry to hear you have been so ill hope you are feeling better very soon

jean/az so sorry for your families loss your in my prayers

well back to the grind for me

Hi to all reading this post god bless you all

Caz
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »

Hey there, Caz! Glad to see you post. I'm a lot better. Hugs.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2009, 02:09:00 pm »

Harriet I bet it felt good to have your hair
cut.I can't wait to have mine done next
week.
Caz nice to see you posting.
It is raining again this morning.I think they
are putting in the pathway along the creek.
Still noisy today.Just hope our complex puts
in the fence along the back of lour places.
Never know who will be using the pathway.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »

Just stopping by to say hello! to you all. I feel completely recovered from the surgery although couple of my incisions still feel just a bit tender. However, I woke up this morning not feeling too good. By 10am or so I started with the the off and on coughing, runny nose and scratchy throat. I think I'm coming down with bad case of cold. Hope it doesn't get any worse. 

Harriet, glad to hear you're doing a lot better.

Jean-AZ, I'm sorry about the loss of your loved one. You're in my prayers. Good to hear you took your son's advice.

Caz, good to see you posting here again.

Terry, happy to hear you recovered your lost luggage.

Elaine, I can imagine how hard it must been for you going back to the hospital.

Hi, to everyone else reading this. You all take care. HUGS.

BHR

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2009, 08:50:12 pm »

Elaine  IF there is so much snow, we will have to pray alot for ALAN, THE BAND and let's not forget the DRIVER.  Please have a safe tour and trip ALAN.  Enjoy your haircut  ELAINE.     Take Care       nelle

Caz  Nice to see you posting.     Take Care      nelle

Harriet I am so glad you are so much better that you got a hair cut.   That's a good sign.     Take Care    nelle

BHR  I am glad you feel recovered, but please take of that cold so it doesn't get worst.  Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: