Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 07:12:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 102490 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:22:58 am »

Hello & Good Morning Friends!

Thought I'll start this month's thread and what a better way to start it by telling you all now the story behind our relocation adventure. Bear with me here and PLEASE pardon me for any typos I might make. First off, however, I would like wish everyone of you well. HARRIET, I hope and pray that you're feeling better. SUE, sorry to hear about the stressful situation you went through regarding your school. TERRY, JERI and ALL OF YOU going to Alan's concert this weekend, safe travels, enjoy and have lots of fun. . . .will be looking forward for your reviews. Prayers for everyone who needs one, including the victims of the big earthquake and tsunami in Samoa and Pago Pago.

Now, to my story. Let me begin with 2 days before we left our previous home, Tuesday the 22nd of Sept. I was supposed to have my post-op appt. with my doctor that morning but because we stayed up so late the night before finishing up with our packing we got up a little late and therefore I was late arriving at the doctor's office. My appt. was then rescheduled for the following Thursday, at 3 in the afternoon, the day we actually made our travel here in Newnan. The following day, Wednesday, was when the movers hubby hired was suppose to come to help us load up the moving truck hubby has rented (he drove it himself with all of us barely fitting on the driver/passenger bench seat; it was also a little high for me being I'm a short person so my feet were actually hanging. . .LOL!) but they were late in arriving apparently having had a flat tire. Then while our stuffs were being loaded in the truck, a police activity went on at the apt. unit right above ours with lots of stomping/pounding noise. Cap that with a severe thunderstorm that came shortly after the movers were done loading up the truck and went on all night. We were glad then that it was not until the next day that we were going to make our trek.

Thursday, we had a big chore of cleaning up all the mess left at the apartment and setting aside what will be loaded up in our car upon our return later. We did as much as we could do until it's time for me to see my doctor for my post-op check up. On the way back home hubby decided that he'd rather get some rest and sleep and start our trek at midnight. Good thing too as when we did another round of checking all the cabinets and closets we discovered that we had not emptied our linen/towel closets, as well as the food cabinets and utensils drawers in the kitchen. Oh, Geeeeez! So Son and I stayed up all night putting together boxes, emptying and packing all the stuffs that were left behind. When hubby woke up at 11pm everything were ready to go and he loaded them up in the truck by himself. There was another closet we forgot to check but will explain that one later. So we're all set to go, locked up the apartment, hopped in the truck and by 15 after midnight we were on the road. It was a nice drive/ride, hardly any traffic at all and no rain, that is, until we hit Montgomery, AL. That's where we made our first stop for a very early breakfast at a Waffle House restaurant and to refuel from a nearby gas station. I slept most of the way but our son didn't sleep a wink. . .the music from the radio (country music, of course) kept him awake.

We arrived here in Newnan at 7:35am and decided to stop by Wal-Mart (we finally found it! LOL!) for some food necessity then drove on to our new home. We don't have our keys to the apartment yet so we stopped by the office, but it was still close. So we waited. . .an hour and a half. . .until the manager showed up. The movers hubby hired to help us unload the truck here was also a little late because they got lost somehow. After everything were unloaded son and I took a longish nap while hubby returned the truck. We ordered pizza for dinner that night and went to bed early. . .too tired.

Saturday morning after breakfast hubby took a cab to the airport to pick our rental car at the car rental place there. We drove back to our previous home in MS late that morning to finish up with the cleaning the place and load up our car that we left there then drive back here one last time. . . .or so we thought. Remember when I had shared here my concern about not having enough room in our car for everything we had intended to load up in it? Well, I was right. Oh, Geeeeeez!. . .again. We ended up renting a storage unit and left the least important items we'll need there. So, we got done with the cleaning, loading up the car and now were ready to lock up the place, turn in the keys to the office and go. But wait! Son suddenly asked, "How about this closet?" He was pointing at our coat closet by the entrance door. Oh, Great!!!!! So, we picked one coat/jacket for each of us and I also grab my sweater that was hanging in there and put the rest of them in a large garbage bag. Hubby loaded it up on the front seat of the car and took it to the storage and then picked son and I up, locked up the place, turned in the keys and head for the road. Hubby said if this was not so comical it wouldn't be funny. :-)

We're settling nicely here in Newnan continuing with our unpacking that hopefully will all get done soon. Hubby didn't take the week off as I thought he told me he did. His first 4 days of work is at the main VA Hospital at Decatur. I think he said it's west of Atlanta. Not sure. He's off tomorrow and will start working at the VA Clinic here in Newnan next week. Meanwhile, we'll be making another trek to MS to get some of our stuffs from the storage that we'll need sometime soon, and, most especially my prescription for my BP that we forgot to pick up from the pharmacy at the Air Force Base there before we left, tomorrow. We'll be back Saturday so hubby will get some rest before he report to work on Monday.

BTW, there were all sorts of damages to all our furniture, most especially our bed. The movers that packed our things in the truck had not been very careful and refused to cover the furnitures and didn't take their time loading up the truck. They won't get our business again in the future. The movers that unloaded the truck here has not been all that careful either. . .especially with the boxes that has our breakable wares. All the boxes with breakable wares were all labeled with FRAGILE and the movers still put heavy boxes and stuff on top of them. I was so upset. Fortunately, we have not found anything broken. . .yet. I must have really packed them well enough to prevent the breakage. . .hopefully.

Well, now you all heard it all. Gotta stop here for now and get back to more unpacking chores here. Oh, boy. . .I've got to fix our lunch too! Didn't notice it's that late. I'm still somewhat adjusting to the time here. . .or maybe the change of season has something to do with it too. Thank you all again for all your prayers for me and my son. I will send him all your messages here for him. Take care everyone, safe travels and HUGS!

BHR

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:29:14 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:30 pm »

Sue, read your post and now I'm tired!  LOL!  Glad you made it to GA twice this week!  Y'all have been busy.  Somehow, I've missed the news about your son.  I suppose you have two, one who is helping you move or helped you move.  I'll figure it out some day.  Is the weather cooler in GA than Biloxi?  Glad you did grab a sweater.

I'm getting ready, somewhat, for my mini vacation this weekend.  It's hard to pull away from this computer and get some work done.  I have actually gotten some acct. work done, or what I had to get done until I get home Monday.  I won't be driving, so I'm hoping to get alot of reading done on the 6 hr. drive to Jax.  I had gotten the book Wicked at the library yesterday.  Started it last night, and looking forward to reading this weekend.

Glad you made it safely to Ft. Lauderdale Terry.  Those of you traveling to AL, enjoy the concerts and I'll see you in St. Augustine on Sunday.  Bill, hope to meet up with you and your wife on Sunday, as well as Dizzy, Sue, Louann, Jinx, Debbie and others who are coming that way. I'll be with some friends from SC and they are in for a surprise to see all these fans from all over the world!!!! That's exciting to me.  Hope the weather will be good for us.

That's enough for now, hope you are feeling better Harriet.  You have been dealing with this flu or whatever too long.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:46 pm »

BHR...you wore me out! I can't imagine going through all that and I am so happy you made it safe and sound.
You really must rest now!  I hope you enjoy your new home.  We know it has to be a good town considering
who was raised there!
Sharon, safe travels this weekend.  I am so unbelievably excited for the concert.  It should be a beautiful
venue and I think our weather will be nice.  We have had a wonderful cool front.  I am envious of
everyone going to see Alan tonight!  Our seats Sunday for Row 4 Pit 2.  It will be fun to see everyone
and meet new fans.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:45:40 pm »

BHR, glad you made it safely to Georgia - what an adventure!!!
Wishing everyone safe traveling to the concerts this weekend.  I am looking forward to Saturday!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:58:37 pm »

Hi all

BHR...isn't moving fun!?!
Can't believe it's October....but that's great news!
Sharon, Jinx, Terry, Jeri, Dizzy, and anyone else_________I'm so excited for sunday's concert.  See you there.    Flying out tomorrow night!  Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 09:43:25 pm »

Sue I will be there to pick you up tomorrow nite.
                                                                                           dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 07:09:23 am »

I am so excited about this weekend, and I just saw Alan & the Strayhorns in August!  Don't like to get this excited because then if it doesn't all work out, I'm disappointed.  That never changes no matter how old I am!  LOL!

Safe travels to all of you.  Oh BHR, try the Redneck Gourmet on the square in Newnan.  Delicious food.  Last time I was there I bought a t-shirt and wore it bowling last night.  BTW, my bowling stunk!!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:53:41 am »

Morning everyone,

I am slowly getting used to the time change...LOL  It's warm here, which is wonderful.  I'm sitting here having coffee, waiting to go to the airport.  I think we have a couple hour layover in Orlando.  I know we have to change planes there.  I'm not going to the concert tonight, really don't do the festival type concerts much anymore.  Last night's concert was wonderful (is there any other kind when it's Alan?)  I'll be meeting up with Deb and Bill, Margie, Melanie, Betty and a couple others for the Birmingham concert on Saturday.

BHR, what an adventure in moving!!  Thanks for starting the Oct thread.  Yes, you have to go to the Redneck Gourmet in Newnan, we had a great time there and the food was really good.

Sharon, Sue, and all those traveling, safe travels to you, see you Sunday.

Harriet, hope you're feeling better.

Have a great weekend.

Livin' On Love in California
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:29:09 pm »

Hi everyone. Thanks BHR for starting the OCT. Thread. I am so glad you made it to Georgia safe and sound, but please take it as easy as you can.  That was some story.  Take Care   
I hope Terry, Suem, SHARON, Jinx. Jeri  Dizzy and anyone else has a great time at the concert. Take Care
Harriet I am praying and hoping that you feel better.   Take Care
Have a great weekend everyone.            nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 12:39:10 pm »

Hello Friends. My 1st post on this Oct. thread- have really been under the weather. I'm thinking this could be the Swine Flu. My temp spiked to 102 Friday night & have had a pretty rough weekend. But came over to post Power Picks for tomorrow so thought I would drop by & leave a short note.

BHR- Glad you got moved & that you're taking your time unpacking.

Terry & all the rest going to the concert hope you have a real good time.

Jean-AZ- I see your Twins are now tied with Detroit for the Central Division lead with today being the deciding game. Good luck to the Twins today & hope they can pull it off. The Braves came close but did not make it- we're hoping for better luck next year.

Just here at home recuperating & only a low grade temp now & a cough but need to get my strength back as I feel like a shell of a person. But I know it will get better & I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »

To Harriet I wish you all the luck in the world at the Doctors tomorrow and that he or she helps you very quickly. I feel so sorry for you. You have been so sick.        Take Care         nelle     

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 07:18:42 am »

Hello Friends. My 1st post on this Oct. thread- have really been under the weather. I'm thinking this could be the Swine Flu. My temp spiked to 102 Friday night & have had a pretty rough weekend. But came over to post Power Picks for tomorrow so thought I would drop by & leave a short note.
Just here at home recuperating & only a low grade temp now & a cough but need to get my strength back as I feel like a shell of a person. But I know it will get better & I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Harriet,
Geeze I hope youa re much better now, you have really been ill. I have thought of you so much. Keep us up to date on how you are hon and take care , get pleanty of rest. Hugs and prayers. The concers were great. Wish you could have come .
more later, take care, Jerrie aka Artsy

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 07:45:35 am »

HARRIET, please take care of yourself. You've been ill for far too long. I wish you the best on your doctor's visit today. Still praying for you to get well soon. HUGS!

BHR

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 01:01:13 pm »

HI FRIENDS!  PATIO WEATHER AGAIN THIS A.M., AND ACTUALLY JUST A BIT OF A FALL NIP IN THE AIR...WELCOME AND ENJOYED.
HARRIET, THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR HEALTH CONCERNS, TAKE GOOD CARE, AND KNOW THAT EACH AND EVERY DAY YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL BETTER AND BETTER.  OH, AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS FOR MY "BOYS", MY MN. TWINS...THEY ARE IN A TIE FOR FIRST PLACE IN THE CENTRAL DIVISION, AND THE PLAYOFF GAME AGAINST DETROIT WILL TAKE PLACE TOMORROW AT TH "DOME" IN MPLS...THE LAST GAME TO BE PLAYED IN THAT PLACE, NEXT YEAR THEY WILL MOVE TO THEIR BRAND NEW OUTDOOR STADIUM.  I WILL MISS THAT UGLY OLD PLACE!  NEVER HAD TO WORRY ABOUT BEING RAINED OUT, (OR SNOWED OUT, FOR THAT MATTER!).  THE GAMES THE LAST FEW DAYS HAVE BEEN SUCH A THRILL TO WATCH, THE FANS JUST INCREDIBLE, MY SON CURT AND MY TWO GRANDSONS WERE THERE FOR THEM, AND KEPT CALLING ME WITH UPDATES.  FRIENDS, I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE OUTSIDE OF MY FAMILY, THAT GIVES ME MORE ENJOYMENT THAN SPORTS DO. I AM SO PROUD OF MY TWINS, THE WAY THEY HAVE PLAYED THEIR  HEARTS OUT, AND NEVER GIVEN UP.  IF THEY WIN ON TUESDAY, THEY WILL FACE THE  YANKEES IN YANKEE STADIUM, BUT I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE, THEY WILL PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT, "SMALL MARKET, SMALL PAYROLL" DOESN'T MATTER, THE YANKS WILL KNOW THEY HAVE BEEN IN A FIGHT.  BUT FIRST...WE HAVE TO BEAT A TOUGH DETROIT TEAM.  BUT WIN OR LOSE, I'M SO DARN PROUD OF THEM.  I ALWAYS FEEL MELANCHOLY WHEN THE BASEBALL SEASON ENDS, BECAUSE THANKS TO BEING ABLE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MLB PACKAGE ON TV, I CAN "BE THERE" EVERY DAY, FOR EVERY GAME.  NOW FOOTBALL, AND THE VIKINGS PLAY THE PACKERS TONIGHT.  BUT..FOOTBALL IS NOT MY FIRST LOVE.

BHR
WHAT A MOVE!  HOPEFULLY YOU ARE MOSTLY SETTLED BY NOW.  I FEEL SO LUCKY THAT IN ALL MY MOVES OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS, NOTHING WAS EVER LOST OR DAMAGED.  HOW LUCKY CAN ONE BE!!

THIS THING IS ROLLING DOWN ON ME AGAIN, AND ITS TOO ANNOYING TO CONTINUE..BUT BEST TO ALL OF YOU, GET WELL AND BE WELL BY FRIENDS!

jean-az/allALANalways
p.s., HAVE NO IDEA WHY EVERYTHING GOT UNDERLINED LIKE THIS, ONLY WANTED TO UNDERLING NAMES...BUT WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING AS EACH LINE GOES DOWN, ...WHO KNOWS?Huh

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:03:43 pm by luvthataj » Logged
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 01:24:55 pm »

Hello again. Back from the doctor & the chest xray shows I have pneumonia so this isn't funny & I'm going to take care of myself & get well. He ordered another round of antibiotics & I will go back for another xray in 10 days.

Thanks, Jeri, BHR, Nelle & Jean.

Jean I am excited for your team & might watch that game tomoorow.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: