Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 03:10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 103173 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2009, 08:58:17 pm »

BHR, I am concerned about you- just e-mailed you.

Didn't call because it is 10 Pm & you might be sleeping.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:23:58 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2009, 12:30:55 am »

Evening everyone,

Harriet, good to hear you're feeling so much better.

BHR, hope you're feeling better and maybe just a small cold or maybe allergies?  My bags weren't lost, I was late checking in so they can't guarantee they will be on the same plane as me, and they weren't...LOL  Since they weren't on the next guaranteed flight they had to deliver them to me.

Nelle, Yes, we will have to keep Alan, the Strayhorns, and all the drivers and workers in our prayers when they head to Canada in November. 

Elaine, I sure hope they put a fence between you and the pathway but still give you access to the creek too.

Caz, good to see you posting.  Take care and don't get yourself sick.

Sharon, I agree, we're just dedicated (ok, maybe a little crazy too) to go to see Alan in that freezing weather!!!!  But I'd do it all over again..LOL

It's been beautiful weather here, sure wish we would have had this weather last weekend in TN.  It was 85 here today.

Hope everyone has a fantastic and safe weekend.  Remember......ENJOY LIFE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:00 pm »

BHR I sure hope that the cold won't get
to bad.Yu don't need to be coughing with
your incision still tender.
Nelle will have to pray that the roads will
be good when Alan goes up north.Here
we have snow on the ski hill already.It is
only 12 miles up from me.
Terry oh how great your getting 85 weather
which we would get a little warmer at this time
of the year.
It poured so hardlast night Georgie wouldn't
go out before betime.He got me up at 5
to let him out.Surprised me he lasted that
long.Today it is sunny.Hopeit lasts for awhile.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:04 pm »

One nice about the Cracker Barrel is I can stop and eat there anytime
       so I will be  checking everything out ...It all looking good to me now..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2009, 12:26:22 am »

Wish we had Cracker Barrel's here in CA.  Guess I'll have to check it all out online or when I'm on my next trip.  May have to go to AZ if there's a chance of getting the rocker (suppose I could hint to my daughter that lives in AZ for Christmas..LOL)

Elaine, wish I could trade you some warm weather for some rain.  I can almost guarantee it will be freezing by next weekend, always is on Halloween.  It can be 80 on Oct 30th and 30 on Halloween!!!  It always frustrates Sara since Halloween is her birthday!

Dizzy, nice you have a Cracker Barrel near you.  I love eating there but we don't have them in CA.

It was another beautiful day here, almost 90 with just a little breeze, still have my windows open but will be closing them soon.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I've got homework that I've been putting off.

bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2009, 07:44:59 am »

Just stopping in to say HELLO to everyone.

Have a Great AJ Day  !!

OMGMA
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2009, 03:20:38 pm »

Hello Friends. Hubby is watching football & I'm on the laptop. Typical Sunday afternoon.

Terry- If you go back to Nashville there should be plenty of Cracker Barrels in the area. I know Pigeon Forge has 3. Maybe online will be easier. Kinda chilly here- in the 50's.

Sharon- So proud of Clemson for beating Miami. That was great!

JeanB -Watched the skating in Russia today-the Rostlecom- 2nd Grand Prix event of the season. Kevin came in 5th. American Johnny Weir was 4th.The winner- Russia's Evgeni Plushenko who has come out of a 3 year retirement back to competitive skating. He has been the dominant male skater this decade & his long program was clean & very well done.

BHR- Glad you don't have the flu. I was cocerned since you recently had surgery.

Elaine- Hope the roads will be clear for Alan's concerts.

Nelle- Thanks. Hugs. Well on the way to recovery.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:22:51 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2009, 02:37:59 pm »

How I wish we had Cracker barrel here.
I never seen one in Canada.
Terry hope this year Halloween will
be nicer.It has been raining so much
here that I hope the kids have a nice day
for trick or treating.
Harriet so glad you are feeling much better.
Geting so tired of the rain but I shouldn't
complain as it is snowing in the mountains.
The Olympic skiers will be training here.That
is as much as we will get as it cost a arm and
a leg to go to the games.Of course the Government
workers go 3000 free tickets.
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2009, 01:28:59 am »

Elaine, looks like Halloween may be fairly nice this year.  We've got a huge cold front coming in tomorrow afternoon with very strong winds, up to 70mph...yuck. 

Harriet, I changed my travel plans to go to see Alan at the Cracker Barrel in Mt. Juliet.  So good to hear you are feeling so much better.

Hi Margie!

With leaving 3 days earlier than I had planned I've got tons of stuff to do.  Plus now hubby will be going up to Washington to help his best friends stepdaughter move back to Phoenix.  He will fly up there and meet them, then help drive a U-haul back. He will be leaving on Thursday, the 5th. Told our son he needs to plan on being home here since both hubby and I will be gone to feed all the animals.

Have a great rest of the week friends.  I take kids bowling tomorrow and then square dancing on Thursday.  They will have their Halloween dance that night and I'm in charge of getting the candy, bags, etc together.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:22 am »

It's warmer this morning, but it has been cool and overcast for a few days. 

My grandson's football team was in the playoffs last night and they won!!!! What a surprise to the other team! LOL!  So, they play again tonight.  Those little fellas (10-12 y.o.) played their hearts out.  It was the most exciting game of the season.  My dil had brought his extra football pants to turn in because she just knew that it would be the last game! 

We have a Cracker Barrel in Spartanburg, can't wait to go and see the collection.  I'll go on November 2nd in memory of y'all in TN! 

I never have kids come for trick or treating.  I love to give out the candy and see the costumes.  I have driven into town to help my son give out the candy.  This year our church is having trunk and treat on Wednesday (tomorrow night).  I was in the Dollar Store last Thursday and decided to get all kinds of stuff to decorate the trunk, skeletons, a witch felt banner, ghost motel sign, pumpkin garland and bats & spiders.  Then at church Sunday the lady that's over it said to decorate the trunk in a bible story theme!  So unless, I depict Golgotha, or the end of time, my decorations aren't gonna work!!!!  Oh well, maybe my friend who works at the Elks club can use them!  Maybe Grant (my gs) would like them!  LOL!  Hate to just waste that money!

Hope you are feeling better, BHR! 

Terry, my daughter's birthday is November 1.  Sara's birthday is almost like having a birthday on Christmas, huh?  Everyone is thinking of Halloween. 

Thanks for mentioning Clemson's win over Miami Saturday!  We were cheering here in the living room!!!! Funny, how a football win makes a difference.

Good to hear from you Caz.  How's it going in Merry Ole England?  Still in school? 

Margie, what's going on with you besides "popping in"?

Finally finished reading "Wicked".  I was bound and determined to get through it.  Definitely will not read it again!  But I do know something about the play I'm supposed to see in February.  The story of the Wicked Witch of the West!  Didn't even think about reading it around Halloween!!!!  OOOOOOHHHHH!

I'm rattling on, y'all have a good Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:24 am »

Sharon, I just had to laugh out loud picturing your trunk decoration of Golgotha or the end of time!!! Our church did a trunk and treat last weekend. 
My daughter and I went to see Wicked a couple of years ago.  She picked up the book too, but I just could not get into it even though I enjoyed the play.
Sherry

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2009, 02:37:34 pm »

Terry enjoy seeing Alan at the Cracker
barrel.
Sharon congrats to your grandson on
his football win.
Sherry did you enjoy the book Wicked.
I am a avid reader and read all kinds of
books.
Had to go get my hair cut this morning.
It was cold out.I noticed the snow was
half way down the mountain.Won't be
long and we will have it down here.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2009, 04:42:25 pm »

Hello Friends,

Harriet, glad you are recovering well. I missed the skating in Russia. I don't think it was on tv in Belgium. Looking forward to the Olympics this winter.

Elaine, don't have Cracker Barrel in the environs neather. grmbl!!!

Sharon, congrats to your grandson.
We have nice spring (?) weather for the moment. So i go for a bike ride tomorrow.

I readed in the Belgian/Netherlands newsletter from Nashville that he new album of Alan Jackson "Songs Of Love And Heartache" containt two new songs :
"That's What I'd Be Like Without You" and "Nothing Sure Looked Good On You" + 1 old songs.

Those who go to see Alan at Crackers, have a safe trip and enjoy Alan.

Wish you good night / good day everybody,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:43 pm »

Jean glad you still have nice enough weather
to go bike riding.
This morning it was really cold.They are
still driving Georgie and I crazy with that
big machine at the creek.I don't know why
the thing runs all night.
Harriet hope your rain has stopped and you
had no flooding yesterday.
Elaine

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 03:43:44 pm »

Elaine, I am also an avid reader, but I could not get into Wicked and did not finish it.  I had already seen the play and enjoyed that, but couldn't get into the book.  Maybe Sharon can tell you how the book was and what she thinks after seeing the play.
Sherry

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: