Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 09:01:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: AUSTRALIA!!!  (Read 145818 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2010, 09:18:23 pm »

I sit here reading about all of your excitement.  I am a fanclub member and was so excited when this tour was announced, jumping around the house yelling, screaming etc.  Then I found out the price of the tickets...I love AJ but as I do not live in the Eastern states I figure with costs involved of airfares, accommodation and tickets plus taking time off work, baby sitter etc and the ever increasing exchange rate of our dollar it would be cheaper for me to fly to the US to see AJ there and so many more artists...I travel to see artists, recently to Melbourne for Tim McGraw, I just don't sit at home waiting for them to come but this pricing is too much to justify, sorry AJ you have priced yourself out of the market for so many people Sad

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to be Alan's concert basically because of your problem with the ticket pricings. While I understand your sentiment, I have to let you know that Alan have nothing directly to do with the decison making on the ticket pricings at his concerts. That's between the promoter/venue management and Alan's record label management. He can make suggestions on lowering the prices but it wouldn't necessarily be the most popular decision at the end of the contractural negotiation between all involved. I'm not saying all these in defense of Alan, but just stating some facts, so, please don't make him be as the one responsible for the high ticket prices. If he have his way about it, I'm sure all ticket prices at all his concerts will be a whole lot lower. He always have respected the fact that the money his fans are spending on his concerts tickets are hard earned money and never did like ticket prices constantly going up but he doesn't have overall control over it.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but I do understand.

BHR

Redneck62

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »

Dont blame AJ for the ticket prices, i'ts not him who sets the price, I'ts the promotors, anyway $259 for front row seats is good value for an international artist, better than the $500 there asking for the Eagles tickets. I would garrantee that if these promotors new he was going to be so popular, the tickets would have been twice the price.

Got my 2 Friday night front row tickets for Brizzy (bought within 30 seconds of box opening) got my plane tickets, I just would not miss this for the world.

Just wish the promotors of these artists new there was another half to Australia, We here in the West miss out on so much.    

I'ts Alright to be a REDNECK!!!!!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2010, 10:03:28 pm »

G'day BHR............thank you so much for the information, I shall attempt to change it sometime today............I am an avid country music fan and I have a number of favourites in particular Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, George Strait, Reba and Buddy Jewell and here in Australia Troy Cassar-Daley...........I had the chance to go to Nashville a few years ago to celebrate my 50th and I was so excited that I got to see Buddy Jewell and a number of others at the Grand Ole Opry.....it was awesome..........and I also done that tour of the stars home and was so blowin away by the size of Alan Jackson beautiful home......so big!!!

I am so excited about getting 3rd row, i will be attending with my brother and his wife, we are all crazy made AJ fans and they were just as nervous as me when i bought the tickets............I am going to get in contact with Dee and Jenny and hope that we can meet each other.

I'm also planning another trip to Nashville for next year, during the Country Music Festival in June.........do you got to that festival?.  I have a friend that is a country music singer who lives in Nashville, his name is Troy Lee Coombs.........he has been out here to Australia a few times and has attended our Tamworth Country Music Festival trying to establish a name here in Australia.............well thank you again and hope to talk with you soon........Jedda

Hi, there, Jedda! Sorry for not responding sooner. . .been having problems with our internet connection, among other things. . .and for giving you the wrong direction. . .re: changing username. Try this one - from the homepage, click on NEED HELP? at the upper right hand corner. That will take you to a "help" page where you will get assistance in resetting your password and username via email. Everything is self explanatory when you get there. For the username, it asks there if you have forgotten your username. Go ahead and give your email address there and see if you will be sent instruction(s) as to how you could change your username. If not, email AJFC again. . .and again. You'll probably sooner or later. . .hopefully, sooner. . .will get a response from them.

Jedda, would you please send me your email address either via email or personal messaging [PM]? Just click on the icon for either of them that are below my avatar (the small photo). I would like to formally introduce myself to you and would prefer to do it in private. Thanks! Hope you'll get a chance to get together with Dee and Jenny. It's exciting that Alan is doing another date in Brisbane. Another opportunity for those who missed out on the previous ticket sales to get to see Alan in concert. Happy for you all.

It's late and I must get my "beauty" sleep now. :-)  Talk to you again later. G'dnite!

BHR

emailstoamber

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2010, 10:36:11 pm »

Hey Jedda!  I'm going to Nashville next year as well for the CMA Festival.  I went this year as well and got to see Alan there as well on stage.  I had the BEST time of my life over there!  Absolutely fell in love with Nashville.  In my next life I want to be born there!!!  Nothing makes me happier than Nashville and the country music Smiley

Amber.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2010, 02:09:13 am »

Hey Jedda!  I'm going to Nashville next year as well for the CMA Festival.  I went this year as well and got to see Alan there as well on stage.  I had the BEST time of my life over there!  Absolutely fell in love with Nashville.  In my next life I want to be born there!!!  Nothing makes me happier than Nashville and the country music Smiley

Amber.

Hello Amber...........that is awesome.......you will have to give me some tips.....i would love to secure a gold pass so we will have to talk!!! - I'm on facebook so i will send you a private email with my detaisl.......hope to talk with you through FB thats if your registered.

So did you get tickets for Alans Sydney concert.......if so we must meet up, this is so awesome........this is just a great site.........the only question I have of the organisers.....why are there now 3 concerts in Brisbane, would have great for another one in Sydney!!!........anyway talk soon........Jedda

SoCalMum99

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2010, 02:19:23 am »

I know tickets go on sale for this on October 8.  But am wondering if anyone knows if fan club members get to buy tickets before the general public?  I hope so!  I want front row!!!  Smiley 
Hey there,
Just wondering if you managed to get yourself some tickets? I am so glad that I bought mine in the fan club pre-sale as tickets sold out so quickly.
Can't wait for Alan to finally get here. I'm taking two of my kids and they are so excited, especially since they didn't get to go to Tim McGraw the other week.
Thank you Alan (and Tim) for finally deciding to grace us with your presence. Can't wait!!!!  Smiley
zook37

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2010, 02:27:24 am »

I missed out on the tickets for the first two brissie shows, so I decided I had better get off my backside and register as a fan so I can get preferred tickets to the newly announced 3rd show!!!!!

I cannot wait to see AJ Live!!! Will be something very special!!!  Grin Grin Grin
Summertime

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2010, 05:58:53 am »

Awesome news that Alan has had to add another show to the Aussie Tour.  We have been waiting, hoping & praying for a such a long time for this moment!!!

Congrats Redneck62 on your front row tickets, how awesome that must feel.  I wonder how many other fanclub members managed to score front row???

honkytonkgal, I am sorry you are not going to get to see Alan in Australia but I do seriously understand - the cost is a bit expensive particularly for families.  Maybe it is the promoters who only see $$$$.

Alan in Australia, wow that has such a nice ring to it!!!

counting down to March 2011.
ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2010, 03:30:27 pm »

I see the ticket scalpers are already listing on EBAY. I always though it was against EBAY policy to let sellers  overprice on concert tickets..i emailed the sellers asking them the same question on overpricing but of course will get no replies..these people should be banned from EBAY...It's mainly the BUY NOW ones i object to--if people want to make bids and be prepared to pay big bucks then that's their decision..but how can the others justify wanting almost a $1,000.00 for tickets worth $500.00??
TanyaJenkins

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:19 pm »

I was most devistated when my daughter and I were both frantically redialling 2 phones to purchase tickets the second they came on sale and I was also trying to get through on the internet, but failed!!! Eventually after 40 min on hold on the phone, a ticket chick said she can't even get me 8 tickets to any of the Australian concerts. Not even 8 single seats!!! I was guttered! Then a few hours later, I checked to ticket site to get the promoters details to ring and demand another concert and low and behold, they'd already added a 3rd Brissy concert!! So this time I joined the AJ fanclub, after a mate secured her tickets through this site for the 1st Brissy concert. We ain't missing out this time!
Does anyone know with the preferred seating arrangements, if you can get seats up higher to the side? As I have a couple of oldies with bung hips and knees and won't wanna stand all concert with people from the back standing in front of the stage, so we up near the front, can't see unless we stand up too.
Can't wait... and I really hope we get tickets via this site this time!!
Another question... does anyone know why these huge artists don't come to Cairns anymore? I know Tim went to Townsville (although we saw him in Brissy), but that was because CMC Rocks the North already had that concert organised and were lucky enough to score Tim as a headliner. But it would be fantastic if the promoters of these artists had thier concerts in regional areas, as that's where the majority of thier fans are.
Anyway can't wait for the concert. Gonna be AWESOME!!
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2010, 01:41:15 am »

Hi Kimberly.  Yes, I was sad that we wouldn't be attending the same concert.  I hope you enjoy your stay in my country.  My daughter lives on the Gold Coast, not all that far from Brisbane.  The road from Sydney to Brisbane is pretty straight sailing.  A friend from England came to visit last year and I laughed when she told me she thought she was on a minor road and wondered when they'd get to the Pacific Highway, which is the road which links the eastern capital cities of Oz.  She realised a long time later she'd been on it for ages.  She'd been expecting a much larger road, LOL.  For the most part, that road is a 4 to 6 lane highway.

Thanks Dee!!! I sure will..
I'm just soooo excited right now...can hardly wait!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2010, 04:17:14 am »

I'm very very HAPPY for you Aussies that ALAN is coming down under.

We visited your country in 1999 and it was our best vacation(holiday..) EVER !!
We scuba dived at Great Barrier Reef, visited the Red Center and went to Hinchinbrook Island. 
While at Hinchinbrook Island we went for a day trip to Zoee (sp) Falls.
We were part of the Creek to Coast documentary that a TV station from Brisbane was working on ....awesome awesome trip !!

Good luck to anyone trying for tix to 3rd Brisbane show.

OMGMA
aussietomt

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2010, 05:39:25 am »

So Brisbane has 3 concerts and Sydney and Melbourne only one each. Plenty of dates available for more concerts at either state capital within the first few days.
If they are not prepared to go at least one more they are kidding themselves that it would not fill after the response so far.
Still five months to go to "kick Off" time ....have a go folks and let those of us that missed out get a second chance.
Mouse

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2010, 03:48:22 am »

As a new member to the AJ fan club can anyone enlighten me about the pre-seating tickets?
I live in Sydney, missed out on that concert so am trying for the 3rd Brisbane concert as it appears Alan is'nt doing a 2nd in either Melbourne or Sydney. I am so sad.
I don't want to miss out.
I saw Alan 19 years ago, this is my next opportunity.
emailstoamber

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2010, 03:55:03 am »

Hey Jedda!  Sorry haven't been on here for a few days - but yeh, add me to facebook - we'll have to meet up!  Did you message me?  Because I have nothing in my inbox.  Search for me on facebook under Amber Eldridge (it's a picture of me playing the guitar)  Smiley 

Amber.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: