Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 06:17:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 117340 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 04:00:55 pm »

Happy belated Anniversary Terry!  Hope y'all had a good dinner out.  I know you're glad Glen is working.

Went to the dr. this morning.  He took an EKG, and blood work.  Everything looked fine and if all the lab work is good he said I don't need to come back for a year!  Did get the flu shot and he told me he wanted me to get at least 30 min. of aerobic exercise 5 times a week and could lose some weight.  I'll work on all that.

Made the pear preserves.  Too much like work to me.  Next time I'll just buy Braswells!  LOL! Of course it's nice to say "I made them myself".  Cut the devil out of my right hand though.  Pears are not so easy to pare......word play!

Jean/AZ, just change the 10 to 12 after you get it on the screen.  That will increase the size, you can make it larger than that if you want.

BHR, good to hear from you.  Are you getting any reading done? 

Jeri, sure hope the buzzards were not a death omen.  I had heard that too.

Y'all have a good Tuesday evening.  I'm bowling tomorrow in a tournament in Greenwood.  They usually have great door prizes.  LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 06:27:22 pm »

Good Evening AJ fans!  Another beautiful day - I know I sound like a broken record, but it's been really nice in the part of the Midwest.

Terry, Happy Anniversary!!
Sharon, glad your doctor visit showed everything was fine.
BHR, glad to here you are getting out a bit.  Two weeks is enough sitting around - don't overdo though!
JeanB - brats is short for bratwurst, a german sausage.  I always buy the fresh ones and boil them in beer & onions before grilling them.  YUMMY!!

I forgot, I also made the Chocolate Chip Cake from Alan's cookbook on Sunday.  That is very good!  My son enjoyed it too!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2009, 12:55:39 am »

Hello everyone,

We went out to dinner last night to a little Mexican place we like.  It was great and had enough leftovers for tonight.
Thank you all for your anniversary wishes.

Sharon, good to hear your healthy, (at least in body..LOL), ya know I'm just kiddin' you, and I love ya.

Kathy, your desert sounds great, I'll have to try it.  I bought a few of the new cookbooks for Christmas gifts and got on that was autographed.  Of course I won't be using that one in the kitchen.  Hope to get some time soon to try some of Alan's recipes.

Jeri, hubby and I were married the same year Alan and Denise were, just a few months earlier.  Sure hope we get nice weather for the concerts next month.

Louann, sounds like a peaceful weekend.  Wish I had a pool (except for the upkeep).  Kind of the same way I'd love to have grass...LOL

Jean, what do you think of that young Georgia girl that is taking the tennis world by surprise?

The fire is a little more than 50% contained now, another big flare up today.  They keep saying this fire goes from being a very angry fire to being an irritated fire and then back to being angry.

Took clients bowling today and their square dancing starts back up on Thursday.  One of my down syndrome "kids" got a Wii over the weekend and practiced bowling for hours and hours.  He bowled a 113 today so it must help.  I'd love to get one and get the "get fit" addition. 

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday, I take a senior out tomorrow.

Livin' On Love in California
caz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2009, 02:52:35 am »

Happy September to you all, hope all are well, getting ready to return to school and do all my exams not looking forward to that much but needs must. Happy belated anniversary to terry and hubby glad to hear you had a lovely evening, the food sounds great. I love mexican food but then again theres not much food I dont like or wont try and least once lol
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2009, 07:41:15 am »

Kathy, thanks for the bratwurst!lol; I eat it almost every week. You like beer in the kithen! try rabbit in beer sauce.(dark sweet Belgian beer if you find it). A delice !!! and a Belgian speciality.

Terry, you mean Melanie Oudin. Sorry i didn't see her playing. i know only that she's still in the running. If the Belgian tv or Eurosport transmit one of her matchs i watch. Today at 7pm Belgian time Yanina Wickmayer (19 Y) plays for the 1/4 finals.
Was it the Mexican restaurant where you invided us ? Good food there !

Caz, good luck for the exams;

Sharon, doc is right. 30 minutes training a day make you feel mutch better!
Enjoy the bowling tournament and try to win !

Jeri, i keep your mom in my prayers.
Don't forget to take a bracke for yourself.

Hi Louann and Jean Az... everbody reading,

Enjoy your day everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 02:28:20 pm »

I see you all have posted so much.Will come
back after I finish my washing to get caught
up.
It rained all morning.The sun has just come out.
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:50 am »

Jean, yes I meant Melanie Oudin, she was eliminated today.  No, it wasn't the same Mexican place we took you to, a little fancier.  I agree, the place in Lucerne has really great food.  I really love those family owned places like that one.

Caz, good luck on your tests.  I'm sure you will do great.

Not much new here, same ole routine, homework, housework, work, etc.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 11:07:41 am »

We had a storm last night, 1.75 inches of rain.  Which we needed.  It's overcast today and more rain is predicted.

Glad you had a nice anniversary dinner Terry.  Yeah, I heard your comment about my physical....we have to be a little off to gad about like we do.  I'm sure looking forward to the concerts next month.

I didn't win anything yesterday at the tournament, but did have fun. Two of the women that went with me won door prizes and one won a medal.  Some of the same seniors come back year after year and it's good to see them again.  One man who is in his late 80's or early 90's is still bowling.  Good for him.

Did I hear right that Alan didn't get any CMA nominations?  I can't get the local radio to play ISLB either! 

Haven't tried any of the recipes in the cookbook.  I need to check it out.  I'm wanting something sweet now that y'all have been talking about the chocolate chip cake!

Caz, good luck with your school work.  Good for you to keep on with your studies.

Y'all have a good Thursday.  I think Clemson is playing GA on tv tonight!

That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 02:07:12 pm »

Terry like you not much new here.Cleaned
out the fridge this morning.Was going to go
shopping this afternoon but my license plate
is overdue.I usually get a notice when it comes
due.For some reason didn't get one this year and
I forgot all about it.(LOL)
Sharon it is so nice that people can bowl at any
age.We have a lot of senior legues here.
A nice fall day here.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:05 pm »

Like everyone is saying - not much new.  Just checking in to say Hi!
TGIF!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 08:51:52 pm »

Evening everyone.  Hope everyone is doing ok.  I'm watching the football game, well actually my son wanted to watch it then he went outside!  Hubby is off to help someone whose car broke down after a nap.  He goes to work at 4:30 in the morning, so he gets up at 3.  He's exhausted when he gets home, especially in this heat.  I've got an essay to do but wanted to pop in and say hello.

Sharon, I'm looking forward to the concerts and time in FL too.  Hope the weather is nice enough for some beach time with AJ friends.  (as long as Louann doesn't make a wrong turn...LOL)  Sounds like you had a great time at your bowling tournament.  We have a lot of senior leagues here too.

Elaine, so what do you have to do to get your license plate renewed?  Do you keep them year after year and just get new stickers like we do here in CA or do you get new plates every year?

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:57 pm »

Hi folks- just had to erase a post because the color was too light. Don't use beige.

Doing some better now but still not quite there yet. It takes me longer to get over illnesses than it used to. Tomorrow our flat screen TV is coming. It is a 37 inch Vizio. We do not have a large TV area so did not get one of the big ones.

BHR- Great to see you post. I will send you my phone number. Will wait til I'm completely well to see you since you are recuperating from surgery. Glad you're improving.

Terry- Happy Big Anniversary. My sister & one of my brothers got married in 1979. We had 2 July weddings- really busy as I remember.
I don't think Alan is coming to Atlanta this year but I'm going to see Toby a week from tonigt & applied for a M & G. My seats are Row 13 center section at Lakewood.

Sharon- Clemson & Ga Tech are playing now. Ga Tech is leading now but I don't count my chickens until they're hatched.

JeanB- I enjoyed watching Melanie Oudin- she is the future of American Women's Tennis. Right now I'm rooting for Serena & Roger. Serena faces Kim in the semi-finals.

Thanks again to Alan & CMT for Aquapalooza- it made me feel like I was at a concert.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:01:52 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

suem

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2009, 10:39:58 pm »

Hi all
Exhausted and thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.............long work days and lots of testing.
Harriet, glad to read you are feeling better. Have my fingers crossed you get your meet and greet with Toby.  I know you really enjoy his music.
Just realized I was too tired to read and post.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:35 am »

Today is a solemn day for all of us.  I hope we never forget 9/11/2001.  Alan's song should be playing all over the radio and t.v. today.

We bought an American flag last weekend and put it up.  I use to have one before, and finally replaced it.  Love to see the Red, White, and Blue flying, especially on holidays and special occasions. 

I'm mentioning my bowling last night, but I'm not telling you what I bowled!  LOL!

Have any of you seen Taylor Swift's video of her watching the CMA nominations?  So cute.  Also, heard Carrie Underwood's new song last night.  Don't know the name of it, but it's about giving advice to another girl about the guy at the music box.  Alot of words and fast, like Good Times.  I think it was Carrie Underwood.

Harriet, good to hear you're feeling better.  I hope you do get a M&G with Toby too!

Got to see the last of the game last night.  Sorry Clemson couldn't pull it out.

Hope y'all have a good Friday and good weekend. 

That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 07:59:01 pm »

Hello Friends. Enjoying the flat screen- really nice. Now I have all the Toys I wanted- iPod, Laptop & Flat Screen TV. I feel lucky we found good prices on all of these.

Sharon- Clemson is a good team. I was glad to see GA Tech make that last push for the winning field goal. I agree the memory of 9/11 must never go away. Our radio station played Where Were You today.

Sue- I really want the Meet & Greet with Toby & of course I want one with Alan when he brings us a concert.

It rained all day at the U.S. open so no tennis was played. They will try tomorrow.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: