Alan Jackson
April 20, 2024, 02:07:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 106462 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »

Hope everyone has a fantastic September.

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:45:46 pm »

Terry thanks for the Sept thread.We
are having fall weather here.Cool at
night and hot by the afternoon.Saw the
fires you have on CNN this morning.They
said it would take about three weeks to get
them under control.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:41:11 pm »

Thanks for starting the September thread Terry.
 With September fall is in our country too Elaine ! Raining most of the day.

Enjoy fall anyway everybody ...
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:16:01 pm »

I can't believe its September already!

Back to school for the kids!

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:22 pm »

Hi Folks. Well, now Hubby & I have both had the flu- I'm pretty sure it was the H1N1 because the regular flu does not strike this time of year. And the flu reports say it is widespread in Georgia. But we are on the mend. The weather is cool- the high today was 70. We love this weather & haven't needed our AC in several days.

Terry- I saw a full report on the California fires- it looks like some of them are encroaching on LA & in fact have already reached the houses in the suburbs. I hope there are no fires near you.
Thanks for starting the September Thread.A

ajjunkie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:22:09 pm »

Happy September. We are having fall like weather here too.

To be honest I was wondering about Terry and the fires too....that's one reason I stopped by.
Terry~hope you are all safe where you are.
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 07:25:54 pm »

Happy September!  Fall weather here also - looks like the West has all the hot weather.

Harriet, glad you & hubby are feeling better.
Those fires look so awful - Terry hope you are safe.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »

Thank you everyone for your concern with the fires.  We are safe where we are, but are getting a lot of the smoke.  The largest fire is about 50 miles West of us, and the other two big fires are about 50 miles South of us so we're getting the smoke on two fronts.  Have had to adjust activities for my clients to indoor ones due to the smoke.  We don't mind that, it's cooler inside anyway.  Lots of wild animals have been captured and are being cared for by the LA zoo. 

We certainly have not been having fall weather, over 100 again today, but it is Sept in the desert.  Many years Sept is our hottest month but this year who knows the way the weather has been so strange.

Harriet, sorry both you and your hubby had the flu, good to hear you're on the mend and feeling better.

Annie, thanks so much for popping in to check on me.  Good to see you. 

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. 

Livin' On Love in California
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:10 pm »

Terry Mazie and myself always get the map and see if the fires are near you...
                            So glad you are not in the line of fire..dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 08:32:27 pm »

Glad to hear that you are safe now Terry.  I sure hope they get the fires under control really soon and especially without anymore loss of life.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:56:18 am »

Thanks for starting the September  thread Terry.  I'm another one who has had you and yours on my mind with the fires.  The news this a.m. said that it is better out there, but I believe 65 homes have been lost and maybe that many lives too.  Hope your sister is doing ok.  Those with respiratory problems are having a hard time. 

We have had a little cool snap.  It's in the 60's at night and 70's in the day.  But warmer weather is coming back.   It always does this so the trees began their cycle!  LOL!  Love it here!  If only I had a smaller home, self maintained.  There is a Sun City in Lancanaster and if I could talk Jerry into moving I would. 

Boots has been standing guard during the night, so I think a mouse or critter has gotten into the duct work.  I told Jerry we need to have a "small" person go under the house to check all the stuff.  We can't do that kind of stuff anymore.  I never liked to, but Jerry was alot better at taking care of that.

Got my e-newsletter from the fan club.  Thanks Cindy.  I know you have your plate full with all the stuff with the new website and Alan's stuff.

Harriet, sorry to hear you and your hubby both had the flu.  Please take it easy. 

Y'all have a good Wednesday. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:21 am »

Harriet, hope you and hubby recover quick from the fllu. Many in Belgium have flu too!

Belgian girls do it excellent in the US Open. all of them (3) in the third round. Today Clijsters(B) against Flipkens(B).

Hi Chrissy, Ajjunkie, Kathy, Terry, dizzy, AJ Texasfan, Sharon, Elaine ... everybody reading.

have a nice day.

jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 09:05:46 am »

Thanks for starting the September thread Terry...
like usual not much to tell here, we've been having rain most of the days lately..

Hi to everyone, enjoy whatever it is you're doing!

AJ IS THE BEST
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 01:44:48 pm »

Hi Friends. Just to let you know I heard from BHR & she is on the mend & a bit impatient to get well so they can make their move to Atlanta.

We are fine & seem completely recovered from the flu.

Watched part of the Tennis yesterday & Venus & Serena Williams won as did Roger Federer.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:46:59 pm »

Not much new here.Had thunder and lightning
last night but very little rain.Today we have
it again.It has been pouring all morning.
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: