Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 02:27:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 106742 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »

Hi Friends. Looks like I have the flu again. Wake up at night coughing & the sore throat continues as well as temperature fluctuations but only a low grade fever so guess it could be worse. Doing a lot of sleeping & guess it will get better.Tired of being slowed down by this.
Hubby ordered a flat screen TV online- first he looked at them at Costco & knew which one he wanted but online orders give a rebate & they deliver it to your house. Ours has been shipped & we are waiting for delivery.

Jeri, it is a relief for you & Jerry knowing he doesn't have heart disease. I'm sure that's a load off your mind. I am happy for you.

JeanB- congrats to Kim for beating Venus Williams today. She's on the comeback trail for sure.
[/size][/b]

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 06:03:10 am »

Thanks Harriet, two crazy games 6-0/0-6 and than a game like we don't see enough on the tennis courts. This evening our upcoming star Yanina Wickmayer play.
btw: Justin Henin is training again for exhibition matchs ... maybe another comeback !
Congrats for de flat screen.

Hello everybody
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 11:46:40 am »

Another beautiful day - great weather for this holiday weekend.  Love having all the windows open!

Harriet, so sorry you are feeling bad again.  Take care & get lots of rest!

I've recorded Aquapalooza also and will be watching it many times.  Sharon, I'm sure CMT will show it again - it was great!

The rest of the day I'm doing the couch potato thing.  I've already made the potato salad for dinner & dusted the house.  Bratwurst & potato salad for dinner that will be easy. 

You can really tell Fall is in the air - even though it's technically summer until 9/22.  I love the Fall and all the beautiful colors!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 01:58:36 pm »

Harriet, sorry to hear you're under the weather again.  Get lots of rest.
Kathy, I think the couch potato thing is a great for today..LOL
Jean, enjoy watching tennis.  Are you still riding your bike a lot?
Sharon, those buzzards are so ugly, and much bigger than most people think.  Bet that was a bit scary having them right on your house.
Elaine, can you stream the new video on cmt.com?  Are your g-daughters all ready to go back to school?
Jean, so happy to hear you have been able to enjoy some cooler weather so you can use your patio.  It was actually under 100 here yesterday and suppose to be cooler today.
Jeri, Oct will be here before we know it.

The big fire here is 50% contained but jumped a major highway on Saturday.  They hope to get much more contained today as the weather is helping with cooler temps.

Tomorrow is our 30th wedding anniversary but hubby has to work (thankful he has work) so we may go out to dinner tonight. 

Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday.

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 02:00:39 pm »

Harriet take it easy until you feel better.
Hope your hubby is starting to feel better to.
Kathy we are having fall weather here. Not
so nice for the fall fair in Amrstrong.Teresa
Jay and her family went to the fair on Sunday
and got caught in the hail that lasted ten
minutes.
Today it is only fifty .
Elaine

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 02:05:20 pm »

Terry you and I were posting at the same time.
Happy anniversary to you and Glen .Enjoy the day.
Kelsey and Jess go back to school tomorrow.
The only place I get to see Alan's video is on the
computer.
Elaine

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 03:15:37 pm »

Terry, happy annversary to you and your hubby!  Have a nice romantic dinner! Thirty years is quite a milestone in this day and age!  CONGRATULATIONS!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
suem

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 04:18:27 pm »

Hi to all AJ fans,
Terry, congratulations!  30 years-  that's awesome!  Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss.  Happy to hear hubby is working. Thank goodness the fires are being contained.  Feel bad for the Californians whose life was affected by this fire that was deliberately lit.  I just don't get what makes some people tick.
Kathy, brats and potato salad.  Yummy.  We're having brats and chips because I'm too lazy to make potato salad.
Elaine, we've had a cool weekend too.  Not quite as cool as your weather.  Hubby has a cold so our boating outing has been cancelled.
Jean, your patio mornings are delightful.  Relaxing on my patio is one of my favorite things to do during the summer.
Harriet, get well soon!  What kind of a flat screen did you get and size?  Hubby is looking at them.
Off to grill the brats.
Jeri, I'm still working on coming up with something I love....so that's why I change it.  Gives me something to do when I'm bored.  School starts tomorrow so I won't have so much free time!
Hugs to all.  Remember to do something special for your love ones during this stressful times.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:39:34 pm by suem » Logged

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »

Happy Anniversary, Terry!!  We just celebrated our 36th on the first.

Harriet, hope you get to feeling better really soon.

JeanB enjoy that tennis!

To all of you having fall weather and colors enjoy - we don't get much of that here!!!

Sue, I enjoy seeing how you change things each time I see you comment!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 07:51:12 pm »

Hi, Everyone!

Just been doing a lot of lurking here lately while continuing my recovery. I'm doing well with very minimal discomfort, mostly when my body is in motion. Other than that, I'm doing a whole better than I actually thought I would be at this point. Went out yesterday, just for the second time since my surgery, and it felt real good. We did our usual weekend grocery shopping and got a bit tired but did very well. My first outing was last Thursday evening when hubby took us out to dinner and it was grand for me, after having been indoors for almost 2 weeks. . . .I was starting to go crazy...LOL!

Harriett, so sorry to hear you're not well again. Praying for speedy recovery and good health for you and your hubby. We have been looking at rental homes online within the Cobb County this past weekend and printed out a few that we might look at when we make our trip to Atlanta this coming weekend. I'm so glad we waited another week to make this trip. I don't think I would have lasted without any discomfort otherwise. Thanks for all your help and keeping in touch with me.

Sharon, my hubby watches lots of college footballs too but is not much on NFL. So, we spent Saturday glued on tv watching football games too. Unfortunately, our fave team's game was not on tv here but we listened to their game via online radio broadcast. Congrats to Clemson! Happy to say our Huskers won too. Belated happy birthday to your son and keep the buzzards there. :-)

Terry, to you and your hubby, HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY! I still can remember when we celebrated our 30th, hubby surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of tulips in assorted colors that he ordered and had delivered on the morning of that day. He usually would get me roses and that was the the first time he had given flowers other than roses. We had our 38th this past May. Many more blessings of blissful days to you both.

Jeri, so happy to hear the good news on your hubby. Continued prayers for good health for you both. Thanks for thinking about me on my continuing recovery from my surgery. I appreciate that.

JeanAz, R2D2 flu? Thought was cute also. I forget it sometimes too. :-)

Beth and Kim, BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to both of you. Hope you both had a wonderful one.

JeanB, enjoy your tennis!

Hello to everyone I had amiss and reading this. Take care all. HUGS!

BHR

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 07:55:48 pm »

Thank you everyone for the anniversary wishes.  Hubby has been busy all day so I still don't know if he wants to go out tonight or tomorrow night.  Doesn't matter to me either way.
BHR, good to hear you're feeling much better.  Continue to take it easy.  

Livin' On Love in California
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 05:05:23 am »

Terry, Happy 30th. anniversary to you & Glen !!!
Yes i'm still riding my bike.

AJTexasfan, Happy belated anniversary to you & hubby too !!!

BHR, good to read you're recover well.

Elaine, are Kelsey and Jess going to highschool?
There's a Canadian section of CMT, haven't you CMT,ca on your tv?

Sue, hope hubby recover well. I have many questions today. lol. Here's another: what are brats?

jinx47, Kathy, Harriet, Jeri, ... enjoy the nice fall.

Nice fall weather here too. But i have to stay inside. I went to the doc yesterday for my cough, he give me antibiotics.
In Belgium we need a doctors attest for antibiotic. I was very surprised when i saw antibiotics in the Walmart when i was traveling in US !

have a nice day everybody.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:00 pm »

Harriett sorry to hear you are feeling ill again - Hope your back on the mend soon.

BHR - glad to hear your healing - don't rush it.  When are your moving ?

Terri - congrats on 30 Years - WOW - glad the fires are dying down. 

Jerri glad to hear NO SURGERY needed for your husband - see you both  in St Augustine.

Sue - good luck with the beginning of school - my sister is head of guidance dept at our new HIGH SCHOOL. 

Hi to everyone I missed -  seems like a lot of us took it easy this past weekend - did manage to clean out the  computer room closet - and got some yard work done, and managed to squeeze in some pool time.  We didn't have any rain at all this weekend - nice for a change and was only in the low 90's.  HOPE we have nice weather in St Augustine .

Take care everyone and have a safe week - 

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 12:12:51 pm »

HI FRIENDS, ASKING FOR SOME HELP HERE..THE FAN WEB SITE FILLS UP THE WHOLE SCREEN...SEEMS TO BE TOO WIDE FOR NORMAL, ALSO, AFTER I'VE TYPED SEVERAL LINES, IT "ROLLS" DOWNWARD SO I CAN'T READ WHAT I HAVE JUST TYPED.  ALSO, HOW DO YOU INCREASE FONT SIZE, IT NEVER DOES ENLARGE BEYOND 10 POINT???  MY GRANDSON SPENCE IS AWAY AT COLLEGE NOW, SO MY "GENIUS" IS UNAVAILABLE!  ANY SUGGESTIONS??
JEAN-AZ/ALLALANALWAYS
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 12:46:50 pm »

Hello All!

I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. Harriet, so sorry you still aren't feeling better. Might better see that Dr Again.
I sure hope you feel better soon. Ann glad you are up and out some. I'm sure you will find a house you like, I love the peachtree area there. Oh yes! Terry congrats on your Anniversary! Not many make it that long now days. You are Indeed a special person, so glad your hubby has work, so many lost jobs. I wish my hubby would stop working, but he thinks the corp. needs his expertise lol. Louann thanks Yes, we will see you in St Augstine!!! "if the Good Lord is willing," as Mom says ha! it was a bit scary, but now I feel more prepared if he has other things happen.I will always be here for him. he is my life, wehave been married longer than any of you LOL. Probably because we are older haha! Jean/az hope youa re doing fine also, I'm still learning about this new board, so hang in there. Jean/b I hope you eat brats soon lol.. take care of that cough and get better soon! We have so much to do, I can't stay online long. Sue you have had so many pretty blinkie's, it would be hard for me to chose l like it with your whole body showing
and I think one had half of you ha! You are getting really good at that..My blinkie used to be a Gif and moved , if I was savvy at this, I could get it to work but I'm too lazy..
actually I'm tired of hospitals and  traveling to MS..we got a call from my Sister and mom is much worse..will go and get back w/you
 Mom is getting worse now, all I can do is pray for no pain.She has lived a long good life.My sister is with her while My Hubby gets some rest now. I just hope she will be pain free but I feel the time is near now. we go in the next day or so, most likely. I dread what is ahead of us but  we will be ok with family. so much to take care of and all of us, not being well.
If I am not here, you will know something  ok.. pray for my Mom.
 Take care all of you .God Bless, Jeri aka Artsy -FL & MS!
PS- Terry you are a Member now!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:01:14 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: