Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 01:05:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 106739 times)
suem

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »

Hi to all
What a week......long days of meetings and preparation for the new school year.  Worked late the last few nights so I can have tomorrow off........
Went to dinner at Jewels....so I saw my favorite little man.
Hubby will be coming home tomorrow.  He's been in Florida for the past week.
Take care all.  Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.
hugs to all

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 11:40:19 pm »

Sue, good to hear you're getting a long weekend before school starts. 

Thankfully the fires here are getting better.  The one to the South of us is about 75% contained and the "big" fire is still holding at 22% contained.  It flared up again today and more homes were evacuated, but the good news is the first people to be evacuated when it started were able to go home last night and this morning.  They have determined it was arson and will file murder charges if they find who started it.  It is the biggest fire in CA history, with over 170 square miles burned.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.  My daughter and grandson will be coming back this weekend.

Livin' On Love in California
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 09:20:33 am »

We have been having beautiful weather.  A little "nip" in the air in the evening.  I still have the A/C on.  Love the weather.

I bowled last night.  Didn't do bad.  High game was 155, ended up with 141 average for three games. 
Watched the end of the USC (South Carolina) and NCS (North Carolina State) game.  SC won.  I am not a SC fan, but glad they won anyway.

Wednesday night I got about a peck of pears from the preacher and I want to make some pear preserves.  I'm not gonna get it done if I'm on the computer, am I?

College and Pro football is beginning.  This means that our t.v. will be set to ESPN, local football, etc.  My hubby is a big football fan.  I believe that's his favorite sport.  I watch it for a while, but after hours and hours, I have to do something else!  LOL!  We use to go to the games occasionally, but haven't in years.

Terry, I'm glad the fires are being contained somewhat.  I just don't understand someone deliberately setting a fire!

Taylor Swift and Kelli Pickler will be in Greenville tonight.  No, I'm not going, but did try a couple of times to win tickets for my dil's niece.  I wish I could have been lucky enough to win them.

Hope y'all have a great Labor Day weekend.  We're off Monday.  The Apple Festival is going on in Henderson, NC.  Would love to go.

Today is my son's birthday, we're going over to his house for a family dinner.  Terry, we're having Barbecue and hash!!! LOL!

Harriet, glad you & hubby are better.

Hi to everyone else, Elaine, Sue, Jean/B, etc.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »

Guys, I hope you are all well. Harriet, so glad you & hubby are ok. also any others who were ill. as you know Hubby was scheduled
for a stent. The test was a false Postive and he had no blockages. Thank God! I was worried sick, but he did have to go to the hospital for the day & I am still not letting him do anything. I wont worry so much the next time, I was worried as he has Diabetes.
The Dr talked to him and he is getting a nutritionist and also begin Exercise & walking , it was the diabetes making him feel so tired.
I am so relieved but my husband never worries. I had fun  watching the nurses tease him, ha! It was good to keep him down that long and talk some. We looked at old photos of our family, we just knew he had blockage. Thank God it wasn't. I am so grateful for all your prayers and kind words,  Thank you so much. Now we can go to St Augustine and maybe see you there. I was so tired yesterday sitting there waiting for his Dr to finish and then watching hubby the rest of the day. we had to be there at 6AM , so I was exhausted. They did feed both of us ,however, made it nicer. His Dr was gorgeous & younger. He never told me that before ha!
The nurses teased Jerry and were so uplifting with him. It was great to see him talking to them and acting so sweet.having fun.
So if you ever have a stress test, it's much better to see the heart more clearly this way..They saw a little something changed but it is always best to be sure. I love him to pieces, and I'm glad he is back home.I have been pampering  him & will all weekend( that is if he lets me, he is not the crying kind) ha. So good to have him HOME & doing ok..Prayers were answered Thank you all.
Oh yes, I got my blinkie in that I had before, but it doesn't move, but neither does AJ that much lol.j/k
Take care and God Bless all of you, old SN ArtsyJ aka "Jerrie". I simply love "WWY"

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:42:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
suem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 07:49:41 pm »

What a relief Jeri, wonderful news- doesn't get any better than that!
Your blinkie signature is my favorite.  The song, WWY, is so special.
Hubby is home, so I better give him a little attention tonight.
Have a safe holiday weekend everyone.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »

That's good news Jeri.
Sue, yep, need to give hubby a little attention after him being gone.
Sharon, that's pretty good bowling, congrats.  Tell your son happy birthday from me, and enjoy your dinner tonight.

The fire is now at 240 square miles and at 40% containment.  I found out today that one of the firefighters (the captain that had 26 years experience) that died was from our high desert area and a neighbor of a girl my son has been dating, and her father's best friend.  They had his funeral today with a procession from the LA area to Victorville, with a detour through the base fire camp.   

Loved the Aquapalooza show tonight, sure looked like a GOOD TIME.

Livin' On Love in California
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 06:33:08 am »

Jeri, That's very good news! So glad for hubby & you.
Sharon, happy Birthday to your son ! Enjoy the hash !!!lol.

Happy holiday weekend everybody .btw. what holiday is it?
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
suem

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 09:37:54 am »

Jean, it's our Labor Day weekend and  Monday  (that is Labor day).  In Minnesota, it's the close of our state fair and schools always start the day after. 

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »

Hi Folks. That Aquapalooza concert was really great. I'm starting to have a sore throat & cough again- hope I haven't been re-infected. Hubby is cleaning the gutters- looks like rain is on the way. Still cool weather & no AC for several days now.

Jeri- So glad to hear that your Hubby got a good report. What a relief that must be to both of you.

Terry- so glad the fires are better & not close to you.

Sue- sounds like you are really busy getting the school year going.

Sharon- My Hubby is a big football fan too. It will be football Thurs night, all day Saturday & all day Sunday & Monday night every week for him.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 01:46:00 pm »

Thanks Sue. We celebrate Labor Day in Europe on May 1st.
Harriet, take care of your cough. I have the same problem, a dry cough!

Have a nice sunday everybody.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 02:00:35 pm »

HI FRIENDS...WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE TO WAKE UP TO CLOUDY SKIES, THUNDER AND RAIN...AND COOL BREEZES!!  I SHUT OF THE AC, OPENED DOORS AND WINDOWS, AND WENT OUT ON THE PATIO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS TO HAVE MY COFFEE AND JUST ENJOY THE COOL!!!  MONSOON SEASON HAS FINALLY ARRIVED, THIS IS OUR "SPRING", WE LOOK FORWARD TO FALL/WINTER LIKE FOLKS IN THE NORTH LOOK FORWARD TO SPRING AFTER A LONG WINTER.  I WAS JUST A JOY TO SIT OUTSIDE AND WATCH AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS, ETC, HUMMERS ARE WHIZZING EVERYWHERE, ETC.  I KNOW WE WILL HAVE A RETURN OF HEAT FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS, BUT NOT THE FIERCE HEAT WE HAVE IN THE SUMMER, AND, THIS IS SUCH A WELCOME, AND LONG OVERDUE BREAK.
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FLU MAKING ITS ROUNDS ALREADY.  I PLAN A TRIP TO DOOR COUNTY, WI. IN LATE OCT, AND SINCE THAT OF COURSE INVOLVES AIR TRAVEL, I PLAN TO GET THE REGULAR FLU SHOT AT WHATEVER TIME IS THE BEST TO BE PREPARED FOR THAT.  I THINK IT TAKES A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO, TO "KICK IN".  WON'T BE TAKING THE R2D2 FLU SHOT (AS I CALL IT, NEVER CAN REMEMBER THE LETTERS AND NUMBERS!!) DON'T THINK MY AGE GROUP IS ESPECIALLY AT RISK...NOW THERE'S A HEADLINE...FINALLY SOMETHING COMES ALONG AND US OLDIES AREN'T THE FIRST IN LINE FOR GETTING SMACKED WITH IT. 
MY TWINS HAVE HAD THER UPS AND DOWNS, MOSTLY THE PITCHING, BUT THE BULL PEN HAS LET US DOWN LATELY.  THE YOUNG STARTING STAFF IS STARTING TO SHOW SOME REAL CONSISTENCY THO.  TODAY ONE OF MY FAVORITE LADS, SCOTT BAKER WILL PITCH, SO I HAVE TO "BE THERE" FOR HIM.

NOW, YOU ALL KEEP WELL AND COOL, THIS THING IS STARTING TO ROLL ON ME AGAIN, WHATS WRONG WITH THIS???

jean-az/allALANalways

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 02:27:37 pm »

Another beautiful weekend - maybe a little rain tomorrow.  Love it!

Jeri, so glad to hear the good news for your hubby!
Harriet, sorry to hear about the return of the cough.  Take care of yourself.
JeanAZ - you're going to Door County in October, lucky you!!  It's so beautiful there in the fall - enjoy!!   My favorite place on the earth!
R2D2 flu - that's a good one!  I always get a flu shot every year - wondering if we need to get two this year.  The regular shot & one for the R2D2?
Terry - hoping those fires get contained.  I can't believe that someone set this one.  I don't understand what people are thinking!!
Sharon, you're a master bowler compared to me!  I don't bowl very often though and rarely break 100 when I do.

The Cubbies have benched Alfonzo Soriano - he hasn't been hitting and making a lot of errors in the outfield.  He's just been horrible since the All-Star break, as has the whole team!  Now we start the favorite Cubs' fans chant - 'There's always next year'.
Football season is about to start and the Bears have looked pretty good in the pre-season.  They finally have a quarterback!
Tiger is struggling again this week.  11 shots behind already.  Even though he's healthy, that surgery made him change a lot of things about his game because he's not in pain any more.  He'll figure it out!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 03:00:05 pm »

Happy Sunday Afternoon. 
Would you believe I missed the Aquapalooza show Friday night, Saturday morning and this morning?  I don't have a recorder and didn't even think about it!  Aghhhhhh!  Oh well, maybe they will show it another time.

Jeri, that is wonderful news about your husband.  So glad they discovered it before they operated.  I have a drs. appt. Tuesday and just have a feeling they will want to schedule a stress test.  I've never had one.  I do have to have lab work, so I'll fast 8 hrs. before.

We had a very nice time at my son's.  I bought him a small birthday cake.  Well, actually the cake was for me.  I love birthday cake and his mil was making a carrot cake for him, so I wanted "real" birthday cake, and brought it over.  Everyone was welcome to it, but I think only a couple of us had some.  I did leave it with my dil & son because I knew Jerry & I would (mostly me) eat it and we didn't need it.

Everything else here is fine, Clemson won last night, I went to bed fairly early, but the cat decided at 6:30 that we needed to get up and started meowing like crazy.  I had taken some Excetrin PM and slept until 7:20, which is late for me.  I'm reading "The Shack" now, but haven't really gotten into it yet.

Jean/AZ glad it has cooled down enough for you to turn off the A/C and go outside.  I open the window in the bedroom in the mornings, but don't leave them open long.  Pollen here is bad. 

Heard something on the roof yesterday afternoon, Jerry went out on the patio and there were buzzards on the roof.  What was that all about?  He said they were circling between our house the old house on the hill.  He didn't see anything laying anywhere!  Yuck!

I'm glad I've impressed y'all with my bowling, I'll let you know how I do every week and you can see the way I really bowl!  LOL!

I'm off to check other things the net.  Have a good one.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 04:03:30 pm »

Hope you all enjoyed the concert.We never got
it here. Our CMT is not very good.I am still waiting
for them to show Alan's new video.
It has been thundering all morning.By the sky it looks
like we will get some rain.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »

Hi Guys!
Oh my Sharon, so glad it wasn't at my house.. There was a tale in the old days that when Buzzards hang around your house, it  means a death . ha! Hon the stress test is not anything to it. My Jerry had the one, in his case they run up  to see the heart,through the upper thigh area,to your heart, they inject dye intravenous. a catherization or I don't know the medical term. They were ready in case he had to  have a stent, and praise God , he didn't. I think I have never been so happy to get that news. it was so shocking, even though he is overweight & diabetic. I love that Man and I don't care if people think I spoil him, I've had him a long long time ha! ha! Our Anniversary will be last of October and  we have been married forever lol
 Terry so glad you are not real close to the fires, but I amagine the smoke would be bad. as an asthmatic we leave sometimes here when fires are causing smoke. Last time in central Florida , when we drove down to Hollywood , FL to see Alan, we dodged
the area the smoke was bad. I can't wait to go this year and this will be my first outdoor concert @ St Augustine. Hope the heat will be gone by then. we have to see Mom first . I'm getting excited as it doesn't take october long to arrive Yea!My son will meet
us somewhere near St Augustine to visit and then come back by our house when they leave cocoa Bch.
Harriet, I am so sorry you and your hubby had that virus. Some say it takes a while to feel better, so sorry you got it, Take care.
My neice had the flu , she is in training to be a nurse.  She is fine now in GA. I hope Ann is better too. Love that area of GA where they are moving.  I had better get back to hubby. I have been signed on all day today and just noticed it later. Take care and I hope to hear Alan's song on radio soon, thus far, nothing. Sue I'm enjoying your blinkies, they get better and better. You do a great job. Take care Everyone, Jerrie( Has anyone heard from Kay?) miss her
Sharon my mom used to make the best pear & peach perserves, also strawberry. You reminded me of her, saying that.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:03:10 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: