Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 03:36:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: January Thread- Happy New Year  (Read 80590 times)
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

Jeri- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.  Hopefully he will get well soon.  That is what love is all about.  To take care of each other and be there for each other in good and bad. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2010, 02:58:42 pm »

Jeri I pray that your hubby is doing much better.
Hugs Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2010, 10:47:25 pm »

Kind thoughts and prayers for your husband, Jeri. Sorry to hear of his illness. Hope he's well again soon. You take care of yourself too. HUGS.

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2010, 07:25:21 am »

Good Morning All,

Jeri, so sorry to hear of your husband's illness and hospitalization.  Hope he is not in as much pain.  Are you being a good nurse?  You take care of yourself too.

Elaine, hope your BIL is home from the hospital by now too.  I know you enjoyed Jess' visit. 

Terry, so sorry about your arm.  Good luck with the job hunting too.

Our weather has warmed up some.  The weatherman said 60's today!  Love that.  Thanks for the winter tips Gayle, I really do most of those.  Almost natural to slow down and eat comfy foods in the winter. 

I got the company and church's W-2's done, plus the December financial statement.  Always feel like I've accomplished something when I get those jobs done.  Still have some EOY reports to do.  I'm taking it slow and easy.

I heard yesterday that my gd will be playing a volleyball tournament in Washington, D.C. next month.  She was selected for a travel team that had filled up and she was asked to practice with.  The coach is the father of the top volleyball player at Penn St.  Two weeks ago he notified her she was "officially" on the team.  Only wish they were closer to me so I could see them more often. 

I need an Alan Jackson fix for sure!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

suem

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2010, 08:38:42 am »

Hi all,
I feel like such a stranger to this board.  Just haven't been able to be on it.
Life is busy at work...Very busy and I'm exhausted when I get home.
Jeri, so sorry to hear about hubby.   Thank goodness for our wonderful medical support.
Terry, hope your shoulder is not giving you any problems.  It's always something, anyway with me it seems that way.
A few days before Christmas I was in an accident.  A bus slid into my car.  Stiff and sore for a few days.  Christmas was not the best day for me, lovely time with family though.  Good thing J was home so she made the Christmas dinner for the family.
Also  my blood pressure has been extremely high...so I'm on medication to bring that down.
Right now I'm in Florida at a convention with hubby.  I'm leaving in a few hours and hubby is staying until Friday.  Lots of wine and rich food.  I need to get back to regular food and routine.  Having a great time.  Met a vet from Ireland at the pool yesterday and he was very entertaining.  Back to reality soon.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Take care ....stay warm and safe.  Hugs

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2010, 03:35:48 pm »

Sharon my bil came home from the hospital
yeaterday afternoon.Congrats to your grand
daughter on making the travel team.Kelsey is
going to Calgary for a volley ball camp this week
end.They have scouts from all over at this camp.
Sue sorry to hear you were in a accident.Glad you
had family to do the cooking for Christmas.It is
nice that you got to enjoy some sun in Florida.
We are finally having a day of sun.Even Georgie is
loving it.
Elaine

January

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2010, 03:40:22 pm »

Oh, Elaine,  I hope your sun migrates this way - we are not bitter cold but we are ssooooooo grey..........

:- (

my best to everyone -

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »

Jeri sorry to hear about your hubby ..hope you get some good new soon and he will be feeling better
           willl keep him in my prayers...Take care and rest ever chance you get..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2010, 02:52:11 pm »

January hope you have sun today.It has left us
Now we are back to the dull dreary day.
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

Hello everyone,

Jeri, hope your hubby is feeling better.

Elaine, sorry the sun went away again.  When our son went home after Christmas he didn't see the sun until he came back here last week.  It rained every day up there.  Good to hear your BIL is doing better.

Sharon, congrats to your GD on her being accepted on the team.

Sue, I know what you mean about being a stranger on here at times.  I sure wish we had the private area where the whole world couldn't read without being a member.  I think it's a much colder board now.  We can't share as well as we could on the private monthly thread.

Jean, only one concert planned for this year (so far), hope to go to many more of course.  It all depends on the dates, places, and finances.

My shoulder is doing much better, still a little sore, and hurts when I move it a certain way, but way better than it was a week ago.  Now I am fighting another ear infection...grrrrrr

We are getting pounded by storms here in CA.  Number 3 is headed here now, got a couple of inches in a very short time both Sunday and yesterday.  We need the rain, but wish it was spread out.  I feel so sorry for all the people in the burn areas, mud is beginning to flow and with the stronger storms still off the coast, it won't be good.  We even had two tornados here in CA.  Winds with the first storm were over 80 mph and this one today the winds are strong.

Take care and hello to everyone.

Livin' On Love in California
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »

HI FRIENDS, AND TO EACH AND ALL OF YOU DEALING WITH THE HEALTH ISSUES OF YOUR DEAR ONES, AND YOURSELVES, MY VERY BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS FOR SPEEDY RETURN TO GOOD HEALTH.  NOW...I DON'T WANT TO COMPLAIN, BUT DID YOU KNOW WE ARE HAVING THE SAME STORM SYSTEM(S) THAT CALIFORNIA IS DEALING WITH...AND THO IT CAUSES MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH MUD SLIDES ETC, ETC, IN CALIF.  IT  ONLY TAKES 1/2 INCH OF RAIN TO CAUSE NASTY STREET FLOODING HERE IN THE DESERT!  THE "BIG ONE" IS DUE TONIGHT AND TOMORROW THEY TELL US, AND THEN WE WILL HAVE HAD AS MUCH RAIN IN JANUARY AS WE NORMALLY GET ALL YEAR!!  COME JULY, AUG, ETC I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR OUR WEATHERMEN WHINEING ABOUT "WE NEED RAIN"...HUSH UP AND BE HAPPY, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!  
ITS PRETTY CHILLY FOR AZ, TOO, BUT WHEN I LOOK AT THE MISERY AND HORROR TAKING PLACE IN HAITI, I COUNT MY BLESSINGS PRETTY DARN EASILY.

GOT TO GET MY VIKES THRU THE NEW ORLEANS GAME SUNDAY...READ TODAY THAT  BRETT FAVRE (OUR RETREAD QUARTERBACK) SAYS HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A SAINTS FAN.  OH GOODY, THATS WHAT WE NEED, A QUARTERBACK WHO IS A SAINTS FAN!!  HAVE MY VIKINGS HAT WITH THE YELLOW BRAIDS AND HORNS ALL READY, AND MY PURPLE FOAM BRICK TO TOSS AT THE TV IF THINGS DON'T GO WELL...AND WILL TRY TO KEEP MY INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE UNDER CONTROL.  I'M NOT A PRETTY SIGHT, I TELL YOU.  
ELAINE..THANKS FOR THE MENTION OF MARTHA, I THINK OF HER SO MUCH, WHAT A DEAR LADY, AND I HOPE HER HUSBAND AND FAMILY ARE DOING WELL.

YOU ALL STAY WELL AND WARM, NOW...DON'T I TELL YOU THAT EVERY TIME???

jean-az/allALANalways
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:33:47 pm by luvthataj » Logged
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »

Hi AJ friends.  Sue don't ever feel like a stranger on this board. It's hard sometimes like when you had your car hit by a bus. I hope you are having fun in Florida.
Elaine I'm glad your bil is home.  Don't you wish you could bottle the sun so that you have some when you need it.
Terry I'm glad your shoulder is better. so sorry about the bad weather.  Take Care and stay warm and well everyone. nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2010, 04:12:44 am »

Hello AJ Fans,
grey and drizzle today. I have my fourth cough this winter. Doc said maybe you should go to work outside again. lol.
After all it's winter and everybody here had small or big health problem. Wish you all a speedy recovery and be patient, it's almost springtime.
Jerrie, hope your hubby is better.
Harriet, watched the Eur. skating yesterday and Kevin didn't so wel ! 11 in short program. A lot of work to do. Rusian Evgeni Plushenko won after taking a brake of a couple of years. He's the favorite for the Olympics. Brian Joubert was second.
Watched also tennis.  I saw a fantastic match between Dementieva and Henin. Justine won 5/7 and 6/7 in +/- 3 hours.

Take care and have a nice day my friends
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2010, 08:29:09 am »

Thanks to everyone for your concern about my husband. I so appreciate it.
He is keeping the pain away without pain killers. The medicine they gave him was to rid of the inflamation and it seems to be working . He has taken so much in between his meals, which are all low fat. He has lost ten pounds already but that is good. His biospy is soon. This will make us feel better to know something.
He spends a few hours at work, can't keep a good guy down. he went out there to say thanks for the flowers and check
in with them & now he wants to keep busy. I think he is a bit uneasy about the biopsy, but wont mention it.
The changes he is making in old habits are changing so easy. He goes to bed earlier, eats less portions. talks more to me and less TV ha! He is so sweet when we have to pick meds up he needs. we will always be there for one another.

Terry I do hope you and your family are not in danger there in CA, not sure where you live exactly but I pray for those people there & your family. Terry I hope your shoulder is better now . I once jammed mine and it took a while. Take care.
 Lordy! Glad Alan is not headed to CA..now. thought about him and his crew this morning, not such a good time to go to Canada.
Elaine sorry about your loved one, I hope you are doing ok too.
 Harriet, I hope you are ok..I was floored about my husband's condition coming up so fast, I feel better now. it's good to have  nurse in the forum and friend.
Thanks Jean/B, yes he is improved for now. Sorry you have a cold. I was having them all last winter and that changed over the summer Thank God! Getting out at times does help.

Sue, I know what you meant about"feeling like a stranger here after being away a while."I used to go to Mom's in MS and lose contact with everyone and your time is limited for a long time ,when you sign it  it seems weird. it changes, however.
I hope you get over the stress period and things get back to normal. Please keep check on that BP and ask your dr about taking an aspirin a day.It took several meds to get mine the way the Dr wanted it,.without side effects.
Gotta run, so much to catch up. all of you ladies and gents, I thank you for your concern, prayers etc..
Sure looking forward to Alan's new CD coming out, it sounds wonderful! Love his new Single and I am enjoying my AJ gifts from CB . I think we have eaten there more recently, but only the low fat foods. The sweet potatoes are good!
It seems so strange not to check on Mom in MS now. I want to go back soon and tell all those who helped us how grateful we were and maybe go by & see family.
After  my husbands biopsy, we hope to visit some, Back in MS and just enjoy some time together.
Maybe when Alan gets back near us, we can go to a concert later. It's a new Year, so I can apply for a Meet & Greet again. I also got my membership renewed. I hope one of you get to Meet Alan, it was the happiest night of my life. He is so super nice and so sweet talking to his Fans. I really admire Alan and it was such a joy to talk with him! Good luck to all of you. Take care in all your lives, Jerrie-FL- & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:46 pm »

Terry glad your shoulder is doing much better.
Have missed you not posting.
Jean I got a letter from Doug(Martha's hubby)
He said he is enjoying his new apt and the kids
were all doing fine.
Nelle wish we could bottle the sun.Most people
here take vit d for the winter months.
Jean sorry to hear you have another cough.
Hope tha tis the end for this year.
Jeri good to hear your hubby is improving.Glad
you have each other for support.I have had a
good winter ,no flues or colds.
Elaine

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: