Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 01:34:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: January Thread- Happy New Year  (Read 80570 times)
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2010, 11:26:00 am »

Hi all my AJ friends.  JeanB I am sorry your cough is back. Take care of yourself so you get rid of it real fast.
Jeri   Your posts are so touching. I will keep your husband and you in my Prayers.   Take Care  HUGS
Elaine   I hope you are keping nice and warm.  I am glad you are staying well.   Take Care  HUGS
I hope everyone is well or getting better and staying warm and safe.   Take Care and you are all in my Prayers. nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »

Hello, Friends. Have had a busy few days & haven't posted much.
The weather here is sunny & the high will be 52 today.

Terry- So gald to hear you're improved with your shoulder. Heard about all the rain in California.

Elaine- Glad you heard from Martha's hubby.

Hi Nelle- thank you for listening to radio & checkling playlists.

Jeri- Glad your hubby is better.

JeanB- This weekend I will be watching U.S. Nationals- the Free Dance, The Ladies Long Program & the Exhibition.
I hope you can get rid of your cough.
I'm still rooting for the Williams Sisters in the Australian Open. Wonder how Justine will do- probably very well. I always root for Roger on the men's side.

Jean-AZ-Sorry to hear about the flooding & storms in Arizona. You are such a great sports fan- I would love to sit down & watch a baseball game with you. Good luck to your Vikes. Spring Training starts next month.

Sue- Sorry about your accident & being so busy at work. You are always a part of this board. Hugs.

Sharon- Yes, I need an AJ fix too. Concerts always give me a lift & I'm going to see George Strait, Reba & Lee Ann Womack next month but sure need Alan to come to the South for us Southern Belles.lol

Hi BHR-glad to see you posting. Are you fully recovererd now?

This is what I did yesterday- was so busy doing too many things at once & left my new iPod in a pocket & it went through the washer- I just got this one Jan 15. It is a great improvement over the 1st one I had. Hubby has gone to Costco to get me a new one. So I feel like- Duh! Watch that iPod & always know where it is.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:17:56 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »

Nelle hope your nice and warm where
you live.It is sunny today but only in
the low 30 so far today.
Harriet sorry you had to get a new I pod.
Now you will have to start over with the down
Teresa Jay and the girls left this morning for
Calgary.Kelsey has a volley ball camp there.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:04 pm »

Hello, Friends. Have had a busy few days & haven't posted much.
The weather here is sunny & the high will be 52 today.

Hi BHR-glad to see you posting. Are you fully recovererd now?

This is what I did yesterday- was so busy doing too many things at once & left my new iPod in a pocket & it went through the washer- I just got this one Jan 15. It is a great improvement over the 1st one I had. Hubby has gone to Costco to get me a new one. So I feel like- Duh! Watch that iPod & always know where it is.

Harriet, we're all fully recovered but hubby and I have also been busy with our car problems, etc. Been meaning to email you but it just kept getting put off. I'll try and do that this evening (I'll try and post too what's been up with us). Meanwhile. . . .sorry to hear about your iPod. Did you check if you have a warranty for that? You should. Since you just bought it the 15th of this month you should be able to get a free replacement for that at any Apple computer/accessories store or dealership. I wish you had called or email me first before your husband went to Costco. I'm 99.99% sure of it that they will do so because you did not intentionally damaged it. Also, I read from a computer tech magazine one time that iPods that has been submerged in water can be cleaned and fixed to function again and, again, if you still have a valid warranty for it, which I'm sure, again, that you do, you either won't have to pay for the repair and cleaning cost or just pay a minimum amount for it.

Let me also take this opportunity to let everyone of you here who are using iPods to inform you of this: There's a danger in leaving your iPod in your pocket while in use for extended period of time, most especially the Nanos. They may be harmless looking but they're also fire hazard. When being used continuously for over an hour or when outside on a warm/hot day (jogging, gardening, etc.) the battery overheats to the point of burning ones pocket and or ultimately ones skin. If you Google this issue you'll find quite a few people has experienced being burned by their iPod. And, although Apple Inc. representatives has said that they've fixed the problem, it would still be wise to be careful for good measure.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 10:23:59 pm »

Costco exchanged the iPod  & gave me a new one- no questions asked. The Apple Store wanted to charge me $80 for a new one saying the warranty did not cover water damage.
They sychned a lot of my music to the nrew iPod. But all the new albums I had in the old iPod, including Alan's Good Time Album will not go in- anybody-BHR? have any idea why.
I am really thankful & happy to have a new one.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:26:10 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2010, 10:48:22 am »

Harriet,

I'm not good at putting things on my Ipod, but  I hope someone can help you, it's great you got a new one back. Cosco is a good place and cheaper. I have music now I need to put on my I-Pod but have a problem with the last ones.

I lost our I-Tunes I had bought before, when our other computer was hit in a lightning storm. I have more back now and need to save them. I sent you a PM if you have time to read ok..

I hope all of you are doing ok weather wise. Yesterday we had a rough storm, I hope Dizzy is ok.. a tornado touched down in the Penny Farms , Fleming Island part and several buildings damaged. water damage too in areas. Lucky we only had bad lightning , so I unplugged everything.
It's Sunny here today and cool at night. I honestly do like colder weather as my asthma hasn't acted up as much. Summers are the worst. Jean/B I hope your cough is better.
I hope Alan and Band got to Canada fine and have all great concerts there. maybe if he is there in Feburary, he can be there for the Olympics and perhaps have his family join him. I just love his new Single, and look forward to the Album.
I read Selena's Williams is doing great, for you guys into tennis.She often plays right near us, at Amelia Island.
Dizzy, I hope you get to hear Alan's new single on our local station, it wont play that often starting off so high up..it's in the 80's range now. I listen to radio a lot while cooking for the low fat diet my husband has to be on. I really feel better myself eating less fat.. one really has to read all labels..I thought I was cooking exactly right but I have learned more now.
we eat good food , just watch fat calories and foods that turn into sugar, since he is diabetic.
Oh yes, someone posted somewhere about thing you can do with white coffee filters, I would like to ADD one that really is nice for closeups, is to put a filter over your flash area, when taking those closeups. it works great and creates such artistic photos.
I have to run, hubby is wanting me for something.. Sharon yes, I'm a good nurse ha! Hubby calls me Florence Nightengale!
Now when he wants me to put on that little nursey outfit , the answer is nayyyyy LOL j/k he goes for his biopsy soon, the pain is less already.
I hope all of you are doing well , I just jump on long enough to read a bit and post a much too long post. sorry. but planning meals after cooking for two, takes time..I was about to enjoy eating out ha!
Take care Fans and God Bless, Jerrie
Terry glad your shoulder is better, I hope your work turns out ok too. My neice would have lost her new House special built in Ga by bil, a builder, if her Dad had not paid her payments. She is going to be a nurse. so it can happen to anyone..
We hired sitters for mom and her sis, think you could add that for extra income..children often need sitters a few hours a day too and it pays per hr.. also substitute Teachers are paid well in some States. They say many people will have to prepare for a number of Job changes in the future, even with  a degree. Not as much working your way up into a better position. I hope things change for the better soon. some things have.Take care. Sue hope you, Dizzy and Everyone are ok

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 09:09:20 am »

Just wanted to say that we went to see Brad Paisley in concert on Saturday and it was fantastic.  Would recommend it to anyone who gets a chance.  He is a very talented songwriter, musician, animator, very creative.  His concerts are more high energy, but that is his personality, while Alan's concerts fit his personality.  leslie
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »

Finally figured out how to get the albums in the iPod.
It is going to be cold for the next 10 days or so with lows in the 20's & highs in the 40's

Jeri, thinking of you.

BHR- We'll get together eventually. It will be hard because I haven't been driving in a long time since I was sick for so long & you dont drive & we're pretty far apart- the Atlanta area is a big place. But I'm sure we will be able to work something out- maybe meet up at an Alan concert if he brings one here this year.

Elaine- the iPod situation turned out well.

Izmelter- glad you enjoyed Brad's concert.

Love to All.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:58:51 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 04:03:20 pm »

I've been catching up on some of the news, scanning the message boards.

I don't have an IPod and don't think I miss it.  Of course, my gd uses hers and probably gs's also.  I don't think my daughter does. 

Lsmeltzer, glad you enjoyed Brad Paisley.  I've never been to one of his concerts, but have seen him on the GOO and Fan Fair twice.  He will be in Greenville, SC next month.  I didn't buy tickets but I'm trying to win some.  Was Miranda Lambert with him?  I saw her first with George Strait a couple of years ago and also at Fan Fair.  I really don't care for her that much. 

We had some bad weather here last night and it's still windy.  We had flooding, tornado watch and high winds.  At least the sun is out drying everything up.

Spent the day yesterday watching pro football and reading.  Finished a book I was reading.  Sorry the Vikings didn't pull it out.  Brett Favre was unbelievable!  Good the the Saints, since they have never been to the Super Bowl.  Are y'all planning any Super Bowl parties?

Had the insurance auditor come out this a.m.  Didn't take long and no problems.  Hopefully we'll get some return of premium.  This is on our Worker's Comp. 

Jerry's birthday is Wednesday and I'm making him a coconut cake.  I'm gonna use Splenda so hope it turns out.  Our son and family are invited out for dinner.  Lasagna is on the menu.  Jerry said he didn't have a preference, but our son wants the lasagna.  Think I'll use Italian sausage in it.  Either that or cook it on the side.

Jeri, good to hear your hubby is doing better. 

Y'all have a good rest of Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:53 am »

Jerrie, i'm glad your hubby is on the right way. Keep it like that.

Elaine, congrats for having a good health winter. It's important.

Nelle, I'm over my cough again. Yes i hope it's the last for this year. Here the weather is good for the year but it's  freezing again. I hope to ride my bicycle in a few days.

Harriet, Justine is in the semi final versus a Chinees playster. Maybe a final against one of the Williams sisters is waiting,
Yes Roger does it well. I like the man. He's a great (the best) and sympathic player. And more fidel to his wife than Tiger Woods. haha.

BHR, ipod is becoming a rage i think. I don't have one and like Sharon .. i don't miss it.( blink).

Leslie, Brad Paisley !!!... you lucky one !!! Wish i could see him in concert aswell.

Sharon, many birthday wishes to Jerry. Enjoy the restaurant;

Terry, Hope the weather turn to better in Cal. Not really spoilled the last months!
Take care of your shoulder and ears.

Don't forget the Alan Jackson polls in the music board girls. Thanks.
Have a nice day and take care everyone,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:58 am »

Sharon, yes Miranda Lambert was with him and Justin Moore.  I'm not a real fan of hers either, but Brad Paisley is definitely worth it.  Hope you can win some tickets.  Leslie
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:58 pm »

Harriet glad you got your I pod all figured
out.
Jeri Alan is not going to be in B.C. where the
omlypics are.
Leslie glad you enjoyed seeing Brad in concert.
Sharon happy birthday to your hubby.Todds
gal birthday is today.Will phone her tonight.
Jean glad your over your cough.Hope that its
the last one for the year.
Having a nice sunny day.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2010, 04:10:11 pm »

If you've never had an iPod you won't know what you're missing. But once you have one you will see how amazing technology is these days. Didn't think I would ever get one but glad I changed my mind.
I like my CD's & can download them into my iPod.

JeanB- I did enjoy the U.S. Nationals & the coverage was great. We have a strong men's field & a strong Ice Dance. We have 2 very good & young ladies going to the Olympics-17 yr old Rachel Flatt & 16 year old Mirai Nagasu- but the Japanese & Korean ladies are outstanding. We are good in pairs but the other countries also have strong teams.
Yes, I have always liked Roger Federerer. Are Venus & Serena on a course to play each other in the Semi-finals?

Skaron- Happy Birthday to your Hubby. I love Splenda & use it all the time.

Hi to Elaine & Ismeltzer.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:18:11 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2010, 05:35:54 pm »

HI everybody  hope all is okay.

JeanAZ  I am so sorry for you with all that bad weather in Arizona.

Jeri I am glad your husband is better and I hope you are feeling good too.

JeanB I am glad your cough is gone.  I hope you had a great BIRTHDAY.

Harriet I am glad you like your ipod.

Leslie I am happy that you had a great time seeing Brad.

Terry I hope the weather there gets better and also your shoulder.

Luckylady44 Glad your weather is getting better.

BHR So glad to see you posting and hope all is okay.

Elaine I am nice and warm if I stay in my house. We might have snow this weekend.  I am glad you feel well and please stay that way and nice and warm.

Take Care Everyone     nelle

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 05:38:34 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2010, 11:58:12 am »

Well Phooey,  I had a long post that has disappeared.  I can't remember what all I wrote, but this was most of it, I think.

I'll have to look into the IPOD thingy, Harriet. 

Weather for the weekend is possible winter/mix.  Wouldn't mind seeing some snow (a little) but no ice. 

Today is my husband's birthday and I've baked the cake, still need to ice it, and have the lasagna to make.  Have not done any major housework.  I figure if the food is good enough, they won't notice the dust....lol.  Of course, I had plans of getting everything done.  Still may.....

I am a member of Josh Turner's fan club and for ordering his cd on line, you get an autographed one.  I ordered it! 

Okay now I'll go get busy.  Still have some book work to do. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: