Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 07:06:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: January Thread- Happy New Year  (Read 80159 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2010, 01:02:31 pm »

As we start 2010 I wish all of you the best for the coming year. And hoping Alan will bring us a home town concert.
It's Just That Way is doing well-up to #39 on Mediabase. I'm hearing it on Kicks Country in Atlanta but not as often as I would like. Requesting it too.
Going to try to get to Cracker Barrel tonight & see if there is any of Alan's Collection left.
It is cold & I mean cold in Dixie with lows in the teens &  highs in the 30's. Brrrrr! But I know many of you have it much worse with colder temps & winter precip to deal with.
[/color][/b]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:05:25 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 01:10:12 pm »

[/color

Just waiting on the news he is coming South starting
                                                  Jacksonville and etc/

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 04:36:49 pm »

Harriet thanks for starting the January thread.
that is cold weather for you .We are warmer then
you are today.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy new year.
Hugs
Elaine

AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:39 am »

Happy New year!!!

Hope everyone has a Good year!
Good Health! Good Luck! Good Luck with seeing~Hearing AJ
Hope y'all had a Great holiday!!

Was It Carla? that got her Rocker signed by Alan?
I would LOVE to see a Picture!!

Artsy sorry bout your mom...

Does it bother anyone else that you have to log in everytime you come here?
I wish You could stay Logged in IF you want to!

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 11:28:57 am »

I wish a happy and healthy 2010 to all my Alan Jackson Friends.
I hope that he come to your states soon this year. Specialy to the states he didn't came the past year. And a meet & greet for all of you going to a concert.

Harriet,
succes in the C&B

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:11 pm »

Happy New Year to everyone!  Hope everyone has a good 2010!

It is COLD here!  That arctic air is sticking around and making it bitter.  I had to take my sons to the airport early this morning (5:30am) and it was 0 deg.   BRRR!!  Lucky them, they are headed to AZ to visit their father.
For me, it's back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off.  I'm going to miss my afternoon naps (LOL), but I'm getting closer to retirement!   YEEHAW!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 03:39:26 pm »

It is even colder now with a hign today of 31 & low tonight of 15, then 14 the following night.

At our Cracker Barrel they did not have much marked down. I got a Western shirt & told them if they would mark down the truck I would buy one so they took my name & numbe We had a deliciious meal & sat close to the roaring fireplace.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »

almost

Harriet, it is suposed to be freezing here the next few nights.. I had to bring my plants in the garage last night that I had brought from Mom's funeral.I'm doing ok considering about mother etc.. I still cry a lot, but she was so wonderful, I miss her already..My hubby has been wonderful about her, as he loved her too. She had a long life & enjoyed her life until the last months.

It was so cold out in MS, we decided to take the plants home with us..
Today is sunny but cold. I would not like this all the time. I feel bad for you guys who  live in the winter in the  real
dangerously cold areas. please be careful when driving especially.

Dizzy, when our electric goes off we go to a Hotel. This rarely happens as our lines are all below ground in the city..
San Jose is not and it goes out there at times.I hope you and your Sis are nice & warm. we have been meaning to buy a
generator but we have the MS house to go to.I don't keep a lot of frozen meats or veggies , in case we leave..

I had not had one drink since my dinner on Christmas day. I got the big idea to order some Kix Brooks wine lol. I had drinked
the one kind & it was good. She just called today , saying they were mailing it from the vineyard.I will have to sign for it, Black & blue the Man/Lady may wonder if I need wine ha! It's a nice berry red wine..I  had it at a restaurant in Nashville.
The Palm , I believe.

All of you try and enjoy the start of 2010 and I look forward to seeing Alan before long. Brooks & Dunn will do their almost next to last of concerts here in Jax together,at the Veterans Arena. I hope they do well. I just hope Ronnie does,"You Don't Know Me"
Like he did in stripped.. if you haven't heard it , it under stripped listed under their name Under WQIK.
 Wish Alan would do it his version but not likely..I love the oldies and Alan could do some old songs and make them his own.. I wish, I wish!
Wishing You & Yours a Very Happy, Healthy New Year!! 2010 has to be better!!! last year was a bummer for my family...
but we made it ! Thank you God!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:08:02 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 03:06:59 pm »

Happy New Year to all of you!  Have been busy watching college football!  LOL! 

Yes Harriet, it is cold in Dixie!  I'll be glad when it gets warmer.  I talked with Louann and she said it was 23 deg. this a.m. in FL!  So I won't complain.  We're supposed to have winter temps, but not FL! 

I'm like a bear when it gets cold, and don't want to do anything but bundle up with coffee or hot chocolate and wait to thaw.  I did have to go into town this morning, but sure didn't want to.  The weatherman said we may have snow Thursday night or Friday.  I went to see Jeff Dunham in Greenville last Wednesday and when we came out of the BiLo Center there was snow on the car.  Greenville will get snow when we don't here.  Glad we didn't get anything but rain and not even freezing rain.

Y'all have a good day and Happy New Year!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 03:54:06 pm »

Jean do you still have snow there?
Kathy hopeit warms up soon for you.
Harriet what a nice evening dining by the
warm fire place.I miss my fire places.
Jeri you had a rough year hope 2010
brings a better time.
Sharon you must be freezing in that cold
weather.Here we are use to it and the snow.
Today it has been raining all morning.It is in the 40
but I am sure it won't last for much longer.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 09:51:54 pm »

Jeri   I will go to the Motel if it get to cold for me....But we have
                                     it warm enough to be comfortable...We have a fireplace\
                                     and two electric heaters ..right now we don't have to
                                     have  fireplace [gas logs]on...we also have emergency heat..
                                     but that can run a light bill up fast.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:22 am »

I see it is cold everywhere on the planet. Except in Australia and New Zeeland.
Yes Elaine,we've got snow last weekend. Now it's dry but the snow is still there because it's freezing night and day. Today it's 20 F° or -7C°.
My daughter Nathalie give me a nice job in her room. New wallpaper and repaint the ceiling. I like it.
Jerrie, wish you strenght in those sad days.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 01:34:57 pm »

It is cold here in Ontario too.  We have had -15C, feeling like -25C with the windchill.    Today is a little bit warmer.  I just like getting home from work, putting on my comfies, sitting by the fireplace and reading and listening to music.  Although, I do have to finish off some of my ongoing projects and clean up my Christmas decorations hopefully this weekend.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 03:29:32 pm »

Dizzy glad your nice and comfy in your home.
I sure hope your weather warms up soon.Has
to be hard on the orange crop.
Jean glad you like painting and putting up
wal paper.I hate painting.I wear more then
the walls(LOL)
Anita you sure are having some cold weather.
We are +3 and sunny today.I am enjoying it as
I know it won't last much longer.
The company that delivered my water went out
of buisness and never even let us know.Been on
the phone looking for a new company.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 11:25:26 am »

Hi I wish everyone a happy, healthy and wonderful 2010. We had a foot of snow before CHRISTMAS. Elaine it didn't last long, but then the arctic air came with 40 mile on hour winds and made it feel like  6 degrees. GOD BLESS you I don,t know how you can take it. Stay warm please.
Harriet thank you for starting the JAN. THREAD .   Take Care all my AJ friends.    nelle      
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:32:50 am by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: