Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 07:51:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: January Thread- Happy New Year  (Read 80160 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »

Harriet, sure is looking forward to the day we'll finally meet. Actually it almost did happen. When we were looking for another car one of the dealerships we were going to check is located in your area, so I thought I'll give you a buzz a couple of days before we were actually going to head over there and see if we could all get together for lunch. But we never went there. Yea, let's do it. . .one of these days.

Sharon & JeanB, I've been an iPod user since it first came out in 2001 and now owns my second one. My previous and current iPod is the original format, size wise. I went from an iPod with no capability whatsoever to play videos (music, tv shows movies and photo slideshows) and just plain black & white to one that have all that capabilities and is in color. Harriet is right, you will not know what you're missing until you own one. That was also one of the things that helped me through during hurricane Gustav's visit in Mississipi (we were in Biloxi) in 2008 and we had to evacuate. I played Alan's videos that I had purchased from iTunes over and over again to stay calm. I told my hubby one time that my iPod is one of the 2 things I can't do without now. . . .the other, of course, is my computer (LOL!). He said, laughing, "I believe you." :-)

Sue, I share your sentiment too. I do feel too sometimes that I'm just a visitor here, most especially with so many new posters here now coming and going.

Terry, I agree with your sentiment too and do feel that this board is cold. I'm missing the warmth we all shared having our own little private corner of the board where we all gather for from exciting to emotionally sad personal experiences. Where we all have the comfort of sharing personal things with one another without the worry of them getting out to people who shouldn't know them and they just stay amongst us there. Wish too we could have the PL section back again.

Jeri, glad to hear too that your hubby is doing well now.

Nelle, thanks for your concerns. We're all in good helath now.

Well, the Christmas holiday has come and gone and we're once again healthy. As I've informed you all before, we went to my hubby's parents' house and celebrated the holiday with his family. It has been a wonderful one as for the first time since his parents celebrated their 50th anniversary in 1998 that everyone were there. . .all his siblings and their spouses and children, a new daughter-in-law (his brother's) who is expecting a first child in April, us and our 2 kids. However, hubby and I were still recovering from a nasty bout with colds that shortened our visit with them (we traveled 3 days later than we had planned). We were fine for the first couple days and then the coughing and sneezing fit started up again, that was the weekend after Christmas, and hubby has to return to work the following Monday. We came back home Sunday and by Monday morning hubby was at the doctor's office. He gave him couple of medications one of which puts him to sleep. He called in sick then and stayed home until Tuesday and was still feeling a little worn out from the trip and all that coughing and sneezing when he reported back to work Wednesday. Meanwhile, I stayed in bed a lot and really took it easy. I completely recovered before he did and just took over the counter medication. Then came the saga about our car. . . .but that's for later.

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY greetings to everyone here who just celebrated their birthdays.

Got to do some chores around here. Take care everyone and HUGS.

BHR

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »

Nelle hope you don't get the snow.We
are having nice sunny weather.
Sharon enjoy having the family over for
your hubbys birthday.
BHR happy to hear your both feeling ok
now.
Teresa was over last night.Jess made
the city soccer team so now they will
have both girls traveling for sports.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:49 am »

Morning All!
I'm listening to the local radio station and a candidate for U.S. Congress, 4th district.  I like to stay informed and I wish that the local yokel would have let him talk more!  LOL!  At least I know who is one of the candidates.

Terry, BHR, and any others who have expressed a want of having our own platinum board again.  I'm with you.  I feel that as one of our perks of being a member of the fan club should be a private board that only paid members can view.  I have no objection to a public board with news about concerts, etc., but definitely we need a private board where we can post our stuff.  I don't like the idea of anyone reading what I wrote.  If you just come to AlanJackson.com and check out the forum you can read any of the posts.  You can't post, but you can still get all the messages. 

Cindy, I hope you will check into getting this for us.

Our dinner last night was so nice, gave hubby a bottle of Alan Jackson hot sauce and of course, he rolled his eyes.  A friend from Texas mentioned the show in Houston.  Hmmmmm, maybe I'll check that out.

Winter weather still predicted tomorrow, high today is supposed to be in the 60's.  Crazy weather.  I need to go and get some staples in case we're in for a couple days.  Asheville and NC mountains will definitely get some snow. 

Y'all have a great Thursday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2010, 10:58:45 am »

Sharon, forget the housework, just clean up afterwards.  I love Josh Turner too, especially after I saw him at the Alan Jackson concert in Raleigh, NC.  Leslie
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2010, 01:21:44 pm »

Morning All!
I'm listening to the local radio station and a candidate for U.S. Congress, 4th district.  I like to stay informed and I wish that the local yokel would have let him talk more!  LOL!  At least I know who is one of the candidates.

Terry, BHR, and any others who have expressed a want of having our own platinum board again.  I'm with you.  I feel that as one of our perks of being a member of the fan club should be a private board that only paid members can view.  I have no objection to a public board with news about concerts, etc., but definitely we need a private board where we can post our stuff.  I don't like the idea of anyone reading what I wrote.  If you just come to AlanJackson.com and check out the forum you can read any of the posts.  You can't post, but you can still get all the messages. 

Our dinner last night was so nice, gave hubby a bottle of Alan Jackson hot sauce and of course, he rolled his eyes.  A friend from Texas mentioned the show in Houston.  Hmmmmm, maybe I'll check that out.

Winter weather still predicted tomorrow, high today is supposed to be in the 60's.  Crazy weather.  I need to go and get some staples in case we're in for a couple days.  Asheville and NC mountains will definitely get some snow. 

[size=12Sharon I couldn't say it any better than you about wanting a private board & I do so agree with you & all the others.][/size]

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2010, 01:38:57 pm »

There has been lots of loud noise at our house for 3 days. We have always had a backyard full of 'Tall Tall Trees' however many of them were too close to the house & we are getting tree surgeons to bring them down & grind the stumps. It is unbelievably loud but now we can rest easy when those thunderstorms, hurricane remnants & high winds come along.

Sharon- as in my previous post you said it well about our needing a private board.

Elaine- Amazing that Canada is having sunny days in January. No snow?

BHR- I'm sure we will meet up at Alan's next Atlanta Concert. I would love to take a tour of Newnan some day & will pay attention to this CMT Insider to see all the sights down there. Sorry, Terry & Sharon, I was too tired after that hot August concert to go to Newnan with you. Concerts always take everything out of me but I enjoy them so much.

Nelle I love my iPod but thery are not for everybody. I don't care anything about Facebook, Myspace & Twitter though these sites seem to be very popular.

Ismeltzer- I like Josh Turner too. It's nice to see a young guy who follows the Traditional Country route.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:43:40 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2010, 03:18:12 pm »

Sharon  hope your weather won't
get to bad.
Harriet we have had on 2 inch of snow
this year.I keep wondering when it will
come(LOL)
I agree with you all on us getting our
 platinum board back.
It is cloudy here today.Enjoyed the sun
yesterday.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2010, 06:22:04 pm »

Morning All!

Sharron I agree with you ...We should go back to our old board for posting...Linda are you listening or reading we need you help.....we want our own posting on the pl board. don''t mind the others posting in fact it is nice but we need the P>L board posting space.....

[size=12Sharon I couldn't say it any better than you about wanting a private board & I do so agree with you & all the others.][/size]

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2010, 08:14:16 pm »

I agree, also.  Would love to have the Platinum Board back.
I have an IPod - a little shuffle one.  Don't use it too much - more when it's nice out and I can walk.  I have a Facebook account, but I don't get there hardly at all.  After spending the whole day on the computer at work, this is the only place I come to regularly to read & post.  Just don't have the time & I'm kinda all computered out at the end of the day.

The weather has been frigid here this week, but supposed to warm up into the 30's next week.  That will be nice.

Celebrating my oldest son's birthday tomorrow (it's actually his birthday).  Calzones for dinner - his favorite.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2010, 12:19:14 pm »

Hi to all,  I haven't posted in awhile but I read the boards every couple of days.
Hard to believe it's almost February!  It's been an uneventful month for me and mine.  Thank the Lord.
Sorry for the problems some of you have been having.  Hope the rest of the winter goes well and sees us all in good or better health.

Finally got our W-2 forms so it's tax prep time.  yuk.  We will have to pay in this year.  Not because we made too much but because hubby was laid off so much from the factory.  They don't withhold the tax from unemployment checks.  You have to make up the difference later.

The doctor I work for is going to be off for several weeks from the end of Feb. through most of March for her knee replacement surgery.  So I will be laid off and house bound but hopefully not stir crazy. I will have to think up something to keep myself occupied. 

We have a vacation planned for Nashville in late February.  Is it too much to hope for an Alan sighting at the Opry?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed since the line up for the Saturday show is not completed yet.

I agree with you those who miss the private platinum board, it's just not the same.  I also miss seeing some of our friends from the public boards who are not "members" like Paula.

I'll stop in to say "hey" when the February thread gets started.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2010, 03:15:00 pm »

On  Friday we got the winter  mix weather. In little rock  Arkansas   we got  Sleet ice snow   more sleet and ice then snow   only 3 inches of snow here.    It all started  as sleeet frezing rain   later in the   evening the snow.        The weather is headed  up the east coast now.   Everyone take care  .                 

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »

Kathy I am like you hardly get on facebook.
Happy birthday to your son.Hope you all
have a wonderful day.
Becky enjoy your time off.The time will fly
by.
Dee it surprises me that you have snow.
Where I live in Canada we have no snow
now.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »

Hi all,
Feeling for the ones in the southeast who are struggling with the cold and snow.  Welcome to Minnesota weather.   Ugh!
Kathy, facebook is so slow.  I think so many people are using it.  When the weather is cold my internet doesn't work very well.  I get impatient if it isn't fast.
Hectic week, and will get just as busy with conferences coming up this week and next.
Made it through my presentation at the inservice day.  Three times in four months.  That's enough!  I'm retiring from public speaking! 
Have my little man coming over in a little bit.  And very excited about the new little guy who will be part of our family in a few months.
Hope everyone is well and healthy.
My heart aches for the people of Haiti.  It seems like there is a disaster somewhere in the world every week or so.
 Will try to post more in February.
Looking forward to Alan's new album and the new video.  Right now I'm working on learning my dance steps and song for my video!  It's I love to read month (FEB) and myself and three other teachers are doing a video "My Book" --it's the kickoff to I Love to Read month.  Don't be looking for it on GAC or CMT.   I doubt if they'd accept it! Ha!
Take care and stay safe!

Dee

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2010, 08:14:42 pm »

Well now, lookie here at what the cat dragged in!  Didja miss me?

Hi all!  Wow!  It's been so long since I dropped in to say hi.  I've hardly been here since the new Board started up so I'm having trouble finding my way around.  I planned to insert an avatar but can't find where to do so .... yet.  Great to see some familiar 'faces' here and nice to see plenty of new ones too.

Terry, sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Hope it's fine again by now.  How did you hurt it?  I don't remember reading that.  It was great reading over your posts and beginning to catch up with what's been happening in your lives.  I mentioned months and months ago I'd be going in to hospital for surgery.  Well...... at long last a date has been set.  March 4th all being well.  Looooong time coming.  My Mum will be my carer while I'm out of commission.  Thank God for mothers.  My daughter had planned to visit while I was recovering but surgery has been scheduled 2 days after she leaves for a holiday in China, Mongolia and Russia.  She was pretty frustrated at the timing, as this holiday has been planned for quite some time.  Other daughter lives too far away and won't be able to be there for me.  Hubby will be doing his job AND mine, so he'll be working long hours.  As I said, thank God for mothers!  

While most of you have been shivering over there Hubby and I have been enjoying the sunshine and have been snorkelling together quite a few times.  He bought me all the gear for snorkelling for Christmas and gave it to me early in the summer season as the warm currents came early this season.  They are still here.  We had planned to go out again yesterday but, even though the ocean temps are delightful, the last couple of days have been windy and overcast.

There is a change in the wind for Hubby and me.  It mightn't be too much longer before my parents will be coming to live with us.  We're looking into building them a granny flat (small residence partially attached to existing residence, containing everything for independent living) adjacent to our home so that we'll be nearby for them if they need us, yet they'll still have their independence.  We've just submitted our ideas to our builder and are waiting to hear back from him as to whether they'll pass local Council requirements.  Hope they'll pass muster.  I keep waking at nights thinking about possible improvements and I think they're about as good as they're going to get!  Maybe tonight I'll get to sleep through till morning!

Till next time....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:19:02 pm by Dee » Logged
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »

Dee, if you have pics in your folders upload one of them to Photobucket- you have to register & create an account. Once it's in photobucket you can click on it & get a drop down list. The last item on the list starts with IMG. Right click & copy then cometo the board & click on Profile. Then click on Forum Profile Information & go to the Avatar box & Rt click & paste the picture in. This works for me & I have Windows Vista. If you have something else it may still work. Good luck.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: