Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 10:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Augustine FL 4th of October 2009  (Read 68677 times)
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »

We are now in Branson, MO. Came to the hotel late as we visited friends before this. I have some cars to inspect at 57 Heaven for a customer back home in Sweden that he want to buy. Did not know that this was a Country town... We are to tired to go out and look but we will be back some other time.

Need to look at those cars tomorrow and then head for Nashville and our friends outside the town. Maybe a visit at Graceland if Sabrina wants. I have been there before but I would like to go again.

We plan to go and see the "Country Music Hall of Fame" in Nashville this time. Anyone know if they have anything about Alan there?

We will go to the King Fish Grill the 3rd of October and hope to meet some of you guys. Plan to be there at 5-6 PM. See you there...

Pontus & Sabrina

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
suem

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 07:25:44 pm »

They have a small area dedicated to Alan....they have his dad's radio there.  Also Alan was on one of the big videos when I was there...Have fun.  I will go back another day too!

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 03:34:25 am »

"CMHF" is a great place to visit Pontus. As a European countrymusic lover it's a must to visit. Elvis' gold Cadillac is displayed as well. In the hall you can buy tickets for the historic "Studio B". Other places to visit: The Ryman Auditorium, Wildhorse Saloon, Broadway with his live music bars, shops, restaurants and don't forget the "Ernst Tubb Record Schop".
When i was there i stayed in the "Renaissance" hotel just behind the "Grand Ole Opry". Nice hotel with a inside parking and all the places you can do on foot.
Enjoy.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »

Jean/B , you are exactly right about Nashville! I have been to all the places you visited. lol we go there a lot to visit relatives.
we stayed at the Gaylord right by the mall for Christmas and that was terrific! we took the boat ride inside and watched the shows etc..went to the Ryman and took a ride on the Riverboat and had dinner. I wish Pontus had time to go to the LOVELESS CAFE, it the best country food, Alan just visited there rencently, his photo is there. we've gone  there several times.
I hope we can go to the KingFish Grill & see him and His new wife but our son is due to come by and we may run out of time. this
is when we go to St Augustine soon. Hope to see a lot of Fans there!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2009, 06:32:30 pm »

We are in Nashville now. Have seen the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was great. Loved the video they have on the 3rd floor. When they changed from Johnny Cash and "Hurt" to Alan Jackson and "Where were you" I had wet eyes.

Can't wait for Sunday...

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2009, 06:39:25 pm »

Pontus and Sabrina, thanks for sharing your adventure!!!  Love your pictures.  Enjoy the concert!!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 07:02:08 pm »

Pontus and Sabrina so glad you are have such wonderful honeymoon...And taking in so many thing while you are in the United States from Sweden...You are seeing more thing than a lot of people see in a life time. So glad you are seeing Alan
in Sweden and in the U.S.  we all are crazy about Alan here..We will be in St Augustine for the concert. We can't get out tickets until 6;30 at  the ticket desk.so says ticketmasters. dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2009, 07:41:20 pm »

Sabrina and Pontus thank you for all your wonderful stories and beautiful pictures. You have taken me places and shown me such great photes of them, that I know I will never be able to go to and see for myself.  I thank you again so very much. It has been a treat and I hope you have fun seeing Alan again. You did a geart job on the flag.  Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:09 am »

Pontus and Sabrina!!
You guys look great and Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Wow! You must be a sppeeder like my brother in law or you are flying. You have done so much in sucha short time. Nice photos and you guys look great!
I have been to the places you are showing but nice to see them again. Some people haven't and they will enjoy your nice photos.

I just hope and pray Alan sings" WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE WORLD STOPPED TURNING for Pontus and Sabrina!! ALL the way from SWEDEN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to See Alan and on their Honeymoon too!
Cindy try and pass this on to ALan. I heard Alan sing this several times in Concert but each time I find myself tearing up.
So glad you guys are enjoying your wonderful trip. Be careful and hope to see you both in St Augustine!!!
Jerrie aka Artsy

PS- THE PHOTOS ARE EXCELLENT!!!!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 10:45:32 pm »

Tomorrow (3rd of October) we will arrive in St. Augustine. We have spent 2 days in the car because we had to drive back from southern Georgia to Nashville…

You maybe have read my thread about the Eskilstuna concert in Sweden the 14th of August. We had a Meet & Greet with Alan and we got that because I helped the Swedish people who were making the advertising for the concert. I helped them to get people that like old US cars to the concert. Alan is not that well known in Sweden and they needed that…

That people also helped me to get contact with Alan’s staff who take care of his cars. We got a call yesterday telling us that we could come and see the cars. We had 7 hours back to Nashville and we turned at once. Today we saw his estate and cars. We only saw the house from the outside but the garage from the inside… He has some nice cars… It was a dream for us to be there. Being a big Alan Jackson fan and a car guy...

We meet one of Alan’s people taking care of his estate and looked at the cars for 2 hours. Also saw the shop where they restore the cars. Took a lot of pictures but we only shows these because I think Alan need his privacy.

What a honeymoon…. We are in heaven

See you in St. Augustine

Pontus & Sabrina

In front of the house

In front of the garage

Sabrina and Alan's little dog

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:47 am »

Wow. Great pictures.  What an opportunity to be able to visit his garage of cars.  It seems like you guys are having a great time.  Enjoy the concert in St. Augustine FL.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2009, 09:40:37 am »

Sitting on ready..................................Sue's here and ready!
One more day!!  And the fun will begin!

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2009, 09:44:51 am »

The fun has already begun and I am beside myself!   The pictures from Alan's home were wonderful and to
see the dog was so cool!   Can't wait until tomorrow night!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 01:45:33 pm »

Now we are at the hotel, Travellodge. 3 minutes from KingFish and Grill, be there 5-6 PM.

Will first shop and get our tickets. 8 minutes to the Amphitheatre.

See you soon.

Pontus & Sabrina

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 02:52:17 pm »

Tomorrow before the concert, Dizzy, Sue, Mae, Bill and I are going to the Conch House for dinner.
We are going at 4:30....we can pick up our tickets at 6:30 and the amphitheatre is very close to the
restaurant.   Anyone who wants to have a pre-concert party...come join us!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: