Alan Jackson
May 01, 2024, 06:21:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Augustine FL 4th of October 2009  (Read 68382 times)
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:41 pm »

Me and my wife will see Alan in St. Augustine, have tickets, flight booked and hotel nearby. As this is our first concert with Alan in the USA. (first will be here in Sweden on Friday) Where is there a good place to go and see and hear some good country (Alan Jackson style) the night before?

We have been to Nascar races and done some tailgating, awesome. Is there something equal at a concert with Alan? Maybe some of you guys have a country party?

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:33:51 am »

Hopefully I will see you in St. Augustine, Billstrom.  So glad you are going to the show in Sweden.  You will have to give us here in the states a review!  Some of the folks from St. Augustine can tell you more about the local nightspots.  Have fun in Sweden.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »

It would be nice to see some Alan Jackson fans in St. Augustine. Hope to get more info about where to go here on this forum.

I will give you a review ASAP the Eskilstuna concert is over. I will have my laptop with me and we camp a few minutes from the show area.

Thanks

Pontus Billstrom and Sabrina Drugge
www.billstrom.nu

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:47 pm »

Hope to meet you in St. Augustine too.  Will be looking forward to your review of the Sweden concert.

Livin' On Love in California
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:15:19 am »

Hope to see you in St Augustine -  PLEASE  COME AND LET US KNOW ABOUT THE SWEDEN SHOW - HAve fun and be safe
in your travels.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 01:06:40 pm »

Me and my wife will see Alan in St. Augustine, have tickets, flight booked and hotel nearby. As this is our first concert with Alan in the USA. (first will be here in Sweden on Friday) Where is there a good place to go and see and hear some good country (Alan Jackson style) the night before?

We have been to Nascar races and done some tailgating, awesome. Is there something equal at a concert with Alan? Maybe some of you guys have a country party?
My husband and I will be going to the St Augustine Concert. St Augustine is a Tourist City, not sure about night life. We do eat at The KingFish Grill nearby and it has a band some nights by the water and you can sit outside also. Not sure it's Country Music always.
Enjoy your visit ! My husband's Relatives are from Sweden, let us know how the Concert went there, with Alan!

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:43:03 pm »

I, Pontus and my wife, Sabrina have started to think about accessories to have with us or wear at the concert. Maybe the Swedish flag with our names written on.

Someone who have a suggestion about something else?

We call it “tifo” here in Sweden when you have special clothes or accessories on a sports event. We want to make this concert special also…

The night before we hope to see some of you on an event or country & western party…

Pontus & Sabrina

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 12:35:37 pm »

Lots here wear Alan Jackson shirts, and some wear regular clothes. Since it is outdoors casual attire  would be good. I think to wave your Swedish Flag would be great! perhaps you could attach a sign with it saying we Love AJ somehow. Just trying to help
you a bit. With a heart .we Heart AJ! is always good. meaning love. Some wear AJ T-Shirts.

Terry and her friends hold up the" Good Time" Signs and they have gotten so much attention. Thye hold up letter that spell it out.
she has gotten them signed by Alan and all the concerts she has been too. which is most of them. Ask Terry for suggestions perhaps, she has been to most Alan concerts here in the  USA!

Some brought Alan a Red Rose, if they can be near the stage & the guards let them.They passed one to Alan for me once, during "Like Red On A Rose" Love that song!

Alan would notice your Flag from your country for sure. we have one our relative brought us and it so nice! Blue with a  yellow cross
This is a great idea I think! Wish I could help you more. maybe someone else will have better ideas. mainly just Enjoy!

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 06:34:45 pm »

Thanks Jeri for the suggestions with apparel at the concert. We will bring a flag and write something about Sweden, Alan and us. We shall buy it soon and write on it. Take a picture with us and the flag then post it here...

Plans for the night before.

Kingfish are one good suggestion. Any more???

Plans for our honey moon in Hawaii and USA.

We will fly to Hawaii the 15-16th of September. Start here in Sweden the 15th, fly to Chicago, stay at a hotel there one night and then continue to Hawaii the 16th. See Pearl Harbor and Waikiki Beach and more? Fly to Maui the 19th and stay at the west side until the 23rd when we fly back to the mainland and Chicago. Have not looked to close about what to see or do on Maui, any suggestions?

Drive down to south of Kansas City and see our friends there for a couple of days. Then we will drive all the way to Florida. Se our friends in Tennessee and of course Nashville (my 3rd time). Then our friends in Georgia before we arrive the 3rd of October in St. Augustine and our hotel.

What to do before the concert with Alan will be much up to you guys. As you know more about what happens before an AJ concert then we do...

After the concert we will drive on clouds down to our friends in Florida before flying back to Sweden the 8th of October from Miami.

For some of you this maybe seems like a long drive but for us it is not. Second time I were in the USA I drove 10724 miles during 3 weeks and 2 days. Coast to coast 2 times. Saw Yellowstone, Redwood Forest, Golden Gate, drove Highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Old Tucson, Tombstone, The Alamo, New Orleans, Memphis, Graceland, Nashville, Washington DC incl. Whitehouse, Manhattan, Ground Zero, The Statue of Liberty and last the Niagara Falls.

Today I have been to 41 states, have also seen Mount Rushmore, been up in Sears Tower, Nascar races in Kansas City, stopped by the Police in Texas for speeding but when he saw a crazy Swede being happy for being pulled over and wanting to take pictures of him and his car on the Interstate he told me to drive a bit calmer (too much paperwork I think for 2 miles faster than the others) he let me go...

My wife, Sabrina have been to 31 states so far.

I really "BURN" for this AJ thing and our trips to the USA...

Pontus Billstrom

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »

have fun Pontus.
you have seen more of the USA than I ever hope to.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
suem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 08:48:07 pm »

Thanks Jeri for the suggestions with apparel at the concert. We will bring a flag and write something about Sweden, Alan and us. We shall buy it soon and write on it. Take a picture with us and the flag then post it here...

Plans for the night before.

Kingfish are one good suggestion. Any more???

Plans for our honey moon in Hawaii and USA.

We will fly to Hawaii the 15-16th of September. Start here in Sweden the 15th, fly to Chicago, stay at a hotel there one night and then continue to Hawaii the 16th. See Pearl Harbor and Waikiki Beach and more? Fly to Maui the 19th and stay at the west side until the 23rd when we fly back to the mainland and Chicago. Have not looked to close about what to see or do on Maui, any suggestions?

Drive down to south of Kansas City and see our friends there for a couple of days. Then we will drive all the way to Florida. Se our friends in Tennessee and of course Nashville (my 3rd time). Then our friends in Georgia before we arrive the 3rd of October in St. Augustine and our hotel.

What to do before the concert with Alan will be much up to you guys. As you know more about what happens before an AJ concert then we do...

After the concert we will drive on clouds down to our friends in Florida before flying back to Sweden the 8th of October from Miami.

For some of you this maybe seems like a long drive but for us it is not. Second time I were in the USA I drove 10724 miles during 3 weeks and 2 days. Coast to coast 2 times. Saw Yellowstone, Redwood Forest, Golden Gate, drove Highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Old Tucson, Tombstone, The Alamo, New Orleans, Memphis, Graceland, Nashville, Washington DC incl. Whitehouse, Manhattan, Ground Zero, The Statue of Liberty and last the Niagara Falls.

Today I have been to 41 states, have also seen Mount Rushmore, been up in Sears Tower, Nascar races in Kansas City, stopped by the Police in Texas for speeding but when he saw a crazy Swede being happy for being pulled over and wanting to take pictures of him and his car on the Interstate he told me to drive a bit calmer (too much paperwork I think for 2 miles faster than the others) he let me go...

My wife, Sabrina have been to 31 states so far.

I really "BURN" for this AJ thing and our trips to the USA...

Pontus Billstrom
Pontus, do you know  where your seats are for the concert?
Also nice places you have visited.  Come to my state but not in winter.  Lake Superior is a great place to visit.  We have many lovely lakes in Minneapolis and the river in Minneapolis is gorgeous too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:32:46 pm by suem » Logged

tweetyanne

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 12:28:37 am »

my husbands 50th birthday on sept 2nd and i am still trying to get tix for him....if you know anyone selling please let me know.........
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 03:18:17 am »

We have tickets for section 102, row A, in the middle. We have only the pit between us and Alan.

Looking forward to this.

Pontus

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 01:11:37 pm »

Great you go see Alan in the States Pontus & Sabrina. I crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice for Alan Jackson and believe me it is worth the long trip !!!Concert venues are great, weather too and last but not least, fantastic FANS from this board !!!
Have a Good Time and i'm waiting for your review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:51:39 pm »

Jean/B when are you coming back to a concert here in the USA! Your Countries really gave Alan a great showing of appreciation!

I can't wait to see "Bill's "Review either. All the places you have gone whoa! I have gone to all of these also, I have no more ideas
here in FL, except Disney & Universal Studios, but that takes time and it's a bit pricey. Jimmy Buffett's" Margaritaville Cafe" located at Universal City Walk, Orlando Florida. This is just places we have been to. Enjoy!

It's Jerrie Hi!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: