Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 03:33:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 102994 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:44 pm »

Hello Friends. Thanks for all the support & well wishes. Not ready for Prime Time, as they say, but getting better each day which is encouraging. Guess my pneumonia shot wore off- wonder if they give another one.

Kathy- Your foot problem sounds painful & hope it gets better.

Keely- Wow! Front Row Searts. I know you enjoyed that & got geat pics.

Jean- Az- Wishing all the best to your Twins in the playoffs.

Love to All!

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 03:48:30 pm »

Hello everyone, back from FL to colder weather, but that's ok, it's nice during the day. Wish I could have packed up some of that rain and brought it home!!!  

Keely, sounds like you had a really GOOD TIME at Alan's concert.  I'm so happy to hear you won the front row seats, that's way cool.

Elaine, sure hope the snow stays on the mountain for a little longer.  Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family too.  Tell TJ hello from me.

Harriet, hope you are feeling better every day.

Sue, it's always a reality check when we have to come back to the real world after having so much fun.  Good to see you again.

I have some kids for square dancing tonight.  I got up early (still on Eastern time) so took the truck in to get washed and a very slow leak in a tire fixed, then picked up a few groceries.  Now I have a couple hours to do homework, etc.
Y'all have a great rest of the day.  Hello to all reading.

Livin' On Love in California
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 08:22:10 am »

Hate to say I've got nothing to share, but thought I'd stop in to say Hello to everyone..
Prayers to those who are ill and have been ill...

and Happy October to you all!!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 08:25:24 am »

Happy Friday!

Well, Terry has my camera which I lost in St. Augustine.  A very kind AJ fan picked it up and gave it to her.  Isn't that a coincidence?

This time next week, I'll be on my way to Maryville to meet Terry & Dot!  YeeHaw!!!! What better way to spend AJ's birthday than the front row watching that tall good looking man!!!

BTW, Dot says hi to y'all, she's without a computer.  She said she has gotten a lot done since not having one.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner Elaine, give my love to TJ too!

Glad you're home safe and sound Terry!  Don't get to use to PST you'll be in CST soon!

Harriett, glad you are improving.  Didn't realize you had the pneumonia shot!  Does that mean they don't work?

I love when I preview my post and it says "fetching preview".  Have y'all noticed that?

I'm off to get some things done.  Congrats Keely, you are one "lucky" gal.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 01:28:27 pm »

Sharon I had that pnuemonia shot a number of years ago. They say it's 1 shot for life but now I don't believe it.

Terry & all others who have supported me, I really am getting better every day & am very pleased with the progress.

Hi Kimberly. Hope you are well.

Keely

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »

Happy Thanks Giving and Columbus Day!! To all of you guys.  I am having my Thanks Giving on Sunday, October 11, 2009!.   It is getting little bit cooler in Ontario.  Next week we might be getting a little bit of wet snow in Ontario, Canada.

Hi Eliane have family members live in B.C. Canada. They came down to see us in September to a visit with us.  I am looking forward for Winter Games in B.C. Canada next year.
Keely!

Keely
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2009, 05:11:46 pm »

Harriet herre they tell us to renew our
pneumonia shot every ten years.
Terry how many clients do you have
now?
Sharon glad to see you will get your
camera back.
Terry and Sharon I will say hi to T.J.
for you.She is really busy running around
with volley ball.Both the girls are playing
this year.She also plays two nights a
week.
Kimberly it was nice to see you posting.

Keely what part of B.C. is your family
from.I am from the Okanogan Valley
Was busy doing some cooking for Thanksgiving
dinner on Sunday.It is sunny but only in the 40
today.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 08:24:17 pm »

Cold & rainy here.  Finally gave in and turned on the heat.

TGIF - I know I say that every Friday, but I really mean it every Friday.  There are so many changes at work (personnel-wise) that it's heartwrenching and so emotional.   So far I'm fine and I only need to hang in there for 9 1/2 more months - but it's not easy. 

I didn't even know there was a shot for pneumonia. ??  I've never had one and I've never had pneumonia either.  Harriet, glad you are getting every day. 

Sharon, glad your camera was found - how lucky.

Rooting for the Twins tonight - they are winning 3-1 in the 9th inning.  Hope they can hang on!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 10:14:02 pm »

My trees are very confused again this fall, don't know whether to shed their leaves or keep them a while longer.  Down to the 40's or 50's at night and up to mid 70's or low 80's during the day. 

I should be doing homework but thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Harriet, good to hear you're feeling better, keep getting lots of rest.

Sharon, yep, next week at this time who knows what you, me and Dot will be into?Huh?  I'm trying to keep somewhat on Eastern time so the change won't be so bad for me again so soon.  It's suppose to rain here the first of the week so that means it will probably be raining there next weekend.  (figures I actually took my suburban to the car wash for the first time in months)  Guess since CA needs rain so much I should have taken it months ago...LOL

Elaine, OH BOY, now TJ has two girls doing volleyball???  Oh my, is she going to survive??  Have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

Keely, happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Kathy, hope your foot is feeling better.  Do you have Monday off too? 

I'm not even completely unpacking this time, just taking out the summer clothes and putting in warmer ones.  I doubt it will be FL weather in TN...LOL 

Y'all have a great weekend, I'll be busy doing homework, etc.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:58 am »

Good  Morning to Everyone!

After going to Alan's concerts, I miss all of you we saw..It was a great time for us. Does anyone know if Pontus and Sabrina got home ok.. Hollywoood and St Augustine Florida were both good concerts to see Alan, so glad we were able to go!

I had a wonderful week & weekend with family visiting also. The most beautiful twins in the world was visting us & their brother & family.I really enjoyed the little bundles of joy! They are just precious. I am so sore today I can't move but it was worth it. Heavy
little buggers after you hold thema  long , long time LOL

Harriet, I hope & pray you feel better now, like you I do not trust thta pneumonia shot to last that long now. Mom had the shot and she got pneumonia too but survived it@ 90, so maybe it does save lives, just as sick as you were. so sorry you had it but I hope you feel stronger soon! All of you who are ill, I hope you feel better soon. Kimberly I hope you are ok too.

Wish we had more reviews on the Concerts & especially the meet & greet winners. Perhaps later..

Terry amazing you found Sharon's camera, so happy you did and can give it to her in TN. I was thinking of us going to the TN Concert but we have to go see my mom & check on her. You take care traveling all over. I didn't see you that much at the concert but just knowing you are there, I feel your presence. You are so nice and thoughful, thanks for telling him my name, Monty, the Strayhorn, I really wanted to meet him so many times & decided to just go for it. I really like his new CD. Being honest I will tell you why I didn't walk over to meet Pontus and Sabrina, I am still dealing with vertigo a bit and my ear problem and frankly afraid I might fall & Hubby would not walk down w/me, so sorry. I had intended to especially meet them this time.I was hopitalized recently for the ear problem, I hope they understand. I usually hold on to my hubby for support & go nowhere alone at Concerts, after this happening. God was with me when I walked to go for my meet & greet alone with Alan, a while back but this was before I was hospitalized. The dizzyness had started a bit before then but worsened later.

I hope Dizzy, Sue, Harriet, Terry, Kimberly, Elaine, Jean/az, Jean/B,Kathy,Nelle, ajscatsmom(sp?) Jinx, Sherry,Anita,Keely, caz,BHR, Sabrina & Pontus and all those I have missed are fine and Enjoy your Day! so nice meeting new AJ members.
We will see Alan again soon & be Happy! I really get so much from his Concerts! He is Indeed a Great Country Singer and Man!
Oh yes Louann Special wishes for your Birthday !!!your friend Debbie, give her our best.
Hugs, Jerrie aka Artsy-MS-FL

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:05:48 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 05:46:58 pm »

Hi Jeri This is nelle and I just read your Good Morning to everyone. I want to thank you very much for remembering me, nelle in wishing us an enjoyable day.  Thank you for thinking of me as an AJ member with everyone else you mentioned. Take Care        nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 02:22:03 am »

Harriet and Jerie, I'm just doing fine..
Have been busy with work and all and sometimes I read but don't feel like posting, too tired for it..

Hi to you Nelle, I have never seen you posting before on the previous Alan's boards.
sorry to ask, are you new? Anyway glad to see you here!

Elaine, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

AJ IS THE BEST
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 09:43:12 am »

Hi AJ Friends,

It was a great weekend for us Belgians. On sunday we had the sanctification of our Father Damien by the pope. What he did for the leprous population of Molokay is unbelievable!
Have a lot of work in the garden. I don't know what i did before my retirement? Still no time enough !

Harriet, so sorry about your pnuemonia. I'm glad you feeling better. Take care.

Terry, have fun in Tennessee. Have you made something for Alan's Birthday?

Elaine, we have a new Canadian serie on tv. "Wild Roses". Have you seen it yet? I love it.

Hi Sharon, Kathy, Keely, Nelle, Jerrie, Kimberly, ... everybody reading and have a nice day.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 02:15:43 pm »

Kathy  is it still cold there?We are still having
our cold streak.
Terry Teresa is lucky as Jess only plays in town
games at her age.
Jeri glad you had a nice visit with the twins.
Nelle glad you have joined us and hope your
enjoying being on the board.
Jean I have not seen the show Wild Roses.
George and I thought the same thing when he
retired but the days never seemed long enough.
Had a wonderful weekend.Jess spent Satuday with
me while Kelsey played in a tournament .She was
happy she was picked for the all star team.Will have
Jess again this weekend as Kelsey is off to another
tournament.Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my
family
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »

Hello Friends. We are being drenched with rain again & temp in the 60's. Looks gloomy but I don't feel gloomy because I feel much better.

Terry- have been getting lots of sleep as you suggested.

JeanB- How do we get so busy during retirement? I feel it is the same way.

Elaine- Congrats to Kelsey for her All- Star selection.

Jeri- glad you had a nice visit with the twins. I will ask about getting another pneumonia shot.

Kathy- I heard it was cold in Chicago & thought about you. I think the cold air is making it's way from West to East. Not looking forward to it. Do you get to retire in 9 & 1/2 months?

Hi to Kimberly & Nelle.

I posted a Power Picks for tomorrow for Sissy's Song. Come vote if you can.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: