Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 12:25:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 117277 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2009, 08:28:56 pm »

It rained hard all day but is moving out now. Saw on the news a car fell in a sinkhole caused by the weather. I think the weather will be good tomorrow. We need to dry out. Hope all of you are OK.

Jeri-I hope the rain is out of here for a few days. I believe the rain we had today moved east of us.
[/b]

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2009, 11:10:28 am »

Harriet,
Good, I hope the people in Newnan are ok too. sounds like Florida with the sink holes. so much rain, so quickly, softens the ground.
I hope it has stopped for everyone's sake.. have you heard from BHR yet? whata  time to have to move, plus after surgery. I hope
she takes care of herself and makes the move fine. I love the area there, my sister used to live in Fayetteville.
Take care Harriet and feel better soon to you & your hubby!

Jerrie Aka Artsy

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2009, 12:33:43 pm »

Last I heard from BHR they were leaving on Thursday for the trip to Atlanta & the moving truck was moving their things. I know they are probably busy moving in & they had to deal with some rain on Saturday as we did.
The weather today is partly cloudy, temp in the 70's & humidity- 60%. This is a great improvement.

Jeri, hope you're OK.

BHR the best to you & Ken as you make your move./b][
/size]

suem

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2009, 07:31:01 pm »

Hi to all!
Just back from a visit to my parents.  My aunt and uncle from California were here visiting.  So it was fun to visit with them...  Exhausted.
Getting so excited for my trip to Florida next weekend.
Stay safe all.  I'll read later.  Did a little.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2009, 09:46:07 pm »

Hello everyone,

I've been really busy with homework, etc but have tried to read everyday.  Trying to get everything done around here and homework, work since I'll be gone for a week.  I have paperwork to get done for Sept too, just realized that!!!
We went to Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday for lunch with friends and then did a BBQ here later for both my hubby's, mine, and my hubby's best friend's BD's.
Looking forward to seeing so many AJ fans and friends next weekend and having some fun in FL the extra days. 
Harriet, good to hear you might be getting some relief from the rain.  Sure hope you don't get any more for a while.
Thanks for keeping us updated on BHR and their move.  I hope she didn't overdo with just having surgery.
The "big" fire is finally out, after almost a month.  There are a couple more, but none near us, thanks for asking.
Margie, hope your shoulder is doing ok and you can enjoy next weekend with us.
Elaine, I'm sure Kelsey was really excited about being able to drive to your house.  Is Teresa a basket case??  They have to have a learners permit here (in California) for a year now too, and can't have anyone under age in the car for another year after that, so that makes it 18 years old.  They can have a younger sibling in the car with special permission after they get their license. 
Sharon, I have had almost all my teeth pulled or root canals, never did have very good teeth.
Hope everyone has a great week.

Livin' On Love in California
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:09 am »

Hello Friends,

We survived our move and just got back home about half an hour or so ago from our last trip to MS for a little while. Will explain everything later. Harriet, thanks for updating everyone here for me. There are lots to tell about our move but for now I need all your prayers again. . .for my nephews and their families in the Philippines. I'm sure you all have heard and seen on tv news broadcast about the major typhoon that passed through the Metro Manila areas, among other places, in the Philippines that caused heavy flooding. One of the areas affected, the city of Marikina (the i's are pronounced like long e and the a's as short a), is where my nephews and their families lives at. I received an update from my brother in CA saying that the water rose to the second floor of their home (they all live together in one home) so they evacuated to one of their neighbors' home that was on a higher ground but then that home got flooded too and to near the roof. They all stayed in the small space between the ceiling and the roof of the home (not an attic) until the water receded. My two nephews, meanwhile, decided to go to the roof, short while later while they were all still in that small space, to get help. They stayed there overnight and managed somehow to get themselves some help and was able to go to my sister's hotel in Manila where they're safe now. However, one of the back wall of their home had collapsed and they're not 100% sure how safe their home is to live in right now. They're not currently financially able to find themselves another place to live in. Please remember them in your prayers. Thank you all very much with my hearfelt appreciation.

Take care. HUGS.
BHR     

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2009, 06:03:08 am »

Hello Friends,

I had a wonderful weekend. Nice weather for my bike trip and World Championships cycling in Switserland on tv all weekend long! My favorit by the profs Australian Cadel Evans won the title. Yeehaw !!!
Finaly our kitchen is complete. I'm very proud of my work.

BHR, saw the flood on tv. Terrible! Send prayers to your family.
Have a safe move to Newman.

Terry, happy belated birthday to Glen. BBQ ribs ... i can smell them. lol.
Hope your tooth is healt. Be careful in FL.

Sue, travel safe to Florida too and have fun.

Harriet, hope the rain is out. Please send some rain our way! Farmers need rain, everything is so dry.
I wondering if Van Zant haven't decided to make a new cd? Last week i puted "My Kind Of Country" in the cd player, still one of the best albums in my collection.
Hope hubby feel better soon.

Jerrie, congrats! Your M&G picture is on the "photo" section. Sherri's too.
Are you going to a concert this week?

Elaine, congrats to Kelsey. Hope she will drive careful.
Same rules for learners in Belgium.

Sharon, Good Luck Braves in the playoffs !

Kathy, Saw the sand storm in Sydney. Our Aussie friends are oke. That kind of storms are like a big fog. Sometimes we wake up in Belgium with our cars covered with red sand from the African desert ! Strange nature !!!

Jean Ar, i watched a few matchs of the World Championship baseball on tv. But honestly i don't understand the game very well. p.e.: when the player hit the ball with his stick, why the other player have to run from one hole to another?

AJTexasfan, caz, pestinparadise, bltn1955, everybody reading,
Have a nice week.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2009, 07:04:44 am »

Hi to all!
Just back from a visit to my parents.  My aunt and uncle from California were here visiting.  So it was fun to visit with them...  Exhausted.Getting so excited for my trip to Florida next weekend.
Stay safe all.  I'll read later.  Did a little.

Sue,
It's always nice to have relatives come, I used to enjoy everyone coming to Florida more to visit but now I get exhausted ha!
My son is due to go by here to their timeshare in cocoa Bch and we will be leaving for Florida, the drive to Hollywood is anywhere from four hours, to more for us. I'm excited about that Venue but I am congested and don't feel my best, asthma w/humidity.
If we m iss my son going by, we will go see them down there & keep the babies & let them have a break maybe. They are so cute now and so big! twins but so opposite.  Boy cries and the girl doesn't. well really they take turns lol, poor parents , never get good sleep.
Sure hope BHR is ok and moved fine.. I heard about the Manila floodings, it was horrible. so sorry for her relatives, prayers for all the people. maybe the Churches will help the people find shelter, they do here when needed.
Harriet glad it has stopped the rain, my neice will be happy & you too. Looking good here for Alan's Concert. should be cooler at night. we are going to the Hollywood one , so we have a long drive, just here in Florida and just get back & then St Augustine. Hubby is not feeling his best either. Not sure I can get him to go to the KingFish Grill, he works that day before & will be tired. It's not that huge, but the food is good. maybe some can go since Pontus and  Sabrina will be there. Not sure how they have time to go to Memphis, Nashville & then drive here in time. we can't make that drive that quick. Jean/B yes we plan to go to both Venues!
Sue , Dizzy , Sharon,Terry and all of you will see you at St Augustine hopefully( unless Mom's condition changes) Never knowing is a killer. It changes weekly almost but my sister is there now.
Take care everyone, have a safe trip, see you there! Jerrie aka Artsy
PS- Let us know if anyone gets a Meet & Greet!! or front row . I am so anxious to know.. Sherrie, Terry and I will have to wait a while lol since we have already met Alan this year!.. There is always next year..my renewal is then Yea! haha!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:11:35 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2009, 12:34:07 pm »

Hello friends. It is really cool here- in the 60's last night when I turned in. No rain til Friday then a very small chance.

BHR- Glad you got moved. I thought of you when I saw the reports about the typhoon in the Phillippines. Hope your family will be OK. Will call you soon.

Jeri- Enjoy the concert trips in FLA. Hope you will be able to go. I will not see Alan this year but am thankful for CMT's broadcast of Aquapalooza.

Hi Sue.

Terry- Happy Birthday to you & Glenn-sounds like you had fun celebrating. I too don't have good teeth & have lost all the top ones & the lower left where I have the implants. Trying to hang on to the lower teeth I have left.

JeanB-Bet your kitchen looks great & know you are proud of a job well done.

Jean-AZ- Well the Braves are only 2.5 games out in the NL Wild Card & have won 14 of 16. We are playing 7 more games with the Marlins & The Nationals. Hope we can catch up with Colorado & make the playoffs. It's a long shot but I'm hoping & hope for your Twins too.

Everyone enjoy the Florida Concerts. Love to All.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:38:30 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009, 02:41:03 pm »

Margie here it is not only the young that are on
cell phones or texting while driving.Sorry you
have to be inthe immobilizer for four months.
Jeri sorry you had to cancel your trip to visit
your mom.
Harriet those rules are good as that way they
learn how to drive in the snow before they
drive alone.
Sue glad you had a nice visit with your mom
dad and aunt and uncle.
Terry good luck getting your homework done
before you head off on another trip to a concert.
BHR prayers to your nephew.Saw the damage on
CNN this morning.I twa sad to hear that no one
had house insurance there.
Jean glad the weather was great for your bike
trip.
Had Jess here on Sat.Kelsey had a volley ball
tournament in Kamloops.Her team won.
It is sunny but much cooler here.Only in the 50
so far.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2009, 03:51:53 pm »

Hi Y'all,
Getting ready to get busy in the kitchen tonight.  Wanted to write a few lines.
I'm still watching my email for a M&G announcement!  LOL!

Rain has moved out, we had 4" Friday & Saturday.  We're only 5" down for the year now. 

Watched Aquapalooza this morning.  Thanks for telling me Harriet.  I'm glad I wasn't there!  LOL!  Maybe 20 years ago, but not now!

I'm looking forward to going to FL this weekend.  Hope to see everyone on Sunday night.  Don't know what my friend's plans are for Saturday.  Those of you traveling to AL and So FL this weekend, enjoy!

JeanB, glad your kitchen is done.  Way to Go!

BHR, I hadn't heard about the flooding in the Phillipines.  Sorry to hear that.  Your family is in my prayers.  I know you are glad to have gotten moved. 

Hello, to everyone else.....

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009, 04:28:52 pm »

BHR glad you survive the move.  Take it easy on the unpacking.  Your family in the Philippines are in my prayers.
JeanB glad to hear you got the kitchen finished.  I bet it looks great!!!  I did see my picture on the M&G photo section, even though I spell my name with a y and not an i!
All of you going to the concerts in Florida - have a really Good Time.
I am looking forward to the one in Alabama!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009, 04:59:35 pm »

BHR, so sorry to hear of your family's situation and will pray for them.  I saw the pictures and it looks horrible over there.

Sherry, see you in AL.  Where are you staying?  You can PM me and maybe we can get together for dinner before the concert.  When are you arriving?  I'll be there on Friday afternoon.

Sharon, you can send us some of that rain. 

Elaine, congrats to Kelsey and her team.

Harriet, hope you don't get any more rain for a while, your area certainly doesn't need it.

Jean, congrats on getting your kitchen done, now you can come do my bathroom...LOL

Got my GOOD TIME signs laminated now that all are signed by Alan.  Still have homework, housework, laundry, packing, and paperwork to get done.   You can tell where my priorities are...LOL 

Have a great day friends.

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2009, 08:04:29 pm »

The cold front definitely came through last night - it was rainy & chilly all day.  Low 60's, but felt colder because of the rain.   
Took my son to the airpot this morning for a trip to Tucson to visit his dad.  Good time to go with the weather turning cool.  He really needed a vacation - hasn't had one all year.

JeanB - congrats on completing your kitchen.

BHR - glad to hear you are all moved.  Prayers for your family in the Philippines.

Watching DWTS and will pick up Aquapalooza when it's over.

Everyone going to the concerts this weekend - enjoy!!!!!  Can't wait for reviews & pictures.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2009, 08:06:46 pm »

Thank you all for your prayers for my family in the Philippines. I have just received another update from my brother and he said that my nephews had gone back to their home. . .or whatever's left of it. The news is not good. Their house is knee deep in mud and they've lost everything. I'm close to tears right now having hard time imagining what they're going through and wondering how they can get their lives back to normal with very little to lack of finances. I feel so bad for them.

Elaine, you're partly right about the lack of home insurances there in the Philippines. They actually have it there but only affordable to the well to do and richy people, sad to say. So that doesn't help the flooding victims there at all, or victims of any catastrophic events such as this one. Something might change in this regard after this flooding chaos but it would already be too late for it to do any good for the victims such as my nephews and their families.

Harriet, I'll be looking forward for your call.

Thank you all gain for your prayers and caring. It was and is much appreciated. Take care all. HUGS.

BHR 

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: