Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 08:36:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 106756 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2009, 01:55:50 pm »

Sharon enjoy your trip to Florida.
A.J texas fan have a great time at the
concert in Alabama.
Terry I know you will have a great time
with all the A.J. fans in Florida.
Kathy I enjoyed DWTS last night.It will
be interesting to see comes out on top.
BHR it is to bad only the well to do can get
insurance.The fellow on CNN said no one had
the insurance.
Even with the sun out this morning it is not
very warm.Busying washing cloths this morning
trying to get all my work done before my sil comes
on Thursday.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:49 pm »

Hi all
I sure wish this was private.
But I'll share a little.  I so need a trip to Florida.  It has been so stressful.  Last night my district named the 8 schools that would be closing.  We were so convinced we would be one but luckily our school will be okay.  Many of my friends will be changing schools because of the closings.  So many stressed families as we all put so much heart and soul into our schools.  With all the closings boundaries will be changing, so the schools will all change. 
I need to get a way from it all.  Hubby flies home Thursday from Florida and I fly out Friday night.
Take care all.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2009, 06:43:17 pm »

Sue, sorry to hear about the school problems.  Hopefully you can get refreshed by getting away and having a Good Time at the concert!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2009, 07:14:25 pm »

Sue I will be waiting for you to arrive that night so come on down...Well will try to get rid of

some of your stress.   Dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2009, 08:11:27 pm »

I am so sorry you are having so much stress. It is not fun at all and I hope things get better soon.  I hope you have a great time at the concert.     Take Care Sue.        nelle     

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2009, 08:42:22 pm »

My Friends I need some prayers. I woke up this morning & though it was 50 degrees & cold I perspired profusely for a long time- dried my hair twice & the back of my hair 4 times & lost a lot of fluid. My rings are very loose. Then tonight coughing & running low grade temp & pulse of 100-106. I don't seem to be able to shake this thing. I went today for labwork & will have a physical next Monday. Sure hope things straighten out & I feel better.

Sue- glad your school was saved but I know you feel for those others.

BHR- As soon as I get better again I will call you I promise. Prayers for your family.

All of you have a great time at the concerts.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2009, 08:46:40 pm »

Take care Harriet.  I will keep you in my prayers.  I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »

Harriett I hope you get well soon you will be missed on the board.  I sure hope you will be feeling
          better soon....We will miss you and will pray for you ...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:24 pm »

Harriet, you have my prayers.  Take care of yourself and since you are a nurse, you know how important getting medical help is.  Take it easy and try not to worry.  We love you!!

Sue, so sorry to hear of your school problems.  Hope getting away for a few days will cheer you up and get rid of some of the stress.  It makes me so mad that the states are cutting the one thing they shouldn't.  They should start cutting from the top of the ladder!!!

BHR, continued prayers for your family, hope they are safe.

I am so ready to get away too.  The job situation is horrible and not sure it will get any better.  They have allowed some of the clients to appeal their cuts in services but it is probably just going to buy us a little time.  Got all my homework, housework, paperwork for work, laundry, and shopping done so I'm ready to go.  Just have to throw the last minute things in the suitcase and I'm off to FL tomorrow.  Took kids bowling today, only had two, some are off school for their fall break and had things to do with family.

Livin' On Love in California
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2009, 05:10:20 am »

Hello friends, heart the terrible news of the sunami this morning. Another natural disaster.
It's time it stop!.

Terry, finally the economical situation must turn to better.
I'll take the first boat for your bathroom.

Harriet, i hope you get better soon. I will keep you in my prayers;

Sue, so sorry about the school problems.No better remede against stress like a Alan Jackson concert.

Elaine, have a good time with your sil.

Jerrie, Sue, Dizzy, Sharon, Sherry,Terry, everyone going to the concerts this week, have a GOOD TIME and don't forget the "family" photo !  Be careful on the roads to Alan

Nelle, Kath,  BHR, everybody reading  have a nice day

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2009, 08:11:42 am »

Prayers to all who need them -
Harriett - take care of yourself, BHR hope your recovery is speeding along- prayers to your family.   
Sue sorry to hear about the school closings - you would think they would take care of this stuff during the summer so
the kids don't have to get readjusted .
 Terry sorry to hear about your job not getting any better - We'll let our troubles and worries wash away with the tide next week .

Seems like we all are having stressful times lately - I too do need this little trip to see DMAN -  Time to get away from everyday life and relax and have fun with some AJ buddies. 

Safe travels to all going to see the man.

See some of you on SUNDAY - Ready for a GOOD TIME

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2009, 09:46:58 am »

Thank you JeanB for remembering me when wishing a nice day.
Harriet I feel so sorry you are sick and have been on and off for awhile.I will keep you in my prayers.
Terry and everyone going to see Alan have a great time.
BHR I am praying that you are feeling better and that your family stays safe.  Take Care Everyone      nelle
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:54:33 am by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:15 am »

Harriet,
I wish you had gone to the emergency room, Did they give you antibiotics , they would have started a drip there most likely & you would feel better quickly. This new flu , most do not always have high fevers..I forgot, you are a nurse. I'm only mother hen here..
Please take care and if you don't feel better insist on antibiotics at least.. You have been ill too long.. Hugs and prayers to you.

Sue so sorry for all your stress too, so many schools having problems. I know it has been disheartning for you, so sorry.
My teens have not had any problems here with their schools, but some other schools are. a shame..
Terry, I wish you good luck with your work. I feel so guilty wanting my husband to retire and others having problems keeping work.
It's a sad time for all over the world, disasters , war.. we must pray for all concerned. always remembering our Troops!
Take care everyone , we will have a GOOD TIME in St Augustine and forget our stress! for the moment at least..
nelle hi and have a nice day! sorry if I overlooked you.
Dizzy, Sue, Terry ,.Louann hope to see all of you there!
Take care and be careful,
Jerrie aka Artsy

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:13:58 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2009, 12:14:34 pm »

Harriet, sorry to hear you're not well again. Praying for you here. The phone call can wait. You take care of yourself first. That is more important.

Thank you all for your concerns about my health. I'm recovering nicely but did get some lecturing from my doctor for overdoing things a bit with our move. Apparently, the backache I had during the week of our move was not only due to the stress from the move we made. He told me that because my body is not completely recovered yet from the surgery I had and therefore still a little weak, I overly compensated via my back to be able to do everything that I've done in this move, if that makes any sense to you all. The result of which is the severe backache I had and weak and tired body too. I'm finally making good recovery from all these moving chores and doing as little as possible unpacking one day at a time. Meanwhile, the pathology test result of my ovarian cyst is normal. . .thank Heavens! Thank you all for your prayers.

And speaking of thank yous for prayers, let me make mention here quickly a message my son in Kuwait would like me to extend to you all. He's thanking all of you once again for all your prayers for his safety while he's in Kuwait and for his safe return back here in the US. He's been safe there and he's coming back here safe as well. He has recently learned that he is one of at least 80 personnel currently deployed in Kuwait whose deployment time there has been cut back. They will start returning back here to the US as early as this weekend and my son will be one of those to come back home first. So, on behalf of my son, thank you all so much again for all your prayers for him with much appreciation.

To all of you going to see Alan in concert this weekend. . . .ENJOY AND HAVE LOADS OF FUN!!!!!!!!! I'M ENVIOUS!!!!!!!

Take care all. HUGS!

BHR

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2009, 12:29:39 pm »

HI FROM THE DESERT, FRIENDS!  SUMMER IS TAKING A COUPLE OF SWIPES AT US STILL, BUT WE ARE PROMISED A REAL, HONEST TO GOODNESS NO FOOLIN' COOL DOWN IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!!  A FRIEND FROM FOUNTAIN HILLS...A COMMUNITY RIGHT NEAR HERE, CALLED TO TELL ME SHE WAS OUTSIDE AND FELT TWO RAINDROPS.  A DELUGE.  WE ALL GET A BIT CRANKY AND IMPATIENT ABOUT NOW FOR A BIT OF THAT FALL CHILL IN THE AIR, AND HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY, SOME REAL RAIN.  SOME OF THE WINTER VISITORS ARE APPEARING, MY UPSTAIRS NEIGBORS, FOR ONE.  NEXT MONTH WILL SEE MANY, MANY MORE...IF THE ECONOMY DOESN'T KEEP THEM AWAY. 

OH FELLOW BASEBALL LOVERS...DO LET ME BRAG A BIT ABOUT MY BELOVED TWINS!!  THEY ARE MAKING A REAL RUN AT THE TIGERS, AND ARE PLAYING THEIR EVER-LOVIN HEARTS OUT, I'M SO DARN PROUD OF THEM.  THIS IS A CRITICAL SERIES AGAINST DETROIT NOW, ITS A 4 GAME SERIES, AND AS OF TODAY, THEY HAVE EACH ONE ONE, AND THE TWINS ARE TWO GAMES BACK.  TIGERS PITCHER VERLANDER WAS OUTSTANDING LAST NIGHT...BUT WE STILL CAME BACK FROM 5-0, AND LOST BY ONLY ONE RUN, 6 TO 5.  WOULDN'T IT BE SOMETHING IF THEY ACTUALLY WON THE DIVISION??  I'M KEEPING THE FAITH!

HOPE YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR FLU SHOTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF YOU IN THE AGE GROUPS MOST AFFECTED.  FOR ONCE US OLD BUGGERS ARE NOT AMONG THEM, BUT MY DAUGHTER WENDY AND I WENT AND GOT THEM A FEW DAYS AGO.  WELL..HERE GOES THE "ROLLING" MESS AGAIN, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS???  I TYPE ALONG, AND ALL AT ONCE THE SCREEN KEEPS ROLLING DOWN AND I CAN'T SEE WHAT I'VE WRITTEN!!

BE WELL ALL OF YOU..

jean-az/allALANalways
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: