Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 02:24:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 117305 times)
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2009, 01:16:47 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS, ITS A LOVELY MILD MORNING IN THE AZ. DESERT TODAY...AND THE TEMP WON'T CLIMB TO 100, THEY TELL US...SO 97 IS VERY ACCEPTABLE!  AND...ITS DRY.  HARRIET, I FEEL SO BADLY FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE FLOODED OUT, THE PICTURES ARE TERRIBLE, AND THE CLEAN-UP AFTER A FLOOD IS JUST SO HEART-BREAKING.  THERE IS NOTHING FILTHIER TO TRY TO DEAL WITH.  SO VERY SAD, AND JUST A YEAR AGO THAT AREA WAS SUFFERING FROM DROUTH.

BHR...GOOD LUCK AND FORTUNE WITH YOUR MOVE, ISN'T THAT A TRIAL THO, DON'T KNOW WHICH IS WORSE, THE PACKING...OR THE UNPACKING!  I AM STILL SEARCHING FOR SOME OF MY THINGS!!!!

ELAINE, HOPE YOUR BONE DENSITY TEST IS FINE.  HAD ONE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, AND IT SHOWED SOME LOSS, SO I AM ON A GENERIC FOSOMAX, ONCE A WEEK, MORNING, DON'T LIE DOWN FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES.  NO PROBLEM, ONCE I'M UP, I STAY UP!  SO FAR NO ADVERSE AFFECTS OR ANYTHING.

MY TWINS ARE MAKING A RUN AT THE CENTRAL DIVISION LEADERS DETROIT TIGERS, TRAILED THEM ALL SEASON, ONCE BACK ALMOST 7 GAMES, HAVE CLOSED THE GAP TO TWO, BEAT THE WHITE SOX AGAIN LAST NIGHT.  THE STARTING PITCHER FOR THE TWINS IS A NEW YOUNG FELLOW, DIDN'T HAVE A GOOD OUTING AND WAS TAKEN OUT IN THE 3RD, I FELT SO SORRY FOR HIM, HE ACTUALLY CRIED WHEN HE GOT BACK TO THE DUGOUT, I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE THE MANAGER COME OVER AND SIT DOWN AND TALK TO HIM.  I COULD TELL HE WAS SO NERVOUS OUT ON THE MOUND, AND OUR ANNOUNCER COMMENTED, "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, YOUNG MAN".  BUT WE WENT ON TO WIN, WE ARE JUST PLAYING SUCH GOOD BASEBALL RIGHT NOW.  I LOVE THE GAME...AS I GUESS YOU KNOW, AND I LIKE THE WAY MY BOYS HANDLE THEMSELVES ON AND OFF THE FIELD.

WELL, THIS CRAZY THING IS ROLLING DOWN ON ME AGAIN, LOVE "CATCHING UP" WITH EACH AND ALL OF YOU, STAY WELL AND EITHER COOL OR WARM...BUT ABOVE ALL...DRY!!

jean-az/allALANalways
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2009, 02:09:39 pm »

Caz I hope your essay goes well.
Jean I have been on Didrocal for two
years and the Dr wanted to see if it is doing
its job.I go for my test on Oct 1.
It is going to be in the nineties today.Strange
weather for us.Normally it is only in the 70.
Kelsey got her learners license so now Teresa
will have to teach her.She can get her drivers after
six months. They don't get their permanent license
until they turn 18.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2009, 03:09:07 pm »

Hello Friends. The sun is out & it is not raining. Hooray! The 3 flooded expressways have opened. Some of the towns are still flooded. The counties around the nucleus of Atlanta are disasters areas but this does not include Newnan & Coweta Country- Good for BHR & Alan's family.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2009, 03:38:30 pm »

Thanks for the update Harriet.  Glad to hear that things are starting to look a little better.  All those affected by the flood are in my prayers.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2009, 05:55:13 pm »

Harriet, that's good news.  The pictures on the news look horrible.  Hope the sun stays out and you have no more rain for a while.  Good to know you're safe, as well as Alan's family in Newnan.  I'm sure BHR will be very happy to read Newnan is safe.

Caz, hope your essay goes well, I have numerous essays to do for my English class this semester, so far so good.  

Elaine, congrats to Kelsy on her learners permit.  I'm sure she will be an excellent driver, she seems really responsible.

Jean, Good to hear you're enjoying your cooler weather.  Will your snowbird neighbors be returning soon?

Today is my hubby's birthday.  His best friends birthday is this weekend and Brian said he was going to BBQ ribs for all our birthdays this weekend.

I had my infected tooth pulled today so hopefully all will be normal by the time I leave for FL next week.  I took kids bowling yesterday and they have square dancing tomorrow night.  Amanda fainted and split her head open on their butcher block island on Monday and had to have a few stitches.  She had blood drawn on Monday for the National institute of something to study her DNA to see why she is the way she is since there are only a handful of people in the world with her handicap condition.  The fall was hours after the blood being drawn and her Dad had given her a really good lunch to build her blood sugar back up and she was acting very normal just before she fainted.  

Hope everyone reading is doing well, have a great rest of the week.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:57:18 pm by AJSCALIFFAN » Logged

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2009, 07:30:07 pm »

Harriet, so glad to hear you are safe and that the flood waters are going down.  What a mess - the pictures are heartbreaking.  Glad Newnan was saved - BHR, good luck with your move.

Jean, glad your weather is cooling down.  We are having amazing weather again - a little rain, but mostly very nice.  Good luck to your Twins!  The Cubs are playing good - sure now that it doesn't matter!  I'm happy for Derrick Lee - he's playing very good!!

Terry, I'm sure you are happy to get rid of that tooth.  Sorry to hear about Amanda - hope she's doing better.

Did you see the sand storm in Sydney?  Hope all of our Australian friends are alright - missing them on the board.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43:00 am »

mornin' AJ Fans !!

Some of you do know me from the old K&W.  I'm currently recovering from Rotator Cuff surgery I had on 9/9...  So it's slow going typing with one hand. Not that I ever was a good typist.

Terry wrote: "Margie, good to see you pop in and saying hello."
Thanks Terry and I see the birthday celebrations are coming up this weekend.. Wink
I remember a birthday dinner when I had a cold and couldn't taste my food.
I kept putting salt and lemon on my Calamari until I realized ...I can't taste my food  !!..... lol
You feel cheated....lol

Hope all is O.K. with that tooth you had pulled.   

I'm sorry to hear about poor Amanda...Bless her heart.
What is her rare handicap ? You make me laugh with the Nat'l Institute of something  ....Huh
but I understand it's probably a long draw out name......lol

Jean wrote:
THE PICTURES ARE TERRIBLE, AND THE CLEAN-UP AFTER A FLOOD IS JUST SO HEART-BREAKING.  THERE IS NOTHING FILTHIER TO TRY TO DEAL WITH.  SO VERY SAD, AND JUST A YEAR AGO THAT AREA WAS SUFFERING FROM DROUTH.

You are so right !!   My mil was flooded 5 years ago when the Pgh. area received the remnants of hurricane Ivan on Sept 17th.     It was a nightmare to clean-up

HELLO to everyone here and
Have a Great AJ Day  !!

OMGMA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2009, 11:50:33 am »

Hi Everyone..
Margie hi, I thought you seemed familar, yes it was from K&W I remember you. I hope you recover well from that surgery.
Harriet, so glad it is not bad where you are. My neice said it rained so much that her roof had water come in from someplace & leaking ceilings. She has a two story beautiful home & now this. The rain was no storming, just like Flash flooding , constant.
Her son's school is shut down now & her daughter went to work by her hubby driving her in his big truck, she's a nurse. I hope her home is not ruined she just had the wood floors done and it's so beautiful. maybe it will stop soon & not do more damage. The most sad article I read  was the Mom who could not hold on to her child, current was so strong, they held on to one , however..lost one
It's muddy water & thick rushing. can't imagine the horror that mom must endure. prayers for all the people.

My sister said it is still raining there( MS) and since mom is a bit better ( as she ever will be) we are not going this weekend. it might be bad in AL too, she said.Thye have stayed home now for three days . Thy will try and go out another route there and see Mom. They are in no danger. Just about 3 ins of rain . some hwys are closed at times.
Terry glad you got the problem taken care of and can come to FL.. we have to go to Hollywood first..then St Augustine. My hairdresser I use is closed, what a time, my hair is a mess being in the hospital etc.. oh well, they will be looking at Alan Ha!
Terry sorry about Amanda.. you are so good for your work, you do so much for others. I hope you keep your work & no cut backs.

Sue, I hope you still get to come. my cable has been out for my internet, I hope Dizzy's isn't. I am on dial up now, good we kept it.
They said they would fix it in a day or so, it is all over town , different places. san marco etc.

Jean/az glad your weather is cooling, they said FL Temp should be lower at night soon, that is in St Augustine, so that is good.
My scan was ok last time but as one gets older, they may have to take meds.. I hope not for me. I know some who do.
Elaine that seems warm for you this time of year. this weather has changed all over and nowhere is the same. My teen is getting her training at her school, to cut cost on insurance. she really doesn't care for driving much. she said her university would have
things around and she would not need a car lol.. she studies all the time and is planning her future.  She loves her teachers. My daughter is manager at her business and she has so much responsibility! I wish she didn't have to work.
They think hubby's test for his kidneys is ok but a Dr is to tell him.. hope so. he goes to Dr a Lot being diabetic.. but eyes were ok too, so lots to be grateful for. Harriet, take care if it keeps raining there around.. be safe all of you traveling to FL.
Take care everyone, Jerrie aka Artsy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:14:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »

Hi Folks. Just to let you know BHR is in transit from Mississippi to Atlanta & the mover is on the move with their things. She is OK & will be busy moving in. The weather is still good & flood waters are receding in some of the neighborhoods but the houses are a mess. Those poor people that lost everything. Hubby & I are finally feeling normal again after our bouts with the flu. I finally recovered from being so active at the concert I attended. I sure don't have the stamina I used to have so will probably limit my concerts to mostly Alan & Toby.

Jeri- Thanks for your concern & glad to hear your Mom is a bit better.

Terry- Hope you are OK after having the tooth pulled.

Margie- Welcome back.

Kathy & AJTexasFan- Thanks for the well wishes. Also thanks to Caz & all the others who have voiced concerns about our health & the weather.

I am hearing from Kay but she cannot post now since she is not a member.

Jean-Az-Your team is really sneaking up on Detroit.Good for them. The Braves have won 10 of 12 but it's too little too late to make the playoffs.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:20:49 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2009, 12:43:52 pm »

For those who did not see Aquapalooza CMT is showing it Monday at 9:30 AM:

Mon 9.28
9:30 AM Aquapalooza on Lake Martin   Special
[TV-PG]   You're sure to have a "Good Time" when country superstar Alan Jackson makes a splash at Aquapalooza on Lake Martin. Watch as Jackson sings feel-good hits such as "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" and more in front of a lively audience of boating enthusiasts. Be sure to wash away those "Summertime Blues," "Pop a Top" and enjoy this concert special on Sept. 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.   

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2009, 02:02:30 pm »

Good Afternoon Y'all,
I've been without the computer for a couple of days.  I had a rogue something or other.  So the tech gave it a good cleaning.  Haven't checked my bookkeeping software!  You see where my priorities are.

Harriet, thanks for the heads up on Aquapaloosa.  I hope to catch it this time.  Glad to hear you and yours weren't directly affected by the floods.  My friend who is from Newnan said there was some flooding there, just not like Atlanta.  Her family lives outside of Newnan in the country.  Also, glad to hear your over the flu and also the concert.  Believe me, I know what you mean about your stamina, etc. 

Harriet, from what I heard today, the Braves may have a chance in the playoffs since CO lost.  Hope I understood correctly.

Terry, sorry to hear about Amanda's fall.  Also, hope you have recovered from your extraction.  Be careful with that.  Have you ever had a tooth pulled before?

Margie, what kind of recovery time for rotator cup surgery.  Is your arm in a sling?

No big plans for this weekend.  Y'all enjoy.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »

Terry happy birthday to Glen.Enjoy the
BBQ this weekend.Glad you got the tooth
out.Nothing worse then a tooth ache.
Kelsey drove over here last night.She is
so happy to beable to drive.They have
changed things.She has to have the learners
for a year then she can go for her license.She
can only have one person under age in her
car for two years .That's when she will get
ger permenent license.
Kathy glad your having a nice fall.We have had
it in the 80 and 90 all week.I am enjoying as it
will not last much longer.
Margie pray you have a speedy recovery from
your surgery.
Jeri glad your hubbies tests went well.
Harriet so happy you were not affected by
the flooding.Glad you and hubby are over
the flu.
Sharon glad your computer is ok now.
It is sunny and hot this afternoon.
Elaine

bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2009, 06:48:23 am »

mornin'

HariAJFan wrote:
"For those who did not see Aquapalooza CMT is showing it Monday at 9:30 AM:"

I SAW Aquapalooza but not on CMT. I was there...me and 34,999 drunk people  !!!
That may be a slight exaggeration but that's my joke anyway......LOL
That concert was not for everyone if you understand what I'm saying.
And certainly not for some of the little ones up there in the swarm of people.  It had to be scary for them with their little heads between floatation devices, etc !!

HariAJFan,
Where you on K&W ?  With a different user name ?

Elaine,
We've shared more than one Alan board... lol 
Your granddaughter is growing up fast and these new drivers do need restrictions as they learn to drive. 
So unfortunate is some that are just learning to drive think they can text at the same time !!  OMG 

Jean and Jeri,
I remember both of you from K&W.

Sharon wrote:
" Margie, what kind of recovery time for rotator cup surgery.  Is your arm in a sling?

Sharon,
They say 4-6 MONTHS recovery time. I'll be the 4 month girl though Wink
You'll see me in St. Augustine.. It's worse than a sling...they call it an Immobilizer.
It is NOT user friendly.   I have to wear it 24/7 except to shower and do my exercises.
The Dr. said I could travel to the moon if I wanted ...Just don't move my shoulder  !!!
So I'll just travel to AL and FL....LOL   

Everyone,
Have a Great AJ Weekend

OMGMA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2009, 01:29:34 pm »

Harriet,

we had to cancel our trip to MS.. rain is forcast for parts of AL , MS , TN GA... I hope you will be ok where you are and my neice too. we decided with all the rain it's not a good time to travel when  we can go another time soon. just too dangerous.
Harriet let me know about your weather there if and has it changed to more rain. Harriet at my age I realized just how quickly one can get really ill, and weak.. I hope your hubby & you feel stronger soon and back to good health.
So much to do now , I hope all of you are getting ready for FL. It should be good here then. prayers in case ha!
Margie sorry about your shoulder, I hope it does ok traveling for you.
Terry be careful traveling , louann, Sue and all of you traveling. no time to list all, sorry
Sunny here today Yea! Later friends, Jerrie aka Artsy
PS- I hope Bill and wife have no problems traveling to see AJ. TN was listed for rain and they were to go by Nashville.  This has been unusual rain.
Elaine my teen came over last night and she is enrolled in school to learn to drive. she gets points of her insurance that way too.
Loved seeing my daughter and family, they are so sweet. The sweet 16 was so happy w/her present from us. a trip to NY!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2009, 01:34:03 pm »

Hi Everybody. The rain has returned & it is raining hard. Here we go again:

Hope BHR got moved in before the rain hit.

bltn- I came on board at K & W in 2004 & my screen-name initially was Hari. When the board changed & we had to register again I changed it to HariAJFan. How long ago were you on K & W? I live in the Atlanta area & love to go to Alan concerts.

Terry- Hope you are OK. Have they put out those fires?

Margie- You have a long road ahead of you to heal. Glad you will be able to make the concert.

Elaine- I know Kelsey must feel proud that she can drive now. It's a rite of passgefor teenagers. I like your rules for the teenagers. We need those kind of rules here.

Sharon- Hope you can watch Aquapalooza- it is a real good concert.

The Braves are 3.5 games out from Colorado in the Wild Card. There is hope- we just have to keep playing well as we are right now & hope Colorado loses some games.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:28:43 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: