Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 02:07:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: April Showers Bring May Flowers  (Read 65672 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:12 pm »

Terry sorry you have to miss the concerts.
Take care of yourself this time.No accidents(LOL)
Dizzy I pray all goes well with your shoulder
when you see your DR.No we are not a dry area.
It is bad becasue of the strange winter with very
little snow.
BHR your brother wrote a wonderful tribute
to your niece.
AJtexas it has been raining since 9 last night.
Won't complain .It was much needed.
Jeri glad to see all your MS family were ok.
Went to bed at 9:45 last night.Our power
went out.When the power comes on the smoke
detector goes off.It went off at 1:30 this
morning.Couldn't get back to sleep.Need to go take
a nap.
Elaine

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

Terry, Sorry to hear you could not make it this week end .Hope to see you soon .Are you going to FF?
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010, 01:15:33 pm »

Terry, sorry you will be missing the concerts this weekend.  I'll miss your revues.  Hope those of you going will post on how they were. 

It has been cooler the last few days, down in the 40's at night.  Rain is called for this weekend, but temps in the 80's & 90's.

Not much news from here.  Those of you going to see Alan this weekend, have fun!   

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 01:46:26 pm »

Sharon we are still having rain after three days.
Jess is coming to stay with me this weekend.She
has soccer practise on Friday so hope it is nice
tomorrow.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 08:19:37 pm »

Terry, sorry you had to cancel your plans for this weekend.  We'll miss seeing you at the Chicago concert.   
I'm getting so excited - it's hard to concentrate at work.   It's been two years since my last Alan show - way too long!  And I'm bringing my friend who has never seen Alan in concert before.  Always like to get a newbie reaction.   LOL
I'll post a review as soon as I can after the concert - may not be until the morning after though.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2010, 09:48:04 am »

Well, another month is coming to a close and tomorrow a new one begins. Wishing all of you here a wonderful month of May. I thought I'll stop by to let you all know that I'm doing fine while still can't stop grieving for my niece. I miss her so much, especially on days like yesterday, my birthday [depressing enough for me that I have officially joined the seniors club; just kiddin' :-)]. You see, Geline has always sent us e-cards on these occasions, including the anniversaries, holidays, Valentine's, Easter, Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day, and she also text me birthday greetings on my cellphone. Yesterday morning I felt something amissed with it being my birthday. Then I realized what it was and once again I wept. Later that morning I received a surprise birthday package from my hubby. . .a pair of silver rose motif earrings inside a little red box with a card that said, "Happy Birthday. A Secret Lover." That made me laugh a little. He took us out to dinner at the Cracker Barrel when he got home from work. I saw that they still have a few items from the AJ Collections at 25% off inluding the music box that I've been wanting to buy but just couldn't afford to. I decided to buy it as a birthday present to myself. At least for a few hours moment I felt relaxed and happy. I'm slowly healing from grieving but on days like yesterday, I can't help but feel the sadness all over again. Thank you for allowing me to vent all these grieving pain on you all. It helps me a lot coping with it. Thank you very much for all your kind thoughts for me and my family. It's been greatly appreciated. And thank you too for the possitive comments on my brother's tribute to our niece.

Speaking of birthdays. . .Sharon, Happy Very Belated Birthday! Sorry that I'm late in wishing you. Hope you had a wonderful one.

Terry, I'm sorry too that you had to cancel your plans and will be missing the concerts this weekend. I'll miss your reviews too.

Harriet, glad to hear your shoulder is healing. Just take it easy a little bit longer.

Take care everyone. HUGS.

BHR

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:24 pm »

Kathy hope your friend will enjoy seeing Alan
in concert.It should be a fun night for you.
BHR Happy birthday.Glad you enjoyed going
out for dinner.Only time will ease the loss of
your niece.
It is cloudy again today.How I wish we would
get some sun.
Elaine

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »

Terry, I did Really notice that Alan was looking for the GOOD TIME signs last nite in Champaign.
He was having to get that rhythm the old fashioned way...with just the Strayhorns.

BHR, I am so saddened to learn of your niece's passing and you were truly blessed to
have had her in your life.  Maybe you will see little signs that let you know her spirit
is still around you.

Good for you to have some bday funds for that music box, too. (((Hugs)))   a belated
Happy Birthday to you from me.

I am going to post some things about last nite in Champaign on that thread. Wink
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

BHR, Happy Birthday.  Glad to hear you were able to have some happy times in the midst of your grieving.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2010, 06:43:10 pm »

Dizzy,

What did you do to your shoulder? I hope you are ok. What is it about falling, Geeze I'm not that old and I fell before The Holidays.Mine was an ear problem causing vertigo. I hope you will be fine and Harriet , you get better too.

Not looking forward to Mother's day this year.. My older Sister called me today crying already. she said "Jerrie , I feel like when we lost our son , like she was my child." I told her it was sad for me too but remember Mom is not suffereing now.
My sister is so strong, it seemed weird to hear her cry but I realized she has had tragedy in her life before..He was to be a Lutheran minister, just out of Seminary..Later she called me back and said I got out and trimmed bushes around the pool room, to get rid of my pity..I said "Ok Sis!" She said she had to go or her husband had the back door open and she was going to get him LOL, she was back to normal at least ha!
I thought of you BHR...as my sister cried.. it does lessen (the hurt) but it takes time..it comes & goes.She usually thinks of something funny her son said or Did or looks at funny cards he always sent at her later Birthdays about getting older LOL

Our World is not the same for our Children to grow up in, that is all the sadness we need now.

Think about and listen to Alan's music and all seems better in the world.
Elaine , it's hot now here in FL but we could use some rain. fire is always a danger here @this time of year..

I enjoyed Marilyn's review! She is funny! made me miss Alan even more..I hope he comes to Fl later in the year..

Hubby is still going for Tests, when will they ever end..I have to keep him cheered up, so we laugh a LOT!
Take care to all, Jerrie-FL-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:22 pm »

It was in the 80's today - what is wrong with this weather?  We are having rain tonight - I hope it gets through here before tomorrow.   But I don't care if it rains or anything, as long as I get to see Alan.  Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow will keep me from seeing Alan tomorrow night!!!

BHR, Happy Birthday - glad you were able to get the music box and what a nice gift from your hubby.   You need to go through the grieving process so don't feel bad about talking here about it all - it helps & we're here for you.

Jeri - I know it's hard for you too, especially this time of year with Mother's Day coming up.  It's so hard to lose your mother, you were lucky to have her for so long.  My mom's been gone for almost 30 yrs & I still miss her & think about her a lot. 

Anxious to read the reviews from tonight's AJ concert.  Love to hear everyone's excitement!  I'll try to get my review written as soon as I can depending on when I get home tomorrow night.     WOOHOO - Alan's coming to town!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:03 pm »

I have to complain about my allergies also ...
    I got up  this morning and could not hear in my left ear and breath same side nose
    Sinus I feel sure are having a big field day sure hope it goes away
    soon...I will be going to my dr if this don't  go away..I can hear but not
    as good as it should be.....I am trying something to see if it works
    today and it has some.. Sure hope this goea away the same way it came.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2010, 02:03:21 pm »

Dizzy, you might better go to your Dr, that can also be a sign of other things. I ended up in mayo for four days before
Christmas, over a severe ear infection that my MD had just said was only fluid..I had vertigo and had to learn to walk again.Thank God , my husband drove me to emergency Mayo.. get more than ONE opinon, is my thing now.
Get better soon to all who are having problems.. BHR, thinking of you & prayers! To all reading, I hope you are fine.

ONE GREAT NEWS ALERT! My Nephew Got back to the USA! from Afghanistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had been there ONE Year!It's My Sister's GS..They are going to see him soon, after time  with his family..She was on the Computer & he sent her an IM and said "hi Maw Maw I'm in the good ole USA!" she nearly fainted LOL...ran to tell her husband! ha!

we had no Email or phones when my husband was in war..so things are better that way..Still it's Hard..My husband was on Airplanes, so he was not on the front lines. like some, so Lots to be grateful for. Prayers For ALL Our Troops!

God Bless, Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: