Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 08:12:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: April Showers Bring May Flowers  (Read 65669 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:11:42 am »

Morning Y'all,
Happy April Fool's Day!
I'm still all stuffed up.  Jerry asked if I was gonna bowl tonight because I'm sniffling.  I hadn't even thought about staying home.  I just may, because I don't want to spread any germs.  I'll call my team mates later and see about that.
Wish I was having the family over for dinner Sunday.  My gd will be playing in a volleyball tournament in Atlanta this weekend.  They'll drive about 25 miles by the house on their way from NC.  I've hinted to my son, but you know the adage about son's.  Since my girls live in other states, I guess Jerry & I will just enjoy one another.
Won't be long before I see AJ & the Strayhorns in Greenville, SC. 
I'll write more later, just wanted to start the April thread.....

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:40:08 am »

Thanks for the start of the April thread.
Glad I am not working today,bigger chance for someone to "get" me.

No April Showers today in East TN.
Lil nippy but the sun is shining and they are saying 80 degrees!

Might have to shock the town with my white legs today and break out the shorts.

Off here now to start the day.
Happy Day To All.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:42 am »

Hoping that April will bring good news and new life for everyone.  With all of the bad that was happening in March, except for the new CD release, maybe this will be a new start for eveyone.  Let's try to have no accidents or bad things happen this month.  God's Blessing on everyone.  Leslie
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:21:28 pm »

Hi everyone and Happy Easter to all that celebrate it.    Leslie I agree with every word you said.  Please stay healthy and safe all of you.     Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 01:34:45 pm »

Thanks, Sharon, for starting the April Thread. Only 10 days til Alan plays Atlanta. Really looking forward to it. I love the new album, esp Til the End and Hard Hat & a Hammer. Hope all of you going to concerts have a great time.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:25:50 pm »

Happy April, everyone!  I don't know if we broke a record today or not, but it sure was warm.  It was 84 on my way home from work. 

Still waiting for my e-mail for my seat location at Rosemont - I know some have already got theirs, hoping mine can't be far behind.  I'm trying to be patient, Cindy!

Hope everyone has a great weekend listening to the new album.  Alan is hitting all the shows - besides Private Sessions next week,  I see on the home page that he will be on The Collection on GAC April 10 and there is Part I & II.  I would think they would need two parts for all the videos he's done.   This is so exciting!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:23:28 pm »

Thanks Sharon..You bowl? heck you are more active than me haha! most likely younger too!

My Baby was off today Yea! well he takes off when he wants LOL- he only works a few days per week--F-i-n-a-l-l-y,,

Today he came in out of the garage from his check up at Dr,and I decide to get something on him , now that he was home ha! So I ran quickly and put capsup all over a towel and stuck my hand in it ha! He came running like a mad man, and said
"what did you do to your hand now?" LOL you had to be here!! I took my hand out and said"April Fool", I was worried for a while he might have a heart attack LOL, my sister when I told her on the phone,said "How would you have explained that to the girls" LOL...He said "now how will I know when you are really sick" ha! I just had to do it. He has done some awful
sad things to me before..lol we have so much fun...

Everyone, I have to get busy and cook. My girls have plans for an early Sunrise Service on Sunday and are guests this year at their other Grand ma  ma's & will go to the Catholic Church w/them perhaps. Mom and Dad will rest,after working so hard and no time off.
Happy Easter to All who celebrate it!. we are going to Church and later just eat at home and be grateful. maybe drive somewhere..Dillard House is too far away for my honey now.. Love that layout of food.

wabbit you crack me up saying, "Might have to shock the town with my white legs today and break out the shorts."
with this warmer weather at times, sounds just like me..ha!
Enjoy Your Day Everyone!
God Bless, Jerrie -FL

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:36:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 06:14:06 pm »

Hi to all,

Lots of Alan  and that is a good thing!  More to follow too!  Chicago concert less than a month away~can you tell I am excited.
Well my world is about to get a lot busier.  New grandson should arrive this month.  Feeling very blessed.  Our house sold and now we are waiting on the inspection passing on Tuesday and the buyer finalizing finances.  We have to be out May 27th.  Then we'll be homeless!!!!  Our condo is rented until Aug. 1st.  So lots of hotels.  Mom has offered to take us in for a few days.  Seriously, we decided to travel south after school is out and return to Minnesota the end of July.  Five to six weeks on the road should be interesting.  We may be coming to a city near you...just kidding.  We'll pack up Jana's things and bring them down because I think Florida is where she wants to live.  Besides we are downsizing so things must go!  We have been waiting a while for our home to sell but honestly I do feel a tad sad.  So many great family memories.  But I can take them with me.
Afraid to show my legs too Jeri and Wabbit.
Hoping we all get meet and greets.  Have a wonderful Easter.  May everyone stay healthy and safe.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 11:31:41 pm »

Be sure to Look under NEWS at the top and send Alan  a big Congradulations for his STAR ! That is if you can't go and want to congratulate Alan.. I didn't read that the comments would be at the bottom & posted a lot of kidding, a lot like I did at my M & G.. ha! mine is a mess. so Don't put your name unless you just want the first name only.. it will show. Your Email address wont . Drop him a Congrats!   Terry wont have to... good girl.. Enjoy it there hon!

Wish we could go but not now under the circumstances.. otherwise we would take a vacation and go..
G'night Fans, it's late..here Enjoy  your weekend!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:40:08 pm »

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL .hAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GREAT WEATHER FOR IT.
ELAINE

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:29 am »

Thanks for starting the April thread Sharon.
A lot of April showers here! I speak from experience! yesterday it was the "Tour of Flanders" for " cycling amateurs". I got strong winds, rain showers and even hail-storms. I rided the 75 km (50 miles). It's one of the biggest cycling events in the world. I roded with Italians, Dutchs, Britains, Americans, Mexicans, Canadians,... Cycling lovers from everywhere. They come all just from that race on Saterday and Sunday. Today, Sunday, the professionals start at 10am for 260km (175 miles). Lance Armstrong is there too. Wonder if he finish this afternoon.
Watched the tennis in Miami. It wasn't Venus her best day! Piece of cake for Kim Clijsters.
alan's new album is another masterpiece. Love the cd.
Have a nice Easter everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:23 pm »

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

Thanks for starting the April thread, Sharon. I won't be answering everyone's post here at this time. I know I have not posted on the monthly thread for awhile. Thought I'd drop by for a visit. I have been having a case of seasonal allergy since last week and started the coughing this past weekend with a hoarse voice. Hubby and I bought new cellphones (Blackberry) and so I thought I'll test it and called our son in WA State. He answered me with, "Who is this?" obviously not recognizing my voice. Had to explain to him that my seasonal allergy had acted up again and I lost some of my voice. Gee, I hope I get over this when Alan does his concert here this coming Saturday. If not one thing it's another.

Thank you al for your prayers for my niece and my mother. I have just posted an update on the prayers thread I started when all these happened. We really appreaciate them, your caring and support.

Take care all.

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:48:35 am »

Good Morning Y'all,
Sorry to hear your allergies have been acting up BHR.  Mine are much better, but I had almost a week where I just laid low and took Benadryl.  It helped.

Would y'all believe I turned on the A/C for awhile yesterday.  It was 92 deg!  I love it!!!!! My dogwoods just popped out and my peonies are shooting up out of the ground.  Weatherman is saying 90's again today.

Easter was beautiful here.  Went to sunrise services at church, then Jerry, Jimmy (my son) and I met out daughter Angela and family in Gaffney while they were going back to NC from a volleyball tournament in Atlanta.  We met at the Cracker Barrel and I checked out the AJ stuff, but didn't buy anymore.  Did want the throw, but I'll wait until it's really on sale!  LOL!

Watched the NCAA Basketball last night, but was unable to stay up until the end.  Jerry did, he's sleepy this morning.  I'm sure the last 2 minutes were exciting.  Glad Duke won, Butler was a strong competitor for sure.  Heard this morning that Clemson's basketball coach is leaving.  Would love to get Butler's coach.

Didn't get to watch Tiger's press conference, but from the bits I heard, he sounds like he's getting his head on straight and this experience has been an eye opener for him.  Love to watch him play, he is one gifted golfer.  The BMW Celebrity tournament is playing in our area and a friend and I hope to make it to at least one of the days.  Great way to see some up close golf and celebs too, both sports and entertainment. 

For you baseball fans, enjoy! 

Got an email yesterday that I won a M&G with Josh Turner Sunday night!  He is such a sweetie and SC boy too!

Everything is green/yellow here from the pollen, rinsed off the cars.  I needed to wash 'em, but a rinse was better than nothing, right?  Of course, Jerry noticed I had missed a spot on his Mark VIII.  What am I gonna do with that man? LOL!

Terry and other Californians, glad to hear you made it okay from the earthquake.  I thought of you as soon as I heard it.  Are you still having aftershocks? 

Jean/B, are you finished with your remodeling yet?  Enjoy the cycling!

I've ran on enough, have a full day of bookkeeping and housework to do.  BTW, this type of weather inspires me.

Y'all have a great Tuesday. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 12:55:17 pm »

Happy April everyone ~ Thank you Sharon for starting the April thread.

Wabbit 101 ~ I don't think you be alone with the white legs in shorts. We have an in ground pool and my legs still tend to be on the white side. You'd think with being in the sun the legs would tan but mine break out in hives the first month. So I would rather wear a dress. From the waist up, I'll be nice n tan. But I guarantee you won't be alone. Give a thumbs up to all the white leg brave ladies out there.

HariAJfan ~ Only 4 more days till you see Alan. I love HOT Atlanta. My husband just got back from a job down there.

Katluvsaj ~ Hope to meet you at the Allstate Arena. Maybe we could do something to let others members know who we are. Glow stick??

Jeri ~ What a funny joke you played on your husband. Better be prepared for one of his jokes. IKES!
Our April Fools joke was played on my in-laws. My husband told them our house was going on the market in a few  weeks and we are planning on moving back to TN. Their comment was, "We'd love to move to TN. We have a few friends who moved there over the past few years. Ummm ~ the in-laws don't live with us either. Hmmm.We do plan on putting our house on the market in a month or so.

BHR ~ Allergies are the worse to ruin a beautiful day. I had to miss a wake and a funeral because my eyes are watering and I can't stop coughing long enough. Plus the voice is about shot. Time to renew my allergy medication.
Hope your feeling better.

Jean ~ Fantastic you rode your bike 50 miles. My knees would never be that kind to me! Keep yourself healthy!

Suem ~ Your going to the Allstate Arena in Rosemont too. I'm like the rest of you, waiting for Cindy to have a breather to let us know where we are sitting. Cindy sounds like she wears many hats in her job.
Congrats on the upcoming birth of your grandson. Hope mama has an easy delivery with the blessed baby. Grandchildren are such a blessing and fun to be around. I enjoy my eight grandchildren so much. But somedays they can be a pain ~ whoops time to go home ~ Fridays lately have been sleep over at Grandma and Papa.
Congrats also on selling your house. Did it take a long time? We plan on selling ours too, but I don't think it will sell too quick. I need to find out what it is you bury in your back yard and bury a few more than normal! lol

Alan ` care to buy a house West of Chicago??? And you can still drive your car into the pond ~ only our is much smaller ~ only 2 1/2 acre pond.

Happy April ~ Next comes May Flowers ~
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 01:35:43 pm »

Jean wow 50 miles is a long ride.How did you
do in the race?
BHR hope your allergies are starting to settle
down.
Sharon wish we were getting the hot weather.
It will be awhile before we haul out our shorts.
I watched Tigers news conference now I hope they
will let him get to playing.Knowing the tabloids
they are not going to be happy until every little
detail is out.I just want to see him play golf.
Sugar plum I am with you on the white legs.Just
when mine start to get a little tanned its fall(LOL)
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: