Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 03:07:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: April Showers Bring May Flowers  (Read 65668 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:27 pm »

I got my seat location for Rosemont!!  I must confess I got a little anxious and sent another e-mail to Cindy (I was worried she hadn't gotten my first one) and she was nice enough to send me the info - THANKS CINDY, you're the best.  Section 1, Row 3 at the Allstate Arena.   WOOHOO!   Sue & SugarPlum Fairy hope we can meet there.

Jean, congrats on the bike ride.  I don't think I could do 50 yards, it's been so long.  LOL

Harriet, only four more days for you to see Alan - can't wait for your review.

BHR, sorry you're allergies are acting up so bad.  I've had a few problems, but mine is mostly coughing & I get that rattling sound in my chest.  Usually doesn't bother my eyes. 

White legs, did someone say white legs?  I start using one of the creams that gradually looks like a tan in April - I use the lightest one possible.  It works - I never look like I have a dark tan, but my legs & arms aren't so white.  I guess I better dig that out and start using it.

Terri - glad you didn't have any damage from the earthquake.  Another one in Indonesia reported today.  What's going on with all these earthquakes?

My message is starting to roll, so I'm closing this one.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 01:37:03 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. All is well here. I discovered yet another stitch they did not take out so had to go yesterdy & get it removed. Am doing quite well & have done a lot of healing, now just the waiting another 3 or 4 mos to get the crowns & bridges over the implants. The weather in Atlanta is gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to Alan's concert- 4 more days. I wonder if he will be signing after the show. I have not gotten a Meert & Greet so guess I will have to wait for that.

Elaine- I thought Tiger handled the News Conference well.

Sharon- We have started using our AC also. I saw where Clemson's basketball coach was leaving for de Paul.

Kathy- You are right- I'm really going to enjoy this concert. Am enjoying the baseball too. It's finally back.

Sugar Pum Fairy- Glad you like our fair city.

Sue- Good luck with the downsizing. It's hard to do.

JeanB- don't know how you ride 50 miles- more power to you. Cograts to Kim on the Sony Ericsson win. Venus was unbeaten this year but looks like she ran into a buzz saw with Kim who beat her convincingly.

BHR-the pollen count is very high & sorry you are suffering with it. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:42:48 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 02:41:18 pm »

Kathy glad your got good seats for the
concert.
Harriet glad your weather is nice.I hope
it stays that way for your concert in a
few days.
It was nice yesterday afternoon and back to
being cloudy this morning.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 07:53:17 pm »

Have you seen the new trucks?  Look on the Home Page under 'Have You Seen Alan in Your City?'  Way cool!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:39 pm »

Kathy,
Neat, I had not noticed the trucks.. So sad to say, I have been in hospitals too much lately w/My husband and more
tests to come.. Love this "Freight Train " and would love to see them.. I have oddles of photos of the others.
I will miss Alan in FL this time, due to his illness..
That shirt Alan has on is beautiful..
Jeri-FL

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:01:04 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 09:24:37 pm »

Hi all,
Kathy, great seats....hoping to see you in Chicago.  My sister is coming with me.  Her daughter has a ticket to the George Strait, Reba, LeAnn Womack concert tomorrow night.  So jealous, wish they were coming to Minnesota.
Trying to decide if I want to go to the Monticello, IA fair concert.  Is there any way to tell if it's preferred seating?
Elaine, it's been cool here and a bit cloudy.
Packing something every day.   Cleared out the pantry tonight.
50 days until move out.  Will be hoteling, sponging off of mom and dad, and traveling.  Should be an adventure.
Jana called this morning and says her and a friend decided to get tickets for Alan's show at UCF,.....when I told her I wasn't able to come to Florida this time, she decided she didn't want to go.  But as the time nears, she changed her mind.  Too bad she waited so long as her tickets will not be good.  Oh well, live and learn.
BHR, thinking of you......prayers for your family
Nan, praying for you too.
Hari, thanks for all the Alan radio updates.  I used to check the stats regularly but now I rely on you.   With working, my free minutes are precious.
Looking forward to seeing Alan this weekend and next on the tv. 
Short week---three days of work.  Now the big push to get things done before the end of the school year.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 08:00:13 am »

Good Morning from the green/yellow smog area of South Carolina!  Rain is coming our way today, hopefully.

Reading about the concert starting tonight is getting me excited about Sunday night.  I'll just have to be patient and wait........Love the new trucks.

Sue, good luck with the moving and packing.  Are you going to stay in the same area?  You may have said and I forgot.  Didn't realize you were moving.  Don't you live on the water?  Sorry about the seats for your daughter for UCF.  Wish I was going.

Harriet, glad you found the stitch.  Enjoy the concert Saturday night.  Don't know who the new basketball coach will be at Clemson.  Purnell took the team to the tournament 4 years.  We have two brothers from Union on the team that are super players.  The Bookers.  Nice guys too. 

Y'all have a good Thurday!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:32 pm »

All going to see Alan tonight have a great
time .Looking forward to your reviews.
Sunny this morning but not very warm.About
11 we had 15 minutes of hail.
Elaine

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 12:14:09 pm »

I got so very sad news this morning.Ken Evie's son
phoned me to tell me she passed away last night.
I had got a e-mail in the afternoon and she said
she was feeling very tired.Ken is going to phone me
in a couple of days so will let you know what I hear.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 05:47:05 pm »

OMG. Elaine, thank you for letting us all know about this. So sad. She is going to be sorely missed. My condolences, thoughts and prayers to Evie's family.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:23:13 pm »

Elaine,
I know you were not speaking to me but oh my word, Evie died... we used to write on the other board. I was amazed all
she had been through.. so sad to learn this , my condolences to those who loved her..so sorry.

Sue, I do not envy your moving but you will enjoy a place where you can relax more. we live in the same house our children grew up in and have to hire so much work done to get ready for retirement. Hubby wont move into a  condo
as we are near Drs and everything we need here.I was in Mayo in Jax and he was at a cancer center here,so it is
near our daughter too. we just have to get rid of clothes , things we do not need. can't take it with us.
I gave my daughter two boxes of good clothes to give away somewhere to someone who can use them, some not worn.

Jean/B, keep riding and enjoy, one stays in shape for sure and you enjoy it.I walked with my children once a while back about 5 miles , our car ran out of gas & we walked to our then townhouse and when we got there, I went to bed and could hardly walk the next day LOL. naturally I am older , about in my forties then. ha. I though I was in great shape too.

Allergy,did anyone say allergy! mine has been the worst ever..yellow junk all over hubby's old car he keeps for memories.
Thank God we have a two car garage, for our car. So much outside work to have done but hubby hasn't been up to getting anyone to do it yet. I told him I was calling a tree guy to take down all the trees near the house..
Florida is the worst place for allergy and my asthma, but I have it anywhere, so might as well make the best of it..

Elaine you take care and so sorry about Evie..I still miss my mother too. Just still seems like we should be going to see her.
My Dad died in April and I miss him every April..he was my hero..
All of you Fans who got to go see Alan in Florida, I'm so happy for you. My hubby was not well enough to drive anywhere, maybe this winter later, he will.
 Our son is flying in a few weeks here to see his Dad, he loves his Dad so much. only staying a few days but it will be nice to see him. He lives near Franklin, TN..teases me about being an Alan Fan ha!

Take care everyone and Harriet let us know how you made it at the Concert ok..I can not keep up w/Terry and the younger Girls ha! It's getting hot here now and I can't even get in the sun, might get wrinkles more ha.
Be good all you AJ Fans, Jerrie

Jean/az I hope you are fine too.Tiger didn't win in the Masters but Micholson did.I wish him well and hope the press leaves him alone.. They are out of control now. Oh sorry, I remembered you are into baseball, excuse me..
Kathy enjoy your concert & Sue also coming up!

suem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 11:03:26 pm »

Hi all AJ fans,
Elaine, I was saddened to read the news about Evie.  I know she hadn't been on the board for some time but she was always so nice and kind.
Talked again to Jana and she said the UCF concert just wasn't the same without Mom....wasn't that sweet!  She had a great time but missed me!
Harriet, I'm waiting to hear about the Atlanta concert from you.
I'm so tired of packing.  Such a tedious job and I have to be so careful....packing china today.  Doesn't look like I've even made a dent in what needs to be done.  Boxes everywhere.
Jeri, take care of hubby and your asthma.  Allergies are a challenge for me too.
Take care all.......

LovinThemHoleyJeans

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:45:53 pm »

Elaine~  Thanks for letting us know about Evie.  She was such a sweetheart, and always so kind to all.  I am sadden to hear this news but glad she is no longer suffering.  The last few years had been a struggle for her.  I know you two were very good friends.  Hugs to you.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 06:46:34 am »

Sue,
Don't get too stressed packing etc.. That was so sweet, your daughter saying that to you,"That she missed you & it wasn't the same without you." Sounds like you have a loving daughter. mine is the same way here, she hugs and kisses me
everytime she visits and ole Dad too. I can't see my GB's as often with hubby not well, miss them.

I though Harrit would be writing on here also about the Atlanta Concert. Where is she? She got dehydrated before at a concert, I hope not this time.She may be resting up.

My son will be coming soon to see his Dad. I have to get busy and clean house after the weekend.I wont hire a maid ha!
So happy that Everyone is enjoying the Concerts. Terry has the CA trip coming soon too, Alan getting his Star Yea!
Wish I could go see that ..I'm sure they will post about it on here.
Take care everyone, Jeri

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:13 am »

Good Morning, Everyone!

My family and I were at the Alpharetta concert Saturday night and sat right next to Harriet and her husband. We all enjoyed the concert very much. I'll post a review a little later but for now I just want you all to know that Harriet may not be able to post here right away. I hope she won't mind me telling you all this, but, she emailed me last night and let me know that on their way back to their car after the concert she had a fall and re-injured the same shoulder she have tendinitis on. She have limited range of movement of her arm and seeing her orthopedist to get it checked and possibly x-rayed. I'll let her explain to you all what happened. Please say a little prayer for her.

I also had a little dilema of my own before and after the concert. I took my seasonal allergy med before we left for the concert and was fine until we got to the venue. The long uphill walk from the parking lot to the venue caused me shortness of breath and very uncomfortable pressure in my lower back. We had to stop for a bit once we got inside the venue before continuing on to our seats. After the concert I can hardly talk from doing too much singing along and conversing ( hubby temporarily lost some hearing and blamed it on having sat too close to the stage and near a huge speaker set on the ground and up against the stage). Soon as we stepped outside I started coughing again. We stayed at a hotel overnight and when I woke up the next morning I had a little chest congestion and having trouble breathing like I'm having an asthma attack (I'm asthmatic). I used my albuterol inhaler and my breathing went back to normal. My throat was also very sore, so when we had breakfast at a restaurant I ordered decaf hot tea with slices of lemon. I sucked the lemon while drinking the tea and it helped sooth my sore throat. I'm doing better now but still a little hoarse and still having a touch of the allergy.

Take care all, and Elaine, so sorry to hear again about Evie's passing.

BHR
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:14:55 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: