Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 08:37:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Hollywood Star  (Read 65406 times)
AJFCPrez
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:51 pm »

April 16th Date Set for Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony

Last June, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce honored country music superstar Alan Jackson as one of their 2010 Walk of Fame Recipients.  On April 16, 2010, at 11:30 am,  at a location to be announced soon, Alan will be immortalized into entertainment history receiving his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.   Even more notable is that Alan will have the distinctive honor of being selected during the year that celebrates the Walk of Fame’s 50th Anniversary.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:53:52 pm »

Thanks, Ciindy. This is wonderful & well- deserved.

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:52 pm »

hope to see the ceremony posted here or on the news.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:07:36 am »

Cindy, do fans just show up or do fans have to be invited?  Thanks!!

Livin' On Love in California
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »

Thanks Cindy.    Terry ,I might have to fly out there andgo with you .I think it would be so exciting.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »

I got an email from the Hollywood Star organization in reply to my question, it's open to the public, no invites or invitation required.  Come on out Betty, I'm sure we can get into some sort of trouble in Hollywood...LOL

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:15:39 pm »

Thank you Cindy.   I am so happy for him . He deserves it and so much more.    Take Care nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:29 am »

Terry, hope you are able to go and enjoy.  We expect a great review afterwards.  Leslie
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 10:42:04 am »

OMG!!  I want to go and see!!!!  How far is that place from the airport?Huh?  ALready going to the ACM's so can't afford an overnight for this but if I can get from the airport to there and back after maybe I can swing it.......................
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 01:49:02 pm »

Since it was just announced that two tickets will be given away to a fan club member to attend the David Letterman Show on March 30 when Alan makes an appearance, I hope that the same thing happens when Alan is scheduled to appear on the Jay Leno Show on April 14.  I would fly down to LA, but I won't fly to NY due to the cost.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 01:54:22 pm »

Nan, the only issue with getting to and from LAX on that day would be traffic since it's a Friday.  Not sure how far it is, but you'd have to give yourself a few hours each way just for traffic and LAX is a nightmare.  You might check into flying in and out of Burbank.  I'm planning on going down the night before only because of the traffic, parking, etc.  If I get a room, you are more than welcome to share it with me.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »

Terry, so glad you will be going, that is great! Be sure to come back & tell us all about it.. You are so super nice to tell people how to get there etc.. and even share a room. You are one in a million girl! Take care and enjoy your trip.

I think I remember that Brooks & Dunn got one also, but not sure when. I think they had planed  performers there and others..not sure,,,
Enjoy this Big Day for Alan and I can't wait to see it!

I am so Happy for Alan to Get this Star! He is a Star!

Take care, Jerrie

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:42:49 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »

Terri, How far is Burbank from Hollywood? I would love to come out there.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:34:59 am »

Betty, Burbank is a little closer to Hollywood than LAX but even if it wasn't it would be much easier to get in and out of than LAX, especially on a Friday.  I'm waiting to see exactly where Alan's star will be before checking on hotels.  The Walk of Fame is a few miles long and I'd like to get a hotel as close to where his star will be as I can.  I really HATE going to LA and Hollywood, but certainly will for Alan!!!  Hope you can make it too, we can all share a room and have a party!!!

BTW Nan, Hollywood is about a 4 hour drive to Vegas.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:38:05 am by AJSCALIFFAN » Logged

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:20:14 am »

Terry, when Rhonda and I go to LA, we rent a car at Onterio, CA airport, would that be farther?  I don't pay any attention to the miles because most of the time she is driving.  As you know I love going to Hollywood and LA.  Also, love going to Vegas.  When I tell people I've been to CA more times then FL, since I live much closer to FL they think I'm nuts.
But again that's one of my favorite places to go. If I lived as close as you do I would be going to all the game shows trying to win something.
Wish I could meet you gals there but can't take another vacation this soon. All of you have fun!!!!

"Gone Country"  From KY
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: