Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 05:57:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Hollywood Star  (Read 65270 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »

Terry, when Rhonda and I go to LA, we rent a car at Onterio, CA airport, would that be farther?  I don't pay any attention to the miles because most of the time she is driving.  As you know I love going to Hollywood and LA.  Also, love going to Vegas.  When I tell people I've been to CA more times then FL, since I live much closer to FL they think I'm nuts.
But again that's one of my favorite places to go. If I lived as close as you do I would be going to all the game shows trying to win something.
Wish I could meet you gals there but can't take another vacation this soon. All of you have fun!!!!

A couple of years ago, I went down to Ontario/Fontana to attend a Jeff Gordon Network Event and made the mistake of flying into LAX rather than Ontario Airport.  The traffic was absolutely horrendous --- it took three hours each way.  Initially, I thought that the traffic was due to the Friday afternoon commute.  But the same thing happened on Monday morning going from Ontario to LAX.  Traffic moves VERY slowly for almost the entire distance.
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »

Hmmm, that's alot to think about!  Must ponder!  Don't think hubby woiuld be for it but we will see.  Terry I wish I still had family in Vegas but I don't :-(
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »

Dot, although Ontario airport is the best airport in the area, it's not a good drive to Hollywood, traffic will be horrible on Friday morning, that's why I'll most likely go down there on Thursday afternoon.  Coming back shouldn't be too bad if we get out of there by 1 or so.  Anytime after 3 it will most likely be gridlock all the way past Ontario and up the pass on a Friday afternoon.

Livin' On Love in California
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:40 pm »

Ok girls keep me posted on the plans!  Betty if you are flying in to Burbank or Ontario let meknow and I will see if I can get flights that land at the same time so we could somehow find Terry together!  The flights from Dallas to Ontario and back are wide open the day before the star thing and the afternoon of the event also.  Of course I haven't mentioned all this to hubby yet :-)  Just wishful thinking at this stage but heck, I fly free so why not?
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 06:11:11 am »

Happy for those of you going to LA for Alan's Star!  I know you will have a wonderful time!  Have fun, fun, fun!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 07:21:48 am »

Wish we could all go with you.  It sounds like a great time.  We will want a full report afterwards though.  Leslie
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 11:01:08 am »

Wow, this is still so unbelieveable for Aj!!

I never thought I'd live to see this kind of honor in Hollywood, CA!!
Wow, weeEEEE!! It seems I stay gone f/ever and miss out too much!!

Can't wait to see & hear all the fun stuff of your "star" treatment!!

L/~

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 07:59:11 pm »

So excited for all who are going!!  Let him know you're there - you're representing all of us here who can't make it!

We want a full report - this is so exciting and so deserved!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 08:32:15 pm »

Wish I could attend!  But looking forward to the fans full disclosure of the special event!
This has to be very exciting for him and his family.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »

Terry and all who are going to the ceremonies.. Lucky girls! If my husband was not ill, we would be there in a New York Minute!
You were asking about info Terry, did you note this about Alan will be near...

"Alan's star will be at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, just steps from the famous Graumann's Chinese Theater, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and the Kodak Theater, the site for the Academy Awards.  John Travolta, The Doors, Judy Holliday and Billy Graham's stars are all close by.

"There is tons of parking at the Hollywood & Highland structure which you can enter from Highland Avenue, just north of Hollywood Boulevard."
 Looks like he will be among the Stars not just Country Singers... He deserves this as he writes a huge amount of his work/
Enjoy every moment of it! As a Fan I'm so proud for Alan, just imagine how thrilled his family & loved ones are..
God Bless him, He deserves this honor! Alan has come a LONG way! but what's so charming , he is so humble in person..
Congrats to Alan & Family!!---Jerrie-MS-FL
Oh I would love to be there!!!
Terry make photos  to show us Fans who can't be there..if possible..

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:12:57 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »

Terry ,Should we fly to LA ?or to burbank. What about Vegas and then driving.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 01:03:08 am »

Betty, the Burbank airport is just a few miles North of where Alan's ceremony will be.  If you fly into Vegas, you're looking at at least a 4 or 5 hour drive.  I only live 100 miles from Hollywood but it takes almost 2 hours without Friday traffic to get to where it will be.  Since I'm going to the Tonight show the on Weds, and hope to get a ticket to the Ellen show on Thursday, I'm going down on Weds. morning.  Ontario is a lot closer than Vegas, but then you'd still have all the Friday traffic going into LA unless you fly in the day before, which I think you would have to do since the ceremony is at 11:30 am on Friday.

Livin' On Love in California
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 07:41:59 am »

You lucky Terry.  Please give reports of everything.  We are all jealous and wish we could be with you.  Leslie
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 05:10:52 pm »

Glad to read some of Alan's greatest fans from the forum will be at Alan receiving his STAR on Hollywood.

Betty ~ Wish I could be in your shoes!! You are going to have sooo much fun!!
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »

Perchance could a person get from the Burbank airport to the star location in less than an hour?Huh?  via cab?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: