Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 12:51:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Hollywood Star  (Read 65273 times)
suem

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 01:40:54 pm »

Should be receiving his star now!!!!!  Looking forward to the pictures.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

The "star" ceremony was GREAT.  I was right up front, just to the right and behind Denise and the girls, and Cindy.  Abby came over and talked to us for a while.  Monty waved and said "Hey Terry".  The crowd around me thought that was cool.  I think I got some good pictures but it was difficult with all the television, radio, and other media everywhere.  The mayor of Hollywood did a little speech, then the radio personality (can't  remember his name right now) read some tributes to Alan from some of his friends, such as, George Jones, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, and Carrie Underwood.  Alan looked a little nervous about the whole thing.  Alan spoke about 5 minutes saying how grateful he was to be able to do what he does and how much he appreciates his fans and family support.  Then came the "unveiling" of the star and tons of pictures and posing.  Alan had to get back down on his knees for a few pictures and got up teasing that he was too old to be down on his knees that long.  He posed for pictures with Denise and the girls, one with the band, and one with Cindy, Abby, and another girl (I think her name is Nichole) from the fan club.  Abby was in charge of taking pictures and said she will get them posted on the site as soon as she can.  I'm sure her pictures will be much better than mine as she was on the "right" side of the barriers... LOL  Alan was the first one to "step" on his star, that was cute.  Alan signed a few autographs and accepted a bunch of flowers on his way to the limo.

I will probably remember more in a little while, but I'm a little brain dead right now, just got home after a 4 plus hour drive home.  (It should have only taken me just under 2 hours)  Horrible traffic coming home, but I figured it would be since it's Friday, but hoped to be a little ahead of it.  Sure wish all of you could have been there, it was such an honor to be able to witness Alan getting his star.

Livin' On Love in California
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »

Thanks for the report Terry.  You always describe everything so well I can just picture all that is happening!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 08:15:38 pm »

Terry, what a wonderful report! Sorry you had a tough ride home but I bet you will remember this day for a long time! Thanks so much for going and reporting back to us. We were all waiting. 

I can't wait to see the pictures!

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 08:30:57 pm »

Cool pictures and video online.
http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/alan-jackson-gets-star-on-hollywood-blvd/0JzQAN1x4HJwneY4w3NnIQ

Collection of pictures---what Terry mentioned:
http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?cgl=427063&evntI=0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:33:59 pm by suem » Logged

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 09:49:52 pm »

Another thing I remembered.  Just before Alan was introduced, the mayor said, "Not since The Beverly Hillbillies has a guy from a small southern town been so popular here in Hollywood."  Alan laughed at that one. 

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »

Terry, thanks so much for the awesome report!  Glad you were so close to witness this great occasion for Alan.  You do always help us feel a little like we were there with you.   Sorry about the long drive home, but I'm sure the memories of this celebration with stay with you always.   I can relate about the comment on being down on his knees for a long period of time.   LOL
Sue, thanks for the links to the video & pictures.  What a great day for Alan & his family.   And his band - a big, big part of his success!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 12:46:28 am »

((((Terry))) ~ Thank you so much for sharing Alan's day with receiving his STAR. And how lucky to be that close by Alan and his family.

Sue ~ Thank you for the links when Alan gave his Thank You speech. The pictures are awesome too.

A lot of us couldn't be there but Terry mad us feel like we almost were there.

THANK YOU!!
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 07:27:17 am »

Terry, thank you so much for the fantastic review.  You will remember that forever!
Sue, thanks for the links.  Alan and his family must be so proud.  He looked SO handsome.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2010, 07:46:36 pm »

Terry,Thanks so much for the review .Wish i could have been there.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »

Terry,

Thanks so much for the Great review! I would have loved to been there too & would have if we didn't have illness in the family. I am so proud You were there to represent the Fans of Alan's!! So glad you got to sit near Denise & family , also Cindy! What a treat to be there and be near the family, I am so happy for you.I would love to meet Denise someday, she sounds so super nice and her Faith amazes me. Everyone looked so beautiful. Alan looked so handsome too! The band too!

Alan amazes me, thinking he doesn't feel he deserves to be among the famous actors etc there. He has Indeed  left his mark in the World in Country Music / Songwriting and in the Hearts of Fans all over the World. I am so proud of him!

LOVE YOU ALAN AND THE STRAYHORNS!!!! CONGRATS!

Cindy great to see you with the Family on TV, since I haven't met you yet! Great that Abby was there also. Congrats to all  those there! You lucky Girls!

Terry, so sorry it took you so long on the trip back but I'm sure you were still Remembering and it was worth the trip!
Thanks for sharing your seeing Alan and the others and especially Alan getting his Star on the "Walk of Fame". Alan is
Special to people all over the world and in our hearts. His music will linger with us forever..

Bless you Terry, and stay safe,
Jerrie-MS & FL
PS.. God Bless you Terry! Thanks for sharing all of this w/ Alan's Fans! It's so Great!!!!!

I finally found your photo on here Terry and also the ones of the band and many more. The Band looked Great, you know that Mark McClurg doesn't have to be tall , he is one handsome man ha! All the guys looked Great! Love "Roger"
also Monty.. can't remember the Guitar player on the Left name but he is a great guitarist and so nice to see him w/Alan.
Alan and all the guys looked Great and his Family WOW! Alan's Girls & wife they looked all Hollywood!Great!  Alan may be from a small Town, but Newnan is not the Beverly Hillbilly's LOL That was funny saying that though. Alan got a kick out of that Terry.. ha! Terry so glad I finally found your big photo, I looked and looked..some nice Fans there too w/Signs.. Alan has so many more than  that, but Hollywood is a long way from FL.. hubby was ill or we would have driven on vacation there.. Thanks for All the great Photos!!! Thanks Jerrie-FL& MS
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:59:49 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 08:08:47 pm »

Thanks, Terry, for the report. Glad you could be there.

Thanks, Sue, for the links. The pics are great.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 06:54:06 am »

Terry, thanks for sharing Alan's Hollywood Star.  Saw your picture on the fan club pictures that Abby posted.  So happy for you that you were able to attend.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:50 am »

Great job, Terry.  I'm sure you will remember that day for years to come.  You did a great job reporting back to those of us unable to attend.  Glad you got to be so close.  It was a special day for the Jackson family and the Strayhorns, which are part of that family, and a special day for all of his fans too.  Leslie
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 03:58:16 pm »

Terry, good review about A. J.'s star, glad you got to go. Sorry I haven't been on sooner to congrat you on getting to see the ceremony. Last night was the first time I've been on lately.
Wish I could have joined you but since I went to CA in Feb, couldn't make it again.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: