Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 01:13:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Eskilstuna, Sweden concert 14th of August 2009  (Read 49407 times)
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:42:25 pm »

The journey to the Alan Jackson concert in Eskilstuna, Sweden.

First an introduction of me and my wife.

Me, Pontus Billstrom and my wife Sabrina Drugge decided last year at our holiday trip to the northern parts of Sweden to get married in Country & Western style, including clothing for all guests. For me this was very important as I have been a BIG fan of Alan Jackson since the beginning of the 90ths. I have all his CD: s and DVD:s, member of his fan club. The only CD: s I really listens too is Alan Jackson and Elvis, my kids do not like Elvis but my daughters are also big fans of Alan. They have talked about him and played “where were you” in school on their “special work“ where they present their favorite thing in life.

My wife I meet some years back and I have got here also into being a big Alan Jackson fan. We were in Nashville 2 years ago and she was a real cowgirl walking the streets of Nashville. We have been driving through 31 US states together listening to Alan Jackson, only… I have been in 10 more states driving and listening to Alan Jackson. Okay, some radio but a country channel. I miss Alan’s music after a while and hit the CD button on the cars radio. They do not have a 100% Alan Jackson radio channel in USA that you can listens to coast to coast?

The wedding date where set to 1st of August 2009. We looked at several churches before we decided to get married in a small chapel outside Borlange, Sweden where we live.  The wooden Amsbergs chapel where build in 1683 and the polyptych are from 1490. Churched booked and wedding party place, just to go...

We got engaged in Gambia, Africa the 9th of December 2008 on our holiday trip. In the sunset at the beach, very romantic.

When we came back to Sweden some days before Christmas 2008 we told our parents, no one else, about our wedding plans. We only told the rest of family and friends  we had got engaged.

On Valentine’s Day we send out the wedding invitations to our Swedish guests. Our US friends got them later. We got a lot of calls about the clothing. Here in Sweden people do not have that kind of clothes. They did not ask why country & western theme, they know… Alan Jackson, they have seen and heard him at our place all the time.

As big fans of Alan Jackson and the wedding being country & western style was the next step not too far away. See him live in the USA. We have been there several times but it have not been good timing. If we have been on the east coast Alan has been on the west coast and vice versa. Or he had a break at that time we were there. This time we booked the concert first, St. Augustine, FL the 4th of October 2009. We were very happy when they charged our credit card, then we knowed we got the tickets through the preferred seating system.

The same day we booked our flight to Chicago and back from Miami.

One week later or was it just a few days? We got a call and email from a friend of ours. Alan Jackson will come to Sweden she told us!!! I did not believe it, Alan here, no. For me to see Alan Jackson in Sweden would be as unlikely as Elvis would have played in Sweden in his days. Elvis played ones outside the US and that was in Canada.
I checked on the internet with the ticket seller and there it was. He WILL come here. I bought tickets and got 2nd row. Could not believe it anyway. I was in shock. I also bought tickets for my kids. It took me 2-3 days to get down to earth again. It took 3-4 days more before it came up here on Alans site.

Suddenly we will see Alan two times during 1½ month, get married before that and everything in country & western style. As you know it is a lot of planning before a wedding and we have taken care of that our self. I had bought wedding clothes from Scully and I did not see until a few days before I got the package that the shirt where the same (different colors) as Alan has on the cover of “Good Time”. Did not think about that, just liked the shirt on Scullys web site.

At the wedding we also had invited the news papers and they made a great report in our local paper. Country & Western wedding is not usually here in Sweden and with all guest also in western clothes it was a show…

Now we are here and my Cadillac Coupe Deville 1956 is packed, everyone else is sleeping and I am looking forward to this so I almost get a bad stomach. Tomorrow we will drive down to Eskilstuna (3 hours) and the camping ground nearby Sundbyholm horse race track where it all will happen on Friday 9.00 PM local time (3.00 PM EST). I hope to be able to write a report here at 6.00-7.00 PM EST.

See also my web page for some pictures of our wedding. www.billstrom.nu

Pontus Billstrom

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 08:36:10 pm »

Pontus, congratulations on your wedding and getting to see Alan 2x.  I am looking forward to reading your reviews. 
And I wish we had an all AJ radio station here in the USA, that would be wonderful. 

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:06:06 pm »

Congratulation on your wedding (great pictures, thanks for sharing them).  Hope you have a fantastic time at the concert in Sweden, looking forward to the review.  Sure hope to meet you in St. Augustine.  BTW, I'm Terry from California.

Livin' On Love in California
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »

Congratulations on your wedding - thanks for sharing your story.  Can't wait to hear your reviews from the concerts you will be attending!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:19 am »

Bill, Thank you so much for sharing your wedding pictures.  Your wife's dress reminds me of the one Carrie Underwood wore at the awards!  Beautiful pictures.  Have a wonderful time at the concert and tell us all about it.  I hope to meet you in St. Augustine in October.  I'm Sharon from SC.  BTW, my husband and son love classic cars.  My son just bought a '65 mustang, pristine condition and has a '49 ford pickup in great condition!  Hubby use to collect, now just has old trucks he has for sale that are in dire need of fixing up! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 01:50:31 pm »

We have now set up our tent at the camping ground. We see the top of the scen where Alan will perform tomorrow. 1/4 mile away. The only bad thing is the rain...

Weather forecast for tomorrow is a little rain during the day but nice weather by evening. We hope it will be so.

Now we shall go to the party by the lake.

Pontus and Sabrina

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 03:02:21 pm »

Congratulations on your wedding Pontus & Sabrina.
Thanks for sharing your pictures. Great!
Enjoy the concerts. I'm sure you do!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 03:04:20 am »

We woke up this morning with blue sky and not a cloud. Breakfast and a shower. Now we talk to people here on the camping ground and enjoy life waiting for Alan tonight.

A little information about Sweden and Sundbyholm outside the little town Eskilstuna with 60 000 people in the whole county.

Sweden is a little bigger than California and we have 9 miljon people. This place, Sundbyholm, is a little place with 300 people and an old castle from the middle ages. They have a horse race track here and that’s it. Way up in the bones as you say in the USA.

We have people here at the camping ground from many countries in Europe. Alan Jackson in Sweden is as I wrote before VERY unlikely.

Alan Jackson music in every tent and RV, why cant life be like this all the time???

Pontus and Sabrina

Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:51:09 am »

Happy wedding day to y'all~~

Thank you so much f/coming here and sharing details there in Sweden.
I am anxiously waiting on your review this evening. I hope ALAN JACKSON
is everything and MORE than you hoped f/.

Kindly,

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:54:38 am »

Wow, thanks for sharing the good times with us, I love the pictures and that car is
beautiful. Are those your dogs in the picture ? Hope the weather stays perfect.
Take back a lot of sweet memories!!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:20:42 am »

Thanks for sharing life in Sweden.  I am enjoying reading your posts and anxiously awaiting your review of the concert!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 10:16:27 am »

Thanks for the  updates -  looking forward to your review of tonights show -  Would be nice to meet you and your bride
 in St Augustine in October.

Nice looking car - beautiful country side -  hope the weather holds out for you.  keep us posted on your adventure.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words.

We are now at the race track and the first band have started to play. The Refreshments and then Jill Johnson. I spoke to Roger "Bill" Wills, great guy. We talked about cars...

I post some pictures from before the rest of the fans came into the arena. We where first together with other classic car owners. Yes, it is our 2 dogs. A 9 week old Beauceron and a 2½ year old Pomeranian.

There is 5000-6000 people here.

Some pictures...

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 03:49:01 pm »

Thanks for the great pictures & all the info.  Love your car!  I been watching some video from the concert on YouTube.  Hope you enjoyed the concert!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
lars7689

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:46 pm »

I was at the conseert in Skien yesterday togehere with 10.000 crazy Norwegians, greate consert hope the one in Eskilstuna will be greate too !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: