Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 04:48:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Eskilstuna, Sweden concert 14th of August 2009  (Read 49409 times)
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 05:39:16 pm »

Back from the concert and what a concert... I have not relived to you that I was promised a Meet & Greet. I did not want to tell you because if something happens and it did not happen I would have been feeling bad... But we have shock hand with Alan and talked to him for a short while. Me and Sabrina... Pictures taken by the staff and we where in heaven... :-)

I am addicted after one concert. Will see Alan again... 4th of October 2009 in St. Augustine, FL and many times more.

Alan is a natural, down to earth, guy with a soft and winning approach.

The concert where perfect for me, fast, old, slow and new songs. I have No.1 song with him and no song that I do not like. His songs are very good and the best.... I will write more tomorrow and put some of my videos on youtube. Will share it with you here.

A few minutes ago in the tent. Still that silly smile on my face since I meet Alan and seen his concert. I am in love.. :-)

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 05:48:03 pm »

Thank you for sharing your experience!!  Isn't that Meet & Greet just the greatest!!  I had one last year.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to share your concert experience with us.  Great pictures, will be looking forward to your review when you rest up.  Congrats on the meet & greet, isn't that just the most special think ever?Huh  I'm still on cloud 9 after meeting him earlier this year.

Livin' On Love in California
suem

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »

Congratulations.  Wish you many years of wedded bliss!  Great pictures.  Excited to read your review of the concert.  Hubby loves your car!

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 09:41:35 pm »

What great pictures - thank you for sharing with us!   Congrats on the M&G!!  I know you were thrilled.  I haven't had the pleasure of one yet, but still keeping my fingers crossed (not till next year for me).

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 09:51:20 pm »

Wow a meet and greet.   Congratulations.  Did you sleep last night?
Great pictures of Alan.  Looking forward to watching your video on you tube.
Hope to meet you at St. Augustine's!

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 10:27:29 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS  ON YOUR MARRIAGE,WE WISH YOU LOVE , ALAN JACKSON STYLE!Congratulations on your wedding, you both look wonderful! Your story is a happy one and thanks for showing all the great photos of that area! Alan would love your car, he loves them. So happy to learn you got a Meet and Greet! Congrats! Isn't Roger so super nice, I met him also with Alan, and they are both so super nice! You will never forget that, I haven't.

Looking forward to your coming to St Augustine in October. we have seen Alan numerous times but your story is wonderful! You appreciate great music and Alan delivers!I'm sure Alan was impressed with your people being so gracious!

Your wife is lovely , the dress was so pretty & ceremony. Loved your western outfit, super!Beautiful old Church. service looked nice! what a great idea for a wedding!

In the states, even in Nashville one doesn't see as many cowboy hats in town as we used to.
You are Indeed a Great Alan Jackson Fan and I'm so happy for you to get to see him and his wonderful Band, The Strayhorns!
We hope to be at the St Augustine and Hollywood Concerts also!
Jeri-FL  
We have relatives that came here from Sweden, Guess what they bought many pairs of? Cowboy Boots !!! They loved them. They loved Nashville too! Thanks for the wonderful Review and wonderful photos! Stay safe on your trip!Great story for a review!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:49:25 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 07:45:57 am »

BILL.....
Thank you so much f/taking the time to come here and share your concert w/us. and then to boot you and your lovely
wife meet him!!!! I am thrilled f/y'all!!!

What a concert of a life.time!!

Again, please come back and share more when you've had time to rest up a bit. We'd love to hear all
the details you have {{graciously}} been sharing.

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 11:16:01 am »

Thank you Bill for sharing the pictures of your campsite, classic cars, yourself with your meet & greet pass and the concert.  Congratulations on the Meet & Greet.  So glad you and your wife were able to go to the concert.  Hope to meet you in St. Augustine in October. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Kimiko75

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »

Billstrom and Sabrina, Congratulations on your wedding, meet and greet, and getting to see Alan!  This is very exciting.  My mom goes to Sweden every year and says it is a beautiful country.  I am sure Alan loved his time there and seeing all the fans.  Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, as well as sharing the pictures.  You are so lucky getting to see Alan so much.  I live on the West Coast and he rarely comes to see us. Smiley
Blessing to you and Sabrina as you begin your new life together.
Kim
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 02:18:00 pm »

Thanks for sharing your great pictures Bill and ... congrats for the meet & greet!!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »

Finally back home in Borlange (48 000 people) after an intensive weekend. Yesterday we were at a big car cruise in the middle of our capital, Stockholm (1.3 million people). Today at my sister place in Stockholm I uploaded the videos I took at the concert and here they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZgbMjwUSkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APgZn74_l3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVIGZd01jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHYFCm70JM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_dOHSn8WN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kb7Pk-d4SI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmCV21xIp4

2 days later I am still in love… It was fantastic to see Alan perform. He is himself and he sings the songs as perfect as you can expect. You see when he sings about his dad that hi is touched by the strong feelings he has for his dad.
He talks to us in the audience as we would be his friends and get everyone to feel welcome and join the party. Even if there were chairs for everyone that have paid for seating’s most of us were standing and jumping, clapping hands and singing.

The heat at the concert got the clouds to keep off. In Eskilstuna 4 miles south it was raining the whole evening. In Sundbyholm it did not rain, it was perfect.

He played all songs that you could expect and we were satisfied for the moment. Then you want more, and more, and more…. The songs I missed were everyone that he did not play… Especially “Where were you”. I would love to see Alan alone on the stage with his guitar singing that song.  I have all his songs in my computer and at my only playlist. It takes a whole day to play the list through…

To be at Alan’s concert for the first time were a experience of life and also to have the luck to Meet & Greet were a moment that I will keep in my heart for ever. I and my wife had had a weekend of our life. To beat this you have to visit Alan in his home and be his friend…

I think I could write a book… Longing for next time in St Augustine, FL the 4th of October. Hope to see you there.
We will come to St. Augustine the day before the concert. See my other post about that concert.

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
suem

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:12 am »

Thanks for the links.  Enjoyed watching the clips.
Alan does leave you wanting more.  See you at the St. Augustine's concert!

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:29 am »

Great Review "Bill"!- if I may call you that..

Thanks for sharing the photos from your country and  the atmosphere of the audience! Alan always leaves one wanting more, no
matter how many times you see him perform. Meaning to me, he is such a great Singer. Like you, I love to hear "Where Were You"
and have many times, no one ever could hear this one too much. I would love for you to hear Alan sing "The Bluesman."it's great!

I never will forget the first time I heard that song "WWY"  Live,  Perhaps Alan will sing this song In St Augustine ,Please Cindy, tell Alan to sing it for" Bill" & his New Wifel  thanks for sharing your feelings at the Concert w/Alan & His Strayhorns!

Bill I'm sure you know Alan's" Drive "CD contains songs about his Dad like Drive (For Daddy Gene). It hurt him terribly when his Dad passed I'm sure, but what great memories in song. Thanks for Alan's Concert in Sweden & your review and photos, they were great, to see how Alan does away from the USA! He seemed to be having a great time and so did the band.Roger moved a bit as the music played Yo! They are very handsome, talented guys. Alan is super nice and looks better up close, to me.
What a great Review! Congrats again on your Meet & Greet!!
Thanks!  Jeri- MS & FL  

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:53:17 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 01:57:46 pm »

I am very greatful for all good feedback I get. I feel like I am up in the sky after the concert.

Today I uploaded my pictures on my server and here they are.

http://www.billstrom.nu/imgshows/2009/Alan%20Jackson%20Sundbyholm%20Sweden%2014%20Aug%202009/index.html

In St. Augustine we sit on the 102 section, row A, in the middle. Hope to get better pictures then.

Pontus Billstrom and Sabrina Drugge

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: