Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 01:36:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Augustine FL 4th of October 2009  (Read 68384 times)
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:10 pm »

Sue, loved your review.  We can relive the concert by reading everyone's accounts.
Sharon, sorry about your camera.  If you can get in touch with the venue, and if they found it, I would happily get it
and send it to you. What a bummer!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »

Can't beleive  it all over so much fun had by all...Food was a big treat for all for the weekend it was so good so many came to the Conch House and had dinner with us...Alan said he was in Jacksonville a couple weeks ago and why do I think he came to the boat show...Not that he needs another boat.But then  one of his favorite hobbies also ...The concert was so much fun my legs are tired for standing and up and down just to get to see the show. Lot of tall people in front of  me....GOOD TIME .....WAS HAD BY ALL. DIZZY

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »

Sharon, sorry about your camera.  Did you get a set list?
Jeri, your pix turned out great and so did the one at the Conch House!

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2009, 09:20:09 pm »

Sue, Great Review!!!
Our photos were not that good since they told us to take our good camera back to the car.. You looked pretty , however..
Can't believe mine were good, I'm not photogenic at all, but yours look so sweet.. really enjoyed our time , sure wish my husband and I had time to meet all of you at the Conch house, but my son was here late with my new babies. could never leave them and will see them again too.

Sue, so glad to know you got home all the way from MN ok. Your hubby should come with you for sure!
My husband goes to the symphony but he never refuses to drive me to an Alan Concert. Well actually he loves to eat & I would boycott the kitchen if he didn't lol j/k remember Sue, I told you how long we had been married ha! It works. we married at 2 or 3 lol
The concert was really uptempo in Hollywood, even more so than St Augustine I think. Oh Yes, at St Augustine the guards were standing by the side in the pit area..so that may be why you din't see them. I heard a group pf people talking and looked and it was "Strayhorn & backup singer w/Alan,Monty Allen", so I jumped up and asked him if I could shake hands with him, he is super nice! He said "yes!" and was so kind and I could hardly speak from yelling & asthma, so I told him(of all things ha) he said "do you use that albuterol" I do ha! I had seen him a lot of times and never spoke to him, ,love his voice and his own CD! nice meeting him.Sorry I failed to tell him that .I heard Terry say" this is Jerrie",so I probably interupted something ha! Thanks Terry for the introduction, my thoughts were failing me.. I never did see you then ha! but thanks for Terry to the rescue!

I am so terribly sorry we didn't get to meet Pontus and Sabrina, please accept our apology. our son came in and we just could not leave. Come back again and visit Florida! we saw you and the Flag from our seats! I am not good to go all over meeting people, but I love people. I guess I'm a bit like Alan( only I talk a LOT!)What a great memory seeing the ones we saw and hearing the best Country Singer. And I thought he had left Florida out of his Tour ha! Two concerts in a few days is the BEST! After meeting Alan , I feel like I know him even more, anyone else? what a night!! I lost my voice from yelling and Hubby loves it lol j/k not really ha!
Blessings to all, Jerrie Aka Artsy
sue loved our little visit and my hubby did too!Thanks! Dizzy thanks for your coming my also, my hubby likes you!
The concert in St Augustine was much like the one at Hollywood, but Chris Young didn't sing there. I like his new song!

Sabrina and Pontus, Thanks for making our Concerts so much fun by sharing your experiences and beautiful photos. It was made even more wonderful by seeing all your Posts about your trip! You made it so much fun for us to enjoy reading and seeing the photos. My Husband made a photo of you and your Sabrina with the Flag at St Augustine but he has not downloaded them yet, we had to take our good camera back to the car, so this was just a  small cheap one..I was hoping we could meet up with you guys all back before the Concert but could not see anyone. we had drinks at a nice place by the Venue & rested up from walking so much. St Augustine surprised me with this pretty nice venue, we never go to outdoor ones as I'm asthamatic, but it was cool
being by the side and row 6. You could probably see better than us being in the center. Sharon, sorry I missed seeing you! So happy all of you got to meet up with Sabrina and Pontus at the Conch House. Sounds like fun! Sorry we missed that.. Such a  pleasure having Sabrina and Pontus visit with Fans from Here , just wish I had been there! Come back to FL again sometime!
BTW- Congrats on your being wed in that beautiful old church there and marvelous honeymoon here!Much . Much Happiness to You in the future!

Jerrie aka Artsy--FL & MS
I hope someone has some nice photos at St Augustine!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:58:51 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

Thank you everyone for your great reviews.  What a great time you all had at dinner and then it sounds like the concert was the best fun at a concert ever.
Jinx I am so glad you meet Pontus and Sabrina and so many fans.  I also think ALAN has evolved into a SUPERSTAR.
Jeri I am so sorry you missed the dinner, but I can see how grandkids come first and how they make you tired. I have two of my own. I think it was nice of Sue to come to you and bring Dizzy.  Sue sounds so sweet.
Luckylady44 It must have been fun to have a whole row of fans seating together.  I'm sorry you lost your digital camera. I hope someone really nice finds it and get it back to you.
Pontus and Sabrina thanks again for everything.   Take Care and keep having fun and LIVIN ON LOVE      nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2009, 02:38:16 pm »

Thank you all for the reviews.Happy to
see so many A.J. fans got to meet up.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2009, 02:45:31 pm »

Thanks for the great reviews everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2009, 10:16:25 am »

We had a really great time at the concert.       Enjoyed meeeting al the fans .    The concert was really great and everyone was having a  a good time.             Sorry we missed meeting everyone at the dinner before the concert   we didnt get into town  until after 4.      We did go to the  Conch house  for dinner momday evening  great food  and enjoyed being by the water and seeing all the boats.      Alan was in a good mood seemed to enjoy the crowd singing  all the songs     he threw out alot of picks.                          Deb&  Bill

Gone  Country    Arkansas
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:31 am »

Hey Deb and Bill......I was really sorry not to see you in St. Augustine.  I am still so
thankful for the DVD of Alan in Charlotte.  Especially the pictures of us holding up the
GOOD TIME signs.  Thank you again so much!  All Alan concerts are awesome!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2009, 11:18:34 am »

It is so good to see so many people posting reviews on the St. Augustine show.  Loved all of them.

By the time Louann and Deb got to the condo we just didn't have time to get to the Conch to meet up with everyone for dinner.  Sounds like y'all had a great time.  Louann, Deb, Margie and I went there on Monday afternoon, during a downpour!!  Great place.  Bill and Deb, we must have just missed you, I think we were there mid afternoon. 

It was so good to see so many fans again and spend some time with some of them.  Dizzy, sorry we never did have a chance to talk much with me bouncing all over the place.  Seemed like every time I turned around someone nabbed me for something. I was up at the stage during the whole concert and never did get back there to visit before you left.

Sharon, I found your camera and will bring it to Maryville next weekend.  When I went to turn it in to security that night they suggested I wait if possible and turn it in to the venue during business hours since most of security just work shows.  I checked after reading here you lost it, and after talking to you to make sure it was yours.

We had a blast staying at a condo on the beach for a few days.  More great memories and tons of fun.  I got home late last night to 50 degree weather after leaving Orlando in 90 plus degrees. 

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2009, 12:03:53 pm »

Terry, I'm glad you made it home all in one piece!  It was good to see you again.  I'm sorry our
cooler weather went away for your vacation and you had the full humidity big time!  At least you
were by the ocean.   Glad you found Sharon's camera and will see her next week.  You all have a
GOOD TIME at the next concert.  Wish I were going to be there!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2009, 02:57:29 pm »

Sharon I am so glad Terry found your camera and you will have it back safe and sound.  Thanks Terry.  Dizzy I am glad you had such a GOOD TIME.  Thank you DIzzy, Bill and Deb for your reviews. We love all the reviews since we can't go to the concerts.    Take Care Everyone          nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2009, 09:53:00 pm »

Terry so glad you found the camera and had such a wonderful time  at the beach ...didn't have to worry
                 about the concert I was there and saw you were having a good time..It was a really good show.
                 I hope the fires didn't do much damage in your area I know you told me you were having a lot on smoke
                   You got home just in time to turn around and go to Maryville..Have fun for all the other fans you know
                  where our hearts are...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2009, 05:56:57 am »

Congratulations and thanks for finding Sharon's camera Terry. What would we do without you? You are our guardian angel !

Jean]

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2009, 02:25:22 pm »

Congratulations and thanks for finding Sharon's camera Terry. What would we do without you? You are our guardian angel !

Jean]

Jean/b , I was just telling Terry I feel more comfortable when I see she is there, maybe she is..
Perhaps Alan feels she is his also and all the guys who talk to her in the Band.
She is a Godsend!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: