Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 10:19:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan at the Cracker Barrel !!!  (Read 49054 times)
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 10:29:06 am »

Carla,Dot, Terry and everyone else that is going to the Cracker Barrel I hope you have a great time.  I hope you get to talk to ALAN a Little Bitty.     Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 10:53:55 am »

Wish I could go too, you all enjoy!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 10:30:39 pm »

Yipee, Dot's on line again!  Y'all have a great time.  I'd bring you bad luck anyway!  LOL!  Hope you get to really chat with AJ!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 06:51:28 am »

To all headed to CB on Monday morning I wish you great weather and a wonderful time. Please say Hi to Alan for all of us who can't attend!  Safe travels!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »

Sharon, YIPEE is right, been without a compter for at least 7 or 8 weeks.  Still haven't gotten this one like it should be.

You won't bring us bad luck, so come on (up) to TN and meet A. J.  I'm just hoping we get tickets to get an autograph.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 03:41:12 pm »

Terri and Dot ,and eveyone that is coming hope u all have fun,I was planning on coming,but can't get walter to bring me .
He will be in the doghouse now .
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 03:17:17 pm »

Bravo Carla, Dot & Terry!

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:49 am »

Carla, Dot and Terry, I thought about you this morning as hubby and I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I am sure the one in TN was much more crowed that the one we went to.  It was fun looking at all the new AJ things.  I did get a few and one of the rocking chairs.  This Cracker Barrel only had 2 rocking chairs, and now it only has one!!!  Can't wait to hear about the TN Cracker Barrel experience!!!
Sherry

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 12:24:02 pm »

This was one of the best organized events I have ever been too.  Will be back in a couple hours to update y'all on the whole thing, went wonderfully!!!

Livin' On Love in California
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »

Can't wait to hear your report! This is so exciting!

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 01:55:29 pm »

Last night Dot and I went over to the CB for dinner and talked to a number of the employees and managers.  Dot had stopped in there before I got here and mentioned she was waiting for a friend from California.  The staff, managers, VIP's from CB, and reporters were so fascinated with the fact that I had come from California...LOL  One of the VIP's from CB interviewed us and took our picture by Alan's picture in front of the fireplace for their website.  One of the photographers (I think he was from CB too) wanted pictures of us that had on AJ jackets in front of CB with the managers.  It was cool that Carla, Dot and myself all had different AJ jackets last night.

Like I said before, this was such a well organized event, sure wish all of them were this organized.  Tickets given out were numbered so after getting a ticket we could leave and come back if we wanted and still have our place in line.  Alan arrived in a classic Cadillac dressed in the red shirt from the Good Time album cover, and talked to the media on his stroll up the red carpet.  Dot, Carla and her hubby and I were in the first group to line up to meet Alan.  While we were waiting a number of reporters interviewed us.  I bought the red shirt (same one he wears on the GT album cover) and his cowboy hat.  (Got the hat signed.)  Everyone got a picture with Alan but we couldn't take any pictures inside of CB.  Alan wore a blue shirt for the meet and greets.  Don't know why he change from the red one, but he looks good in anything anyway!!  I'm going back over later today to get more of AJ's items, they are all really nice and of very good quality.  Dot and I stayed and ate breakfast after meeting Alan.  We visited with Cindy before and after the signing, which was really nice. I think I got a couple good pictures of Alan on the red carpet, but the media was blocking him most of the time and of course people were crowding in front of us.  Got a couple of pictures of Cindy waiting for Alan too.

It was well worth the extra cost and time to come here.  Now I'm gonna take a nap.....LOL
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:00:48 pm by AJSCALIFFAN » Logged

Livin' On Love in California
January

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »

How fun for you guys!  I am so glad that it was better organized - after Nashvile and the 20th anniversary thing I was skittish about it.   Terry - how lucky for you to have the means to get around so much - these memories will stay with you forever. 
I have been at CB twice today - first time I picked up the CD, the black shirt and the coffee mug - then I caved and went back for the rocker  (each store is getting one I was told - the rest will be sold online -), the throw and the candle.  They made a big deal of what a fan I was to go twice already today and one employee ran her hand across the back of the rocker- where Alan's name is - and said "goodbye, Alan"  They asked me is I was erecting a shrine - lol - after the guitar comes from the AJ store I might just do that! 

Thanks for sharing Terry - what is up for the rest of your week?

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 04:06:37 pm »

Thanks Terry for the review  ,What day ,bet you guys are still on cloud 9,I hated i had to miss this time .I will have to leave my hubby at home the next if he don't want to go .Have fun and be carefull u all.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:13 pm »

Glad everything went so well for everyone this morning in TN!  I was with you in spirit as we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning.  I really like my rocker after I finally got it home and unpacked.  The store we were at this morning had 2 rockers - one sitting out and the one I got was still all wrapped up.  I did look online and it says they are sold out!  I also got a mug, a cookbook for a friend, the barbeque sauce (I had made his recipe from the cookbook) and rub.  When we checked out they said "Oh you came in for the Alan Jackson stuff!!"  We said yes, but we did eat breakfast too.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 04:56:31 pm »

Wow Gayle, you got it made! Let's see...you can be sitting in your AJ rocker, practicing your AJ guitar, listening to his cd, wearing your new AJ shirt, sipping AJ's favorite recipe from his book, in his mug, with his throw around your legs all at the same time!

Did I leave anything out?  Btw, congrats on getting the guitar. That is a beautiful purchase. Let us know how it sounds.

Also, I got the disks you sent me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so excited.  I can't wait to see Aquapalooza again!

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: