Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:30:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread- Drop by for a visit  (Read 32976 times)
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 08:51:49 pm »

I am looking fo a meet and greet also Sharron hope we will be lucky.....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 05:31:00 am »

It's been a long time since I have been on this thread. I guess my life is pretty dull and not much going on. I'm hoping some of the fans on the board get a meet and greet. I lost my chance, not knowing I was suppose to sign up for a meet and greet. Didn't know till Tuesday night when Piper ask me if I have signed up. I signed in right away but it was over. Sad
I wrote fan club to see if I could be added but Sharon told me the winners had already been notified. Always next time. Hope some of ya'll get a meet and greet.  See ya in Macon........can't wait!!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 01:10:35 pm »

All you gals going to Macon concert have a
great time and I hope you all get to see
each other.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 03:11:44 pm »

Hello from a sunny Belgium dear friends!

After a bad July and August finaly the sun is there! Today we've got 70°f/20°c and forecast for tomorow and the rest of the week is 75°f/24°c. Not bad for the end of September.
Last weekend, it was raining, we watched a fantastic dvd about the American revolution. "John Adams", a seven-part tv miniserie. It took about two afternoons. The main players, Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney, were fantastic. Here in Europe most of people know about your revolution. But now i know the whole story. And i have to say it is rather impresionant. My esteem for the first presidents, Washington, Franklin, Adams and Jefferson increased a lot. Great men! As i said, it took two afternoons but it was worth it. Did any of you saw the serie?
Yesterday i got my ordered cd "Hell on Wheels" of Pistol Annies. Miranda Lambert and her two companions did a great job. It's a album with real country music. Excellent album for linedance. I like it very much. I hope that Alans new album is full of wonderful country songs too, as usual!.

I wish everyone a great weekend and that Alans new cd comes out soon.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »

Jean I didn't get a meet and greet but I did meet Denise and Mama Ruth ..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 08:39:54 pm »

Hello from a sunny Belgium dear friends!

After a bad July and August finaly the sun is there! Today we've got 70°f/20°c and forecast for tomorow and the rest of the week is 75°f/24°c. Not bad for the end of September.
Last weekend, it was raining, we watched a fantastic dvd about the American revolution. "John Adams", a seven-part tv miniserie. It took about two afternoons. The main players, Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney, were fantastic. Here in Europe most of people know about your revolution. But now i know the whole story. And i have to say it is rather impresionant. My esteem for the first presidents, Washington, Franklin, Adams and Jefferson increased a lot. Great men! As i said, it took two afternoons but it was worth it. Did any of you saw the serie?
Yesterday i got my ordered cd "Hell on Wheels" of Pistol Annies. Miranda Lambert and her two companions did a great job. It's a album with real country music. Excellent album for linedance. I like it very much. I hope that Alans new album is full of wonderful country songs too, as usual!.

I wish everyone a great weekend and that Alans new cd comes out soon.

Jean

Jean/B , yes I have and yes these Great men, were all great men, whom we admire. They all contributed but Washington
Kept the Army together during the Revolution.  He is referred to as "Father Of Our Country."
all of these contributed to our Beloved Country! I want to re-read it again and watch it also. I also want to get the new book out, about John Adams.

I'm anxious to get Alan's Latest also. Miranda's sounds good. I have seen her in Concert! She has a strong voice and was under rated for a  while but now, she is getting her dues. I wish Her and Blake much Love and success!
Your weather sounds nice. I would love to feel some cool air.. Storms all around us but thus far, I have prayed them away
and shall keep it up! I love to go to MS in this time of year & the nights are cooler!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:47:15 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »

Jean glad your enjoying Miranda's cd. Our weather
was in the 30 until yesterday now we are 16.
Dizzy how great that you got to meet Mama Ruth and
Denise at the concert.
Jeri sounds like your still getting really hot weather
there. Hope it cools down for you.
It is raining and only 60 here today.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:38 pm »

I've been without a computer for 3 weeks.  It's so nice to have it back! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 03:48:05 pm »

Hello All.  I'm new on this forum, just found it a month or so ago actually.  It's been fun reading the different reviews and stories.  I was lucky enough to win a Meet & Greet for the Tulsa show two weeks ago and I am still in awe of the man.  Just had enough to introduce myself and take the picture.  Everything I wanted to say just flew out of my thoughts when I saw that we were going to be hurried a bit. 

I live in Southeast Kansas and we are experiencing beautiful fall weather here right now.  Such a relief after the triple digits we endure most of the summer. 

I'm married and have an adult son and daughter, a son-in-law, two handsome grandsons, and a daughter-in-law to be.  The wedding is next May in Kansas City.  Hope to make some new friends here.  Have a great day everyone!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:41 pm »

Welcome to the forum Karen.  Glad to hear that you won a M&G - wasn't it just awesome!!!  I still smile when I think of mine!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:03 pm »

Elaine Thanks to Kimberleigh that I got to meet Denise and Mama Ruth it was  a big treat for me as I have alway wanted to meet Denise and Mama Ruth....maybe I see Alan next time. I hope.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »

Elaine Thanks to Kimberleigh that I got to meet Denise and Mama Ruth it was  a big treat for me as I have alway wanted to meet Denise and Mama Ruth....maybe I see Alan next time. I hope.
Dizzy hi!
I am so happy for you reading about your getting to meet Alan's "Moma" and wife "Denise", that is so Wonderful!!, for them also! Next is the Man himself!! Hopefully Alan w/A Meet and Greet. Everyone is pulling for you Twins!

Glad You two got back safely. we were in rain and storms later, Upon coming to the Florida line..a Nice welcome home  I literally hate this climate LOL I would move in a NY minute if I could leave my grands . I was feeling so fantastic breathing in Nashville w/Asthma, then we got here and I can't talk much.. we hit the road right after the show at the Opry and I was sorry we didn't get your attention to say bye, but hubby was tired and wanted to get ahead of the crowds, being night.It was wonderful to see you both looking so well, after being so ill.
Take care Hon, Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 02:31:06 pm »

Karen welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it
as much as I have .A.J. fans are the greatest.
Dizzy I sure hope you get to meet Alan soon.
Jeri glad you were feeling good for the opry.
It is sunny and in the 70 today. They are painting
our trimming and Georgie is not happy having
people in our yard. I think he thinks no one should
be here(LOL)
Elaine

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 02:03:31 am »

Welcome to the board Karen.....there are so many wonderful fans here and I have been fortunate to meet many. Congratulations on the Meet and Greet with Alan. I don't know how I would react but hopefully someday I will find out.
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:23 pm »

Heres hoping I get to meet him one day but right now
looks like it will be awhile with no tours insight to be
going too..Kimberleigh it was nice meeting you and  Debbie...
I thought the pictures turned out good....thanks again
for all you nice things you did for Mazie and me.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: