Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 11:45:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread- Drop by for a visit  (Read 32972 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:28:41 am »

It's now September & we have Fall weather to anticipate. Starting next week I think we will probably get highs in the 80's instead of the 90's. Looking forward to that change.
Hubby's brother is visiting from overseas. He arrived last Saturday & will be here about 3 weeks.
I am pleased that Alan's song is making some movement & his video is on 2 of the countdowns.

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:32 am »

Harriett - thanks for starting the SEPTEMBER thread - were has this year gone.?  I hope your right about the temps going down.  This morning they stated the high today was going to be 89 - better than the 98 we've been having.  We are still having our afternoon thunderstorms however,  Looking forward to the Macon show - wish you were going.  Can't wait to
catch up with the AJ Buddies. 

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone - stay safe

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »

Harriet thanks for the Sept thread. I know fall is
here. Had to turn on the heat this morning before
I could jump into the shower.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:57:17 pm »

It is Sept and I am going to see Alan at the Grand Ole Opry...
Going to see Alan in Macon.. just can't wait for this to come.dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:03:44 pm »

Elaine we don't realize much fall here in FL.. Just goes into the 80's and stay about the same at night for a good while..

Harriet, that is one thing I love about GA & Nashville, it gets cooler at nights.
Everyone take care We all will see Alan w/The StrayHorns soon! September is here & almost time YeeHaw!

Take care Everyone, Jerrie
PS- Watch Alan's performance on Sept 5 and the special that is right before the Opry!
Praying FL wont be affected by the hurricane, or the rain in the Gulf now..Dizzy keep watch!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 02:20:19 pm »

Enjoy the weekend everybody ...

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »

Grateful for many things, thus far no hurricanes and the end to oppressive heat and humidity soon.  I am still aching to AJ for the first time in concert, hope to make that a reality in the near future.

I had an interesting conversation with someone regarding music this month and it was agreed that Alan and his band would very likely jam with many of rocks true legends such as Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and especially  Tom Petty.   Alan and his band being the fine musicians that they are would indeed break musical bread with others.  Robert Plant did outstanding work with Alison Krauss, Jimmy would be totally open to something like this and a Tom Petty pairing with AJ is sinful if it does not happen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPIRXXqSVwU&feature=player_detailpage

Sorry folks, I think about music frequently.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 06:06:33 am »

I can't believe it is September already.  Where did the summer go? 

Nelle, I am glad that you have your power back.  There seems to be alot more storms this year. Where my stepson lives, which is Belleville, Ontario, they got the tailend of Hurricane Irene.  A huge tree branch fell on his vehicle, which was only 2 years old.  It did over $18,000 damage.  So the insurance wrote it off.  It really upset him.

I am hoping I can watch those two shows with Alan. Sometimes we cannot get them here in Canada.  I will have to check when I get off the computer.

Another busy weekend.  Today I am going to a pool party with my friends and spouses from grade school.  There is six of us that went to school together from grade 1 to 8 and we have all kept in touch.  We try to get together a couple times a year. Then the next couple of days we are re-parching our outside wall of our house.  My husband did not like how the builder had it done.  So before the landscaping crew shows up on Tuesday, my husband wants to have it redone.  Last weekend we dug around the house, except for the back of the house.  We will do that next year when we have the backyard completed.  My husband cleaned off all the old parching and is now ready to start the work.  Sometimes my husband just likes to give us more work.  He is too much of a perfectionist.  Then Tuesday, they will start our landscaping.  I can't wait. 

Hope all is well with everyone.  Take care.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »

Harriet, thank you for starting the thread.    Elaine I am so sorry that it is cold enough that you have to put the heat on to take a shower.    Anita thank you for being glad I got the power on.   Jeri have a great time when you see ALAN. I am so happy for you.   JeanB have a good weekend too.      Everyone have a good LABOR DAY weekend.  God Bless  nelle   

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 03:29:57 pm »

Dizzy enjoy the concert and seeing Alan on
the Grand Ole opry. I sure wish our CMT still
carried it.
Anita sorry to hear your son's car was damaged
so bad from the hurricane.Goood luck with the work.
I am sure it is goingto look beautiful when your done.
Nelle was so happy you were not affected by the
hurricane except the power.Happy to see you posting.
It is much warmer today. Going to be in the 80 and then
the 90 tomorrow. Missing my family .Teresa Jay and Jess
won't be back from Edmonton until Monday. I pray Kelsey
has a easy time getting use to University and being away
from home.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 11:45:16 am »

This morning the heavy rain from what was Tropical Storm Lee is headed our way. We are already under a tornado watch & flash flood watch.
Alan's song is starting to move, I am happy to report. It is up to #28 on Mediabase- its best position yet.
Hope all of you are OK.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »

Harriet glad to see Alan's song is going up.
Hope you don't get to much rain.
It is warm today.but the mornings are
fall weather temps. The kids go back to
school tomorrow. Teresa Jay and Jess will
be home sometime tonight.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 06:42:15 pm »

We got a ton of rain & tornadoes all over the city. One tornado warning after another & the local weather broadcasters were kept busy trying to keep us informed. We spent some time in the basement as a very strong tornado went to the West of us. We are still under a tornado watch & flash flood watch but all the warnings have expired.

BHR, I hope you are OK.

We were spared but there are trees & power lines down & damaged homes all over the city.
I know an angel has us by the hand.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 10:50:26 pm »

Harriet,
Thank God you are all ok there. I was concerned when I heard GA. My neice lives near also.. They had warnings etc..
So glad you have a basement and you are ok..Was your power out ?
Trees down is bad too, But just so thankful you are safe..Remember that downed power lines are still active, even when broken..Stay safe please..

Sending Prayers to all in the path of that Storm and Fires in TX. I hope we dodge the next storm also..
Keep The Faith, God Bless, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 07:50:41 am »

Harriet, good to know you're oké. Hope BHR is oké too.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: