Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:48:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread- Drop by for a visit  (Read 32975 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 12:58:54 pm »

Harriet glad it all passed you by.Trees going
down can cause so much damage.
Beautiful day here going to be in the 90.
Suppose to stay that way all week.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 03:11:46 pm »

Harriet, thanks for asking how we did with the storm. We did weather the tornado warning very well. No down trees in our area that we're aware of. Everything's fine with us except for me feeling under the weather (no pun intended). I caught a bad cold couple of days ago and now having pressure sinus headache from all the rain and bad weather we've been getting the last few days. Glad you and your hubby did well too with the tornado like weather we just had. Thanks, again, for asking.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

BHR,
Glad you are ok too , after the storm. Sorry I had forgotten you still lived there. We got a bit of rain from Tropical storm Lee too, very little.
BHR, sorry about your cold etc.. My sinus has been giving me pressure headaches with all the weather changing.
I hope the next two bypass us also, we will be going to MS soon and Lee even reached MS with rain.. Next we go to the Orpy to see Alan. Yea!

Take care to all, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »

Happy September A.J. friends,

WOW what horrific weather the world has been seeing.  Glad to hear that you all are getting through it.  We are getting much cooler temperatures here in Ontario.  Hubby and I are going to Niagra Falls for a few days as he has this week off.

Now I need your help.  Have to change my cat A.J.'s name.  He is an indoor cat and very timid.  Was out in the garage a few times lately and last night I was lying on the bed and I hear him sauntering in.  So I say "come on up A.J. come on" (his little sister is mean to him and pushes him off the bed)  I lean over to look and there he is my sweet special boy  OH NO HE HAS A REAL BIG MOUSE IN HIS MOUTH AND IS GETTING READY TO JUMP UP AND GIVE IT TO ME!!!!   I don't think he knows I HATE fake mice, plastic mice, dead mice, pictures of mice, Mickey Mouse any mouse......I screamed he ran my hubby ran in room and I couldn't talk.  Just screamed and pointed so now I have to change hie name from sweet A.J.  to something like KILLER!!!!   Any ideas?Huh

Gwen
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 08:49:21 am »

Gwen,  Cute cat story - did you know that when they bring you things they kill it is a sign of gratitude.  I have at present time 7 inside cats and 5 outside. 

Glad everyone is surviving the storms.  Hasn't the weather been crazy lately?  Central Florida has been okay  - no flooding
just afternoon thunder storms. 
Can't believe September is here already - Going to Macon to see our MAN. Will be good to see everyone again.

Take care

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:52 pm »

Love that story Gwen!  Leslie
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 06:01:14 am »

Happy September Y'all.  Liked your cat story Gwen.  A.J. is still a sweet name, as A.J. is grateful and also mischievous.  LOL!

It's cooled down quite a bit here in SC.  60 deg. this morning.  I am not ready for fall or winter.  I just don't like the shorter days.  Just two more weeks and Lord willing I'll be in Macon.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  My friend Linda and I are driving down.  Please keep me informed about when we're getting together before or after the show!

Had a quiet Labor Day.  September 4th would have been my son Jimmy's 40th birthday, so it was bittersweet. Jimmy always thought Labor Day was for his birthday!   We did go over and visit my dil and grandson.  He is playing the violin and someone dropped (or threw) his in the band room.  Broke the instrument and the hard case.  Jerry & I bought him a new one and Kim said he played it all weekend.  He is in middle school. 

We did have some of the rain and have been on tornado watch.  No problems though.  Sure pray that Texas will get some rain.

Y'all have a good Thursday.  I started back bowling last week and bowl on Thursday nights.  Also have been going to an exercise class on Monday and Thursday mornings. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 01:50:47 pm »

BHR hope your cold and sinus are better.
Jeri sorry to hear yur getting sinus headaches
MY daughter gets what they call hot eye from her
sinus's .Has to take out her contacts and wear her
glasses.The Dr gave her some antibodics so will
see this afternoon when I phone her how it is doing.
Gwen sorry A.J brought you a mouse this morning.
Like you I hate mice.
Louie hope you get to meet up with all the gals
going from the board.Enjoy hte concert in Macon.
Sharon was thinking of you and praying Sept 4
wasn't to hard on you. I know how hard those days
can be. I still have a bad time after five years.
Glad you got to spend time with Grant and your
dil.
It is hot here today and I am loving it. Cool nights
and hot days just my kind of weather.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »

Hi to all Aj Fans!

Too busy to post much but loved the cat story Gwen hehe! Elaine thanks, my sinus is  better, after the rain left..
Sharon, how do you manage to do so much, I can tell you are younger than me, or just have more energy hehe! I know you do so much for others, plus your church work etc. & now bowling whew!

Look out for the Next "Real World News" for Summer! It's got lots of info and some good photos.. Lots of writing and I am starting to look for Alan's album in his Store.. we might get it, early on.. Oh Yes! It said "Denise's twin was in the Long Way To Go Video", I didn't know that! It's such a fun Video and now I trying to find who could possibly be her twin hehe! She is beautiful Inward and outward..So let's keep looking ok.,,,.It was made here in FL, where we go.
 Three stroms now in a row.. Lee is still kicking up rain and maria is yet to be. one more just is passing us , Thank God!
I hope the weather will be good traveling for the Opry soon! My son & Family will be driving here later for vacation at the condo in Central  FL.
 My sister ( as some know) is having her check, after surviving cancer..Edited, My Sister's Test was FINE again Thank God! Prayers for All who might be in harms way for the 9-11 Event..
Take care Everyone and  see  you @ the Opry! Jerrie
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:16:07 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 02:54:09 pm »

Jeri so glad all went well with your sisters test.
the U.S. has had so many disasters this year.
We had a earthquake yeaterday at the coast.
It was  6.9 . Not to much damage from it.
Had a fun afternoon shoppiong with Teresa and
Jess. Teresa Jay and Jess are coming over for
dinner tonight and Jess is going to spend the
night with me. Georgie will be happy to have
Sisco to play with.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:51 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. We have had overseas company for 2 weeks & here for another week. I haven't had as much time to post but thinking of all of you & of Alan & his family as this 9/11 10 Year anniversary approaches. I have just been looking at the ABCTV website to see if they have had a change of heart about broadcasting A Concert for Hope. Our president is even going to attend this concert. I find that they are still saying 'No TV'. I really hope they wil make a DVD of this so we can eventually see it.My heart goes out to all the families who lost loved ones on 9/11. And I don't think any of us will ever forget.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:37:37 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 02:12:46 am »

Hello everyone on this 9/11 eve.  I am feeling a bit sick about thiinking back 10 whole years and it is still so real and disturbing and oh so sad.  Want everyone and Alan and family to be safe tomorrow.  We just got back from Niagra Falls, New York and there is so much in the New York City newspapers about it.  I had better sign off as I am getting teared up.  Love to you all my dear A.J. friends.

Gwen
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 11:26:32 am »

This morning GAC broadcast Where Were You, the CMA Awards performance in 2001. They had a short interview with Alan before they played it & they showed Vince Gill's introduction of the song before Alan performed it.

They will broadcast it again at 3:52 PM Eastern.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:29:42 am by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 09:17:18 am »

Morning Y'all,
Watched the Concert of Hope and also CMA thingy.  I taped them and watched them later. 
Jeri, I am not that young, 67!  I really don't do all that much.  Especially housework, etc. 
Thanks for all the sweet thoughts about Jimmy's birthday. 
I'm planning on going to Macon on Thursday.  Looking forward to seeing AJ and the Strayhorns and also some AJ fans. Would love to win a M&G!!!!
I didn't realize Canada had an earthquake last week.  We had one last week or week before in VA, but felt it here in SC.
Y'all have a good Wednesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »

See you there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: