Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 02:07:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Oshawa Concert  (Read 26057 times)
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:23:33 am »

I just want to let you know The show in Oshawa is a go.  I just heard from a friend of mine who works by the GM Centre that his trucks were at the Centre.  HEE HAW.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

January

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:34:52 am »

So happy for you - how is your weather there? Think Gwen will be able to get in?

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:30 am »

Where Gwen comes from is on the west side of Toronto.  The weather was a little worse there than here.  It usually is about a two hour drive from her area to Oshawa. I think she will be fine. They just have to take their time.  The highways seem to be fine.  I think she was leaving this morning sometime, if I recall.  I hope I will seem them there. She is sitting in the same row as me.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:11:47 am »

Great news...we are snowed/iced in here in Indy. Be sure to give us a review of the concert. Thanks!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

I went to pick up my tickets.  While I was there I saw his trucks & his bus so I took a few pictures.  I did not get to see him.  I have attached pictures if you want to see.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065010&id=1539045173&l=0fa20ed5c9   

By the way,  tthe GM Centre already received more than 100 calls if the concert was cancelled or not.  There must be alot coming from out of town.

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »

Anita and Gwen, have a great time.  Anita, the pictures were great.  Enjoy it for us.  Leslie
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »

I just got home from the concert.  He was fabulous like always and looked great.  I had great seats.  2nd row center stage.  When I got the tickets I thought I was at the side, so I was shocked.  At this concert they only let the front row get up to the stage.  So there wasn't that many standing, which was nice for everyone in the other rows.  They would let some people come up and take a few pictures but then they had to go back.  On his very last song (encore), he was signing autographs.  So I jumped over the front seats and went to the stage and I got Alan to sign my M&G picture from last year.  I am very short, so I had to really reach out for him to see it.  I saw Gwen and Bluesman there.  They were over about 10 seats from me.  Gwen, if I would of had time to come over to where you were seated, I was going to get your CD and have him sign that.  I hope you were able to get your sister or husband to do it.  If not, next concert he has and we get good seats, I will have to do that for you.  Also, I caught one of the guitar pics that he was handing out.  I can't wait until his next concert.  He is on his way to Kingston, Ontario.  I hope all you guys have fun.  I found out that all the front row seats were given to women. They all had seats further to the back.  When they got to the entrance gate, their tickets were exchange for front row seats., for no extra cost.  That was a surprise from Alan. 

Gwen and Bluesman, it was nice meeting you.  I hope you had a great time.  AJ Fans are the greatest.

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:16:57 pm »

Oh I have more pictures to post.  I will do that tomorrow evening. It is getting late and I have to work tomorrow.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

AnitaMartina thanks for your review ...We love to hear all the excitement that Alan brings
all his fans at there concert....So glad Gwen.Bluesmen and you all made it to see the
concert....Good Time had by all...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:04:13 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Here are the pictures my husband took at the concert last night at the GM Centre in Oshawa.  I was too busy enjoying the concert, that is why he took all the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065172&id=1539045173&l=a1ca574116

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 05:19:54 pm »

Thanks for sharing your pictures Anita.  Your husband is like mine - he takes really good pictures while I enjoy the concert!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dambanker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »

I found out that all the front row seats were given to women. They all had seats further to the back.  When they got to the entrance gate, their tickets were exchange for front row seats., for no extra cost.  That was a surprise from Alan. 

That was food for the road crew.  I've seen other bands do stuff like that but that was really tactless.  Good show though.
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:21 pm »

Thanks for posting the pics, they are great!!!  Glad you got to go to the stage to get an autograph. I always manage to get up to the stage one way or the other, if I have to wait for the security to turn their back and make a dash for the stage. 

Every concert I have been too, always, has the "young girls" on the front row, not certain how they get their tickets.

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:13:25 pm »

dambanker, every concert I have been to has had center front row seats filled with cute young girls.  I will have to admit that the last concert I went to, those young girls were so sweet and pulled me right up to front and center!! Alan was watching the whole thing so when he looked at me it felt like he was singing just to me and then he signed my CD cover first when he started his autographing session!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
mazie01

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

Anita I enjoyed your pictures as always he still the most handsome one.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: