Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 12:44:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oshawa Concert  (Read 26056 times)
livnonluv

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

I was at the concert too and I was in the second row, centre. I was really annoyed that those girls got to sit in the front row. Most of them didn't even know the words to any of Alan's songs and weren't really looking at him or even paying attention. All they were doing was taking pictures of each other and texting on their phones. Most of them were drinking and ended up spilling beer all over the floor. The security guards had to continually tell them to get their beer off of the stage. One of the security guards told me that those girls were hand picked by Alan's people. What is that all about? Wouldn't it be better to put the true fans in those seats. Some of those girls weren't even born when Alan had his first hit. Despite the temporary distraction of those loud, flashy girls, I thoroughly enjoyed the show as I always do. I wasn't going to let anything spoil the long anticipated night for me.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 12:35:18 am »

I sure agree with you livinonluv.  There was so much beer spilt all over my sister's feet as we were in 2nd row also.  Her feet were cold for three days afterwards.  I know Alan likes the young ones dancing and all but they don't even know him.  Very annoying for those of us in the fanclub who tried to get good seats and had to tolerate that.  At the end, when he was signing like crazy....all of a sudden a bunch of tall 6 ft guys started jumping over the seats and a few landed on part of me and kicked me in the shoulder.  I blame some of that on Security.  The venue's security was lacking in my opinion.  Of course Alan was his usual fantastic so what are you going to do!!!

Gwen
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 02:49:06 pm »

Wow...sounds like it got a bit rowdy in Oshawa. I can't understand his people hand picking girls to fill up the front row when us many "faithful" fans should have been there. We would have been respectful and hung on every word he sang.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
dambanker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 01:12:33 am »

Here's some pictures of the Oshawa show http://www.flickr.com/photos/dambanker/ 

Enjoy
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 12:27:19 pm »

Great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I never tire of looking at pictures of Alan. Yeehaw!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 01:58:24 pm »

Thanks so much for the beautiful pics., Dambanker! Of course, Alan always takes beautiful pics. but I especially like your pics. of Mark McClurg & Monty Allen singing the harmony on "As She's Walking Away" and also of Danny Groah!

Carol
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 05:59:12 pm »

Dambanker I really like you pictures. Don't know how I missed them but they are really good.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »

The pics turned out great.  Thanks for sharing.

Gwen
dambanker

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:34 pm »

I'm happy everyone liked them.

I've just added the setlist I got too.  It was Alan's and it's an one of the more interesting ones I've gotten as it has the keys and the individual solos noted on it.  It looks like they've been photocopying this one for a long time.

I just have to say that I'm not really a Alan fan, I like his music, but my mother-in-law is...she loves him.  So I took her for her birthday.  That said I really enjoyed his show, but I do think it should be the fans like you in the front row.  At least I took my mother-in-law to the front for the encore.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:03:46 pm by dambanker » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: