Alan Jackson
June 26, 2024, 11:52:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer's End - September  (Read 41426 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 01:10:05 am »

Jeri........very nice to see you on here again.........you were missed.  Keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers as I am sure all of Alan's Angels are!

Gwen
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:34 am »

Gwen Thanks so much.. we had so much business to take care of in MS.. haven't been able to get it done until now..
Thanks for your kindness.

Hubby will be ok, just need a second opinon..for this..we are near Mayo hospital, so lots of great options..
Our daughter lives here also..close..Thanks to Everyone for your thoughts and prayers..
God Bless You All for being so kind, Jerrie-MS

PS. LOLThis year has to be better. I was hospitalized and my  hubby. last year, fell and cut my head open and other injuries. Mom passed away..my Sis was diagnosed with B cancer but is doing better but on this last check, they want to re-do it, so she is afraid it may be back. Oh yes, Our Son's house flooded and inside was all gutted and furniture ruined, so lots more to do yet..but Hey! we are still here and ok, all our family...and God will never leave us.So many lost lives, I should not complain..

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »

Jeri after all you went though this year
should get better for you.
Having our second day of rain.Will be
happy to see the sun again.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:49 am »

Hello ladies,

Nice and windy weather but i found the time to be on my pc this afternoon. Saturday we went to Brussels for shoping, i bought two cd's "Keep on Loving You" Reba McEntire and "Twang" George Strait. My wife bought the rest. lol.

Jean Az. In Italy they speak English in most hotels and restaurants of the big cities. In the country, not at all! And tieves?... again in the big cities, but be careful anyway. Watch your purse at markets and sightseeing and close your car when leaving. Maffia is in South Italy not in Toscania, they don't doing anything. And don't be afraid asking someone what he's doing for a living. Wear your Twins baseball cap and white tennis shoes ... no problem. But !!! On the countryside the toilet is most of all a HOLE IN THE GROUND !!! http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:French_Squatter_Toilet.jpg Two handels on the sidewalls help you not to fall. Haha,lol. Be in good shape (specialy for your white shoes) because did isn't a joke ! lol. I was in Italy in 2007 and i'm speaking of experience. In France you can have the same problem.
One more thing, be careful on the roads. Italians are crazy drivers, you gon't believe what you see.
But you gona have a GOOD TIME there, that's for shure. Enjoy.

Kathy,glad you enjoy your partime job. Take a break sometimes.

Sharon, hope you get great seats for N Charleston.

Jerrie, hope your hubby get better soon. It wasn't your year!

Elaine, we've got a very bad August. September looks much better. Sun almost every day. Tomorrow 25°c.

Harriet, hope you haven't too much pain.

Anita, Gwen, BHR, Ismeltzer, AJTexasfan, and all of you ... have a nice day.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 02:51:00 am »

Hi there Jean B.  very interesting info..........I don't like that toilet either LOL

Thanks for sharing.

Gwen
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 09:23:11 am »

JeanB are you enjoying your two new CDs?  My husband and I went to a concert last Saturday with Reba, George Strait and Lee Ann Womack.   It was a great concert, we really enjoyed watching them all perform.
Harriet, hope you are continuing to get better.  Jerrie thinking about you and your husband too.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2010, 10:40:50 am »

JeanB are you enjoying your two new CDs?  My husband and I went to a concert last Saturday with Reba, George Strait and Lee Ann Womack.   It was a great concert, we really enjoyed watching them all perform.
Harriet, hope you are continuing to get better.  Jerrie thinking about you and your husband too.

Sherri ! Wonderful!
What a great show that must have been, so glad you got to go! Thanks for everyone's kind wishes.we appreciate it.

Jean/B you are right this wasn't our Year for sure ! I feel terrible I complained so much for we are still here and grateful.
God never leaves us. It seems life as we age, is in cycles, that good goes for long periods and then not so good. I just appreciate my Life as it is. It makes me remember what my Mom used to say, when I had asthma as a child. once I asked her "why me with asthma" no other in the family had this. She held my face in her hands and looked me right in the eyes, and said " Remember this quote "I cried because I had no shoes, but then I saw a Man who had no feet." I tried to not complain after this and now I tell on here ALL my personal plights ha! so sorry.. we will be fine and grateful that my husband is so tired of hospitals & Drs offices that he wants to have fun and go to Nashville before he schedules surgery.
we just saw our new family members and had a wonderful time.. His energy level is good enough to travel, if we take our time.Our son's house looks wonderful considering it was  flooded inside.I am so grateful for this.Lost furniture can be replaced..
Good wishes to Harriet, BHR and hubby and Dizzy's Sis & her, Hugs and prayers. also Tammy's family..any who have special
needs for prayer..Take care to all and soon we will have more reports of Alan's shows and photos hopefully.
God Bless, Jerrie-MS

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2010, 01:20:43 pm »

Not a good morning for me.Teresa was here yesterday
and I forgot to get her to put my water bottle on the
stand.I tried doing it myself  and ended up dropping
it.Ended up with 18 litres of water on the floor.Took me
over a hr to clean it up.It didn't help that Georgie wanted
to play in it.My dinning room rug got some of it .Cleaned
it up as much as I could but it is still wet.Good way to
learn a lesson(LOL)
Nice and sunny here this morning.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:23 pm »

Hi to all Aj fans,
Busy, busy , busy with the start of a new school year.
WILL BE SEEING ALAN IN THREE DAYS....YEEHAW!  I don't know how many concerts I've been to over the years but this is hubby's first.  Just about fell off my chair when he said he'd go with me.  He's such a rock and roll guy.Its raining here and we are expected to get up to five inches of rain in the next few days.  Hoping for it to get rained out so it's nice for the outdoor concert.
Summer is over....the pool and the hot tub are covered. 
Just wanted to stop and say hi..Hugs to all.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 12:36:20 am »

Hi to all Aj fans,
Busy, busy , busy with the start of a new school year.
WILL BE SEEING ALAN IN THREE DAYS....YEEHAW!  I don't know how many concerts I've been to over the years but this is hubby's first.  Just about fell off my chair when he said he'd go with me.
Sue,
You sound like the Dilemma that I'm in LOL mine loves the Symphony..So nice he is going w/you. He may really get into Country and want a hat like Our Alan's next LOL never for my hubby, nut he's short a bit and would be strange..ha!
KEEP LOOKING AT YOUR EMAIL, REMEMBER THEY CAN COME UP TO THE VERY LAST DAYS. Tell Alan Jerrie from MS said Hello! LOL j/k Ya! Summer never ends here, I wish it was cooler, it was hot in Nashville. I hope the Arena isn't I'm wearing a thin blouse and casual, when I was in a nice venue to meet Alan I wore comfy heels -sorta 3in. and dressed in a pantsuit. I wanted to wear his shirt but I wanted to be comfy to be near him. we walked from where we ate and I was melting by the time I met Alan..I would have cheek kissed him, had he allowed it..but my face was wet LOL( Being older than Alan)ha
Keep Up your Spirits and CHECK YOUR MAIL AND ENJOY>>> CINDY HELP!!lol  Enjoy the Concert, Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:12:16 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010, 11:22:19 am »

It's hot today - in the 90's.  60's this weekend.  Crazy weather, but typical for the fall.  The leaves are changing colors and it's so beautiful.  Love this time of year.

Been working at my PT job for a couple of weeks.  I really like it.  Very low stress, I work basically when I want - although we have established a routine.   Everything is set up to work from my home computer and will be doing more of that once the learning process is done.   It's perfect for me.

Jeri, glad you husband can travel a little to visit family.  You guys are in my prayers - that doctor stuff does get old after awhile.

Sue, heard about all your rain.  Glad you are safe - Mother Nature has really been acting up this last year or so.  Enjoy the Alan concert - I know you will.  Throw him a kiss from me!

Elaine, please be careful!  What a mess, but it's only water and thank goodness you weren't hurt!

JeanB - sounds like you had a successful shopping trip.  Enjoy your new CD's.

JeanAZ - congrats to your Twins!  I know you are excited for them!  I'll be rooting for them to win it all for you.  Don't care about the other teams.   My Cubbies can't seem to lose now that they are out of it.  Go figure.  Big controversy in Chicago about the managers for both the teams.  It will be an interesting winter.    Now I'm focused on the Bears - 2-0 to start the season.   It will be a true test playing the Packers on Monday Night Football this week.  The Bears usually don't play well on Monday nights.

Harriet, thinking about you and hope your recovery is going well.  Miss you on the board!

Have a good day everyone! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 02:20:12 pm »

Sue I pray the rain has stopped for yur
concert.
Kathy how nice to have a job that fits
into your schedule.
Sun is gone today.Our leaves are changing fast
now that it gets so cool at night.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2010, 07:21:24 am »

Morning Y'all,
Gonna try to get a short message written before my day starts. 

Sorry to hear of the flooding in Wis.  We need rain and it's supposed to come this weekend with cooler temps too.  It was in the 90's all week and to be 90 today, then in the 70's for the weekend.  Our leaves are just beginning to turn, the sweet maples and persimmons. 

Elaine, I've been trying to figure out what type of water container you dropped.  Was it a bottled water container?  Poor thing, glad you were not cut by the glass, plus what a mess to have to clean up.  Teresa didn't give you too hard of a time did she? 

Tonight your concert Sue?  Have a wonderful time. 

My ZBB cd came yesterday.  It is such a good cd.  Glad I pre-ordered it. 

We're having a blue grass gospel group at church tomorrow night to raise funds for our new Family Life Center. I volunteered for the fund raising committee this year.  A weak moment!  Have to bake a sheet cake and help with serving and preparing a spaghetti dinner.  Jerry probably will not even go!  Drats!  I am looking forward to hearing the gospel group.  Never heard a bluegrass gospel group. 

Okay, I'm gonna close for now, y'all have a great Friday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 12:25:49 pm »

Sharon,
Your Life sounds so busy, how do you do it? You are younger than I perhaps.. ha! I used to do all the things you speak of when my children were home, but now my husband and I just want to enjoy together.The Group sounds fun, I used to go to the Gospel Singers in a small town near us and it's some of my greatest memories. I saw Mom and Pop Spears, also the Blackwood Brothers, they often sang backgroud music for Elvis when he did Gospel his Mom loved.Also The Gaithers. You should enjoy this.

Sue enjoy that Concert today, Don't let our Alan Drown now or You.. Hope you get a Meet and Greet TODAY! God Bless! If they only knew how very sweet you are Sue, they would enjoy meeting YOU so! a Cancer Survivor, I commend you for this!
I Hope the FanCub allows one more in, SUE! Praying for Ya! also for rain to stop. Concerned about the heat when we go to Nashville too! it can be difficult when one is asthmatic, if I wasn't I could hack it..Take your Hacket Packet Sue! ha Listen
my Sister knew she could not take an unbrella in to the venue , so she put a huge clear plastic bag in her purse and she used it LOL Like as a raincoat..Hugs and prayers, Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:30:02 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 01:56:38 pm »

Sharon I have a water cooler.The bottle
is plastic and I would have to guess about
10 gals to you.I started buying water when
I had so many kidneys stones so far none, so
won't take a chance drinking from the tap.(LOL)
Jeri your sister was quick thinking to stick a
plastic bag in her purse.One year at our family
golfing we had some rain.Their was about 80 of us
walking around with plastic bags(LOL)It looked
so funny.
Having another day of rain(YUK)
Elaine

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: