Alan Jackson
September 28, 2024, 06:52:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer's End - September  (Read 43449 times)
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 03:36:08 pm »

Harriet, I have you on my mind... Have a brother and his wife who both
had the rotater cuff surgery this year.  I know of others who have had
it and they say how important it is to do the therapy... though it is a
challenge...very important to follow through.  Hope all goes perfectly
for you!

JeanB, love your signed almanac! Wow! Alan wrote a Lot on there for you!
That's very special... Thanks for sharing it...

I am just reading... so haven't absorbed all the news bites here yet.
Hope many of you are enjoying a long holiday weekend. 

The weather is pretty great right now here ...sun is out and rain comes
and goes but then it will be just sunny soon for a few days with moderate
temps. Lovin' it!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 05:46:01 pm »

Hi all,
Is is really September and soon summer will be behind us Sharon.  Boo Hoo.....
Last week, I had workshop getting ready for the new school year starting tomorrow with the kids.
Harriet, praying your surgery goes well.
BHR and Jerie,  thinking of your hubbys as well.
kathy, I'm excited for Alan's new video, As She's Walking Away.
Jean, congrats on the autograph,  I need to send something into the fan club.
Anita, we were having a very warm summer until September arrived and the cool temps came with it.
A special request, Dizzy's twin, Mae is back in the hospital.  Doctors are trying to find the source of her infection.  Another request for prayers from Alan's Angels.  Prayer is powerful.
19 days until I will be with Alan!  So will hubby.  Should be a great time.
Hi to Elaine, Gwen, Leslie, AJTexas, and especially anyone I missed mentioning.
In the spring, Bill sold his extra cars as he didn't want to pay to store them for the summer as we traveled.  So Saturday, we bought a new red Ford Mustang.  Fun car.
Enjoy life all! Hugs.  Sue

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 11:03:50 pm »

Sue am I reading this right Bill is going to the concert..whoopee for you.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:18 am »

Jean, thanks for sharing your autographed almanac with us!  Alan did write a lot to you!!! 

We had a good weekend with family in Anderson, SC.  Our son and grandson went to the Clemson opener.  I haven't talked with him about the game, other than asking if they had fun.  Non-committal, "yeah, it was fun".  Saturday was his birthday.  No celebration that I know of.  Didn't hear from them after we got home! 

Jerry worked yesterday, so I did too! 

Sue, does Bill usually go to the concerts with you?  If not, glad he's going!  Sorry to hear about Mae.  Hope they find out what the problem is.  Thinking of Dizzy & Mae both. 

Hello to everyone else........

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 01:43:48 pm »

Sue my thoughts and prayers o out to Mae.
I pray they will find the source of her infection.
Sharon glad you had a good time in S.C.
with your family.
Busy washing my bedding.Changed to my
winter bedding this morning.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 04:52:36 pm »

Hi All    Sharon thanks for starting the Sept. thread.   JeanB Thanks for sharing your signed picture.    I am praying for Mazie and Dizzy too.   Sue have a great time at the concert with your husband.  I am still praying for Harriet,  BHR's husband and Jeri's husband.  I hope everyone is well or getting better.   Elaine I hope it doesn't get to cold for you.  Take Care everyone.     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »

Mae and Dizzy will be in my prayers.  Sue, enjoy the concert!!!  Let us know all about it.  I am anxiously awaiting a November concert or two.  Harriet, still thinking of you and your upcoming surgery.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:44 pm »

Nelle it doesn't start getting cold here until
late Oct .I like this weather after the hot
summer.
It rained last night and is cloudy again today.
Georgie had to go out at five this morning.
Had to dry his paws before he came back to
bed with me.(LOL)
Elaine

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS, ITS BEEN A WHILE AGAIN, BUT I KEEP TURNING UP LIKE THE OLD BAD PENNY!!  THOSE OF YOU WHO REMEMBER, I HAD A WONDERFUL "BASEBALL WEEK-END" IN MINNEAPOLIS LAST AUGUST, THIS TIME, THERE WERE 18 OF US IN ALL, WITH GRANDSONS AND THEIR FIANCES AND GIRLFRIENDS, 3 NIECES AND THEIR SPOUSES, MY 83 YR OLD SISTER IN LAW, AND 3 OF MY SONS AND FAMILIES....IT WAS JUST A VERY SPECIAL TIME.  AND I GOT TO ENJOY 3 GAMES WITH MY BELOVED MINN. TWINS IN THAT BEAUTIFUL NEW BALL PARK.  WISH I KNEW HOW TO POST PICTURES ON-LINE, I WOULD LOVE TO SHOW YOU ONE OF YOURS TRULY SITTING IN THE GOLDEN BASEBALL GLOVE THAT IS JUST OUTSIDE THE STADIUM.  "MY BOYS" WON 2 OUT OF THE 3 GAMES, SO I WAS ONE HAPPY CAMPER.  THAT PLACE HAS "GOOD VIBES", AS THE KIDS WOULD SAY, YOU CAN'T BE THERE WITHOUT HAVING A HAPPY HEART.  THAT'S BASEBALL, TO ME!

GETTING READY, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS, TO GO TO TUSCANY THE END OF THE MONTH FOR TWO WEEKS.  I AM A LITTLE APPREHENSIVE ABOUT IT, BUT BEFORE I KNEW IT, MY SON'S HAD THE TICKETS AND ARRANGEMENTS.  I WILL FLY WITH SON DOUG TO NORTH CAROLINA, MEET MY DAUGHTER LYNNE THERE, AND WE WILL FLY TO ITALY TOGETHER.  GOING TO BE SUCH A LONG FLIGHT THO, AND THAT'S WHAT MOSTLY WORRIES ME.  BUT EVERYONE SAYS "YOU'LL LOVE IT!!" I HAVE MY PASSPORT FROM MY TRIP TO ENGLAND 4 YEARS AGO, AGAIN WITH A SON AND DAUGHTER IN LAW.  THEY SEEM TO BE DRAGGING ME ALL OVER THE PLANET!

WATCHED THE COUNTRY MUSIC SPECIAL..BUT ONLY FOR ALAN'S PART, KEPT CHANNEL SURFING UNTIL HE FINALLY CAME ON AND PUT HIS SPECIAL STAMP OF CLASSY COUNTRY ON IT.  ALWAYS MAKES ME PROUD.

SEPTEMBER IS HERE ON THE CALENDAR, BUT IT TAKES LONGER FOR ARIZONA TO GET THE MESSAGE.  BUT I THINK I DETECTED A BIT OF SNAP IN THE AIR FOR A MOMENT WHEN I GOT MY PAPER THIS MORNING.  SOON  I WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE MY MORNING COFFEE ON THE PATIO AGAIN.  AND I WILL REMEMBER WHY I LIVE HERE!!!

jean-az/allALANnalways
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

Luvthataj, You will have a great time.  I was in Europe at the beginning of the summer for three weeks and I had a great time.  I did not go to Italy, but it is suppose to be beautiful, especially Tuscany.  I hope to go there someday.  We went to Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and The Netherlands.  There is so much to see.  Europe has beautiful scenery and the old buildings are unbelievable.  Enjoy.  Hope the weather will be good for you.

I wish I had more time to be on here.  I always seem to be far behind in the news. I have been so busy with baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, work and keeping up my own place.  Tomorrow evening will be the last wedding for awhile.   This is a niece of ours and it is out of town.   

I hope all is well with everyone.  My prayers are out to anyone who needs them. (BHR, Jeri's your husband, and Harriet).

AnitaMartina

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 01:43:19 pm »

My sister left this morning after a week and I miss her already.  We had such a good time together, we are already planning for my trip to California next year!   After a hotter than usual summer and beautiful sunny days, this past week was very cool and rainy.  We spent a couple of days in Door County and although the weather was not ideal, it did not deter us.   We definitely contributed to the economy - but what fun!

I'm still catching up on all the posts and I'm sure will miss some things.   Best wishes to Harriet for her upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery.

Been watching the AJ/ZBB video on CMT - love it!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:19 pm »

Jean (AZ) How wonderful that 19 of you got
together for the baseball games.Glad your twins
won two ofthe three games.Oh what a wonderful
trip your going to have flying to Italy.
Anita sounds like you had a busy summer with
weddings and showers.
Kathy glad youi got to go to Door country with
your sister.One day I would love to go back there.
Weekend was not nice .Rain most of the time.
still not nice today.Kelsey team came in 5 at the
volley ball tournament.It was good for them as they
were playing Univerisity teams.This was their last
outdoor tournament.The coach from the indoor
Univerisity team wants to talk to Kelsey this week.
I think she would be happy if she made the team
at the Univeristy in Kelowna which would mean she
still could live at home and comunicate to school.
She is in grade 12 so still has a year to decide what
she wants to do.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 04:40:00 pm »

Hello AJ Angels. Now just one more day until tomorrow & we finally get this surgery show on the road. Will do my best to do the rehab as some of you are saying it is very important. Just want to get it over with& deal with the aftermath & rehab. My sil is still coming to help out.

Mae & Dizzy are in my prayers.

Love to All. You guys are great.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:10:57 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 06:53:16 am »

Good Morning Y'all,
Harriet, thinking of you and your surgery today. 

Is it just me or has Jeri been absent from the board?  Hope everything is ok with her.

We've had several who no longer post, I miss hearing from them.

Elaine, love to hear about Kelsey's volleyball.  This year will go fast for her and I'm sure she will be recruited by several colleges for her athletics.  Nicole goes to a small Christian college in NC about 2 hrs from home.  It's such a good experience for them.  I'm so glad she was honored with a scholarship.  I get to watch the team play on webcam and I feel like I'm there.  She will have some games close enough for me to go. 

Jean/AZ, happy for you to be able to go to Italy with your son and DIL.  The baseball weekend with family sounds great.  Hope you are able to take lots of pictures and share them and your experiences when you get back.  Since you've been to England, you know the flight isn't too bad.  I would love to get back. 

Better get busy around here.  I bought two gardenia bushes I need to plant today.  I haven't been doing much in the yard or the house lately....Not a good thing!!  LOL!

Hello to everyone and have a good day.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 06:56:17 am »

Sharon, I was thinking the same thing about Jeri.  Hope all is well with her and her husband.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: